Ask A Simple Question, Get A Simple Answer - PS! Edition (please read before posting a thread)

I want to play Showdown, but I want to play it casually. Like I want to use a team using Umbreon, Darkrai, Lycanroc (Miday), Incenaroar, Mega-Latias, and Mega-Sceptile. The same for items and moves. I don't care about going up, and won't go into any tournaments.

Can I play like this, or should I not even bother?

Tiksi

be of good cheer : )
is a Battle Server Moderator
You won’t be able to to trigger both megas in one battle unless you’re playing like Custom Game, but besides that, go right ahead! The starting part of the Anything Goes ladder has a lot of casual teams/players like the kind you’re looking for, and there’s no pressure to keep rising unless you want to.

If you’re okay with dropping Darkrai for another member, you can play OU matches with that team and not have to worry about the Arceus/Mega Rayquaza teams, but do what you find most fun tbh.

hi. I was wondering why it was that we allowed certain illegal moves in randbats and other weird stuff like female ash greninja. I can understand why unreleased Pokémon would be added, but I thought it was our job to cater to mechanics unless necessary, and thus we don’t allow illegal egg moves in other formats like ou, so I’m trying to understand the reasoning.

not sure if this is right thread, but since a lot of randbats stuff are in this subforum I’m asking here.

Kalalokki

mobilizing for the war on christmas
is a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator
hi. I was wondering why it was that we allowed certain illegal moves in randbats and other weird stuff like female ash greninja. I can understand why unreleased Pokémon would be added, but I thought it was our job to cater to mechanics unless necessary, and thus we don’t allow illegal egg moves in other formats like ou, so I’m trying to understand the reasoning.

not sure if this is right thread, but since a lot of randbats stuff are in this subforum I’m asking here.
It doesn't allow illegal moves per say, only disregards any legalities about move/ability/whatever combinations that are present in other formats. As for the reason I'd say it's because it's easier to do it that way code wise and because it's a more relaxed metagame in general, The Immortal runs it so he can explain better otherwise.

The Immortal

They Don't Want None
is a member of the Site Staffis a Battle Server Administratoris a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Live Chat Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Other Metas Leader
Random Battle is basically a random set of moves from a list of viable ones. In a such a concept, it wouldn’t really work well if illegalities where taken into account. Off course, by illegalities I mean combinations of moves and not stuff Pokemon don’t actually learn. There might be a rare case of move + ability but we try to not include those moves, like for example Weather Ball Venusaur was an event move and restricted to one ability; we didn’t put it in Random Battle.

As for female Ash-Greninja, that shouldn’t be happening.

What does the left star-rank mean? I know that the right one is automatically given to players in their battles.
View attachment 104579
Its a room rank from the other metagames room (possibly others too but ive never seen it elsewhere). Its similar to voice, with a few extra addons like higher listing on the userlist but also misses a few commands.

Hi, I have noticed that the back sprite of Scizor in DPP appears to be broken. I went to the report bugs thread, but it doesnt handle problems with the sprites, and the sprites thread is only for 3d models. I'm not sure where to post about it, and for the time being I'm posting about it here and if somebody links me the correct thread where i can post this, I'll post it there.
Replays- https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen4ou-719688185
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen4ou-719689756
but the sprite doesnt seem broken when the Scizor has a nickname
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen4ou-719689553

When a Zoroark dies after having revealed any number of it's moves, the pokemon it was illusioning as will still have Zoroark's moves in it's 'known' section on hover.

In this screenshot you can see Zoroark is dead, and it was acting as Greninja when it was on the field. Shouldn't the tooltip update to show only gren's move (hydro pump) after Zoroark is gone, since we know it wasn't a greninja?

Screen Shot 2018-03-20 at 9.42.11 PM.png

The bug thread says don't post about zoroark haha so I posted here. Maybe this is intentional though.

How would I go about including <audio controls> in my roomintro HTML? I was told that doing so kinda requires rewriting the intro (which I frankly don't feel like doing) and that javascript would be needed, though I thought roomintros don't support js. I'm asking because a while ago The Happy Place had audio in their intro, and i figured that'd be a fit my room perfectly. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)