Let's Play! Ardy plays Pokemon Blazed Glazed!

Hey everyone, I'm Ardy, and Im currently procrastinating my college assignments by playing ROM Hacks. I've seen a lot of people posting their Let's Plays here, and I wanted to try that out too. So without further ado, here is my Lets Play of Pokemon Blazed Glazed!

The Game:
Pokemon Blazed Glazed is a reworking of a pretty famous GBA hack, Pokemon Glazed. Pokemon Blazed Glazed updates the difficulty and adds a lot of pokemon and moves from later generations. I have played Pokemon Blazed Glazed before, but only as far as the 1st gym. I have apparently (since I found the file on my laptop) played Pokemon Glazed upto the second gym, but I only vaguely remember it. I greatly enjoyed what I played, though, and thats why I've chosen this game for Let's Play.

This playthrough is not a Nuzlocke, because its my first time playing through these games in a long time and I dont want a headache. I'm going to be posting updates as often as I can, (ie; when I have assignments due that I dont want to do) and Im gonna do so in the form of screenshots and text, not video. As stated, this is my first Let's Play, so let me know if I'm doing anything wrong or inefficiently and all that. Criticize away!

And now, finally, the game.

Pokemon Blazed Glazed_05.png

Title Screen! Nothing much else to say here.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_06.png

This is the regions professor, Professor Willow. I really like his sprite, btw.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_07.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_08.png

My name, chosen in the style that I've always chosen, because TERRY just seems friendlier than Terry, for some reason. Theres some strictness about Terry that isnt present with the childish, carefree essence of TERRY. Atleast, thats how I feel.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_09.png

After rushing through the rest of the intro the game drops us right into this forest. A very visually appealing forest. I just like how the trees look here, much better than the ugly things in RSE. Theres nothing to the left of us, so the only option is to go down this path.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_10.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_11.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_12.png

This weird man runs up to us halfway through and begins to cryptically scold us.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_14.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_15.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_16.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_17.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_18.png

The weird man teleports us back to what must be our room, then teleports away. Kinda rude, but at least he apologizes. Anyways, time to explore the room.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_19.png

Not that there is much to explore. You cant really interact with anything except the clock, which informs you the batteries have run out. Even this laptop is unresponsive to my efforts to get a Potion out of it. Curses. With nothing left to do in the room, I decide to leave the house.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_20.png

A Pokemon game where both of our parents are alive and living together? Sounds like blasphemy to me, but okay. The towns name is Glenwood, by the way. Mom and Dad inform us that they're going to the nearby Chocho town to get groceries, reminds us we are wanted at Professor Willow's lab, and then we are free to explore the town. There isnt much to explore in the town, however, so I decide to see how far we can go. Towards the left is a path that leads to some wild grass that a sign informs us is Professor Willow's sanctuary.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_21.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_22.png

Unfortunately, we cant enter it just yet. So lets go towards the right of the town this time.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_24.png

Hey, theres an item ball hidden behind that tree! (this is a bad screenshot, im aware, but by the time I realised you could barely see it in this one, i had already picked it up)
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_23.png

Unfortunately, when we get too close, this random Pikachu in the forest gets angry at us and pushes us away. So now that we've exhausted the possibilities, lets finally go to Willow's lab.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_26.png

Professor Birch???
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_25.png

According to the game, its Professor Willow, but Im onto you, Birch.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_27.png

We get a choice of 5 starters, which is cool. There is only one right choice, though.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_31.png

The nickname is the nickname I gave to my first ever Chimchar back when I played Pokemon Diamond. Good times. Nature and IVs arent anything special, but Im too lazy to reset for good stats.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_29.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_30.png

Since Willow doesnt have any Pokedexes on him at the moment (left them in Hoenn??), he tells us to go to Chocho Town, and get one from his friend, The Inventor. And so off we go.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_32.png

When we set off, though, we find that the Pikachu from earlier is harassing our parents. When we interrupt it, it gets mad.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_33.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_34.png

Its practically impossible to lose this fight, since the Pikachu only knows Growl. As such, we take it down pretty easily, after which the Pikachu runs off.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_36.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_37.png

After scaring the Pikachu off, our parents give us some gifts to make life easier. The EXP.Share in particular is greatly appreciated this early in the game.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_38.png

Our parents tell us they're proud of us (Take notes, irl dads and moms and parents) then tell us to go take on the Pokemon League. They point us in the direction of Oceanview City, but unfortunately, since we dont have a map yet, we dont really know where that is. Anyways, some grinding is done here to bump up Chimchar a bit.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_39.png

That seems like enough. Oh, and while we're at it, we should pick up that item from before.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_40.png

I guess that makes up for not having one in the laptop at home. We heal up Chimchar, then head towards Chocho Town.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_41.png

Before we get far, we're interrupted by this guy.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_42.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_43.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_44.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_45.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_46.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_47.png

I suppose this was to be expected.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_48.png

Fucking lit sprite holy hell.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_49.png

Two Scratches can easily take down this Cyndaquil, so its a pretty easy fight. Percy will always have Cyndaquil no matter what our starter is.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_50.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_51.png

Smell ya later, Percy.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_52.png

We grind a bit more, and Chimchar learns Taunt. Again, we can leave it at this. And now, finally, lets go to Chocho town.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_53.png

Awesome. We heal up our Chimchar inside the Centre, but theres something more important to be found here.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_66.png

The first map we can see in the game. (or atleast the first one I found. its entirely possible i missed an earlier one.)
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_67.png

Pretty intriguing design. And yes, we are gonna be able to travel to that other region later on! Anyways, we have to go north for Oceanview, as the map shows, but before that, lets go to the Inventor and get the Pokedex.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_54.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_55.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_56.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_57.png

Thats nice
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_59.png

Thats nicer.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_60.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_61.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_62.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_64.png

We're going north anyways, so why not.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_65.png

And here is where we'll leave this off for now. Hopefully I shouldnt be too long between updates, but Im going to keep this one short so I can get feedback and improve the next one, which will probably be longer!

Please, if you have any criticisms or advice, please let me know!

Also Im not sure about how to attach pictures without the files showing up below, so if someone can guide me it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Attachments

Last edited:
Okay, today is going pretty slow now that I've actually finished the assignments, and my roommate is out of town so why not continue this while I'm still free.

Last time we left off outside the Inventors house, about to go to Milkshake Swamp. So lets get right into it.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_68.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_69.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_70.png

Thats unfortunate. Thankfully, we're saved from the dreadful fate of not being able to enter a toxic environment by some divine intervention.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_71.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_72.png

God?
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_73.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_74.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_75.png

Nope, just a traine- wait how does he have fucking Darkrai
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_79.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_80.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_81.png

Well, I guess that explains it. Somewhat. Still pretty weird that you have the embodiment of Nightmares as your pet, that seems like a thing someone evil would do. Anyways, he runs off the assholes preventing us from progressing, so thats nice. Oh, and the evil team for this region is Team Fusion.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_84.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_85.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_86.png

I thought it was a requirement of being a Pokemon Professor to have some Pokemon to research on, but I guess not. And yeah, hes an inventor, but most of his inventions are probably Pokemon based, as we'll see.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_88.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_89.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_91.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_92.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_93.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_94.png

Blake offers to take the Inventor off our hands, leaving us free to do whatever. And the first thing we're gonna do is backtrack and catch a Zigzagoon from the first route.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_96.png

Self explanatory nickname. Interesting thing about Forest Pass, it has wild Sandshrew to catch. Ground Types are good against the first gym, but we'll pass on Sandshrew for now, because we're about to get an even better Ground Type in a bit. Anyways, now that thats done, lets head into the Swamp.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_97.png

This is a very poisonous area, with most of the pokemon here being Poison-typed. Buying some antidotes would be wise, as you're going to get poisoned a few times in this area. Anyways, there are some intriguing choices of Pokemon here, so lets catch a few!
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_98.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_100.png

Rain Dish is the only ability Croagunk can have. Meindukk means Frog in my mother-tongue, Urdu.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_101.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_102.png

I really like Breloom, and I use it in every game that I can. Weed is my default nickname for all grass type Pokemon because my sense of humor stopped developing when I was 15, apparently.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_103.png

Yus.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_104.png

I wanna take the time here to point out something annoying. See that patch of weird looking grass by the ledge? It's Ivy, and if you step on it itll randomly poison one of your party. And even more annoying...
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_106.png

It can poison Poison-types. I heal up and then set to exploring the area.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_108.png

Badly timed screenshot but yeah.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_109.png

Oh my. This is the first non-rival trainer we've encountered in the game. He has two Pokemon.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_110.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_111.png

Both go down spectacularly hard to Ember.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_114.png

This is a feature I really like. No need for the VS Seeker or anything, just walking up to some trainers and talking to them will start a rematch. Very good for grinding.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_115.png

Soon after we have our first double trainer battle as well.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_116.png

Grinding is very easy so far.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_117.png

After battling our way through a couple more trainers, we get to the Ruins.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_118.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_119.png

I thought this was a higher level grunt, but nope. Just seems like a random unnamed Grunt.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_122.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_123.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_125.png

Inexplicably, Blake doesnt arrest the Grunt, and he just sort of leaves on his own, allowing us to inspect the tablet ourselves.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_126.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_127.png

Personally, I dont get the fuss, but okay.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_128.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_130.png

The Inventor rewards us with a nice little addition to the game.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_131.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_132.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_133.png

Its a nice touch that wasnt needed, but is appreciated.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_135.png

Blake and the Inventor leave, allowing us to inspect the ruins in private.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_136.png

As we inspect the ruins, this happens.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_137.png

Oh god not you again
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_138.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_139.png

Well, atleast you gave us your name this time.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_140.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_141.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_142.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_143.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_144.png

Mudkip? Count me in, Swampert is awesome.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_145.png

Unfortunately, when we try to interact with the Mudkip, it runs off.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_146.png

We follow it and interact with it again.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_147.png

Is everyone in this universe rude?
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_148.png

Theres a Pokeball nearby I pick up.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_149.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_150.png

Hello, better Ground Type.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_151.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_152.png

Borker is the nickname I gave to my Mudkip way back when I first played Emerald. Good times...
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_153.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_154.png

Wait, you promised you'd expla-
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_155.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_156.png

Youre a liar and a cheat and you will spend an eternity on this ship.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_157.png

We teleport back to where we were. The NPCs are not even remotely concerned about the scientific miracle that just happened.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_158.png

Before we leave Milkshake Swamp, I wanna point out this trainer, right next to the exit. He shouts out FREE EXP as he battles you, and he has 3 level 10 pokemon (Kakuna, Metapod and Butterfree), and none of them have attacking moves. You can rematch him. We will be using this in a bit.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_159.png

We enter Oceanview Park, a small path leading into Oceanview City.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_160.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_161.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_162.png

This trainer gives us a free Moomoo Milk, which is greatly appreciated.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_163.png

Same, dude, same.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_166.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_167.png

This is the first Pokemon we can interact with using the Pokecomm, and its a nice wholesome exchange.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_168.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_169.png

Same, dude, same. All the fat dudes in this game are so relateable. Anyways lets get to the city already.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_170.png

Its not bad, as far as first-gym cities go.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_171.png

I forgot to check for this last time, but the PC does have a free potion for us! Now lets head to the gym.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_172.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_173.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_174.png

Awh man.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_175.png

The first gym is quite obviously an Electric Gym, so evolving Mudkip is a priority.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_177.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_176.png

This building next to the Pokemon Centre is a Bed and Breakfast. We cant stay here, but theres a nice gift on the second floor.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_178.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_179.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_181.png

Oh?
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_182.png

...i guess that IS a large Rock.
Onix is a pretty decent gift Pokemon at this point of the game, considering youre about to go up against an Electric Gym, and its pretty high level too (Level 12). However, we dont really need it because Marshtomp is so much better. And before I forget, Saanp is the Urdu word for Snake.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_183.png

Pickup comes in handy the first time this game.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_184.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_185.png

I herd u li-okay then.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_186.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_187.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_189.png

Dawww. Im lonely.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_190.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_192.png

Im fairly certain this is where we have to go after the gym, because I dont see any other way to progress. Buying the ticket now does nothing, as you cant use it before taking on the gym.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_191.png

If only I had a Ninetails. Oh well. Now that we're done with exploring, lets dump Saanp and Meindukk in the PC and go EXP Farm.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_193.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_194.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_195.png

We stop around Level 14, because the Power Plant itself gives us some good EXP thatll push it over the edge. I dont learn Foresight.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_196.png

Ullull at Level 13, Borker at Level 14, Weed at Level 10. HMSlave still useless. Lets do this.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_197.png

Theres some pretty good Pokemon selection here, actually. We'll pick some up in a bit, but first..
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_199.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_200.png

Mach Punch replaces Leer on the first evolved Pokemon.
There are some trainers on the second floor of the Power Plant. Defeating them gives us enough EXP to evolve Mudkip.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_203.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_204.png

Mud Shot replaces Growl.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_205.png

Pickup is coming along nicely this stretch.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_206.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_207.png

GranOlOpry comes from the song Body Electric by Lana Del Rey. I couldnt think of anything else.
The Power Plant has some good selection, though. Theres Electrike, Pikachu, Magnemite, and..
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_237.png

This nifty thing.
Anyways, we clear the trainers with relative ease, and then proceed to the top floor.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_209.png

Where, holy hell, its bright.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_210.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_211.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_212.png

Yes, that IS the Scarf Pikachu from the beginning of the game! No, this is NOT the last time we'll encounter it!
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_213.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_214.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_215.png

Bring it on. Lets batt-
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_216.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_217.png

Well. That seems unwise. Trusting someone you just met with taking on a hostile Pokemon? Alright then.
There are three switches placed around the room.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_218.png

This one doesnt work.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_219.png

Neither does this one.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_220.png

This one, however...
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_221.png

Bingo. We're free to go interact with the Pikachu. And armed with the Pokecomm, we can understand what it wants! Is this the beginning of a story of friendship?
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_222.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_223.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_224.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_225.png

Probably not.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_226.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_227.png

Scarf Pikachu has the same stats as Raichu, except it has 100 Attack and Sp.Atk. Despite this, its only attacking move during this fight is Thundershock, from what I can tell. Additionally, it cannot be caught (wasting three Pokeballs and then googling confirmed this for me). Two Mud Shots take it down quick.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_228.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_229.png

Im feeling slightly threatened here.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_230.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_231.png

Well, thats nice, atleast. We head out of the Powerplant and towards Sparky's gym.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_232.png

But we're interrupted yet again by a new character. This is our second rival for this game.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_233.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_234.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_235.png

I have to say, I like Chelle better than Percy. Shes so much nicer.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_236.png

Her sprite is nowhere near as lit, though.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_238.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_239.png

She has a Chikorita, regardless of what your starter is, and a regular Pikachu. I switch to Ullull for Chikorita, who goes down to 2 Embers, then go back to Borker for Pikachu, who falls to a single Mud Shot.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_242.png

Smell ya later, Chelle. We are now free to enter the gym.
There are 3 trainers in the gym apart from Sparky. I move Weed to the front of the Party since he's the only one who needs the EXP right now.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_243.png

Headbutt replaces Tackle. I forgot to grab a screenshot, but Mega Drain replaces Absorb.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_244.png

With the trainers taken care of, its time to fight Shocky and his Jolteon.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_245.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_246.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_247.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_248.png

Electrike falls to a single Mud Shot. Mareep actually lives the first Mud Shot, and when I try to take her out with Tackle the following turn, Static kicks in and paralyses me. It takes three Mud Shots to get rid of Jolteon.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_249.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_250.png

The Jolt Badge, as well as the TM for Shock Wave, is ours! TMs here are infinite, so I teach Shock Wave to GranOlOpry, replacing Thundershock.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_251.png

And thats where we'll leave it off for now. I might update tomorrow, if Im not too busy, but if I get a ton of homework I probably wont.

Attachments

Im back again! I just smoked some weed like 10 minutes ago so Im gonna be high for the entirety of this writing process. So yeah. Thatll be interesting.

Last time we left off, we had just defeated the 1st gym in the game.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_252.png

The only way forward that I can see is purchasing the ticket from the boat people. We have an abundance of money on us, in any case.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_253.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_254.png

Yes sir
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_255.png

My roommate is currently throwing 20 dollar bills all over the room while jumping on his mattress. That has nothing to do with anything, but college life is so fucking weird.
Anyways yeah serena ticket is ours. We can now progress with the plot.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_256.png

First, however, we will be taking the time to put virus in the storage system. GranOlOpry (ill just call him GOO from now on) and oh holy shit I just realised my shirt isnt reflecting the light or anything my phone was on my stomach. I proably shouldnt be writing this rigth now. SOrry. GOO gets to stay because hes actually useful.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_257.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_258.png

We put GOO in the beginning of the team right now cuz he needs to kill stuff and level up. A quick trip to the EXP Farm in the beginning and...
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_259.png

We replace Leer.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_260.png

Thats enough for strong boy. Its now time to progress the plot. You'll notice we will not progress the plot much in this episode, because I got sidetraked by a bunch of sidequests. So enoy my efforts while they last.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_261.png

As you can clearly see, there are 2 boats waiting for us. The left boat will take us to Serenity Isle if we have the SerenityTix. The one on the right, however...
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_262.png

Intriguing. I remember this from Pokemon Frazed: If you get the wish ticket, you can go to wish island and catch a jiracho. SO we need to get on that.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_263.png

In the mean time, left progress the plot. hehehe wordplay.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_264.png

We arrive at Serena Iggy. I want you guys to know that it has been an FOURTY FIVE MINUTES since I began to write this. You guys do not knwo what its like rn. Im writing so much comedy gold, but I have to backspace it because i need to stay focused. i should skip class in the morning.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_265.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_266.png

Listen up fucker we will not have your victim blaming narrative in this game
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_267.png

As im trying to get away from this perv, my cellphone rings.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_268.png

What do you watch, birch
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_269.png

Could you deliver authenticity that you are not Birch with hair dye
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_270.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_271.png

Old man is asking too much of us, truth be told. SO we're gonna first do all the sidequest thingies and then go to him
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_272.png

This is a challenge we will be doing later. it gives us a Pokemon if we go all the way to the top.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_274.png

This is the something Resort. Hang on lemme check. Fusion Resort. Wait isnt Fusion the evil teams name? Suspicious....
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_275.png

The hotel is overbooked and you need a Room Key for most of the rooms, btu there is this delightful sidequest you can do here. On the second floor, this woman tells us to deliver a message to her friend Diana on the top floor.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_276.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_277.png

Before that, however, there are these two move tutors. theyre reusable. they can teach curse, or seed bomb, to ANY one of your Pokemon. This was actually nerfed from Spore and Leaf Blade to any pokemon in the original Glazed. Still, Seed Bomb on ANYTHING is good offensive coverage. Especially on Shroomish, but I forgot to teach it this.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_281.png

Back to plot. DIana on the fourth floor doesnt take our message straight away because the bourgeoisie will never listen to the voice of the proletariat. She instead demands more food, as her class befits a certain presentation.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_283.png

Going to the entrance and talking to the cook gets you this.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_284.png

Im a good little pleb reward me rich master
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_285.png

Please, master, may little prolo have a word?
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_286.png

Thank you master. I will go away like a good little serf now.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_287.png

Im sorry. It wasnt my fault. The marxists made me do it.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_288.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_289.png

[Harbour Mail]. Master gives us some money with which to buy these items. normally id advocate for pocketing the money and running away, but i wanna do quest and get item
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_290.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_291.png

One must imagine Sisyphus happy.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_292.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_293.png

Master forgive us for this wrongdoing, we are the scum of the earth!
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_294.png

Master has given dobby a negative super potion
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_296.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_297.png

Master has given dobby a purpose. dobby will fetch the fanservice for you, master.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_298.png

yes, we had to individually check every tile without any indication where it would be. but such is the life of the lowly serf in the fuedal system.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_299.png

Is this what Marx meant when he said break your chains? proabably not. am i high enough to do this? probably.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_300.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_301.png

YAY THANK YOU MASTER YOUVE MADE THIS CAPITALISTIC COG VERY HAPPY>
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_302.png

omgomgomg jirachi jirachi jirachi
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_303.png

Fuck the bourgeoisie.
Okay, thats as far as I got last night. This is me today, sober, writing the rest. I'm not even gonna try editing what I wrote last night
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_304.png

Exploring the city brings us to the gym, and this lazy piece of roadblocking. Since its apparent we wont get anything done by exploring the city any longer, I decide to go ahead and visit the professor.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_305.png

I forgot to take screenshots, but to get here you go through the Serenity Bridge. Its basically the Nugget Bridge if you didnt get a nugget after battling all 5 trainers.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_306.png

Since I dont have a flyer yet, I caught this lil thing in the grass near the Bridge, then hopped a few ledges to get back to the starting city and the professors lab.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_307.png

Hello, Birch. We meet again.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_308.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_309.png

You too, Blake.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_310.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_311.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_312.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_313.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_314.png

Dont you have challengers to face? It seems the Elite Four should be at the League, waiting for challengers, rather than wandering the land.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_315.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_316.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_317.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_318.png

Only if you admit to moving here from Hoenn with some grey hair dye.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_319.png

Or I could just unconditionally agree. Whichever suits you, I guess.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_320.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_321.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_322.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_323.png

We finally get Cut! But before anything, lets check out his sanctuary.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_324.png

WHAT
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_327.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_328.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_329.png

i regret naming Croagunk Meindukk now, cuz that would be a good name for Froakie. Bihari is a barbeque dish, and fire-pig, yknow, it writes itself.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_325.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_326.png

And back to Serenity Isle we go. Before plot, however, theres one more sidequest I wanna do.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_330.png

Lighthouse Challenge! We battle through 8 trainers to get to the top. I forgot to take screenies the first time around, so I'll just save my game now, redo the challenge while taking screenies, and then reset back to the old save so the extra EXP doesnt make my pokemon OP.
Also, I levelled up a bunch during the first run, and these happened:
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_331.png

Not learnt.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_332.png

Replaces Ember. Now onto the challenge!
We have plenty of money, so I buy 6 potions to help me through this gauntlet.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_01.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_02.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_03.png

Both Pikachu go down to Mud Shot, but the first one gets off a Quick Attack.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_04.png

Larvitar goes down to one Water Gun. Golett Survives the first Water Gun and uses Mud Slap. Borker proceeds to miss the next 5 water guns while Golett uses Iron Defense once, mud slap twice, and then rollout. The 6th Water Gun connects and kills.
The next trainer is water type, so lets shift around to let GOO lead.

Both go down to two Shock Waves. Dewott uses a non-damaging move first time, while Prinplup uses Peck.
Next is the Grass Type trainer, so Ullull gets its time to shine.

Ivysaur goes down to 2 Flame Wheels, and misses a Sleep Powder. Roselia falls to one Flame Wheel (it was a crit tho)
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_13.png

Sneasel goes down to a Mach Punch, and we switch to GOO for Cloyster. Cloyster is killed by two Shock Waves and sets up Spikes on its turn.
We swap Ullull for Borker for the next trainer.

Quilava takes two Mud Shots and uses Flame Wheel in return. Ponyta dies to a Mud Shot + Water Gun, and uses Ember.
We swap Borker for Weed.

2 Mega Drain on Kabuto while he gets off a Rock Tomb and a Leer. 2 Mega Drain on Graveler.

It takes some combination of Leech Seed, Stun Spore and Mega Drain to fall the two of them.
And then, finally, our prize.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_333.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_334.png

That...is not worth battling through these trainers.
And thats where we'll leave it off for now. See you tomorrow, probably. Thank you again for reading this far!

Attachments

Last edited:

Last time we left off after completing some side quests. This time, lets go with the plot.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_28.png

Hold that thought.

Replaces Mega Drain and Taunt, respectively. Double Team replaces Growl. Vulpix caught so we can later evolve it and trade. BTW, all Vulpix have Flash Fire, but they have a 50% chance to get Drought upon evolving.

Yes.

The boat we get onto immediately goes down. Goddammit, Blake, dont you have responsibilities?
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_35.png

Wow

For an Elite Four member, you're pretty reliant on a teenager.

Please, I beg of you, just go to the League.

Conveniently, theres a PC on this random island we've washed up on. Lets check the map.

Lovely.
The grass nearby has some Phantump, which I consider catching, but theyre just gonna be in the PC forever, so I leave them be, and we head into a cave in the location.

Well. Thats not ideal.

Replaces Water Gun.
The cave honestly isnt that bad, the layout is pretty simple, so just by feeling your way around you should be able to get through. It would be nice if we had Flash, though.

We find our first Fusion Grunt!

Both go down to 1 Wing Attack.

We also see this Rock, which looks EXACTLY like the one outside the gym.

Replaces Water Gun.

The cave is full of Ghastly and Haunter, btw. We also encounter a bunch of Fusion grunts. It also has Honedge, but Aegislash isnt all that good in this game, without Stance Change, so we leave it be.

Oh?

I forgot to actually take a screenshot with the lantern on, but its basically Flash. Thank fuck, too.
Anyways we eventually find an exit and are let out onto a small plain. We wander about until we find this kind creature:

Our Pokes are pretty beat up by the constant assault of Grunts and wild Pokemon, so this is appreciated.

Also nice.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_58.png

Up ahead theres another cavern, which I guess is where the plot is.

Oh you've got to be kidding

I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_63.png

I wouldnt really say it was my dream to battle Team Fusion, I was just sorta dragged along for the ride by an inept leader.

Alright, why not.

Pikachu actually puts up a bit of a fight this time, as he has Drain Kiss. I was leading with Ullull, and Borker took a Drain Kiss on the switch in. The next turn, Pikachu used Agility as Borker killed it with Mud Shot.

F

Thanks dude but this is so awkward I didnt get you anything

I liked you better when you couldnt talk

Thats neat, but why was Zoroark blocking the entrance to a Pokemon Gym in the middle of a city?
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_76.png

Anyways we find this cave blocked by the rocks, time to kick ass.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_77.png

Giovanni????
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_78.png

Im now 100000% sure that Willow is Birch.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_82.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_83.png

Literally just Giovanni.

Awww, a modern day Bonnie and Clyde.

Dont remember what I used but both go down.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_87.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_90.png

Michael is such an anticlimatic name for a villain.

Very stylish for a criminal.

Birb faints and Ullull comes in. Both Zoroarks are killed by one Mach Punch each.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_95.png

They leave, obviously. Im not sure how they got off the island without Blake noticing, though.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_99.png

Im not even sure why, but I dont trust you.

Yes please get me off this godforsaken isle
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_105.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_107.png

yeah yeah make your excuses.
The ticket is nice tho

Oh
Thats a cute coincidence. Anyways Archaeologist prolly means ground or rock so I swap Weed to the front.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_112.png

Poof.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_113.png

Hehehehe

This name isnt common enough for the both of us.

k

Hah I look better
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_120.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_121.png

Bullet Seed replaces Seed Bomb, because Breloom will have Technician.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_124.png

Ta daa! Thats all for this update. Next time we'll have more stuff. Thank you all!

Attachments

Ah, this game. I remember doing some hilarious glitches with it.
I don't know if there is a GTS but I can trade over a PKRS pokemon to you if there is a GTS. I promise you that I didn't alter the game and got the PKRS randomly from Wild Battles.
The learnset and types of Pokemon have been modified if I remember correctly. Garchomp and Salamence can learn Outrage by level-up (which my Garchomp used to hilarious effect).

My advice : Get a HM Slave because this game really loves throwing HMs at you.

Last edited:
Random Passerby What kinda glitches? Anything fun gameplay wise?
Ooooo Pokerus sounds lit. I'll check if they have a GTS. And yeah we have an HM Slave, Zigzagoon.

Last time we left off, we had just beat the gym in Serenity Isle. This time, I take the ship and use the Seaspray Tix to get to Seaspray Town.

Where we promptly run into Chelle again.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_129.png

Still a pretty easy fight. Bayleef is taken down by Ullull and Frogadier by GOO. Raichu easily taken down by Borker.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_134.png

For fucks sake. Why cant people just stay where theyre designated in this game? Even the Professor has travelled all the way from Hoenn to come here.

After Chelle leaves, we slip through reality again.

Where the fuck are we

ew florida

Whats up

Ominous.

can i steal this

Unlike in the Pokemon World, people in Florida are apparently afraid of strangers.

AN UXIE

Terry from what angle does that look like a Poochyena to you

You scare me a lot less now that I know where youre from

Give me your money bitch

no im here for your money

Ill have your phone, too, while we're at it

I bet youre gonna leave us hanging again.

oh nevermind

Yeah but HOW

Dire things?
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_164.png

Upon seeing this first my impression was "Wtf luke" but tbh imagine what an Alakazam would look like irl and tell me you wouldnt freak out
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_165.png

Okay but HOW I cant control this teleportation like you can

We talk to the Um...Hi... girl from before and open the portal back.

Woop

Anyways this is Seaspray Town.

This old man moves away while talking to us. Rude.

BTW, Cut is a 60 BP Bug Move in this game.

Think I forgot to mention it last update, but I bought a Fire Stone at the Department Store.

Woot woot
Lets go back to Oceanview and trade with the dude

Fuk ye

Montage time

Nah
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_188.png

YOOT

Replaces Headbutt

Technician is such a beautiful sight to see

Awesome
Now back to Seaspray

I love the inclusion of a working mother in these games, but despise the fact that shes not at the gym and that Im gonna have to do some useless sidequests to progress the plot

Finally
Lets battle!
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_197.png

Fuckin rude
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_198.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_201.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_202.png

She dislikes Willow too? Awesome Im on Team Flo now
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_203.png

Thats illegal but ok
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_204.png

How helpful.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_208.png

This is nice

Thanks Flo

Found a Pokeball

Another one bites the dust

Replaces Mud Slap

Not learnt.

Oh no
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_218.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_219.png

Oh hey I was afraid youd be Blake
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_221.png

Fuck you Quilava
Quilava in this game is Fire/Ground type. I didnt know this first time I battled it, and tried using GOO with Shock Wave. Fucker killed me with Mud Shot.

Demonic Possession

Hello Red
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_226.png

Bring it on fuckface

Percy is harder than Chelle, but not by much. All three are taken down without much in the way of resistance.

Man youre such a good sport I love you

Found the fucker
And thats where Ill leave off for now. Ill hopefully be back with more tomorrow. As always, thank you!

Attachments

When you give Kurt an Apricorn, he'll work on it forever. Every time you talk to him after that, he'll say "I just finished your Ball" and gives it to you. As long as you keep talking to him, he'll hand you a Ball each time. This means you can only gain one type of Ball but infinite amounts of them.

When you use Dig / Escape Rope, sometimes you'll be sent to places you don't expect. This will also allow you to walk as if you have the walk through walls cheat on. You might accidentally sequence break this way. You will also see how the developer / programmer set his characters in the background. Some of these can be interacted with.

Turn the Battle Animations off. Some moves might crash the game.

I do not remember how but I think some Pokemon changed levels after evolving.

Random Passerby holy shit those do sound fun. Ill try and see if I can implement any of them this run.

Say that to my face you little sh
Last time we left off in Geminite Village, having been given a quest by Flo. This time we will complete that quest, but first lets explore the village a bit.

This guy offers us Fossils in exchange for Shards.

And this guy gives us a Shovel with which to look for Shards!

And THIS guy gives us a place to find shards. What a perfect symphony.

You dig around in this place, and you have a chance of finding a shard or nothing. Its pretty cool.
Anyways, we get a decent haul (2 Yellow Shards, 1 Green Shard and 1 Blue Shard) so lets go to the Fossil guy
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_252.png

Yessir

For the Yellow

For the Blue

For the Green.
That done with, lets get back to the plot.

Recent project is a very ominous way of putting it.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_240.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_241.png

Isnt it easier for you to do it? I mean is he really going to listen to a child

Sigh

Thank you, kind sir

YOU STOP THAT THIS INSTANT

We replace Stun Spore

This pissed me off. You have to go all the way back out of the cave to reset the Hikers position and progress, and its just very annoying for no reason. But while backtracking, I did find...

MINE

Cuz Alakazams mustache reminds me of Odin.

See I knew he wouldnt take me seriously.

Red????
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_266.png

Your hubris will be your downfall, fuckface

Hahahaha thats what she s

Oh shit dont actually do it you dumbass

I BEG OF YOU, RECONSIDER
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_273.png

He leaves us behind and runs out of the cave. The cave itself starts shaking and shit, do not recommend as a tourist location.

And whos fault is that, dumbass?
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_278.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_279.png

Okay you apologizing makes me dislike you less, but youre still on thin fucking ice mister
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_280.png

He gives us Strength. Its a passable apology at best.
As we leave, however, we are treated to this cutscene.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_287.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_288.png

Giovanni you fuck how are you
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_289.png

This sounds very intriguing.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_293.png

Oooo spoopy
Whats the betting that Henri is just a recolored Silver
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_295.png

Rock Smash! Yay!

Omw as we speak. Somehow.

Lets do it
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_303.png

But first we have to beat Flos son to a pulp
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_306.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_307.png

Taken down pretty easily.

That doesnt seem like a good plan.
This is a water gym, btw.

GOO fights its way through the trainer gauntlet and we get to Flo.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_317.png

GOO Takes down Wartortle, but falls to Azumarill. Weed comes in and disposes of Azumarill and Quagsire, and leaves Gyara at mid yellow. Birb comes in and takes the steal. It leans Roost over Peck.

Ta daaaa

And thats where we'll leave off for now. Thank you again for reading!

Attachments

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
I really wish I saw this thread earlier, because it was a very fun read! I hope you have time to continue the let's play, because I'd love to read more.

The game also looks a lot better designed than other fangames I've seen, as in, the locations actually look appealing. The story doesn't go all out on edginess either, which is always a great plus. It looks competently put together, although it looks like it might not evade the temptation of having its level curve go too high. Since most movesets and evolution levels tend to cap out around level 50-60, you ideally don't want it to go that high too early - and now you've beaten gym 3 and are already in the thirties, and there's a whole second region to explore after the first one. But either way, this looks interesting, and I hope you find time to continue!

Hey guys, Im really sorry for the long wait between updates but I hit a rough patch and needed to focus on a couple things. Im better now, so hopefully I can keep this going.

Last time we left off, we had just defeated Flo. We'll pick up where we left off and try to get some shit done.

But first, we're gonna swap out GOO for Odin. GOO just isnt doing it as a special attacker tbh, and even though Id prefer an electric type cuz the team is pretty weak to Flying, Im gonna go for Odin as its probably the strongest special attacker atm.

Give it some actual firepower first. I use the grass nearby to grind.

And now it has decent STAB. Can anything stand in the way of this mighty beast? The answer, as we'll discover, is "Gods, yes."

Get this done with and lets go break some rocks.

We go back to Geminite Village. Theres a route underneath it which ends at a cave with rocks infront of it, so clearly thats where we have to go.

MINE

Sue me, Im lazy with names this update.
This route actually has a bunch of great pokemon. You have Yanma and both Nidorans as very common encounters, as well as a bunch of not-common encounters that are really good.
I try to use this route to grind Odin to a better level (at 21 its by far the weakest party member) but its so fucking frail. After it somehow gets KOed by a Nidoran Ms Double Kick, I give up on training Odin and dump it in the PC, then resolve to catch a Nidoran M as a replacement cuz I've always loved Nidoking.

Instead, however, I run into one of my favorite Pokemon, Joltik, and I cannot resist the urge to catch it. Being an electric type with a nuetrality to flying is bothersome, but its okay because look at this little baby. Its fucking adorable.

And, at level 26, it perfectly fits the team. I grind a little bit more, and then get a mini-heart attack when I return to the PC.

Holy fucking shit this legitimately made me day yesterday. I've only gotten Pokerus once before, in my run of Pokemon Platinum like six years ago. So this made me really happy.

You beautiful little chimp, you.
I go on an infecting frenzy then. First I swap out Borker with a pokemon I'll never use, Saanp, so I can infect it and stuff it in the PC to have a supply of Pokerus for future Pokemon as well.

Then I go out and battle like crazy to infect my whole team.

Weed gets infected almost immediately, which is great for the strongest member of my team.

Takes like 5 battles, but Birb and Saanp get infected at the same time!
At this point I swap Saanp back for Borker.

The next infect is useless, but appreciated all the same.

6 battles later. Borker is surprisingly resilient to infection, must have had a shot in his youth.

Or maybe not.

Beautiful. *wipes tears of joy*
ANYWAYS lets go progress the plot now.

Heres the cave I mentioned earlier.

Taadaa.

MINE

I get sidetracked almost instantly, but worth it. This cave actually has a bunch of really good encounters, like Ditto, Timburr, Charmander and

MINE

I fucking LOVE Larvitar. This is two of my favorite evolutionary families within like 20 minutes of each other. Im practically crying at this point. Maybe literally crying, because I *was* pretty high.

Anyways the cave looks like this, theres an exit JUST out of frame cuz I suck at screenshots.

We emerge on the other side to find ourselves near the Geminite River. Thrilling, Im sure.

Oh for fucks sake no

And with that he runs off.
At this point I chuckled to myself and said "I bet my trainer card still shows the badges."

But nah. Tbh this is a detail I never would have expected them to include. You cant use any HMs either.
Anyways, we progress through some more grass and-

MINE

Heh. Sorry about getting side tracked there. Anyways, like I said, we progr-

MINE

Nickname is just gun in my language.
Okay this time we progress for real.

We find this delightful trainer, who has 3 tangela's if I remember correctly that will waste their time setting up Sunny Day and Growth. Good for EXP farming.

Rematches available too. Nice.

Judging by the name, it probably always is rainy.

Dear jesus

Dont you have a job to do, man?

So thats what the cutscene from earlier meant.

Oh yeah, a Pikachu stole them. Hey, could you help me look for them?

You contribute nothing to society, fool.

I hope a Bidoof gives you rabies.

Anyways, we enter Stormy City. Its a really nice town, tbh.

What Fridge?

Made me chuckle tbh.

She will teach it to multiple pokemon if you desire. I teach Borker Scald, replacing Water Pulse.

Two semi-useless TMs.

My lead was Breloom, no wonder why he said 350 instead of Breloom. Might be the happiness level? It was weird but atleast we got the Soothe Bell.

Grass. Lovely.

This ship takes us to a Battle Tower-esque thing. We will return there in later updates because it has some great prizes, including

The Trade Stone, which will evolve Odin.

MINE

Babey
Chipkali is Lizard in my language.

Oh, gods, no

OH, GODS, NO

Can we block him instead
Anyways lets just cut to the chase and fuck up the Gym

Replaces Flame Wheel

Lets do this.
Lief is actually probably the toughest gym so far, but thats cuz we havent grinded properly for him. A good challenge, though.

Three Fire Punches take it down, although Ullull takes a Glare and a Leech Seed.

I swap out for Whimsicott. Whimsicott has Prankster, and will utilise Subseed, so never give it a free turn. Two Wing Attacks floor it, but Birb takes a Leech Seed.
Lief switches in Venusaur. I switch in Ullull to get rid of the Leech Seed. Venu outspeeds and OHKOs with Sludge. Damn.

Birb comes in and sets up two Double Teams. Then he roosts up as Sludge misses, before two Wing Attacks take Venu down.

Leafeon uses Razor Leaf as we roost, then we kill it with two Wing Attacks.

And we'll leave this off here for now. See you next time, where we hopefully get our Badges back!

Attachments

k im bacc

I had to rewrite this update twice cuz it kept getting deleted so Im sorry its a few days late

Disappointed but not surprised
]

Last time we left off, we had just defeated Lief. Before we even get out of the gym, Blake calls us.

For gods sake, man, have some self respect

Im literally 10
Anyways fuck what the old man says, Im gonna do some serious grinding to get my team upto shape. Montage time!

We start out with some TMs and I teach Sharknado Cut because A) Bug coverage is decent and move deleters are everywhere and B) Im trying to not waste a teamslot with an HM Slave where applicable

That about brings the team upto scratch

This is a good mix of levels for the time being. Eveything is hovering around the level 31 mark, with 2 over and 3 under and 1 just in the middle.
And with this, lets finally go to Mt Stratus and help Blake.

Look for him?

Zigzagoon cant learn Strength and despite my earlier resolution to teach HMs to normal pokemon whenever possible, I really dont like Strength. So Meindukk comes back for a bit.

We can use Strength because we got the badge from Lief AFTER Pikachu stole our old ones.

Very irrelevant but the water is such a nice shade of blue

Poor Zoroark

Hmm

You have. A Darkrai. He has. A Fucking Zoroark. How is any of this even a challenge to you?

Stoic badass is stoic.

This is highly contrived at best

There you are you little fucker

The bosses son doesnt get his own sprite? Poor guy.

Henri has a Huntail and a Gorebyss that both get blitzed by Gigabiter

Bring it on you little shit

I forgot to take a SS of the actual fight but it was easy cuz his "Stronger Attacks" are just Meteor Mash. I didnt have Borker with me, but if I did it would be embarassingly easy to overpower him.

Pikachu channels his inner demons for a second then runs off.

Ngl, this is actually a nice addition

Finally, the power to use hedge clippers on small bushes is mine again

I like you, Henri. You got a stupid name but a not-so-stupid heart.

And so the hiker gets out as well.

Funny enough I forgot Mew was on the cover

It took you this long????

It seems you could have done that at any time you damn well wanted

Yeah, cuz one of the people in this room is actually useful

HOW CAN YOU BE SUSPICIOUS OF ANYONE YOU HAVE THE EMBODIMENT OF NIGHTMARES AS YOUR ACE

Oh great

Luke, I am your father.

Bitch if you taught me anything about how to control this power I might feel bad but you didnt

Im gonna say what I always do when someone swears somewhere I dont expect it: Dont say the fuck word

"You're tripping on shrooms, bro"

Have they tho? What in the fuck could be stranger than falling through parallel realities?

Blakes brain cell actually formulates a valid thought for once

Why doesnt anyone's evil plan ever involve a Pokemon thats easier to find? I could fuck shit up with like a Victreebell if I was creative, going after a Pokemon that might not even be real seems like a lot more effort than its worth

I dont suppose I have a choice

The thought of Luke having to deal with Blake actually gave me a chuckle

I dont think you imagine much, big guy

And with that we return

Why would I feel bad about giving you superpowers

I WONDER WHY

I hope a Delibird mistakes you for a worm

Come on Irene

With my badges restored I exit the cave. That guy is snowboarding, before you ask.

You can wipe the snow off the grass tiles, but it greatly annoys me that you cant reach this one.

There are 3 snowboarders on this route. They are all harder than they have any right to be, and especially hard considering a lot of my team is weak to Ice. They will battle you everytime you walk past them, over and over, which means once you enter the other side of the route you cant backtrack without needing to devote some time to beating these punks up. It is infuriating.

In good news, tho, Infernape evolves. Doesnt learn Close Combat tho :(

We make it to the next town.

Teaches to multiple Pokemon if you want.

WOOP
Rotom is weird in this game, all of its forme changes are considered evolutions, you have to use the elemental stones to evolve it into a forme change, and after that it cant be changed into another. I want Rotom-W, but Im not about to face the snowboarders just to go back and get a Water Stone, so fuck it, itll sit in the PC for now.

btw, weird thing about Rotom, when you recieve it, you cant nickname it cuz it will instead nickname the first Pokemon in your party. This will override the Pokemons existing nickname, which is annoying.

Luckily the name rater is in the same town

Bless

Woop

I keep Omanyte and dump the rest in the PC.
Now near the top of the hill theres a patch of grass which will only spawn Delibird. These Delibird only know Present. I use them for grinding.

Woop

You in that dress My thoughts I confess Verge on dirtyyy Come on Irene

Since I need more firepower (pun) I decide to swap out Sharknado for Bihari and beef (pun) him up

One productive grinding session later...

Now I have a team that can hopefully withstand the gym

Aaaand fucking Percy is there

What a polite man

Cant say I didnt see this coming

Gardevoirs a bitch but everything else goes pretty well

And Percy gives us Surf! Yay!

Becuz duh

Now time for Irene

Come on Irene I swear what he means Ah come on lets take off everything

Anyways lets crush this

The gym was easier than expected, Gigabiter crushes Cloyster and Dewgong, Weed annihilates Weavile with Mach Punch, and Froslass is taken down by Bihari.

Woop

Because duh

And we'll leave it off there for now!

Attachments

Last edited:
This one is a bit longer than usual cuz I did a lot more in it than I should have but I dont feel like splitting it up into two parts

Last time we left off, we had just defeated Eileen Irene and taught Omanyte Ice Beam. This time we will progress further.
Theres a small clearing to the side of the town, where we can progress. So we do that.

There are a bunch of trainers there, which pushes Gigabiter upto Level 36! They grow up so fast...

The clearing leads us to this lake with a very visible cave mouth on the other side. Surf time.

Inside the cave we find this Hiker who tells us we can find Kyurem in the cave. But after going crazy and scouring the entire place, I cant figure out how to trigger this event. Might just be post-game, I guess. Anyways we exit the cave.

Wow. This natural scenery is really nice. Its put me into a good move. I cant really think of anything that could kill my mood right now.

Yeah, thatll do it.

Police exist in this universe. I've seen them. Why is it the job of the Pokemon League to apprehend criminals? That would be like if Fall Out Boy took down the KKK. Which, I mean, would be awesome, Id pay to see that, but its just nonsensical.

Dramatic celebrity is dramatic

Or you could fly me there with you?

Chelle? I havent seen her since before Florida

I wouldnt mind you taking time off from the league if you were at any point actually competent.

Contains Knock Off! Which is an 80BP Physical Dark Move here! Its a nice one.

Contains Shadow Ball!

Oh no Im in the land of hipsters

This is slightly less ridiculous than the 1000000 PokeYen Bike but not by much.

How is that little girl in the corner able to pay for a room here??

Anyways we suck it up and go to the Safari Zone. I didnt take the SS, but the only way to the next town is a Cycling Road, and we dont have a Bike yet.
I forgot to take a screenshot but theres a dude outside the Safari Zone who tells us he'll give us a special prize if we capture 20 Pokemon in there.

Bring it on.

Now time for a quick montage

Part 1

Part 2

ooookay then

This is all in 1 game, btw. I abuse the Quicksave function a fair bit.

If youre keeping score, thats 17. I cant find anymore new Pokemon so I capture a couple duplicates to bump it upto 20.
After that I go ahead and find Chelle.

Thats nice

Bring it onnn

Forgot to grab a screenie of the last poke, but yeah it goes well

Finalleh

I like her despite her arrogance, good rival
Now we exit and find the dude from before

Yeeeeee

That was not worth the half hour I wasted.

With the bike we go through the cycling road and get to the next town.

Now we find Flo's son in the town almost immediately, and we battle him.

Delphox is problematic cuz it means a hard switch to Lord Helix, but the rest is chill

I like you. I like almost every character except Blake I guess.

Anyways the city is called Southerly City

Fire leader

This is a good challenge btw. Five trainers in a row, get a Nugget as a reward. Pretty decent.

We take it.

This happens in the interim.

Nice grinding place overall.

More places of grass I cant reach on my way to Espo forest.

This is the first area with mediocre pokemon choice in a long time. The only thing worth catching is probably Beldum.

OH NO

Is this where you pull a Shyamalan and reveal you have been Mew all along?

OH NO

Nah you'll probably still dick around.

OH NO

Whats the alternative for stranger danger except if you know the person?

Dont you mean small?

I feel like thats a lie but okay.

Yeah?

Oh you've got to be fucking with me
We teleport back

Oh lordy

Im stuck on this island with no healing items or any way to get back. This is not ideal.

Oh wait make that two characters I dislike

How many times do I have to teach you the same lesson????

Really easy battle.

I DONT EVEN KNOW YOU

I mean, Blake charging in like an idiot probably alerted them to that anyways.

(expected it to be true)

Wack
I battle a few grunts and Garchomp gets burned, and I get really worried.

I LOVE YOU RANDOM MAN

Woop

Lets get this over with

Power couple goals

That sounds fake but okay

(is finished)

PLEASE KILL HIM FIRST

MichealKins gives me tumblr flashbacks. I dont need this.

Bring it on fuckface

Easy battle for the most part. The damage on Lord Helix is from a previous Grunt.

Finally, a villain who doesnt monologue their evil pl-

I stand corrected
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_180.png

FINALLY I DONT HAVE TO FACE THOSE SNOWBOARDERS IF I WANNA BACKTRACK

Plot plot plot
Anyways Blake takes us back to Southerly City

kthxbai

I try a couple rounds against Blake, but his Pokemon outspeed everything on my team and KO. I try using Politoed with Drizzle in conjunction with Omanyte's Swift Swim, but theyre STILL faster. So I decide to just evolve Omanyte first.

Which takes a fair amount of grinding but it works out

Drizly's main purpose is to set up rain then die. It has Hypnosis so it MIGHT pull off something useful, but really I just need its ability.

Once Omanyte has Swift Swim activated, a rain boosted Surf OHKOs everything.

FINALLY WE CAN FLY
I go a little crazy now

This is back to Seaspray! The move relearner is here, and since a lot of our pokemon are fully evolve now, that means a bunch of new Level 1 moves!

Ullull gets ThunderPunch and Shadow Claw. I teach it ThunderPunch over Fury Swipes.

Learnt over Take Down.
I test out the other pokes, but nothing has anything worth giving up a moveslot for. Lord Helix gets Spikes, Breloom gets Counter, but thats about it. I dont learn anything else.

Wooop

Wooop
And we'll leave it off for there. More coming soon!

Attachments

Ok I know I neglected this again but Im 2 shots down and gonna play this again tonight si some update over the weekend seems reasonably probable

Alright, hello guys! I decided since these updates are getting p infrequent, to do as much as possible in one update to make up for it, so this ones gonna be p long.

Rather a transparent hint.
Hello Everyone! Last time we left off shortly after the 6th gym badge. Today we're gonna progress further and do some more plot stuff.

To progress, we go through the Espo Clearing. Theres this weird wooden shrine in the middle of it.

You can keep doing this. At the beginning I was really confused about what this was for, so I chalked it up to a bug and continued, but later in this update we shall return and discover the secret.

However, the path up ahead is blocked by these Fusion goons.
At first I was like "No way is it that simple"
But

Wow you can just fly somewhere youve never been before in this game thats a first

Me too bitch he aint special

Pretty massive info dump here. But definitely, Spacial Ruins will be mine.

And with that Henri leaves.

Hi motherfuckers

Anyways we enter the weird building that Henri was infront of, which turns out to be the Palmtree Resort. Theres not much to do there, and team Fusion is blocking off access to most of the island, so I guess the only thing to do is Surf to the Spacial Ruins.

I assume this is the Magikarp salesman. I didnt have space in my part to find out for sure, but maybe in a later update.

Something tells me we're on the right track

Okay irrelevant but I hate double battles in the ocean.

Eventually we get to this place, which is pretty obviously the Spatial Ruins.

We battle our way through some grunts and find a familiar annoying voice.

Hmm

1 dig OHKOs, although Shark takes a Meteor Mash.

Thats what I thought

FINALLY
Also, aside, Spacial Ruins is a REALLY cool place, because it actually loops. Like the physical cave is just one big loop, keep going left and youll end up to the right of where you started, go up and youll arrive below, its just really really really cool design and I love it.

O no

O no I failed history

This is a really funny series of screenshots to me and i cant explain why

Plot twist????

Obviously we are gonna go there, though.

Yooseless motherfucker
Anyways we head to Palmtree Resort

Patronising little shit
We do decide to get the badge though

Swap out Swellow for Weed now that we dont need to Fly

I FUCKING HATE WHEN PUZZLES REQUIRE YOU TO BACKTRACK

Eventually we make it to the leader.

BRING IT ON

Really easy battle. Shuckle was a bitch cuz it set up Sandstorm and kept spamming Hyper Potions, but everything else was fine.

Standard Rock Gym stuff.

Oh gods I fucking HATE Dive

Sounds good.

Who builds a lab on a mountain

Oh wow thats actually useful as hell woop

Replaces Slash.
Okay now lets go! Mt Stratus!

Within 3 steps of each other.

That should do the trick.

Well this is perfectly sinister.

Oh nevermind just me then I suppose

It takes me a couple tries to get this puzzle done cuz I was tipsy as hell while doing it and I was so legitimately proud of myself when I found it out that I took these screenshots, and now looking at these its so fucking funny cuz this is most decidedly not hard

Fuck u dude

By the way you can take a detour and end up here, in what is apparently a Super Mario Bros 3 level. Im sure thisll be important later, so we'll come back.

This is genuinely great he hasnt had solid Fighting STAB till now

Were you two just waiting for me

We've gotten pretty battered by now, so this is nice.

Ooof
Now to progress through the doors you have to input passwords.

Look familiar? Its the same screen used for the nicknaming of the shrine earlier, which is why it clicked that I needed a particular phrase for it.

Litttt

LITTTT

There was one more gate, with the password GRISEOUS but I forgot to screenshot it.

Oh no

Probably not, youre crazy motherfuckers

BRING IT ON

Michealkins is an objectively funny nickname. Anyways, easy battle.

Indeed

Damn we been funding Team Fusion this whole time? Capitalism was the real enemy all along :O

[any Pokemon can learn.]

Ngl, this is a genuinely good plot twist. I love the concept of this Evil Team having such a concrete goal in mind, rather than "Catch x and rule the world". Its a nice plot point.

Fufufu your nickname is Michealkins shut the fuck up nerd

Oh no

As mentioned before, without a fairy, this battle is extremely hard. Weed and the two fire/fighting types cant do shit to Giritina, so my strat is basically using those 3 to get rid of Dialga and Palkia, then Paralysing Giritina and spamming Dragon and Ice attacks from Shark and Omastar. It takes a looooong time, but in the end we manage to prevail.

Somehow, beating him doesnt stop him.

Another hilarious series of screenshots.

Take a wild guess, Michealkins.

O no

O no

O NO
Anyways now we have to battle it to calm it down

This is actually pretty easy since Gigabiter can just Signal Beam. No, you cant catch this Mew.

[research in another way]
Fuck you, Michealkins, I could have died.

Fuck you, Blake. I could have died. Or worse, gotten a nickname like Michealkins.

I CANT BE LOST FOREVER WITH BLAKE THATS QUITE POSSIBLY THE WORST POSSIBLE THING I CAN IMAGINE

But?
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_180.png

[impossible] (Yes I missed a lot of screenies this time around)

Wow this genuinely made me feel sad. Great stuff, especially since I hated Luke in the beginning.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_186.png

Finally we get Dive. I say this as unenthusiastically as possible, incase my tone doesnt convey well over text.

Please leave

This is a far more touching farewell than Blake, and we've only known Henri for like, two badges.

Im like 90% sure I was drunk crying by this stage (I did a few shots during the trio battle so I didnt quit)

Thank fuck we dont have to go all the way back.

And that should have been where we ended it! But I did a few more things after this.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_198.png

Firstly, this. I tried all variations of Mew related things to no success, so I googled the thing and found out this completely meaningless phrase is the key. Dumb. Dumb. Dumb.

This is a great puzzle. Shaymin will appear in the overworld, mirroring your movements.

You can see Shaymin mid-move here.
Eventually we corner it.

No idea what this is referring to but oh well

2 ultra balls

Aria is my standard nickname for Shaymin.
Now I forgot to screen it first time round, but there was a guy in Mt Stratus who told us to find him after defeating Team Fusion.

WHAT THE FUCK
I dont have space in my party so I haul ass back to palmtree
In the meantime, I decide to also pick up the fisherman poke from earlier

Meh

OH MY GOD THIS IS THE GREATEST GIFT EVER
Anyways Im gonna leave it off here. Thank you all for reading it and I apologize for the delay inbetween updates!

Attachments

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Great writing as always! This looks like a game with a pretty solid story too, it's refreshing to see them try something other than the "world domination through legendary Pokémon" plot. And the visual style is very good as well. I might actually give it a try myself one day.

Looking forward to seeing the next part, but take your time if you need to!

Okay so Ive had a lot more free time since Im p much done with exams by now. I played the hell out of this yesterday and finished Victory Road and reached the Elite Four. Should I split E4 into their own update or merge it with the Victory Road update?
If noone replies Ill merge it but otherwise Ill do whatever the first reply thinks
Update should go up in either case around Friday or Saturday

Alright! Ive finally finished the main game of Pokemon Blazed Glazed! This update has everything uptill the Champion, but theres a lot of post game for BG, so more updates to follow!
This is a REALLY big update btw, the 8th gym, all of victory road and the E4 and Champion all in one, its the largest update till now, so a nice treat for those who enjoy this run.

Here we go...
Hello everyone! Last time we left off, we had just gotten a Genesect :O
Genesect is probably my favorite Legendary, and I couldnt NOT use it. Especially since it has a very useful property.

It can learn Fly! That means I dont have to dump the near-useless Swellow into my team everytime I want to fast travel. Unfortunately, this renders Galavantula, another one of my favorite pokemon, useless, so thats sad D:
I also teach it Thunderbolt and Ice Beam to give it BoltBeam coverage, which becomes VERY useful later in the game.
Now, I need a diver. Theres no way Im gonna waste one of Lord Helix's moveslots on Dive, especially since it has a REALLY optimised moveset (Surf / Earth Power / Ice Beam / Ancient Power is soooo good) so I bring back Bandookh the Squirtle.

I didnt get rid of Gigabiter just yet, as Bihari has been obsolete a while now, and Gigabiter still has a useful Thunder Wave. I also swap Ullull for Weed, as a water route means a grass is more useful than a fire, but dont worry, we havent seen the last of our starter just yet.

With that, lets get diving.
This is actually one of the better games as far as Diving is concerned, much better than what Emerald and Gaia put me through (On that note, Im gonna do a playthrough of Gaia after this game finishes).

This is after maybe 10 mins of exploring. Good stuff.

This woman asks us if we prefer Physical Moves over Special Moves, then gives us the Choice Band or Choice Specs depending on what we answer. I was tempted to get the Specs for Omastar, but ultimately Band would serve me better.

Doot Doot

This is me ranting about Brendon Urie to my bestie

THIS PLACE. IS INSANE. Ill get to why in a bit.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_253.png

Percy blocks our way into the gym, fucker that he is.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_254.png

Lets try out our shiny new toy

BRING IT ON
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_262.png

Easy battle. I derped in the last one and thought Seadra was a dragon type, but it didnt matter much since it just used Smokescreen.

We finally get the last HM we need, Waterfall.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_273.png

And with that percy marches off, never to be seen again (or atleast for the remainder of this update)

Useless but nice
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_277.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_278.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_280.png

ANYWAYS. DOJO. This place is AMAZING. Its a dedicated EV training thing, where you face the same trainer using the same Eeveelution 10 times in a row to EV up a certain stat. There is NO downside to using them, your team is healed up after every battle, they give the best EXP at this point in the game (even after Victory Road, nothing gave as much EXP as this), and their "downside", the cost, doesnt even matter since you still get money after each battle (640 pokedollars, which over 10 battles means you make a PROFIT of 5400 pokedollars). Its just amazing, I love it.
In that room by the side, btw, is Cameron. Cameron is an optional battle, but you get a reward for beating him. He has a pretty good team, but I forgot to screen it except for this:
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_281.png

HOW IS A SHINY BRELOOM FAIR I HAVENT SEEN A SINGLE SHINY THIS ENTIRE PLAYTHROUGH
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_282.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_283.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_286.png

I was expecting an item, but HOLY SHIT. As we'll find out, this game LOVES to throw gift pokemon at you before the E4, so much so that you could p much fill a team with them. Unfortunately, the Blaziken doesnt have Speed Boost, so Ullull still outclasses it by a fair bit.

Fighting type it is then. I swap out Bandookh for Ullull.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_294.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_295.png

Thats not how it works, bud.

I wish I could beat you twice
I try out the Choice Band on Ullull, Sharknado and Weed on the gym trainers. Out of the 3, I only really like it on Weed, as Sharknado and Ullull like being able to switch attacks. So from this point onwards, Weed proudly weilds the Band.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_298.png

Anyways we finally make it to the last gym leader of Tunod.

This is actually a really hard battle, because Conk smashes everything. It takes me 2 tries to get it over with, cuz Conk swept my team the first time round, and the second I paralysed it, which made it much easier to deal with. In retrospect I should have grinded a bit before this gym but its fine in the end.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_309.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_310.png

This made me smile. Pokemon is such a great series, you guys.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_312.png

:D
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_318.png

And youve lost your coolness factor. Could have given me sth like Drain Punch or High Jump Kick, damn. Even Bulk Up would be appreciated.

I love u Tyson

Bye Bye Gigabiter :(
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_323.png

Our first steps towards the endgame

We find the Old Amber on Victory Road!
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_369.png

Up ahead, this guy offers a Seadra for a Fraxure. I was pretty sure the Seadra was holding a Dragon Scale to evolve into Kingdra, but with no Fraxure to trade I simply went "oh well" and continued.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_328.png

Pokemon Blazed Glazed_329.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_330.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_331.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_332.png

BRING IT THE FUCK ON
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_333.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_334.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_335.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_336.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_337.png

Easy battle, as always.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_338.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_339.png

Shutthefuck
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_340.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_341.png

O no
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_342.png

Huh?
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_343.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_344.png

Creator cameos in hacks are usually jarring, but this ones actually p nice.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_346.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_347.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_348.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_349.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_350.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_351.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_352.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_353.png

It wasnt a hard battle, but his mons are actually p good. Metagross took a Fire Punch to the face and KOed with Psychic.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_355.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_356.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_359.png

!!! This is really good, because Quilava and Typhlosion in this game are Fire / Ground.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_361.png

I might have actually used this on my final team (not sure what Id replace), but the level is too low and Im not about to train a new pokemon right before the E4
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_362.png

Oh honey
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_363.png

Optimism!
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_365.png

Pokemon Blazed Glazed_366.png

Huh... I wonder...
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_368.png

:DDDD
I catch it!
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_369.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_370.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_371.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_372.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_373.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_376.png

As I predicted! Bruce replaces Bandookh, since I teach it Waterfall and I dont need Dive in this last stretch afaik.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_375.png

It also has an Adamant Nature and Swift Swim! Really good pick. I give it the EXP Share since its a bit underlevelled rn.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_367.png

Pokemon Blazed Glazed_377.png

Pokemon Blazed Glazed_378.png

New area!
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_379.png

Not particularly my dude, sorry.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_381.png

We emerge back onto Victory Road.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_382.png

We're getting closer!
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_383.png

Pokemon Blazed Glazed_384.png

And we come across the vast ocean. At this point I run back and heal cuz idk when the next time we see land will be.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_386.png

Embarassingly, its embarassingly close.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_387.png

AND theres a pokemon centre on the other side. fml.
Also FUCKING MICHEALKINS DONT BLOCK MY PATH YOU
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_388.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_389.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_390.png

>:( Not forgiven
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_391.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_392.png

Wot
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_393.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_394.png

Youve got to be fucking kidding me dude
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_395.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_396.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_397.png

YOU DICK
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_398.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_399.png

LET ME FUCKING PASS YOU SHITHEEL
This is really infuriating for me because since there isnt a seperate checkpoint for this Pokecenter, I cant fly here, so I have to make the trek back here all the way from FUCKING DARKWOOD CITY god I hate this moment so much just seeing the screenshot fills me with rage
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_400.png

ngl, this surprised me enough to make me not angry for like 3 secs
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_401.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_402.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_403.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_404.png

I dont even know why youre chasing me tbh. I just accepted it.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_405.png

Fuck you. BRING IT ON.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_406.png

Gods thats always satisfying
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_407.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_408.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_409.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_410.png

This is a great gift pokemon. Scarf Pikachu has great stats, with 100 Atk and Sp.Atk and 110 Speed. It can learn ANY Tm and HM, and comes with Icicle Crash, Meteor Mash, Extreme Speed and Wild Charge. If it got the boost from Light Ball itd actually be the best pokemon in the game. Unfortunately, it doesnt, and its not. It comes at Level 50, so its ready for battle, and it is genuinely a great pick. I didnt cuz I was happy with my team at this stage, but its a VERY good pokemon.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_416.png

In the meantime, before making the trek again, I go ahead and use the move relearner to teach Bruce Dragon Dance, and then use the Return TM and Seed Bomb tutor to round out its moveset.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_422.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_423.png

Fuck you, blocker. I hope u choke for making me go through that trek again.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_424.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_425.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_426.png

Okay this actually made me feel bad. Fuck you, why is this game so good at making me care about Characters not named Blake.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_427.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_428.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_429.png

Sigh. I guess I forgive you dude.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_430.png

Anyways the path is now clear! We can progress!
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_432.png

:DDD
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_433.png

FUCK THESE 2 TILES IN PARTICULAR CUZ IT LOOKS LIKE YOU CAN SURF THROUGH THEM AND TAKE A SHORTCUT BUT YOU CANT
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_434.png

We get the Drain Punch TM! Unfortunately with Bihari gone its useless for now, Weed already knows Drain Punch and Ullull prefers Jump Kick.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_435.png

FUCK YOU
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_436.png

WE FINALLY GET THE EARTHQUAKE TM! WHICH MEANS OUR BOI SHARKNADO ACTUALLY HAS GROUND STAB THAT NOT DIG!!!
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_437.png

!
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_438.png

???
Okay lemme explain
Sharknado evolves at Level 48, but Gabite learns Outrage at level 49. I figured it was worth it to delay that extra level for the amazing Dragon STAB.
At this point Bruce is at Level 49, and I take away the EXP Share so it doesnt overlevel.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_441.png

After a long, hard trek through Victory Road, we finally see the end in sight.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_442.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_444.png

Pokemon Blazed Glazed_445.png

WOOP WE MADE IT GUYS
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_446.png

Pokemon Blazed Glazed_447.png

And we did it
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_448.png

WOOT
I heal up at the Pokemon Centre. No more need for HMs since I can fast travel all over the region now.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_449.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_450.png

This is actually a nice change, I like it, makes the whole thing more unexpected.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_451.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_452.png

Will do, my friend, Will do.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_453.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_454.png

Useful.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_455.png

Here, Flos son makes a reapperance. Forgot to screen the battle, but its really easy.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_457.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_458.png

WOOT WOOT
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_459.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_460.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_461.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_462.png

I love this game sm
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_463.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_464.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_465.png

Doot Doot
I didnt teach EQ beforehand cuz I was using Dig to fast travel to the pokecenter outside victory road
Now, I go back to Darkwood and use the Dojo to EV Train and level up. I want everything to be around Level 55 for the E4.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_468.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_469.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_470.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_471.png

Doot Doot

Team before the E4. Weed is holding Choice Band, Bruce is holding Soothe Bell, Ullull is holding Charcoal, Sharknado is holding Lum Berry (I have 4 more in my bag as reserves).

Now, lets get into the individual mons and their moves!
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_475.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_476.png

I chose Spore over Cut because I felt the guaranteed Sleep would come in handy more often.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_477.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_478.png

Took this SS before I gave it the Soothe Bell.
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_479.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_480.png

I maybe should have EVed it in Speed more but its fine
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_487.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_482.png

Its so nice to see how far my starter has come :'D
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_483.png
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_484.png

Praise be to the lord
Pokemon Blazed Glazed_486.png

If youre wondering about Rock Climb, its a 90 BP Rock Move with a chance to paralyse.

Im really lax with rules throughout this playthrough, but I always have certain rules for the E4. They are:

1) Only held items allowed.
2) No healing in between battles.
3) Cant revive a fainted Poke.
4) Battle Style = Set

Now, I have a treat! I recorded my E4 runs! Ill also transcribe what happens if you dont wanna watch the videos, but its a nice bonus for those who do, I think.
Note: I have the game on mute cuz I play with Marianas Trench blaring in the background, so theres no sound in the videos. Im sorry if thats weird.

The first E4 member, Rosaline, prefers Pink Pokemon. She leads with a Lickylicki as I lead with Breloom. Breloom OHKOs with Drain Punch. Milotic comes in. I switch to VIRUS as she misses a Hypnosis. VIRUS 2HKOs with Thunderbolt and I take a Surf in return. She sends out Slowking, who gets OHKOed by Bug Buzz. Next comes Sylveon, who falls to Thunderbolt + Fly, while I take a Shadow Ball in return. Finally, theres Blissey, who fires off a Calm Mind as I switch to Weed. Weed then prompty OHKOs with a Drain Punch. Great stuff.

The next E4 member, Magnus, favors purple. Upon seeing the Drapion next to him, I guess he favors poison types, and switch Garchomp to the lead. He leads with Arbok. Arbok glares as I Swords Dance, but the Lum Berry takes care of it immediately. Thank fuck too. After the SD, Arbok dies to an Earthquake. He sends in Goodra, who falls to an Outrage. Locked into the Outrage, I also OHKO his next switch in, Gliscor. I get confused as Mienshao comes in. 1st turn I hit myself in confusion while trying to Earthquake, but Mienshao misses a High Jump Kick. The next Earthquake takes it out. Finally the ace, Drapion, comes in. I hit myself in confusion again as he gets off a Crunch. Next turn I snap out of confusion and OHKO with Earthquake. A bit more hax than Id like, but its alright.

The third E4 member is probably the hardest. This is the orange loving Tanya, and upon seeing the Dragonite next to her, I swap VIRUS to the lead despite him having relatively low health. This proves to be wise. Her lead is Floatzel, who Bulks Up and falls to a Thunderbolt. Dragonite comes in next, surprisingly, and falls to an Ice Beam. Then comes in an Infernape. I switch to Bruce as he Flamethrowers, then Dragon Dance up as he uses Jump Kick. With half my HP remaining, Im expecting a sweep. I OHKO Infernape with Waterfall. But then Rotom-Mow comes in D: . Return wont OHKO as Im not on max happiness, so I switch out to Sharknado. My logic is that since Leaf Storm and Thunderbolt are both equally effective, itll use Thunderbolt so it doesnt get the drop, and then I can Outrage it. Unfortunately, he goes for the Leaf Storm and poor chomp dies. Atleast he gave a magnificent performance, sweeping a whole team, before he dies. Oh well. I consider Ullull, but ultimately go to Virus, who Im certain can OHKO. Im right, as Bug Buzz OHKOs. His final mon is the decidedly not orange Alakazam, who falls to Bug Buzz after firing off a Grass Knot. Probably the hardest battle in this run, apart from the spacetime trio.

Last member of the Elite Four! Gray, as you can probably tell from his name, uses Gray pokemon. I swap Ullull to the lead upon seeing his Skarmory. He leads with Zorark, and I get off 2 Sword Dances as he Grass Knots twice for miniscule damage. Mach Punch then OHKOs. Next comes Skarmory, who falls to a +3 Charcoal boosted Iron Fist Fire Punch. Next comes Machamp. Due to Iron Fist and Charcoal, Fire Punch actually outdamages Jump Kick on nuetral targets, and so I use that, OHKOing Machamp. Next, his Aggron is a pain. It has Sturdy, which could have ended my sweep if he used Earthquake first turn. Thankfully, uses Focus Punch instead, which fails as I Mach Punch. Gray burns a few turns using Full Restores, but inevitably, Aggron falls. His last, Magnezone, falls to a Fire Punch. And then there is only the Champion left.

We finally get a much wanted show off against our tormentor, Blake. :DDD
I lead with Ullull as Blake leads with Weavile. Mach Punch OHKOs, predictably. Then comes Honchkrow. I switch to Lord Helix, who takes a Brave Bird. Next turn, Honch outspeeds and Brave Birds, but a Power Gem OHKOs. Next, Mawile appears. Earth Power 2HKOs as it misses a Play Rough. Umbreon comes in next, and I switch to Weed. It Curses at this point, and I panic. I use Spore, which burns up a Lum Berry. I Spore it again, and it stays Spored this time. I switch to Virus, and Bug Buzz 2HKOs as it sleeps peacefully. Houndoom comes in and murders poor Virus. In return Weed comes in and OHKOs with Mach Punch. Next Darkrai comes in, and juuust survives the Mach Punch with a sliver of HP, and OHKOs with Sludge Bomb. Ullull enters, and I Mach Punch into a full restore, rather stupidly. Luckily, Darkrai misses the Lovely Kiss, and Jump Kick KOs, crowning me the new champion.

WOOHOO

Okay a little plot happens now. Blake informs us that since we wish to travel, we cannot claim the post of champion, so the next person to defeat the E4 takes our place. And then Percy comes bursting through the door.

This is a really enjoyable plot point.
Blake crowns Percy champion, then takes us to the back to record us in the Hall of Fame!
Theres no Hall of Fame in this game? awh man...
Fine, Ill make my own.

My starter, and the one pokemon that has been constant on this crazy team. I love Ullull so much, and Im so happy it got a sweep in VS the E4.

The latest addition to the team, but will definitely be a force to be reckoned with in the postgame, as it gets happier and its Returns get more powerful.

What a good boi. Just proves that chomp is solid in every game it appears in.

Literally the best part of this final stretch of the game, I love him :D

If I had the spare teamslot for Drizly, this would have been devastating. Could have Soloed Tanya.

Probably the overall MPV of the entire game, its just been hitting hard and killing stuff with Technician and that crazy attack stat for so long.

And there you have it! The maingame of Glazed is over! Thank you all so much for joining me on this journey, and we'll continue soon with a trip to Johto :D As always, let me know what you think, I love hearing feedback for this run!
See you all soon!

Attachments

This game is just so nice and positive, and I like that. Also, I thought there were post-game activities? Are we skipping those? Or is Johto part of the post-game?

This game is just so nice and positive, and I like that. Also, I thought there were post-game activities? Are we skipping those? Or is Johto part of the post-game?
This game has 3 regions and it's pretty big., That's why they allow levels over 100. I myself only finish 2 regions.
It's interesting to see other attempts since I used Nasty Plot Togekiss to cheese the Elite Four.

Last edited:
Hey everyone, I feel p bad about abandoning this game lol but Ive been going through some personal shit this year. Im also an essential worker so the pandemic hasnt really given me any free time (its actually increased my working hours lol) and to make matters worse the laptop with all the screenshots on it went kaput last week so that put a full stop to any hopes of continuing this.
I rly enjoyed doing this though, so Im gonna hopefully start a playthrough of Pokemon Gaia soon. Let me know if youd like that!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)