Ask A Simple Question, Get A Simple Answer - PS! Edition (please read before posting a thread)

Same browser as the one I use to play on Showdown. Make sure you're logged under that specific username on Pokémon Showdown (http://psim.us/). Only usernames involved in the battle can see private replays
I have a question: Is it the same if I play on the Showdown I downloaded for my pc? (I downloaded it from this link https://pokemonshowdown.com/autodownload/win . It's the one that pops after you click the Install (Windows) )

Lionyx

superior entity
is a Pre-Contributor
I have a question: Is it the same if I play on the Showdown I downloaded for my pc? (I downloaded it from this link https://pokemonshowdown.com/autodownload/win . It's the one that pops after you click the Install (Windows) )
No, as I said you need to connect from the browser you'll use the replays site in (say you use Firefox, then you'll need to log into your PS account from Firefox and then go to the replays site to view the private replays of that account)

No, as I said you need to connect from the browser you'll use the replays site in (say you use Firefox, then you'll need to log into your PS account from Firefox and then go to the replays site to view the private replays of that account)
Ohhh true! I get it
Thank you!:] and sorry for bothering this much!

Does anyone know how Random Battle teams are chosen/matched? Normally I find the teams are quite even, but I just had a match against multiple Ubers, when my time was barely RU.

Does anyone know how Random Battle teams are chosen/matched? Normally I find the teams are quite even, but I just had a match against multiple Ubers, when my time was barely RU.
The generator tries to avoid generating too many Ubers but it only reduces the chance of 3 or more Ubers by 80%, so it's still mathematically possible.

Dunno how often this gets brought up, but is there a reason why the new USUM mons (Necrozma forms and new UBs) don't have their cries on Showdown yet? Games have been out for close to half a year, so I'm really curious.

Ceteris Paribus

This is Basic Thuganomics
is a Pre-Contributor
Is about 1400 Elo good for Gen7 Ubers?
If you're looking for a measure of skill ELO isn't the right way to look at it so we couldn't really give you an answer. However, if you look at your GXE/Glicko which tells you the percentage rate of your win chance against someone else on the ladder then that is a better way to measure your skill. I'd say roughly around 80%+ GXE shows that you're a decent enough in the said tier, this can vary though.

Is there a way to enable notifications (for PMs/highlights) for the downloaded version of PS? I'm on mac and for most apps it's done by clicking preferences, but I can't for PS.

I'm curious...

PS! allows posting in chatrooms without registration and without going through a captcha.

On my intuition, such a situation would be an open invitation for spambots advertising shady weight loss pills.

Yet this is not the case. The help chatroom is not being spammed with those.

How? Does PS! take additional invisible anti-bot measures, or are bots simply too stupid to (a) choose a name (b) enter the chatroom (c) spam?

Kalalokki

drowning in work
is a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator
I'm curious...

PS! allows posting in chatrooms without registration and without going through a captcha.

On my intuition, such a situation would be an open invitation for spambots advertising shady weight loss pills.

Yet this is not the case. The help chatroom is not being spammed with those.

How? Does PS! take additional invisible anti-bot measures, or are bots simply too stupid to (a) choose a name (b) enter the chatroom (c) spam?
Most ways for bots to connect to PS are blocked automatically

So i asked this a while ago and it went unanswered, so i figured i ask again. How would i go about using <audiocontrols> in my roomintro? I've tried multiple times and i'm having trouble getting it to work. Idk if it's a Chrome thing or what but a long time ago The Happy Place had audio in there which i thought was p cool. It'd be perfect for my room, so if anyone can help me please that would be very, very much appreciated.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)