BW OU Art of Ruin - Peaked #1

Lasers already recomended using specs jolteon and I second that, it covers your huge electric weakness, 2HKOs zapdos with hidden power ice and only takes 45 - 54(16.6% - 19.9%) damage from heatwave if its raining.

Cool team BKC, and congrats on the success, any team with an Azumarill is win!
Thanks bro, and yeah Azumarill is awesome!
If you want something against Zapdos use CB Swampert as suggested above by someone.
Put Ice punch instead of SE for better accuracy.
Just wondering when do you even use tail-wind, since your tornadus is Specs.
Tailwind is a suicide move for when I'm about to get swept by some really fast sweeper that my priority can't beat (+2 D-nite, for example), and then Starmie comes in to check it. I will definitely try CB Pert though.
Lasers already recomended using specs jolteon and I second that, it covers your huge electric weakness, 2HKOs zapdos with hidden power ice and only takes 45 - 54(16.6% - 19.9%) damage from heatwave if its raining.
I'll definitely try it, thanks.

Hey BKC, cool team.

Have you thought of trying Sharpedo over Azumarill? I know Aqua Jet is cool, but Speed Boost and Sharpedo's movepool helps you out a bit against some threats that you've identified without losing a powerful late game Rain Sweeper.

Sharpedo w/ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
-Protect
-Waterfall
-Crunch
-Earthquake

hey bkc

Nice team man, i love the rain offensive playstyle and your team is a nice example of it, i really would stay with choice specs on politoed, changing it just for gastro seems like a waste, you can prob force it out by spikes damage, azumarill hitting hard and shit. If anything slap hp grass on torunadus. I would test gyarados sub dd bounce on azumarill spot, as it will be a nice late game sweeper in your team, gyara can hit pretty hard with waterfall too, and its a amazing late game sweeper. id give it a shot. another thing worth testing is sharp beak on tournadus, it hits very hard just like specs too, and its sweet when ttar comes in on the hurricane and gets killed by focus blast, same with rotom getting killed by hp grass (considering defensive ofc), you may miss the specs power though.

good job getting on 1.

You're cool bro, tell me you'll rate my team and don't do it :p.

Great team, rain is the best weather in the metagame, and the best in the game for that matter. Easy weakness to DD nite, he sweeps you clean. I say switch Scarf Scizor for Scarf rachi. rachi still covers the Lati twins and Celebi (though its more luck based). Though Scizor secures an OHKO with U-turn, rachi can do the same thing, but in just 3-5 turns. The only thing you really lose out on is trapping things. If you want, you can also try Thunder Wave on Ferro, he can tank a +1 Fire Punch and respond with paralysis support. twave probably goes well over Gyro Ball since whatever it hits also works with Power Whip. If the opponent has a lum berry however, you're probably fucked. If either of those don't work, try Scarf Tornadus. I've used Tornadus before, I know how much power he loses, but a scarf keeps your team structure while still being a threat.

In a nutshell:
Scarf Jirachi over Scarf Scizor
Thunder Wave over Gyro Ball on Ferrothorn
Scarf Tornadus over Specs Tornadus.

Jirachi's set is:

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Iron Head
- Ice Punch
- FirePunch
- Trick

Chow for now!

Hey BKC, cool team.

Have you thought of trying Sharpedo over Azumarill? I know Aqua Jet is cool, but Speed Boost and Sharpedo's movepool helps you out a bit against some threats that you've identified without losing a powerful late game Rain Sweeper.

Sharpedo w/ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
-Protect
-Waterfall
-Crunch
-Earthquake
I don't like how Sharpedo is sooooo frail and Aqua Jet is really crucial to late-game sweeping but I will test it, thanks for the rate.
hey bkc

Nice team man, i love the rain offensive playstyle and your team is a nice example of it, i really would stay with choice specs on politoed, changing it just for gastro seems like a waste, you can prob force it out by spikes damage, azumarill hitting hard and shit. If anything slap hp grass on torunadus. I would test gyarados sub dd bounce on azumarill spot, as it will be a nice late game sweeper in your team, gyara can hit pretty hard with waterfall too, and its a amazing late game sweeper. id give it a shot. another thing worth testing is sharp beak on tournadus, it hits very hard just like specs too, and its sweet when ttar comes in on the hurricane and gets killed by focus blast, same with rotom getting killed by hp grass (considering defensive ofc), you may miss the specs power though.

good job getting on 1.
Azumarill's main perk is Aqua Jet, but I know Gyarados is really good, so I'll test it. I like the idea of Sharp Beak and will try it as well. Thanks for the rate!
You're cool bro, tell me you'll rate my team and don't do it :p.

Great team, rain is the best weather in the metagame, and the best in the game for that matter. Easy weakness to DD nite, he sweeps you clean. I say switch Scarf Scizor for Scarf rachi. rachi still covers the Lati twins and Celebi (though its more luck based). Though Scizor secures an OHKO with U-turn, rachi can do the same thing, but in just 3-5 turns. The only thing you really lose out on is trapping things. If you want, you can also try Thunder Wave on Ferro, he can tank a +1 Fire Punch and respond with paralysis support. twave probably goes well over Gyro Ball since whatever it hits also works with Power Whip. If the opponent has a lum berry however, you're probably fucked. If either of those don't work, try Scarf Tornadus. I've used Tornadus before, I know how much power he loses, but a scarf keeps your team structure while still being a threat.

In a nutshell:
Scarf Jirachi over Scarf Scizor
Thunder Wave over Gyro Ball on Ferrothorn
Scarf Tornadus over Specs Tornadus.

Jirachi's set is:

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Iron Head
- Ice Punch
- FirePunch
- Trick

Chow for now!
I'm sorry I'm sorry I just couldn't think of anything that would help your recent teams because I suck :(
Anyways I'm currently testing ScarfRachi, it's pretty good, and it revenge kills just fine, so I can keep Specs on Tornadus. Thanks for the rate!

Okay, how about you try out Celebi over Ferrothorn? You get to deal with Rotom-w much better and Celebi provides a more offensive presence in your team as opposed to Ferrothorn. The only problem is that you lose Spikes, which may be crucial in some of your matches.

Celebi @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 144 HP / 252 SAtk / 112 Spd
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Earth Power
- Leaf Storm

I don't think this will help you out a lot, but whatever. Nice team!

I've already said this to you already but this really is a great team and a breather from VoltTurn.
Well done on reaching the top man hopefully the Metagross suggestion works out for you :]

I've been looking forward to an RMT of this team since I first saw it in action. Really got nothing else to say since I haven't played in ages and don't expect to any time soon. Anyways, great team and congrats on reaching #1, man.

Hey BKC

This definitely has to be one of the best rain offense teams around. To be honest none of your mons should be replaced since they all play a key role within the team. The only major problem I identified so far is your Starmie's survivability. Potential hazards plus the life orb recoil could easily wear it down which might be problematic for late game support or sweeping. To fix this situation, I would highly recommend replacing life orb for either Expert Belt or Leftovers. In my opinion, leftovers would be ideal since consistent recovery would be greatly appreciated. More power won't beneficial for Starmie, after all your entry hazards will be doing work at the same time. Recover could also be an excellent replacement over Ice Beam, since dragons are covered by Ferrothorn, Scizor and Azumarill and it allows you to decimate shit with Life Orb. Previously, I wanted you to switch Starmie for offensive Donphan which provides you with an electric-type move resist but after some thought, it wasn't a good idea since it increases you sub DD Gyarados weakness. Psychic can be used over Hidden Power Grass to screw with Toxicroak, which otherwise walls Politoed entirely. Gastrodon doesn't seems too threatening, after all Ferrothorn anally rapes it. Aerial Ace can be a good option over Pursuit, it can give Scizor the opportunity to beat threats that resist Bullet Punch, such as Infernape, weakened Gyarados, Ninetails, Gengar, Volcarona and opposing Starmie. Overall, great team bro and good work on reaching #1.

You have probably read this ALOT, but your team has a big weakness to Electric Types.
A Rotom-W can be a big problem to this team.
And I honestly have never seen a Scarfed Scizor, so that was interesting.
Also, you could run Naive Nature on Tornadus, just so U-Turn would do alittle more.
Other than that, great team!
I also like how you made the Thread, cool pictures, and you give great reasoning to why you chose the Pokemon.
Congratz on reaching Rank 1!

Okay, how about you try out Celebi over Ferrothorn? You get to deal with Rotom-w much better and Celebi provides a more offensive presence in your team as opposed to Ferrothorn. The only problem is that you lose Spikes, which may be crucial in some of your matches.

Celebi @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 144 HP / 252 SAtk / 112 Spd
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Earth Power
- Leaf Storm

I don't think this will help you out a lot, but whatever. Nice team!
Spikes are really what make this team tick but it can't hurt to try Celebi out. Thanks for the rate and compliment :)
I've already said this to you already but this really is a great team and a breather from VoltTurn.
Well done on reaching the top man hopefully the Metagross suggestion works out for you :]
Heh Metagross was alright but Scarf Rachi has really been the missing piece of the puzzle. Thanks dude :)
Hey BKC

This definitely has to be one of the best rain offense teams around. To be honest none of your mons should be replaced since they all play a key role within the team. The only major problem I identified so far is your Starmie's survivability. Potential hazards plus the life orb recoil could easily wear it down which might be problematic for late game support or sweeping. To fix this situation, I would highly recommend replacing life orb for either Expert Belt or Leftovers. In my opinion, leftovers would be ideal since consistent recovery would be greatly appreciated. More power won't beneficial for Starmie, after all your entry hazards will be doing work at the same time. Recover could also be an excellent replacement over Ice Beam, since dragons are covered by Ferrothorn, Scizor and Azumarill and it allows you to decimate shit with Life Orb. Previously, I wanted you to switch Starmie for offensive Donphan which provides you with an electric-type move resist but after some thought, it wasn't a good idea since it increases you sub DD Gyarados weakness. Psychic can be used over Hidden Power Grass to screw with Toxicroak, which otherwise walls Politoed entirely. Gastrodon doesn't seems too threatening, after all Ferrothorn anally rapes it. Aerial Ace can be a good option over Pursuit, it can give Scizor the opportunity to beat threats that resist Bullet Punch, such as Infernape, weakened Gyarados, Ninetails, Gengar, Volcarona and opposing Starmie. Overall, great team bro and good work on reaching #1.
I'll test Lefties and Psychic, thanks bro!
You have probably read this ALOT, but your team has a big weakness to Electric Types.
A Rotom-W can be a big problem to this team.
And I honestly have never seen a Scarfed Scizor, so that was interesting.
Also, you could run Naive Nature on Tornadus, just so U-Turn would do alittle more.
Other than that, great team!
I also like how you made the Thread, cool pictures, and you give great reasoning to why you chose the Pokemon.
Congratz on reaching Rank 1!
I don't want to cut into Tornadus's defenses since with -Def, he's more vulnerable to priority like Bullet Punch, and with -SpDef, he can't take a Scarf Rotom's Volt Switch at full HP. U-turn is more for scouting than dealing damage but I'll test it out. Thanks for the rate.

common scenario here, rotom-w volt switches, you go to ferrothorn, Choice band terrakion comes in and gets a kill pretty much, if you sack ferrothorn rotom-w will be a large issue, if not the opponent just repeats this with terrakion smashing up the team

What do you do to deal with this?

BKC, in most of your matches, how much layers do Ferrothorn set up? I could see Ferrothorn tanking a lot of Dragon and Electric type moves and, in general, the defensive back bone of this team, so I could hardly see it setting too much.

Cool team bro, I use to run a similarism team back in the day. One suggestion I have is to test toxic over ice punch on azumarill, since waterfall does plenty of damage to dragons, and it easily disposes Jellicent. I suggest you test it though, it might not work out for your team.

common scenario here, rotom-w volt switches, you go to ferrothorn, Choice band terrakion comes in and gets a kill pretty much, if you sack ferrothorn rotom-w will be a large issue, if not the opponent just repeats this with terrakion smashing up the team

What do you do to deal with this?
I switch to Starmie on the first CC, and even though it does over half, I still scare it out and blast their switch-in with Hydro Pump, weakening the water resists for Azumarill. The second time Terrakion comes in, I've gotta let something die, but it's all good because Azu will sweep late-game. Terrakion is broken though lol.
BKC, in most of your matches, how much layers do Ferrothorn set up? I could see Ferrothorn tanking a lot of Dragon and Electric type moves and, in general, the defensive back bone of this team, so I could hardly see it setting too much.
Ferro always gets SR and usually 1 layer of Spikes. It's most effective leading against Sandstorm teams who always start with Rotom-W who finds it necessary to burn me and then Volt Switch out. It also gets a ton of opportunities to come in against other rain teams.

I would definitely switch leftovers for expert belt on politoed. BTW, i don't really get his EV spread. What is the 56 def and 64 spe for? Swampert is awesome for stopping toxicroak. This team is cool to the max! :D

I would definitely switch leftovers for expert belt on politoed. BTW, i don't really get his EV spread. What is the 56 def and 64 spe for? Swampert is awesome for stopping toxicroak. This team is cool to the max! :D
The extra recovery for Politoed is essential; without it, winning the "weather-war" would be a tad more difficult. It's not as if Gastrodon is going to be KO'd by HP Grass with it, anyway.

Hey bro, glad to see another of your RMT's. Other guys have already mentioned the huge Electric weakness. Just from testing though the team also has major issues against sun teams, especially when their Ninetales carries Sunny Day, because almost nothing on the team can hurt it without Rain in play. Dragon Dance Nite is a massive pain as well and the only way to really beat it is get SR asap then try and predict its switches.

All I can really say to help is to try out Scarf Rachi, and definitely TWave over Gyro Ball on Ferro. Otherwise a really fun team, nice work :)

Great team BKC, rain offense is really awesome. I especially love the use of Tornadus and Azumarill, both are amazing.

Sun teams can really trouble this team though. Nothing on your team is able to stop a +2 Venusaur in the sun, and Sunny Day Ninetales will really give your team troubles seeing how reliant it is on weather. For example, if it comes in on Ferrothorn, and it Sunny Days while you switch to Politoed, you are in trouble.

A quick change you should consider is using Dragonite > Tornadus. It's still a great Hurricane spammer, but it also resists the Grass / Fire combination. It also is still a good lure for Tyranitar, as it can Brick Break for the KO. The exact set is:

Dragonite @ Life Orb | Multiscale
Quiet | 224 HP / 252 SpA / 32 Spe
Hurricane / Thunder / Brick Break / Roost

Feel free to change this around a little, ExtremeSpeed and Aqua Tail are also good options.

Great team, hope I helped!

Shurtugal

The Enterpriser.
is a Tiering Contributor
If you go with Jolteon over Ferro, you could take u-turn off Torn for HP [water] as in rain its pretty powerfull and it hits Heatran, instead of forcing you out and you possibly taking more SR damage. Jolteon and Scizor got volt-turn, so really u-turn on torn is pretty, redundant. It allows you to siwtch, sure, but being choice and all the only time you wouldn't use hurricane is if it is resisted, and HP [water] usually handles the pokes that can take a hurricane, as hp [ice] does absouletly nothing. U-turn is decent, but I feel with Jolteon, that hp [water] works. Even w/o Jolteon over Ferro, hp [water] is nice to suprise kill heatran anywyas, and is way more reliable than missing FB.

Thats all I have to say, so great job, as I usually have about 2 more pages of things to say xd

Solid team. I'm struggling to find any true faults with it, although one Jirachi set does strike me as being fairly, but not too, threatening to your current team build.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Wish
- Flash Cannon
- Thunder

This won't totally destroy you most likely, but you should probably be cautious of it. Sure, Ferrothorn may resist its attacks, but it can't do anything back to stop Jirachi CMing, whom can simply Wish back any damage done to it. After a few Calm Minds, it can KO everything else on your team. Whilst Scizor and Azumarril outspeed it (with Aqua Jet in Azu's case) thanks to the defensive investment it can survive attacks from both of them and wreck them with CM boosted Thunder, potentially paralysing them too. Nothing on this team can really force it out immediately. Fortunately for you this set is very overlooked, but I'd imagine you'd have to play well to not lose members to this.

As others have already addressed, there is a notable weakness to Toxicroak and Magnezone. Although you'll surely miss Azumarril's awesome destructive power, I believe there is a potential change that could be made in order to relieve these weaknesses. Although it may be an unusual set, I recommend CB Swampert.

Swampert (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 152 HP / 252 Atk / 104 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Superpower

Quite unexpected, and effective for your team in my opinion. The sheer unpredictability of the set can net you a lot of surprise KOs. As a testimony to this set's power, Waterfall will 2HKO Impish 252/252 Skarmory in Rain after Stealth Rock. 104 Speed EVs give it 182 Speed, which allow it to outspeed the common Skarmory variant which runs 181 Speed, as well as pretty much all other tanks. You may wish to run 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spd though for maximum durability. Alternatively, you could even run Choice Scarf and go Jolly with 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd, for less power and durability but the ability to outspeed and revenge kill a lot of things, such as Tornadus and Terrakion, for example. As well as beating Jirachi, Toxicroak and Magnezone, Swampert also provides basic synergy with an ever useful Electric immunity and a secondary Rock resistance.

Feel free to take my suggestions with a pinch of salt though. The fact that this team got to the top of the leaderboard is more than enough to justify immense praise for this team.

I tested this team, I changed two things which helped ALOT
First, leftovers over life orb on starmie.
Second, I opted for brick break over superpower on scizor. Mainly as dual screen leads can really screw you over - only doing pitiful damage in the first 8 turns. Brick break stops this.
Hope I helped.

Here is an offensive idea that could blossom with your current team:

Bronzong @life orb
Brave Nature. 252Hp 252 Akm 0d speed iv
Earthquake
Gyro Ball
Trick room
Filler (HP ice, zen headbutt, rock slide, stealth rocks)

This guy is absolitely amazing!!! It easily will OHKO a large portion of this speed based metagame and nothing feels better than planting a magnezone or heatran switch in with eq after using trick room on the switch. It is also able to sponge some hits before finally going down. For me, this guy usually lasts the five turns of trick room before dying and usually takes one or two pokes with him. And besides, azu and ferries won't mind using the last few turns of TE if it does die earlier. Maybe give this a try and see how you like it :).

lol scarf rachi sucks. this team is about as good at handling dragonite as any team can be so learn to rate/play whoever suggested that horrific idea. remember, it's rate my team, not rape my team smith.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)