Ask simple questions here! [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

Where can I find all the move animations found in PS? I saw that Flash Cannon's new animation is awesome and I would love to see the other moves too.

Where can I find all the move animations found in PS? I saw that Flash Cannon's new animation is awesome and I would love to see the other moves too.
I believe you can look in the source code here or you could just test in PS, as far as I know, defog, mooblast, flash cannon and a few other moves got new animations

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
I believe you can look in the source code here or you could just test in PS, as far as I know, defog, mooblast, flash cannon and a few other moves got new animations
Just test in PS, the animations file is a js file that tells the Sim what to do.
On a different note if you want to add new animations or change existing ones you can modify them with a custom client using said file.

Where can one get support for setting up their own showdown server? The only sensible places I can think of say "Don't ask for support setting up a server here".

I've gotten nearly every aspect working... but the teambuilder still loads smogon's tiers and data, so what appears legal in the teambuilder may in fact be illegal for an actual battle on my server. [Not to mention I can't make our own selection of CAP appear in the teambuilder when we get to that bump in the road]

Should I make a thread in this board for support?

Last edited:
Where can one get support for setting up their own showdown server? The only sensible places I can think of say "Don't ask for support setting up a server here".

I've gotten nearly every aspect working... but the teambuilder still loads smogon's tiers and data, so what appears legal in the teambuilder may in fact be illegal for an actual battle on my server. [Not to mention I can't make our own selection of CAP appear in the teambuilder when we get to that bump in the road]

Should I make a thread in this board for support?
This is as good a place as any I guess, it's better than making a whole new thread that just clutters up the forum.

Although all of what you need is already in the source code here. I don't know the exact place you can find teams and specifically how they link to suggested sets and smogon but Pikachuun probably does know so I'll just tag him n_n

Operation tag Pikachuun success.
And original post I made for slightly easier reference

Since I'm not making a thread I'll elaborate a bit more on the steps I've taken and my exact issue

I've rearranged all of the tiers in formats-data.js so that all pokemon fall into one of six tiers: TU, MU, Leg, SU, FM and LC.
I've also deleted all of the CAP data from formats-data.js, pokedex.js, learnsets.js, and learnsets-g6.js since my server will have no use for them
I've set up a format similar to the Battle Maison as a test, which prohibits pokemon in the tiers TU and MU while enforcing an item clause.
When I challenge another player, my format works properly - disallowing pokemon that fall into TU and MU and recognizing them as tiers

Now for the problems:
When I open the teambuilder, it still displays the official smogon tiers of Ubers, OU, UU, and so forth, and this will be extaordinarily confusing to someone trying to build a team on my server.
Furthermore, we have plans to implement our own sort of CAP format, and I can't get our own CAP to appear in the teambuilding screen, and in fact the old CAP pokemon continue to appear despite being mostly removed from my own files.

Operation tag Pikachuun success.
And original post I made for slightly easier reference

Since I'm not making a thread I'll elaborate a bit more on the steps I've taken and my exact issue

I've rearranged all of the tiers in formats-data.js so that all pokemon fall into one of six tiers: TU, MU, Leg, SU, FM and LC.
I've also deleted all of the CAP data from formats-data.js, pokedex.js, learnsets.js, and learnsets-g6.js since my server will have no use for them
I've set up a format similar to the Battle Maison as a test, which prohibits pokemon in the tiers TU and MU while enforcing an item clause.
When I challenge another player, my format works properly - disallowing pokemon that fall into TU and MU and recognizing them as tiers

Now for the problems:
When I open the teambuilder, it still displays the official smogon tiers of Ubers, OU, UU, and so forth, and this will be extaordinarily confusing to someone trying to build a team on my server.
Furthermore, we have plans to implement our own sort of CAP format, and I can't get our own CAP to appear in the teambuilding screen, and in fact the old CAP pokemon continue to appear despite being mostly removed from my own files.
Teambuilder data is loaded from the client, not from the server.
Therefore, if you want to edit the Pokémon or the tiers that appear there, you need a custom client. You can find the standard client here https://github.com/Zarel/Pokemon-Showdown-Client, which you will need to modify.

Note that even though the Teambuilder of the standard client is unaware of the customization of your server, users can still use your fakemons by manually editing their team importables.

Last edited:
Client successfully editted with my custom tiers and information, now I'm instead encountering problems when trying to package it.
I'm following the instructions located here, but when I try to compile with NSIS I hit an error at line 80 of pokemonshowdown.nsi

The error is caused by a missing file icudt.dll

If I change pokemonshowdown.nsi to instead point at an unused icudtl.dat file in both references to the missing file, my installer is compiled.. but what it installs is not my modified client [with client-teambuilder.js changes], but instead pulls all of its client data from showdown.com when run.

Client successfully editted with my custom tiers and information, now I'm instead encountering problems when trying to package it.
I'm following the instructions located here, but when I try to compile with NSIS I hit an error at line 80 of pokemonshowdown.nsi

The error is caused by a missing file icudt.dll

If I change pokemonshowdown.nsi to instead point at an unused icudtl.dat file in both references to the missing file, my installer is compiled.. but what it installs is not my modified client [with client-teambuilder.js changes], but instead pulls all of its client data from showdown.com when run.
The desktop client does not support third party servers / custom clients. Also I wouldn't recommend distributing it as people normally don't trust a random executable.

I am afraid you are on your own for the rest.

The desktop client does not support third party servers / custom clients. Also I wouldn't recommend distributing it as people normally don't trust a random executable.

I am afraid you are on your own for the rest.
Thanks for the info, we've found a bootlegged way to make it work at least - although it saddens me to learn I can't improve upon what we have by much.

Amaluna

Somewhere between relatable and psychotic
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Why does /dt Ohmagod show Plasmanta? What's the joke? I don't get it.

Showdown runs in any of these browsers (in order of preference)
  • Chrome
  • Firefox
  • Safari
  • Chrome/Firefox/Safari for various mobile devices
  • Opera
  • Firefox for Android
  • IE9+
If xBox 360 has one of these, then yes. Otherwise, no.

ie9 on xbox 360 but everytime it loads up it says. "you have been disconnected - possibly because the server has restarted". how do i fix this? cookies are enabled!

Will we keep our Elo Rank from the ORaS OU ladder as the main OU ladder changes from XY to ORaS? (Presumably after ORaS release) Or, will we all restart at 1000?

Samtendo09

Ability: Light Power
is a Pre-Contributor
What is the text format for importing a team? I wanted to use a Teambuilder but my IPod won't let my do it. Don't worry, I don't played every Metagames yet but since I have no teams, I can only play RandBats and Challenge Cups. Wouldn't anyone please give me the correct and complete Pokémon format?

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
What is the text format for importing a team? I wanted to use a Teambuilder but my IPod won't let my do it. Don't worry, I don't played every Metagames yet but since I have no teams, I can only play RandBats and Challenge Cups. Wouldn't anyone please give me the correct and complete Pokémon format?
Pikachu @ Light Ball
Ability: Static
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 SAtk
Naive Nature
- Volt Tackle
- ExtremeSpeed
- Brick Break
- Hidden Power [Ice]

This is just an example set, obviously (I'm not sure it's even that good of a Pikachu set). If you want to add another, just add another line after the last move, like so:
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Ursaring @ Flame Orb

Samtendo09

Ability: Light Power
is a Pre-Contributor
Pikachu @ Light Ball
Ability: Static
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 SAtk
Naive Nature
- Volt Tackle
- ExtremeSpeed
- Brick Break
- Hidden Power [Ice]

This is just an example set, obviously (I'm not sure it's even that good of a Pikachu set). If you want to add another, just add another line after the last move, like so:
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Ursaring @ Flame Orb
Swell thanks a lot Pikachuun. I hope to build a mighty team or two in OU, and anyone who thinks that my teams have just OU would be surprised as I varied things up a little! :)

Why in ORAS Doubles is there no sleep clause? Darkrai and Amoongus nearly destroyed me with constant spores and dark voids
Not sure what you were playing, dark void is banned, but there's no sleep clause in any doubles because sleep is easier to play around with follow me safety goggles, grass types, and the partner can take out the sleep inducer which is something you can't do in singles.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Not sure what you were playing, dark void is banned, but there's no sleep clause in any doubles because sleep is easier to play around with follow me safety goggles, grass types, and the partner can take out the sleep inducer which is something you can't do in singles.
Joim you didn't accidentally allow Dark Void did you...?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)