Ask A Simple Question, Get A Simple Answer - PS! Edition (please read before posting a thread)

Windsong

in you a star is born
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hi, I laddered extensively under the alt "till i collapse" circa ~2013 and used it as my main suspect alt for uu/ru/ubers tests. I tried to log into it for the first time in several years last ru suspect round, but received the following message:

Screen Shot 2018-01-23 at 11.48.55 PM.png

I'm not quite sure what it means; idk if old/inactive alts are archived, but if I could get the username back that'd be fantastic :blobthumbsup:

e: thank you friend!!

Last edited:
Hi, I laddered extensively under the alt "till i collapse" circa ~2013 and used it as my main suspect alt for uu/ru/ubers tests. I tried to log into it for the first time in several years last ru suspect round, but received the following message:

I'm not quite sure what it means; idk if old/inactive alts are archived, but if I could get the username back that'd be fantastic :blobthumbsup:
That means the account has been disabled, you will have to make an admin request in order to reclaim it.

Faime

Banned deucer.
Hello, I was wondering if it's possible to obtain a name on Showdown if the account has been inactive for years? I've always gone by this name, but unfortunately it's taken. They haven't been on in about 5 years.

Being able to view roomlogs would make roomauth promotions a lot easier since we'll be able to check activity levels and such, so why is it restricted to global + and up?

Sondero

Don't you dare say you'd rather lose!
is a Smogon Social Media Contributor
Just got suspended from talking, how long does this last?
Depends on what you mean by suspended from talking. If you were muted in a room, it should say how long the mute lasts when you were muted, that is either 7 minutes or an hour. If you were locked from talking anywhere, I recommend checking back in a week if you don't feel the lock was unjustified. If you were Permanently locked, you'll have to appeal the lock manually.

Hi there,

I've been playing Ultra Sinnoh Classic on Showdown using Rampardos, and one of the moves I have on him is Rock Polish. Since I've EV-ed his Speed stat to be 101 when unboosted, a Rock Polish should allow him to outspeed any unboosted 130 Speed Pokemon. But as you can see in the replay, the Garchomp outspeeds my boosted Rampardos despite this.

I know it is possible that the Garchomp is Scarfed, but my Rampardos has been getting outsped by Garchomps in other matches that were not Scarfed or under Tailwind (I don't have the replays now, but I will post one here when I find one). Is this a bug? Or am I missing something about Rock Polish?

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ultrasinnohclassic-702345863

EDIT: Here is another replay where I got outsped by a Banded Garchomp after Rock Polish. You can tell the Garchomp is banded because my Azelf outspeeds it.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ultrasinnohclassic-702369445

Last edited:
I'm aware that PS has an API for battles, but is there one for the teambuilder? Like if someone were to hypothetically mod PO so that it automatically saved teams to PS as well as a local folder would that be possible?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 7, Guests: 3)