Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Previous thread

Rules for answering questions here:
1. Your answers should contain at least a brief explanation, even if it was the simplest of questions.
2. While answering Yes/No question, please quote the question you're referring to.

Lol, I was wondering why I kept seeing "Last Posted By," but I never saw anybody post after me.

Well, the question I was asking was:
Is Jolteon an effective lead?

Whoo First Post..

Can you get Shiny's on Pokemon Colloseum or XD?

Been hearing both yes and no
I believe it's yes, but you have to transfer it to a GBA to actually see if it is shiny.

I'm not 100% sure, so don't take my word for it.

Question from last thread:
Anybody know the AR renaming code? (Seriously, got a stupid nickname off the GTS)

Jolteon isn't really an effective lead anymore. His movepool is too shallow to be unpredictable, and what he's good at isn't immediately threatening enough on the first turn for an offensive/support Pokemon. He's much more effective later on in a match.

Jolteon isn't really an effective lead anymore. His movepool is too shallow to be unpredictable, and what he's good at isn't immediately threatening enough on the first turn for an offensive/support Pokemon. He's much more effective later on in a match.
Is he a decent lead?

I was thinking of this set:

Jolteon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Nature: Modest
- Baton Pass
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Thunder Wave / HP Ice

I feel that a SpA nature is more appropriate because he is a fast little fellow already.
Thunder Wave for Paralysis Support.
HP Ice for Garchomp and other dragons.

No...use Timid because will at least tie with other 130s and outspeed stuff like Weavile and Jolly duggy. Speaking of Duggy. Watch out for the switch in on T-Bolt which would make your jolteon good as dead. Lifeorb would actually be better because of that.

Can I have a link to that Defensive EV's applet I saw awhile ago.
I think X-Act made it.

Never mind I got it.

I am going to start breeding Porygon's and wanted to know if I am aiming for trace on it, so Porygon Z will have adaptability

Does shiny Ditto transform into the shiny sprite of the opponent?

Also, any suggestions on a nature of Ditto to chain that Smogon needs?

I believe it's yes, but you have to transfer it to a GBA to actually see if it is shiny.

I'm not 100% sure, so don't take my word for it.

Question from last thread:
Anybody know the AR renaming code? (Seriously, got a stupid nickname off the GTS)
actually yes you can get them but if they are dark, evil, whatever they are called they will look the same as a non-shiny except at the start of the battle they will have orange orbs around them.

In Advance, yes. In D/P, a Ditto will only transform into a shiny if the target is shiny.
if ditto would stay shiny i would consider playing him, for laughs.

i dunno if this is really a simple question.. but..
i haven't been playing pokemon much lately.. what does the metagame revolve around? what is the most played team?

I posted this in the other thread before it was closed:

If not, I'll just work it out myself. ;_;
Serebii's pokedex tells you which pokemon can pass every egg move that certain pokemon learns, from there you can deduce the chains.

looking through the strategy pokedex when...

I came across this under the Opinion section of Breloom:

"While ThunderPunch OHKOs Gyarados, it is illegal to use with Poison Heal, leaving Breloom with the less useful Effect Spore as his ability"

my question is why?

why is a specific move ilegal to use with this pokemons ability?

just dont get it.

Thanks

Poison Heal is D/P ability, and ThunderPunch is a 3rd gen move. The only way to change ability through migrating is to evolve, but since Shroomish can't learn ThunderPunch there's no way to evolve and get Poison Heal.

I came across this under the Opinion section of Breloom:

"While ThunderPunch OHKOs Gyarados, it is illegal to use with Poison Heal, leaving Breloom with the less useful Effect Spore as his ability"

my question is why?

why is a specific move ilegal to use with this pokemons ability?

just dont get it.

Thanks
The phrase is wrongly worded I suppose. It is not illegal to "use" the move with Poison heal, it is illegal to have the move with that ability.
Thunderpunch is a emerald move tutor that only breloom learns, not shroomish and Poison heal is a new ability exclusive to DP. All this means that to teach thunderpunch to breloom you must do it in emerald and then migrate it to DP, but since breloom can only have effect spore as its ability in Emerald then it can't have poison heal and thunderpunch at the same time.

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to ask this but here goes.

I have a tyranitar, adamant, fully ev'd and all that jazz. It is currently DD variant, and i'd like to change over to CB.

It's move set is Crunch,DD,Stone Edge,EQ. I'd likee to drop the DD for Pursuit. I understand that Pursuit is an egg move, but i was wondering if there was any other way, like AR and what not, to teach it pursuit without breeding an entire different ttar.

Everstone

Now 100% reliable
is a Contributor Alumnus
Clone the Ttar.

EDIT: Oh wait, not if you're going legit. Gotta breed a new one. But there's probably an AR code somewhere to teach it pursuit.

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to ask this but here goes.

I have a tyranitar, adamant, fully ev'd and all that jazz. It is currently DD variant, and i'd like to change over to CB.

It's move set is Crunch,DD,Stone Edge,EQ. I'd likee to drop the DD for Pursuit. I understand that Pursuit is an egg move, but i was wondering if there was any other way, like AR and what not, to teach it pursuit without breeding an entire different ttar.
I think there is an AR code for making any TM teach any move to a pokemon.
Either that or using pokesav to edit the moveset, both ways are most likely going to make your pokemon hacked if you care about that tough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)