ashley's SPOOOOOKY questions ep. 1 - how early is it ok to start celebrating hallowe'en?

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
there are a lot of jokes about Spirit Halloween stores immediately occupying vacant buildings, sure. they love to move in at a moment's notice. but when the first one of their stores opens does not determine when the season starts (contrary to outmoded opinion) - rather, modern harbingers are more accurate.

examples include:
-halloween dlc pack / skins in a popular MOBA or Battle Royale
-new friday night funkin' mod (must be explicitly halloween related, not just spooky in general. updates to existing mods count)
-onlyfans content creators start to advertise spooky boobs on twitter
-the 12-foot tall home depot skeleton is not merely seen on lawns (as is customary yesr-round) but dangling from apartment balconies

hope this helps!

antemortem

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Socialization Head
shall we develop an official halloween itinerary? i just want to be prpared for every spook coming around the corner

Fishy

tits McGee (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)
i consider the presence of pumpkin spice as the indication of autumn, and then basically from oct 1st i consider it halloween season

az

toddmoding
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
i am doing well although we seem to have ended up in ashley's question thread. how embarrassing!
glad to hear you are doing well and sorry about this mix-up, ashely. i got stuck in that ashley thread but everything should be fixed now

i clearly made attempts to schedule on my opponent's wall. this is ridiculous.
contacted

a true work of art... i have printed it out and put it on the fridge as a tribute to its greatness
as i understand it from a close source, this is the highest honour an ash(e/l)y can bestow. thank u

i don't think that is a color but since this is such a great image i will let it slide.
yea

oh that is kind of spicey i will be sure to rember that one for layeighter.
another funny one is pronouncing "in lieu of" as "in leff of" bc that's how british people (strange, unusual, archaic, arachnid) pronounce it in "lieutenant". try that one out as a gift from me, todd

yep

yea

hmm nice callback but doesn't omanyte look more like this?
this is a wonderfull img i love them. permission to use as avatar?

thank u for believing in me but truthfully i do not know if i will have time to play a single game :(
i can do a coinflip for you if necessary + contacted

n/a

yea

this went way too hard take away the gun from blissey Right Now.
i will try but i think that she is now a big second amendment advocate as is her right and i darent broach the subject at this time.
here she is at a gun rally recently im so sorry you had to find out this way

anw ashely have you heard of a chat called mf studios.

bdt2002

Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs superfan
is a Pre-Contributor
This post applies to more so than just halloween, but it does still mention it. Here's the objectively right way to think of each month of the year imo

January: I thought winter was supposed to be cold, why is it still 50 degrees (F)?
February: Personal insecurities with a side of chocolate-covered treats
March: Oh great heavens the Irishmen are taking over everything
April: Friendly reminder that "Morbius" released on April Fools Day in theaters
May: Birthdays, graduations, and all the other party types
June: Hey look, there's a tornado over there (Midwestern U.S. moment)
July: Americans eating hot dogs and celebrating the biggest sports upset of 1776
August: cricket noises, silence
September: Earth, wind, fire, and another song about waking up or something like that
October: Spooky scary skeletons send shivers down your spine
November: For the love of Arceus, save the Christmas music for after Thanksgiving please
December: Wintry decorations, high electric bills, and capitalism

In all seriousness though, celebrate throughout all of October, but only October.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)