SPOILERS! Are you making a new team for the Crown Tundra? If so, what will it be?

I myself have not decided on what new Pokemon I will use in Crown Tundra (I haven't really looked at the dex leaks.) Putting the spoiler tag because, well, possible Crown Tundra spoilers.

Personally, I am creating my own new team for the dlc. I keep two pokemon from my mainland Galar teams for the dlc, but the rest is different.

Flamin' Ace-
My starter Cinderace

Majesty-
My Zacian

Glory-
The shiny Nidoqueen I hunted down in Let's go Pikachu for 3 solid weeks before finding her at full odds on victory road. (Currently a Nidorina)

Akhlys-
My (soon to be) Galar Slowking, named after the Greek Goddess of Poison.

Horus-
My falcon-headed Galarian Thunderbirb, named after the Egyptian God of War.

Asgore-
My Calyrex, named after the King if Monsters in Undertale.

My team is (obviously) not complete yet, but I want this to be my final team. I may use other mons as well. The tundra is going to be a saving grace for my monotype runs.

The main issue at the moment is that we don't know what "levels" the DLC assumes

For the other DLC the only real way to get a good experience was to tackle it with a "just beat the story" team of level 60-ish (i actually used my story team which I had benched after finishing it ages ago).

Until we know the level balance, even thinking to build a team is unrealistic.

I probably won't bother.

In Isle of Armor I caught a level 60 Tentacruel and started from there. Despite handicapping myself there were only like 8 battles most of which were against NFE Pokemon. I soloed Mustard just with 3 max Oozes to boost my sp attack, then everything he had died in one hit. Every other trainer was pathetically weak.

Based off that experience I don't know if I'll even bother.

I probably won't bother.

In Isle of Armor I caught a level 60 Tentacruel and started from there. Despite handicapping myself there were only like 8 battles most of which were against NFE Pokemon. I soloed Mustard just with 3 max Oozes to boost my sp attack, then everything he had died in one hit. Every other trainer was pathetically weak.

Based off that experience I don't know if I'll even bother.
heh, the issue of Isle of Armor is that the way GF imagined it done is... pretty utopic.

The "ideal" way to do the DLC is
1) Start the game, play normally until the first gym / wild area unlocks
2) Go on the DLC area, do it all the way until you get Kubfu
3) At this point you're meant to return to the "main story" with Kubfu, until it reached max happiness, which should be halfway in the game and he should be lvl 30-40
4) Return to the isle, tackle the tower, Kubfu gets to evolve
5) Return to the main story again, and finish the main plot and beat Leon, potentially also getting Zacian/Zamazenta
6) Finally return once more to the isle, tackle the post-game oriented quest and the match against Gigamax Urshifu

It's very... unhortodox, and once it gets ""leveled up"" to 60 if you already finished the main plotline, it really falls off as unevolved level 60s are barely even challenging, and the only really challenging aspects assuming a "i just beat the game" team end up being the raid battle and the final match.

Tundra may or may not have a similar approach, but the fact legendaries are involved makes me assume it'll be tuned around going there straight up with level 60+s in "postgame".

there's also the fact that dynamax adventures will use rental mons
Those are likely looking to be post-postgame content (in same way as restricted sparring in isle of armor) so they're relatively irrelevant as far as the plot goes.

The plot is almost guaranteed to be about calyrex, with potentially the regi and the birds included some way.

Those are likely looking to be post-postgame content (in same way as restricted sparring in isle of armor) so they're relatively irrelevant as far as the plot goes.

The plot is almost guaranteed to be about calyrex, with potentially the regi and the birds included some way.
I'm guessing there'll be some breadcrumbs about it until you reach the Calyrex zone in the same way Kubfu was, the plot seems to be more about the legendaries populating the tundra as a whole so the expedition is more about finding about each thing. Probably why there's an episode structure.

Basically 4 mostly unrelated vignettes linked together by Peony's expedition through the Tundra and maybe a few other bits of conenctive tissue.

The way the IOA DLC washandled makes me think that they were all the one game and then ruthlessly chopped out because having a side quest on the Isle while also going through the Badge quest would have been so much better.

Edit: To stay on topic, no I wont be making a new team. I'll just be rushing to get as many of the new legendary pokes as possible so I can get to VGC team building.

I decided to create a team and not run away from any wild battles. Feels more like an RPG that way XD.

I have been using the following team:

Raboot / Aerodactyl / Salamence / Metagross / Cryogonal / G-Slowking.

Salamence has been pretty fun to use since it got Hurricane, which is extremely strong. Cryogonal's high speed, special defense, and Ice Beam makes it pretty useful in most wild battles. Aerodactyl kinda sucks - even with Dual Wingbeat its not strong enough. Metagross is a strong tank & has been my go-to mon for Regis. G-Slowking is like Cryogonal, but trades speed for a better typing, thunder wave, and better coverage.

I've been using a squad of Aurorus/Nidoking/Audino/Trevenant/Dragonite/Blaziken.

Very varying in terms of quality, yeah?

Turns out Audino's versatility and Thunder Wave-and-Heal Pulse-getting makes it literally the best thing for catching things not named Regieleki

I just went with an incredibly compact team with the sole purpose of catching legendaries ASAP:

- A Level 100 Heliolisk to follow me around, and beat whatever stood in the way that wasn't a catchable legendary.
- A Level 50 Klefki with Screens and Thunder Wave.
- A Level 100 Gallade with False Swipe.

There were three Pokémon I only used once due to exceptional circumnstances:

- A Regieleki I got through GTS, for the sole purpose of Thunder Waving Moltres (which Klefki obviously couldn't due to Dark's immunity to Prankster-boosted moves).
- A min-maxed Stakataka to take down Regigigas (it was 2HKOed by Max Knuckle off Body Press).
- An Yveltal to wall Shadow Rider Calyrex while it refused to be caught.

I wound up bringing a posse of legendary pokemon through most of the tundra alongside my main game boltund for paralysis purposes. Legendaries make good warm bodies when trying to catch other legends and it was nice to see some of their animations and such.

Also a Pumpkaboo who had the very important role of "tricking safety goggles onto pokemon in the hail"

This is the GalaxyBrain I should have used instead of trembling watching G-Articuno's HP fall lower and lower while refusing to get in the ball
"ugh the hail keeps coming back even if i change the weather, if only there was a way to make them ignore hail damage"
*flashback to finding the safety goggles earlier in the tundra* "WAIT--"

But you know real talk, shoutout to that pumpkaboo. It was something untrained (level 60) i caught ages ago out of a raid and i only grabbed it because it knew trick without me needing to burn a TR on orbeetle, but Ghost/Grass was like a perfect counter typing to tthe musketeers and through various battles it was able to no sell quite a few attacks. One time it took a psychic from metagross on the chin, which was lovely.

I'm not gonna start Crown Tundra before doing a Monster Hunter team:

- Palico the Shiny Perrserker
- Malfestio the Shiny Noctowl
- Zamtrios the Toxicroak

And that's the only members I found for the moment for, my team, feel free to add suggstions.

I'm not gonna start Crown Tundra before doing a Monster Hunter team:

- Palico the Shiny Perrserker
- Malfestio the Shiny Noctowl
- Zamtrios the Toxicroak

And that's the only members I found for the moment for, my team, feel free to add suggstions.
Zinogre the Manectric seems faily obvious.
Torkoal Zorah Magdaros? Or maybe G-Max Coalossal?
Such a pity we have no electric monkeys :blobpensive:

Zinogre the Manectric seems faily obvious.
Torkoal Zorah Magdaros? Or maybe G-Max Coalossal?
Such a pity we have no electric monkeys :blobpensive:
Ok for Manectric and coalossal, however, I think I'd also take a False-Swipe pokemon, like Garchomp for Cephadrome or Sceptile for Maccao (if I can receive these pokemon thanks to surprise trade)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)