ASB Council #14 - Applications Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZhengTann

Nargacuga
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Term is ~4 months.
13th Council will last until all 4 currently standing issues are resolved by Voting, and 14th will step in thereafter.

The purpose of this thread will be to identify applicants for the ASB Council prior to a forum vote. While we've had quieter terms lately, we hope that you will strive to bring life to us if you join, and/or vote for the candidate you think will work for that same goal.

• Activity: Applicants must be consistently active in ASB. Applicants must utilise IRC/Discord/PMs for the purpose of communication with fellow Councillors. Applicants must not be users prone to leaving on frequent or unannounced breaks. Do not apply if you can already foresee yourself being inactive, and please state explicitly how much time you are willing and able to devote to Policy issues on a regular basis in your application posts.
  • Longevity: Applicants must have been involved with ASB for a lengthy duration of time. This duration of time is arbitrary, but important. In essence, we want Council members to have an understanding of the history of ASB. This may be the least important of the three criteria - newer Council members can supplement historical knowledge by referring to older players of the game.
  • Knowledge: This is a critical criterion. Applicants must be knowledgeable about the mechanics of ASB, and about balance and so forth. This can be demonstrated in various ways, including battling prowess. One must have a concept of balance in ASB, and must be rational and level-headed in such matters and discussions.
When applying, please post a little bit about why you are a worthy applicant and why you would do well on the Council.

The process will be the same as last time: We will vote for the first 3 people on the Council in the first vote, the 4th and 5th members in a second vote, and (only if there are more than 10 applications) the 6th and 7th voters in the final vote, thereby accounting for changes in vote strategy based on prior members. Due to lack of significant improvement in turnaround time last term, I've jumped the gun and decided that 5-seat will be better for this term.

With that said, apply away! Applications will last at least 48 hours, at which point the first series of votes will occur.

JJayyFeather

Drifting~
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
I need to find that saying for the 4th time trying something.

Activity: Consistently active during the what is now over a year and a half that I've been a part of ASB. On IRC/Discord at almost all times of day, very active on forums whether it be for battling, reffing, and now managerial things, and occasionally to post in Feedback when I find something that's off, or to provide my input on a discussion.

Longevity: I've been here for a year and a half now, seen a lot of changes.

Knowledge: I like to say I'm knowledgeable about things in ASB. I'm a highly proficient ref and battlers (woo Fairy Gym Leader :3), and have become familiar with the many nuances of the interactions in ASB. Especially those damned sub rules.

• Activity: Yeah basically
  • Longevity: Yes
  • Knowledge: Passed Reffing 202, worst GL ever but other than that generally competent
Also I'm probably the most active remaining member of the previous council and I did a decent amount of stuff there so yeah

• Activity: I'm always on and if I'm not I'm a tag away on Discord
  • Longevity: February 2012 makes me a bit of a geezer I suppose
  • Knowledge: Experience in a number of tournaments and gyms, as well as being a previous leader and ref for a several RP's and gyms. I would argue that I'm very knowledgeable regarding ASB (behind my horde of gimmicky mons)

ZhengTann

Nargacuga
I will combine the judiciary, executive and legislative powers together!

Been here for almost 5 years, last I counted. Also whenever I was a Council member, I was the most active. Second to none. Even at my current activity levels, I'm willing to dedicate 30-50 minutes every two days to moving Policy stuff forward. I am currently contending with Smash as the worst Gym Leader (had to throw out this joke to make it recurring). Usually my stance is "follow in-anime before in-cartridge", "consistently consistent consistency" and "don't fix what ain't broke", in that order. "Why not" sometimes override everything else though.

I'm active and knowledgable and can dedicate 4ish months to this. I usually dislike policy, but I'm tired of letting johns run everything. My main aim with decisions/rules is to make sure they uphold (or improve) the balance of game. It's not that black and white though, of course there's more that goes into making decisions, so don't read too much into that.

• Activity: Hey, I'm on discord literally everyday I think, constantly chatting with everyone, have never been DQ'd from a match and I've been consistently competing in battles more or less non-stop. No signs of me stopping any of the activity, actually having it increase leading into the Summer.
  • Longevity: Only been around a few months, fair enough. But I think I make up for it in passion
  • Knowledge: While I'll have been just barely completing R101 by the time this application goes up, I feel like I've read enough of the major battles going on since my time began. I've read almost every gym battle, every tournament battle in the Monotype tournament, I've read every qualifier, and even began to read every TLR active currently. So I am attempting to quick study up on a lot of issues as well keeping track on discord to see what people's general complaints and concerns are.

ZhengTann

Nargacuga
Applications closed. This should be easy - we might as well just do an unpopular vote and let the one with highest votes be the standby stand-in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)