Are these kinds of battles staged?

DaWoblefet

Demonstrably so
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Depends on the YouTuber. If they saved their replay of the game, and the game was public, then you could look it up and verify if it was a rated battle or a challenged battle. You can also see if the particular player has done any rated battles by typing "/rank user" in Showdown chat.

My personal assumption is at least some of temp6t's videos are staged, probably the ones involving Custom Game (since those are challenge-only). I know not all of them are staged, because occasionally they showcase player misbehavior getting punished by global staff. I have also seen some people intentionally act over-the-top if they think they're playing a YouTuber and can make it into a video (regardless of whether or not they really are actually playing a YouTuber). However, even if they were all scripted, that doesn't mean they can't still be entertaining; it just depends on your personal preference.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)