Ask simple questions here! [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

Hey!

I just joined PS chat for the first time and get this:

"Due to spam from your internet provider, you can't speak except to staff. Logging into an account you've used a lot in the past will allow you to chat. "

I've never joined before or said anything. What can i do? I registered the name Bug Catcher Isaac

I couldn't find a better place to ask this, so here goes. As I'm sure every other eager fan does, I've been working on a pet mod, where I am having trouble with the graphical side. Does anybody know how they handle the sprites for Mix and Mega? I'm doing something similar (no new sprites involved) and I could only find spriteid in dex-data.js which I have been unable to successfully modify. Is that possible, whether it be through the deepClone used for Mix and Mega or a simpler option I'm overlooking?

When I attempt to access my private replays, I realised that saving a new replay will cause one of my older replays to not be viewable in the private tab, so I will not be able to access anything more than my past 50 games that I hid room with unless I have the link. Is there a way to view more than just my past 50 hidden replays without me having to save the link? Also, public games that are older than my past 50 hidden games are viewable in the private tab, is this a bug?

Okay I get the moderated chat system but I don't get the chat block on new accounts (had to make a new one on showdown because I couldn't remember the info for the old one)
Why does the moderated chat block new accounts from using the chat rooms?

Kirkburn

Banned deucer.
I kinda stumbled upon the Showdown server by accident just now and decided to register. But apparently I'm not allowed to talk until I have won a Ladder battle. I can start a random battle but how do I start a Ladder battle?

Hecate

Be the serpent under't
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmer
PS Admin
I kinda stumbled upon the Showdown server by accident just now and decided to register. But apparently I'm not allowed to talk until I have won a Ladder battle. I can start a random battle but how do I start a Ladder battle?
A ladder battle is any battle started with the Battle! button, except for when it’s set to unrated random battles. Just set it to any tier besides than and win one to have fufilled that part of the requirement.

Is it possible to have a disabled account made open again? (ie I've wanted the account "Atmosphere" for awhile on sd, but it was disabled for some reason so I can't register it)

Lionyx

is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Is it possible to have a disabled account made open again? (ie I've wanted the account "Atmosphere" for awhile on sd, but it was disabled for some reason so I can't register it)
You can only get a disabled username if you're a badgeholder on Smogon (with some conditions) or a global staff member/contributor on PS (with conditions as well).

Just wanted to ask for how long a replay will be saved? Forever?!
They should be saved as long as someone doesn't mess with the replay server. I have 5 year old replays that I can still view.
If you were to EVER put MINUN into a singles 6v6, how would you build him? :( plz help
I don't think this is the place for competitive battling discussion. Try asking in the SQSA threads in the Smogon Competitive Forums.

By any chance can this database include leveling rates (or growth rates or experience types or whatever they're called)?

This question will probably be brushed off, but is there a thread or other method to request Global Voice status? I'm not asking to be a staff member. My Showdown account is "eddy22" and I have been playing since 2012. I never made an account on these forums until now, but I've been active on Showdown since 2012 and often get in groupchats or battles where modchat gets set to +, and get no response from messaging the room owners. I have never been warned/muted/committed any infractions.

Any pointers would be appreciated. Thank you!

Last edited:

Hecate

Be the serpent under't
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmer
PS Admin
This question will probably be brushed off, but is there a thread or other method to request Global Voice status? I'm not asking to be a staff member. My Showdown account is "eddy22" and I have been playing since 2012. I never made an account on these forums until now, but I've been active on Showdown since 2012 and often get in groupchats or battles where modchat gets set to +, and get no response from messaging the room owners. I have never been warned/muted/committed any infractions.

Any pointers would be appreciated. Thank you!
no, there is not - you have to earn said rank, see this to see how to earn it

Hey i have a question, why the fuck are ultra beast in ou when they are broken af? It makes no sense. Celesteela can wall literally anything. Blache has an insane typing. Wtf smogon

Oh they are definitely broken. Its makes it not even fun having to design a team to be prepared for them. Especially in showdown. Might just stick to UU but ty
You'll have to go down to PU to find a tier where Ultra Beasts aren't legal, thanks to the awfulness that is Guzzlord. (And if you want to get technical, you'd actually have to go to LC, because of Poipole)

You'll have to go down to PU to find a tier where Ultra Beasts aren't legal, thanks to the awfulness that is Guzzlord. (And if you want to get technical, you'd actually have to go to LC, because of Poipole)
Nah everything has a weakness. But the ultra beast especially steela take the fun away. Any tier is better then dealing with that shit

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 3)