Media Attack on Titan (final season coming!)

138+139
I feel like there's so much stuff that 139 needs to cover, hoping it's longer than the other chapters. Also is it just me or was Mikasa kissing Eren weird, ik they're not actual siblings but they still are kinda step-siblings and I just didn't get that at all[/spoiler]

I felt disappointed with the ending at first but I feel like it was fine after some reflection

In the end, eren was a tragic character who was just a slave to his own fate, and he knew this the whole time. The Mikasa-Ymir parallel makes sense but felt like a stretch to me to be honest, but at least the toxic love similarity is there.

I do wish we knew what eren said to his father to make him hand over the attack titan and founder in the first place, but I guess there’s nobody else grisha could have given those powers over to anyways, and maybe he simply knew eren would inherit them and played into his own fate like eren did.

I thought the ending was satisfying but the entire last arc felt rushed. I wish the alliance forming, the battle, and the resolution all had more fleshing out.

With Kruger saying the thing about saving mikasa and armin, at least the ending doesn’t feel random. Historia’s baby was left as a red herring but eren’s goal of only saving those closest to him makes sense given his pre-timeskip character.

I think an AnR ending would have been most fun, but considering what isayama said about making the ending more palatable, this works for me too.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
“I am free. Everything I choose to do from this point, I do of my own volition.”

Proceeds to live the only life possible to keep his promises to the women in his life.

Isayama throwing in one more Universal human truth there :psysly:

Mikasa=Protected by hero status
Historia=Saved from being Eaten
Ymir=Freed

I think perfect illustration of the free man. xDDDD

leaks for new pages make it seem like isayama's new ending might have been what he meant by wanting to "destroy the reader"

if power of titans still remains (and it looks like someone is going to receive them), then it'll just start a new era of titans, conflicts, etc and mean that everything eren did was for nothing outside of his friends living their lives til old age...

i don't know the significance or context of fritz dying to the spear... will need to see the chapter to see if the past was actually different from what was presented to us or if it's just what "should" have happened

supposedly leakers refuse to spoil the last page of the manga so i guess we'll see why whenever it's released

these changes really aren't what i expected at all but looking forward to reading the revision either way.

You guys think the last part will follow the manga closely?

Because I'll be frank, I won't watch it if it follows the ending of the manga. I thought the ending was genuinely the worst way Isayama could've ended the story. If they wanted to really fix things, they would've started on it by about the middle of the last season, but I am still on copium for an AoE ending

Because I'll be frank, I won't watch it if it follows the ending of the manga. I thought the ending was genuinely the worst way Isayama could've ended the story. If they wanted to really fix things, they would've started on it by about the middle of the last season, but I am still on copium for an AoE ending
I agree the manga ending was bad hopefully there is something extra to the anime version.

Posho

local gaymer weeb
is a Tiering Contributoris the Smogon Tour Season 23 Championis a Past SCL Champion
it's been doing that throughout the whole season.

the ending is fine. it's okay to not like it, but I think the way the story concluded was good. it can be fleshed out, yes, but i swear to god people made such a big fuzz about it for nothing.

edit: the extra pages made it better and i'm sure the anime community will receive it well

they will probably make minor tweaks in terms of fleshing out things more and setting a better pace, but i doubt anything fundamental changes. i don't think the ending was perfect, but i thought it was sensible and fit characterizations fairly well honestly. i think some manga fans just got overly attached to (admittedly creative/fun) theories and were disappointed when they didn't pan out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)