Ask simple questions here! [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

Is it just a dump though?
It's not quite a dump, because it includes moves available from freely switchable formes, events, and also some egg moves that were too tricky to handle otherwise. And of course it's in PS! format rather than in-game format.
It seems to me that it contains almost everything already except maybe some egg moves (?)
Actually the main thing that's missing from the learnsets is moves from previous evolutions; those are checked in a loop in the validator.
The thing is, this code may not catch all possible combinations, or return false positives, since it uses heuristics to lighten the CPU load, as this becomes quite heavy.
The big issue is egg moves, since you have to find a father who can legitimately learn all of the egg moves at the same time.
if you end up doing your own /ds and that you take into account some of what was said above I'd be very happy to see it :).
No chance; I'm still trying to work out how to teach the validator that it can't combine an event move with a move from a previous evolution...

So if you end up doing your own /ds and that you take into account some of what was said above I'd be very happy to see it :). If you do plan to realease it publicly, where would it be? Do you have a GitHub page?
No chance; I'm still trying to figure out how to use GitHub. Though if you check my forum signature next week then you might see a link to a partially done one.
Okay the next question is serious.
Well, learnset validation is tricky, so I've probably missed something, but a Pokémon can learn a given move if:
  • It can learn the move by using the move Sketch
  • It's an alternate forme of a Pokémon that can learn the move (except for alternate formes have already their own movesets, except Rotom, which uses both movesets)
  • It's an evolution of a Pokémon that can learn the move
  • It learned the move in a previous generation and can legally be transferred with the move (some moves cannot be transferred, and some Pokémon will have the wrong Ability after being transferred)
  • It already learned the move by level up (or by the Move Relearner in Gen 7, or by its mother of the same species learning the move, or by the Pomeg Glitch in Gen 3)
  • It can learn the move by TM, HM or Move Tutor
  • It can learn the move from being caught in the Dream World, or being transferred from the Virtual Console, or from a distribution event, or from being hatched with a compatible father that knew the move (only one such for all moves in its set).
Everything in italics isn't already accounted for by learnsets.js and has to be added or accounted for separately, and everything not in italics is stored in learnsets.js. Is that right?

Thanks a lot for your replies, that made things clearer :). Now I also understood the same things as sumwun's last post about learnset.js, so if you confirm, we'll be all good!

No chance; I'm still trying to work out how to teach the validator that it can't combine an event move with a move from a previous evolution...
So I take it that this is not currently implemented in the validator, right? What else is not working except some false positives Egg moves, and some combination of Egg moves missing in the validator then? I'm asking, since as I said I'm also trying to build a complete validator, based on what already exists.

Finally: no comment about PKHeX's system, and some possible use of their database/way of doing stuff/collaboration?

Everything in italics isn't already accounted for by learnsets.js and has to be added or accounted for separately, and everything not in italics is stored in learnsets.js. Is that right?
I think that's right, except I missed a case, and that's for LC in Gen 6 or earlier (in Gen 7 you just use the Move Relearner) where if the Pokémon's mother knows the move then the Pokémon can be hatched with a move it would normally have to level up to learn.
So I take it that this is not currently implemented in the validator, right? What else is not working except some false positives Egg moves, and some combination of Egg moves missing in the validator then? I'm asking, since as I said I'm also trying to build a complete validator, based on what already exists.
There's no prevo/past gen check, correct. For Egg moves, I know it doesn't always correctly determine whether there's an available father, but unfortunately I don't know the details.
Finally: no comment about PKHeX's system, and some possible use of their database/way of doing stuff/collaboration?
Sorry, I've not had the chance to look.

Is there a way to enable notifications (for PMs/highlights) for the downloaded version of PS? I'm on mac and for most apps it's done by clicking preferences, but I can't for PS.
Fixed by deleting and reinstalling, I guess I was using an outdated version or something.

Hey, so I know its probably low priority, but I've noticed you've added some fake Pokemon to the game. Seeing as you've done this, any plans to add the cut Pokémon from the Pokémon Gold and Silver 1997 beta that was just leaked? I think it would be pretty neat, perhaps the community could come up with move sets and stats for them?

I'd like to know how many games are played each month for randomized metas (mainly gen1)

Since the usage stats were removed, I can't find what I'm looking for anywhere :(

Hecate

Be the serpent under't
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmer
PS Admin
Hey, so I know its probably low priority, but I've noticed you've added some fake Pokemon to the game. Seeing as you've done this, any plans to add the cut Pokémon from the Pokémon Gold and Silver 1997 beta that was just leaked? I think it would be pretty neat, perhaps the community could come up with move sets and stats for them?
There are not plans for this, as far as I know, as they were not in the main series games or usable on wifi, just in the demo. And those fake Pokémon are from the CAP Project, which is a smogon project unrelated to this. They were added for different reasons.

How long do replays last for? I was trying to get replays for OU Creative/underrated sets, and the replay I got is not enough to demonstrate the set's primary role. I want to get a replay for that, but I want to make sure the one I have will last until then.

Hecate

Be the serpent under't
PS Admin
How long do replays last for? I was trying to get replays for OU Creative/underrated sets, and the replay I got is not enough to demonstrate the set's primary role. I want to get a replay for that, but I want to make sure the one I have will last until then.
as long as you save them with the "save replay" button or the /savereplay command, they'll last forever
unless something happens that wrecks the replay site, or something like that.
otherwise, the battle room will expire after 15 min of inactivity.

I'm a complete noob at Pokémon Showdown is there any good guides out there you can recommend me. (Stuff like stat creation and stuff)

Hecate

Be the serpent under't
PS Admin
I'm a complete noob at Pokémon Showdown is there any good guides out there you can recommend me. (Stuff like stat creation and stuff)
Here's a link to an intro to showdown, and the Competitive Tutoring room can assist you with teambuilding tips.
additionally, the various tier rooms have introductions and the users there can also assist you.
The tier forums can too.

Is there a pokemon showdown tour command to unban+allow an unreleased pokemon in a room tour? Zeraora is being released next month and I'd love to get users used to playing with / against it.

Hecate

Be the serpent under't
PS Admin
Is there a pokemon showdown tour command to unban+allow an unreleased pokemon in a room tour? Zeraora is being released next month and I'd love to get users used to playing with / against it.
either "/tour rules +Zeraora" or "/tour removedclause Unreleased" should do it

either "/tour rules +Zeraora" or "/tour removedclause Unreleased" should do it
The tour removedclause unreleased is a last resort since that means I have to reban everything else including eternal floette and all unreleased items. I got the tournament to accept Zeraora but I can't get it to also accept plasma fists "This move is unreleased" even with the /tour rules +Zeraora, +Plasma Fists in place.

Was a coding issue with unreleased moves in the tournament, I had to do a workaround using unban unreleased but I got it all. Cheers

Last edited:
Heya guys,

I remember a time when it was able to see alot of Pokemon Teams on Showdown. Most people also proofed the peak of the team. It was a site, where one could post his peaked team and others could easily copy the team. Is this site still available? If not, why is the site gone?

Thanks alot,

Cheers Florian

Heya HoeenHero, nope it was a site on showdown with teams which have been already peaked..

The page was callend "pokemon showdown teams", it is deleted but with archive.is one can get the site untill january... Why was the site deleted?

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Heya HoeenHero, nope it was a site on showdown with teams which have been already peaked..

The page was callend "pokemon showdown teams", it is deleted but with archive.is one can get the site untill january... Why was the site deleted?
I'm not sure, we (pokemon showdown) didn't run it, so I assume whoever was running it shut it down.

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
I was looking for the image files for the Screens, Hazards, Terrains and Weathers (As in, the images that show up on the field in Showdown after the effects are set up). I looked through the Sprite Index but couldn't find it. Does anyone have any idea where they can be found?

Hecate

Be the serpent under't
PS Admin
I was looking for the image files for the Screens, Hazards, Terrains and Weathers (As in, the images that show up on the field in Showdown after the effects are set up). I looked through the Sprite Index but couldn't find it. Does anyone have any idea where they can be found?
I believe those are programmed in as particles, not as an image unto itself.
the code for them should be on PS’s Github though (use /git on ps to get there)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)