SM NU Arisen my senses

----------------------------

----------------------------
hey

I’ve always opted to build in a riskier or unusual manner, always gravitating to some strange ‘never seen before’ pokemon, and not to boast about how different I am from the rest, I just kinda get a kick out of it. I've been wanting to write a rmt for some time now, and while I do think there is more 'safe' or 'efficient' teams, this team is most definitely a more unique build.

Recently NU has been brimming with standard builds of mons like pivot roar / lix / breaker like eggy or vani / xatu / bro / pass and so on and so forth. Despite all this I genuinely believe offence is wildly underexplored, and while this team from preview may not be as fast paced as some of my other teams, like these or these, it certainly deviates from the typical teams you commonly see today.

anyways, onto the team
Teambuilding Analysis

I originally posted this Slowking set here, and since then it’s continued to surprise and work wonders. One of the most effective and reliable Slowbro answers in the metagame, especially the calm mind / future sight / Psychium Z sets that have become increasingly popular. So, I knew I wanted to go down some sort of offensive route, however, from many, many previous building experiences I always prefer choosing a Stealth Rock pokemon earlier on, usually around slot 2-3, as whenever I attempt to add a rocker later on in the team, nothing really seems to fit well enough.

Steelix was my choice of Stealth Rocker for a few reasons; being a valid Sneasel check, taking on pessimistic bug-types such as Vivillon, Accelgor, Scyther and Vikavolt (although you don’t beat this mon being able to get rocks up vs it and even just being able to switch in and not die lol), and bearing an electric immunity was essential to use this Slowking set effectively, and while it may not check certain variants of Rotom or Heliolisk, having the immunity is, in my opinion, necessary,

I knew that I would need an actual sturdy Heliolisk switch in, and so I decided to go for this amazingly underrated Dhelmise set. Being able to pivot into painfully annoying mons Slowking and Steelix have trouble with like Heliolisk, Passimian, Rhydon, Vaporeon, Seismitoad and more. It's also stupid strong.

Heliolisk provides me with a secondary flying check, ghost resist and actual speed. Pokemon like Fightinium Z Braviary can be a pain to face, and revenge killing fast breakers like Vanilluxe, Magmortar as well as mons like Passimian. Also granting me some sort of momentum to keep up the fast-paced hard hitting nature of the team.

Diancie gives me a real dark resist, as well as alleviating the pressure off of Slowking to take on Fire-types. Also, being able to lure mons like Torterra for other teammates to flourish like Heliolisk and Steelix as well as just denting holes into the opposing team to give Slowking an easier time at winning games.

Initially I had something like Delphox or Magmortar here, as they’re generally viewed as superior and more reliable compared to the likes of non-Z-Move Charizard, however, I felt as if going for this unorthodox oras set would actually slot in pretty well for the last slot. Providing me with a Ground immunity as I felt uncomfortable using just Dhelmise and Slowking as switch ins, also being able to break past or take on mons that would usually beat Delphox and Magmortar, such as Incineroar, Passimian, Rhydon (zard is probably safer than dhelmise now with the increase of max speed and little to no spd or hp with eq and ice punch as sole attacks), and Seismitoad.

Team Analaysis

slowking @ buginium z | regenerator *** what kind of man
modest nature | 248 hp / 84 def / 136 spa / 24 spd / 12 spe
nasty plot | scald | slack off | signal beam

This Slowking set should undoubtedly be used and appreciated more. Z-Signal Beam is such a great option in a meta where many of Water-type answers are Grass- and other bulky Waters, nailing Slowbro, opposing Slowking, Alolan Exeggutor, and Sceptile. Nasty Plot is preferred over Calm Mind as np gives you that immediate breaking power, as many people stay in with Slowbro expecting an Assault Vest set with Future Sight and Dragon Tail as you get a free +2, and really nothing wants to switch into this thing at +2, especially with Buginium Z. HP and Special Defence EVs allow Slowking to avoid 2HKO from av Bro’s Grass Knot after rocks. Physical Defence with HP avoids 2HKO from Passimian’s Knock Off after Stealth Rock. Remaining EVs are primarily dumped into Special Attack to maximise its attacking capabilities, whereas the 16 Speed EVs are really there just for opposing slower Slowbro and King.

versace *** steelix @ leftovers | sturdy
careful nature | 240 hp / 76 atk / 176 spd / 16 spe
stealth rock | heavy slam | earthquake | curse

Pretty basic stuff here, not actually my set but Steelix's Attack EVs are to ensure an OHKO vs Vanilluxe and the Special Defence is just good practice to act as a more reliable Comfey and Whimsicott answer. If I remember correctly finch’s set in the last slot was Protect or Toxic, however I'm opting to run Curse on this team to mitigate the Decidueye weakness, as this set can take Swords Dance Decidueye safely. Bounces off of Slowking nicely with the Delphox and Magmortar weakness if they get in. Also my primary Klinklang check, it basically never wins games if you have a Steelix and don't let it get dumb low.

dhelmise @ colbur berry | steelworker *** warm blood
adamant nature | 156 hp / 252 atk / 100 spe
power whip | earthquake | synthesis | rapid spin

Having used this Dhelmise set previously with Grassium Z over Colbur Berry for immense and sheer power, although Slowking’s entire set revolves around its Z-Move, and since this Dhelmise could really do with the added support vs Passimian, Colbur Berry was the item I settled on. Here's some damage calcs to fill your mind

252 Atk Passimian Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 156 HP / 0 Def Colbur Berry Dhelmise: 101-119 (31.5 - 37.1%) -- 83% chance to 3HKO
252+ Atk Dhelmise Power Whip vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Passimian: 237-280 (69.5 - 82.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

While it may not be the most reliable answer, it definitely does the job and other team members have tools to take on Passimian as well. As i mentioned earlier, Dhelmise is one of the tier's best Heliolisk checks, and slots onto this team nicely with Slowking being very vulnerable to Helio and Steelix taking hefty damage from the likes of Surf or Grass Knot. Rapid Spin allows Charizard thrive to the best of its abilities.

dziahileva *** heliolisk @ choice scarf | dry skin
timid nature | 76 hp / 252 spa / 180 spe
volt switch | hidden power ice / suf / dark pulse | thunderbolt | hyper beam​

Choice Scarf Heliolisk gives pace to this incredibly slow team thus far, complementing Dhelmise well with a Ghost immunity as well as checking dangerous Flying-types like Xatu, Golbat and Braviary. This spread was originally kushalos’ 32 HP / 252 SpA / 224 Spe Modest natured Lisk, however, Modest nature meant that +1 Charizard was able to outspeed Scarf Lisk, which I found out the hard way that I was incredibly weak to. Hidden Power Ice, Surf and Dark Pulse are interchangeable Personally, I prefer Hidden Power Ice over Surf and Dark Pulse as nailing Torterra and Alolan Exeggutor is nice. Surf is mainly for Steelix and Rhydon if you feel the need, whereas Dark Pulse is primarily for Rotom, as the team can be sort of weak to it to newer players who can’t apply immediate pressure onto Rotom.

diancie @ passho berrry | clear body *** june
modest nature | 40 hp / 252 spa / 216 spe
calm mind | moonblast | hidden power ice | earth power

Now, onto this strange Diancie. As mentioned previously, Diancie gives the team a sturdy Dark- and Fire resist, the Speed EVs ensure Diancie outpaces max Speed Modest Alolan Exeggutor, and the rest are just dumped into Special Attack and bulk. Passho Berry in tandem with Calm Mind assists Diancie in really breaking past Assault Vest Slowbro for Charizard to clean easier, as well as any other Water-types. Hidden Power Ice effectively lures Torterra to allow Heliolisk to spam Volt much easier, as well as relieving pressure off of Steelix. It's also ridiculously strong.

+1 252+ SpA Diancie Moonblast vs. 212 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Slowbro: 171-202 (44.5 - 52.6%) -- 22.7% chance to 2HKO
252+ SpA Slowbro Scald vs. +1 40 HP / 0 SpD Passho Berry Diancie: 57-67 (22.7 - 26.6%) -- 25.7% chance to 4HKO
+1 252+ SpA Diancie Hidden Power Ice vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Torterra: 412-488 (124.4 - 147.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+1 252+ SpA Diancie Hidden Power Ice vs. 248 HP / 136 SpD Torterra: 356-420 (90.5 - 106.8%) -- 75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

boscono *** charizard @ life orb | blaze
timid nature @ | 252 spa / 4 spd / 252 spe
fire blast | hidden power grass | focus blast | roost

Finally, 3 attacks Life Orb Charizard is the last mon on my team. Most people know this Pokemon from its Z-Hold Hands set, and while that set is good, I feel like this set should really see more use and love. Charizard functions as a breaker that has very few reliable switch ins and actually has defensive qualities as well, taking on top tier threats like Comfey, Steelix, Whimsicott, as well as taking on mons such as Incineroar, Passimian, Rhydon, Seismitoad and Phys Def Slowbro. It’s honestly hard to articulate how criminally overlooked this mon is, so I'll show a substantial amount of damage calcs as they speak for themselves as well as the replays.

252 SpA Life Orb Charizard Hidden Power Grass vs. 0 HP / 16 SpD Eviolite Rhydon: 364-432 (103.7 - 123%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb Charizard Hidden Power Grass vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Seismitoad: 380-452 (91.7 - 109.1%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Charizard Hidden Power Grass vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Slowbro: 182-216 (46.1 - 54.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Life Orb Charizard Focus Blast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Incineroar: 328-387 (99 - 116.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Life Orb Charizard Fire Blast vs. 236 HP / 0 SpD Comfey: 191-226 (63.2 - 74.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Life Orb Charizard Fire Blast vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Magmortar: 108-127 (36.9 - 43.4%) -- 96.5% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Life Orb Charizard Focus Blast vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Magmortar: 157-186 (53.7 - 63.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

252 Atk Passimian Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Charizard: 123-145 (41.4 - 48.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 Atk Passimian Knock Off vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Charizard: 83-98 (27.9 - 32.9%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Whimsicott Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Charizard: 82-96 (27.6 - 32.3%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

Threatlist

| Thankfully this mon doesn't actually switch into anything well at all, however if it does get in via sack or voltturn, this is such a menace to face, usually people expect you to go hard king and tbolt to get 2hko, but if you can go lix and get up to sturdy, it can be a good way to really throw the opponent off. Diancie and Dhelmise can both deal massive damage, with Dhelmise OHKOing it, Heliolisk can revenge kill it, and Charizard's Fire Blast into Focus does KO Magmortar. The main issue is when it's Assault Vest, as Charizard and Heliolisk find much more difficulty in koing it. Thankfully not that many people seem to be running Hidden Power Steel (fsr, seriously it's the best set) and Slowking is still there, so it's not unmanagbe by any means.

| Only ghost resist being helio is not ideal but many teams survive without any resists at all, and much like mag it really doesn't switch in on much, and you should take it upon yourself to double accordingly if you believe rotom is coming in on Steelix, or if Helio and Diancie is healthy i wouldn't worry too much.

| lol. idek why i'm adding this literally every team is weak to this evil monstrosity, but yea plume can be a real bitch, Charizard does handle it but Sludge does way more than it should, Curse Lix can apply pressure since a lot are much more Specially defensive over Physically, and Slowking can do some work to it with Z-Signal Beam, likewise with Diancie and Helio’s Hyper Beam nuke. Just a very pessimistic mon to face that can be quite fickle for this team to play.

| Two strong special breakers. Surprisingly Vanilluxe hasn’t been as menacing as I initially thought, considering the lack of Feeze-Dry resist, as like many others, switching in will be a hard task for mon, usually having to come in via voltturn. Exeggutor-Alola on the otherhand is a lot more annoying to play, while I do have lures for this like Z-Signal Beam Slowking and Hidden Power Ice Heliolisk, as well as Diancie being faster than it, if this mon does get in vs Slowking, Steelix, Dhelmise or Thunderbolt lockeed Heliolisk (a rare thing), it’s really a toss-up as to what mon I need to go to. Diancie, Charizard, Dhelmise and Steelix can all tank Eggy’s hits purely depending on what move it gets locked into, making it tiresome to play.

Finally, the team does have some defensively back-boned mons, but the goal with the team is to apply as much pressure onto the opponent as possible. It’s okay to let stuff take some heavy blows, just evaluate what you need to win and it should all be good. Also, this was half written when aboma test was put up, so idk how it would fare on the ladder. byee !

paper dreams even though you're taking a break / quit im glad you're still on disc, you're the first person to really reach out to me and i defenitely wouldnt still be on this site w.o u, love ya

passion the elite gamer, you also kinda reached out to me when i was new to nu and literally everybody hated me, so thank you for that, you're one of the people i can actually just talk to for a long time and not get bored

Eternally Earth u 2 are hilarious and im glad to be friends with u both, i would 100% not come on this site as much if you two weren't around

eren i hated u at first but you actually warmed up and became one of my closest friends on here, idk how that happened but you're just so fun to make fun of it's great, seriously though i appreciate you

roman i rmr back when u had like 2 posts and u started talking to me and look where you are now, shame that you're not as active as much anymore but early this year and late last year was really fun mindlessly playing and building ru with you, love you even tho i bully u relentlessly

s.o to everyone else in oh, bus stop and crew, you know who you are and just know you motivate me to log on

LAX Kushalos TTFTW rozes quziel Rabia Ren-chon Garay oak Blast Yoshizilla315 thanks for playing me whenever and putting up with me

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)