Artist Galleries in the Main Site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tangerine

Where the Lights Are
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
While we are a site specializing in competitive Pokemon, I think we need to recognize the fact that we have ridiculous number of talented artists here. Why can't they get the recognition of some sort on the Smogon main page? Sure, we have smeargle now, but once a user is taken off of the first couple pages, they are forgotten. We have users like CupOfLifeNoodles who posted amazing stuff and disappeared and such, and to be honest, it's a shame they don't get the recognition they need. It would show of the amount of talent Smogon has, and it would attract more artists, which I can only think of as a good thing. I believe prominent artists should be able to feature their art on the subsection of the main site.

Misty

oh
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I dunno, I think this is kind of "distracting". I think the fact that we give out artist badges is a good way to recognize good artists and encourage them to help us out.

I dunno, I think this is kind of "distracting". I think the fact that we give out artist badges is a good way to recognize good artists and encourage them to help us out.
not sure about that one. time and again it's been stressed upon that the artist badge is given to people who have contributed art that is put up on the site. many talented artists haven't got a chance to contribute art to the site and hence don't have the badge. i think this isn't such a bad idea tbh..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)