Ask A Simple Question, Get A Simple Answer - PS! Edition (please read before posting a thread)

Is there a pokemon showdown tour command to unban+allow an unreleased pokemon in a room tour? Zeraora is being released next month and I'd love to get users used to playing with / against it.

either "/tour rules +Zeraora" or "/tour removedclause Unreleased" should do it
The tour removedclause unreleased is a last resort since that means I have to reban everything else including eternal floette and all unreleased items. I got the tournament to accept Zeraora but I can't get it to also accept plasma fists "This move is unreleased" even with the /tour rules +Zeraora, +Plasma Fists in place.

Was a coding issue with unreleased moves in the tournament, I had to do a workaround using unban unreleased but I got it all. Cheers

Last edited:
Heya guys,

I remember a time when it was able to see alot of Pokemon Teams on Showdown. Most people also proofed the peak of the team. It was a site, where one could post his peaked team and others could easily copy the team. Is this site still available? If not, why is the site gone?

Thanks alot,

Cheers Florian

Heya HoeenHero, nope it was a site on showdown with teams which have been already peaked..

The page was callend "pokemon showdown teams", it is deleted but with archive.is one can get the site untill january... Why was the site deleted?

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Server Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmer
Community Leader
Heya HoeenHero, nope it was a site on showdown with teams which have been already peaked..

The page was callend "pokemon showdown teams", it is deleted but with archive.is one can get the site untill january... Why was the site deleted?
I'm not sure, we (pokemon showdown) didn't run it, so I assume whoever was running it shut it down.

I was looking for the image files for the Screens, Hazards, Terrains and Weathers (As in, the images that show up on the field in Showdown after the effects are set up). I looked through the Sprite Index but couldn't find it. Does anyone have any idea where they can be found?

I was looking for the image files for the Screens, Hazards, Terrains and Weathers (As in, the images that show up on the field in Showdown after the effects are set up). I looked through the Sprite Index but couldn't find it. Does anyone have any idea where they can be found?
I believe those are programmed in as particles, not as an image unto itself.
the code for them should be on PS’s Github though (use /git on ps to get there)

I've always wondered, why don't we disable random critical hits? This is competitive after all, and the less rng, the better. Removing crits would save a lot of salt without affecting the metas too much, unlike things like scald which is a super important part of VGC.

Sondero

Don't you dare say you'd rather lose!
is a Smogon Social Media Contributor
I've always wondered, why don't we disable random critical hits? This is competitive after all, and the less rng, the better. Removing crits would save a lot of salt without affecting the metas too much, unlike things like scald which is a super important part of VGC.
Pokemon Showdown aims to simulate Pokemon battles on 3DS. There it's not possible to disable them either.

But there are some good reasons as to why we have critical hits, it doesn't just cause salt, it also lessens the power of setup sweepers. For example, Sigilyph could set up Cosmic Power to +6 if it just got the right oppurtunity to set up and it would be almost impossible to KO without the chance of crits or some very specific check to it.

Recently I tried ignoring a user on Pokemon Showdown because they were being particularly rude, but when I rejoined the chat later they were un-ignored. Is this intentional and is there a way to permanently ignore a player? If it is intentional, may I suggest that ignores be permanent?
This is an intentional feature, not a bug - ignores only last until you refresh. there are no permanent ignores, and I believe that has been suggested and denied already :[

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)