ASB Series Tournament: Signups

JJayyFeather

Drifting~
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
ASB Series Tourney

Host: JJayyFeather | Cohost: Ooraloo
Long intros suck so I'm keeping this short and breezy. This is a tournament. A tournament in a gym-exclusive format. The format? Just a simple set of 1v1s. Why? Why not? We've done so many "out there" ideas lately, rentals and all, I felt like it was time to bring us back to the basics. What better way to get back to basics than a tournament where each match is effectively a set of high-stakes flashes? Here's how it works:

Battle Rules
Format:
B4P3 Series
48 Hour DQ, 1 Warning - 72 Hours for refs
Switch = None
Abilities:
All
Items: All
Subsitutions: 2
Megas: Infinite
Z-Moves: 1 per Z-Crystal used
1 Recovery / 2 Chills
Turn Order:
Coin Flip followed by Right of Way.
Arena: ASB Tournament Arena

Series Explanation
- Best of 3 1v1s
- Turn Order is determined by Coin Flip in the first fight, and Right of Way in future fights.
- Right of Way: Granted to the loser of the previous bout.
- Individual fights can end in a tie. In such a case, a tiebreaker will be conducted where Right of Way goes to the victor of the last round that ended in a victory.
- In the tiebreaker, players may use any of the 4 Pokemon that they sent in, even if they were used previously.

Tournament Format
The entire tournament is a 16 player, 4 round, single elimination tournament. No gimmicks, no tricks. Just a randomly seeded bracket.

Prizes
1st:
Hoopa
2nd: Master Ball

No predictions since those have fallen apart more than not.

Refs are welcomed, assuming this isn't going to be your first time reffing things, since we do appreciate quality reffing here. :)

Battle Rewards
Winner: Standard rewards, 10 UC
Loser: Standard rewards
Ref: [Standard Rewards]*1.5

One last thing, the tourney signups will close at 12:00:00 PM on October 7th (UTC-4). Slots for the tournament are as follows: The first 10 to sign up are guaranteed to be in, the other 6 slots are randomly selected from the remaining signups. People who signed up but failed to get in will have priority as subs.

And with that, Signups are open!
Any questions about the tournament due to a lack of clarity may be posed below and I'll answer them.

Signup List
Guaranteed
- JJayyFeather
- Birkal
- Exclaimer
- PTPlatinum
- Dogfish44
- acidphoenix
- Elevator Music
- Yoshiblaze
- Complications
- Fort Colorcastle
Lottery
- Granny Pie
- Matezoide
- smashlloyd20
- deadfox081
- S0L1D G0LD
- Maxim
- Nightblitz42
- Zarator
- Flamestar
- Gale Wing Srock

Last edited:
If you were to calculate my Flash:Normal ratio it would become evident that there can only be one possible victor here:

Me (IN) :^)

JJayyFeather

Drifting~
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
Numbers from 1 to 10 shuffled: 7 4 10 3 9 5 6 1 8 2

Competitors
- JJayyFeather
- Birkal
- Exclaimer
- PTPlatinum
- Dogfish44
- acidphoenix
- Elevator Music
- Yoshiblaze
- Complications
- Fort Colorcastle
- smashlloyd20
- deadfox081
- S0L1D G0LD
- Nightblitz42
- Flamestar
- Gale Wing Srock

Substitutes
Granny Pie
Matezoide
Maxim
zarator

Round 1 OP will be going up shortly. Subs are tagged here so that they know that they are on the sub list should someone disappear. Players will be tagged in the R1 thread otherwise.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)