Art thread, swif swif bish

Swiffix

pipowo
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Hi! Welcome to my art thread where I’ll be sharing some of my sketches and finished pieces. I’m still *very* new to digital art (purchased my tablet literally last Saturday), so I’ll mostly be doing some Pokémon “studies” in the beginning. My traditional art style is also pretty far from cartoons and doodles, so this project serves as great practice in that area as well!

Below are my first three studies, of Piplup, Corsola and Sudowoodo. Piplup is objectively the best mon, and I had to draw some non-cursed ones since Ciran loves torturing the poor thing over on her art thread. Corsola was for this month’s mon of the month. Sudowoodo was a suggestion by ciran, which was perfectly timed since we just recently promoted WigglyTree to Wi-Fi mod and his favourite mon is Sudo.

Feel free to leave comments, suggestions, or even your pick of your favourite of the batch (mine is obviously Suduwudo among the dancing trees).

Thanks for checking my thread!

Last edited:
These are lovely! Based on this, just wanted to let you know that you're now an approved artist.
All this really changes is that you'll be able to contribute to places like smogon's flying press and social media art if you ever want to, you can find some info on it here. You should be able to see a subforum called "Media HQ" under The Flying Press. Check it out if you ever feel like drawing for articles!

If you're unsure about anything or have some questions, feel free to throw me a PM on the forums or over at discord! :toast:

Swiffix

pipowo
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Now that the results of the A&C Pokémon Backgrounds Challenge event are out, I can share the two entries I submitted. These were my first two digital art pieces (aside from some previous doodling on a friend‘s tablet), and they were both done within 2 days in order to meet the event’s submissions deadline. There’s therefore room for improvement, but they were still incredibly fun pieces to work on!

The Crown Tundra

Bellchime Trail

Also if you haven’t done so already, be sure to check out this post showcasing all of the entries submitted for the event. Some of them are truly epic and the artists deserve much praise!

Last edited:

R8

Leads Natdex Other Tiers, not rly doing ndou stuff
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Contributor Alumnus
National Dex Leader
Now that the results of the A&C Pokémon Backgrounds Challenge event are out, I can share the two entries I submitted. These were my first two digital art pieces (aside from some previous doodling on a friend‘s tablet), and they were both done within 2 days in order to meet the event’s submissions deadline. There’s therefore room for improvement, but they were still incredibly fun pieces to work on!

The Crown Tundra

Bellchime Trail

Also if you haven’t done so already, be sure to check out this post showcasing all of the entries submitted for the event. Some of them are truly epic and the artists deserve much praise!
holy shit WHAT

this is simply amazing

BIG ASHLEY

ashley
is a Community Contributor
Updates! I’ve been drawing a lot, just late to post :eeveehide:

First off, a couple fun projects: a Piplup x Togepi fusion (more Togepi coming soon, BakuraFangirl28), and an Electric- and Flying-type Rillaboom (I only realized how much it looks like Thundurus/Tornadus AFTER I was done drawing it qq)

omg i love these both so much! they're very different vibes, but you captured them both so well!

Swiffix

pipowo
Some more fun stuff!

Did the banner for MPL VIII! Was my first tour banner and the request asked for it to feature Mew and Victini. The mons were very fun to draw, but the lettering gave me a bit of trouble with positioning and outline. I’m very satisfied with the end result tho!

In case you missed it, we also hosted a round of Pokémon Fusions recently, and the submissions were all shared yesterday. My prompt was to draw a fusion of Sneasler and Cinccino, and here’s the result! Another super fun piece that I enjoyed making n.n

Last edited:

Swiffix

pipowo
A non-Pokémon piece! (technically those two landscapes are from Pokémon)

Was commissioned by maroon to draw him a Scarlet Witch profile pic n.n

I've actually drawn a lot of portraits and human characters using traditional media, but this was my first time doing it in digital art. Honestly, I'm quite satisfied with the result, despite finding some trouble with certain elements at first (fuck hands) c:

Last edited:

Swiffix

pipowo
Been working on a few things that I should be able to share here soon, but in the meantime here’s a couple artworks made for some ketchup pizza-eating friends :3

First one is a result of a bet I lost against Pissog. Idk why the weirdo wanted two snails playing cards - apparently he dreamt of this - but here we are

And this second one was requested by Howkings to commemorate the Ionian Sea Steamers’ victory in Teamballo I

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)