SS Ubers Ashes

Ainzcrad

Smile of the Orchid
is a Tiering Contributor

I got bored so decided to build a new team for ss ubers, potentially for ssnl later down the line and i was just vibing to music, when i just thought to myself why not build around a mon that involves ashes. Thats when i decided to build around reshiram, its one of the more underrated mons in the current ss ubers metagame, with a bit of potential to back it up. Before people start go to the number 1 i will this was just for a quick test on how well i would do with a underrated mon within 50 games.

:reshiram:
This is the main focus of the build. It's pretty much your main breaker mon, it helps u break vs mons that u would normally struggle against such as Necrozma-Dusk Mane, aswell as Ho-Oh. Ho-oh is the reason why u run stone edge on this team otherwise u would struggle quite alot on breaking it, due to heavy duty boots+regenerator. Blue Flare and Draco Meteor are it's stabs, it ohko's spdef eternatus aswell as Necrozma Dusk Mane. But those are not the only mons your able to hit with those moves, zarude/zekrom/ferrothorn can also be mons that would otherwise be really annoying.

:eternatus:
This is ur kyogre check, i say check since ice beam from specs is able to two hit ko even after black sludge recovery. But thats not the only thing that it answer, it checks zygarde/marshadow. Cosmic Power is a interesting move that makes eternatus a bigger threat for your opponent, due to being able to boost ur defenses up it requires your opponent to either set up against it or just click the same button over and over again, which eternatuses pressure ability helps with. Meteor beam helps u break opposing mons, since if ur just +6 defense and +6 sp defense u cant really do anything besides just stalling, meteor beam makes it so u can also boost ur special attack stack to a point where u can break through ur opponent during the endgame.

:necrozma_dusk_mane:
Necrozma helps u answer stuff like eternatus/xerneas. With its amazing in general bulk its able to take quite a few hits, aswell as a astral barrage from full from a non choice specs calyrex-shadow. It also supports reshiram, via thunder wave making mons like eternatus/zarude slower then reshiram so they cant either kill it/do chip dmg to it.

:calyrex_shadow:
Calyrex is here for in general offense matchups, Hyper Offenses like webs/rocker lead type hyper offenses kinda go brazy otherwise. Stuff like zekrom/dusk mane could win on the spot given the right moveset and makes it really hard to play those matchups. Not to forget that this mon provides speed controll to this team. Aromatherapy helps u support ur team since it helps u remove annoying statuses like paralyses on reshiram/eternatus/dusk mane. And this mon generally is the mon u want to endgame to, due to its ability As One which gives it 1 special attack boost when u kill a mon.

:yveltal:
Yveltal gives u your much needed defogger aswell as a dark type to take on calyrex-shadow. Up until this point no mon would like to switch into calyrex but thats not the only thing it does. Knock Off helps u with your ho-oh mu being able to knock its hdb aswell as opposing yveltals hdb's to support calyrex. U-Turn gives u extra momentum when needed and roost gives u more longevity.

:xerneas:
Last not least Xerneas. This mon helps u answer stuff like zarude/zygarde/yveltal which this team doesnt appreciate taking hits from, aromatherapy helps u again with annoying statuses. Buzzwole could also be a problem to switch into so it helps with that aswell. Rest Talk gives u the longevity u need when ur taking quite a bit of hazard dmg.

Threatlist

:landorus:
Landorus-I can be really annoying to beat, due to its speed tier its able to outspeed reshiram. It's coverage moves are also really annoying to deal with Rock Slide/Earth Power do a number to this team and in general the only way to safely beat it to sack a mon to it and try to fish for a kill vs it via calyrex-shadow or eternatus if its low due to rocks chip.

:groudon:
Swords Dance Groudon sweeps this team really easily if ur not carefull, due to it being naturally bulky it takes a few hits to kill it and in general only xerneas can really switch into it.

:marshadow:
Bulk Up Ice Punch Marshadow does a number to this team, normally u can switch in eternatus safely in but ice punch makes it so that isnt a option anymore. Xerneas is also two hit ko'd after rocks or at +1 by poltergeist meaning that unless u get xerneas in from full/nearly full u are going to need to sack mons to it to kill it.

Replays
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ubers-1408857350-d5jexa69n76jkxtrrqlg9nbqi2dukp2pw Vs Stall

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ubers-1408900596-i2g0hrl8xb7gt1l5rlz737cn4dribtxpw Vs Webs HO

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ubers-1408905186-u7qq628gfvksp1kwo1mmpimvdub4utxpw vs Marshadow Balance

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ubers-1408912983-f6wvt41gjimkaz1pgwhfms84kg0hrfvpw Excadrill HO

1630607996324.png

1630608015505.png

I hope it wasnt too long or boring to read, here is the team if anyone wants to try it out for themselves: :reshiram::eternatus::necrozma_dusk_mane::calyrex_shadow::yveltal::xerneas:

S/o to my best friends: Links pannuracotta cy Ax StitChuu fabwooloo
Dumbasses who helped me over the 2 years i have been on here: Icemaster The Number Man Lasen
kythr blce Seasons RaJ.Shoot Aurodian Shadowmonstr7 saba Snafutari manu 11 ShionShadows Trade omicorio[/USER Reeece susciety ] spatulakun Y'all suck friends LMAO

Last edited:

Meminger21

Lágrimas Ocultas
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I have some suggestions to make that could help against certain matchups

:ss/Xerneas:
Air Ballon > Leftovers. It allows Xerneas to check CB Marshadow and soft check Groudon and Landorus-I (without Sludge Bomb). Another opition could be HDB, since in most of the matches if you use Xerneas as the Yveltal check it can have its item knocked off or the opponent can predict the switch using U-turn, taking more damage from Stealth Rock.

:ss/Calyrex-Shadow:
Nasty Plot > Aromatherapy. This team looks very weak to Stall and you already have Xerneas as a cleric, if you face Stall you can Trick the opponent's Tyranitar/Yveltal and in the late game try to set up and win. That replay that you said was Stall looked more like a BO with offensive Ho-oh and Giratina as a deffoger.

This team looks very fun and good, I would't change any mon, but replacing Xerneas with Corviknight could be interesting, helping against Groudon and Landorus-I and also being a reliable Deffoger for Reshiram, although matchups against Stall and Zekrom would be way too problematic.
Grats on Top 10!

Ainzcrad

Smile of the Orchid
is a Tiering Contributor
I have some suggestions to make that could help against certain matchups

:ss/Xerneas:
Air Ballon > Leftovers. It allows Xerneas to check CB Marshadow and soft check Groudon and Landorus-I (without Sludge Bomb). Another opition could be HDB, since in most of the matches if you use Xerneas as the Yveltal check it can have its item knocked off or the opponent can predict the switch using U-turn, taking more damage from Stealth Rock.

:ss/Calyrex-Shadow:
Nasty Plot > Aromatherapy. This team looks very weak to Stall and you already have Xerneas as a cleric, if you face Stall you can Trick the opponent's Tyranitar/Yveltal and in the late game try to set up and win. That replay that you said was Stall looked more like a BO with offensive Ho-oh and Giratina as a deffoger.

This team looks very fun and good, I would't change any mon, but replacing Xerneas with Corviknight could be interesting, helping against Groudon and Landorus-I and also being a reliable Deffoger for Reshiram, although matchups against Stall and Zekrom would be way too problematic.
Grats on Top 10!
Hey tnx for the response, idt balloon xern helps that much with lando-i due to u having to outplay earth power and with lefties u are able to take 2 hits. And for caly its mainly for late game exchanges when i dont have etern to absorb tspikes for example

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)