Media Attack on Titan (final season coming!)

New World Order

Licks Toads
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
They kind of have to cover all the little details in the manga though. Many seemingly insignificant things turn out to be important foreshadowing tools.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
it's still frustrating when you're waiting a week between eps.
The manga is exactly like this too. If you can't stand the way this story is told... well, it doesn't really pick up. Even after major reveals, we still end up not knowing a whole lot; and the main characters frequently end up with huge set-backs to their cause too-- adding to the frustration. (see: titans captured getting killed mysteriously without catching the perpetrator; this kind of shit continues to happen a lot)

And hell, we manga readers are waiting between months (watching the anime weekly helps me get through the month actually, lol).

I prefer this over stories that basically flood you with information for the writers' false sense of talent.

Though maybe the story in itself isn't exceptional here, thinking about it. Must be the animation, voice acting and soundtrack that hooks you in.

So I only read the manga but I'd enjoy some discussion (there's a lot of stuff that goes on and such). Can somebody give me a general idea of where the anime is up to so I can avoid spoiling anything after that?

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I predict the female titan to be the blond girl with a big hawk nose - she decided to join the military police brigade iirc

Annie Leonhardt!

@Faint - teehee :D:D:D

Last edited:
Honestly, once you get the "confirmation" as it were about the armoured/colossal/female titans being human shifters, it becomes pretty obvious who they all are. Could've put it down to coincidence before the last few episodes, considering Eren's titan form looks basically nothing like him, but now... not so much. Kind of takes the fun out of it, really.

Edit: Actually come to think about it, I had a question to ask. Why on earth did the thing Armin said about Jean needing to take revenge because she killed someone make the female titan stop? I thought maybe he was referring to Eren to throw her off but... that doesn't make sense considering she basically already knows she didn't kill him. What's up with that? She suddenly realised, "oh hey when you smash people into the ground, they die and that's bad"? Can someone explain it or is there nothing much to it?

Last edited:

Pocket

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
episode 9 was messed up - Erin & co are pretty much exiled now -_-;; I am guessing they will team up with elite recon and reclaim the third wall. It would be kind of dumb if more people got their hands on the transformation serum, and the anime end up being about a team of human titans...
Seems like my fear is coming true D;

Biosci

Danger!?
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnuswon the 3rd Smogon VGC Tournamentis a Past SCL Champion
Edit: Actually come to think about it, I had a question to ask. Why on earth did the thing Armin said about Jean needing to take revenge because she killed someone make the female titan stop? I thought maybe he was referring to Eren to throw her off but... that doesn't make sense considering she basically already knows she didn't kill him. What's up with that? She suddenly realised, "oh hey when you smash people into the ground, they die and that's bad"? Can someone explain it or is there nothing much to it?
I'm pretty sure in the titan state she has like fuzzy vision or something like if from what the manga said somewhere iirc so she could've mistakenly killed Eren if he charged at her like many of the other soldiers who charged at her. She probably stopped there for a second thinking "wait, were any of those people Eren?" "Nope guess not, oh here comes someone else" If you noticed she didn't even take a second look at killing Armin's squad leader(the name is escaping me right now). She probably just second guessed her own memory, allowing Jean to escape.

I'm pretty sure in the titan state she has like fuzzy vision or something like if from what the manga said somewhere iirc so she could've mistakenly killed Eren if he charged at her like many of the other soldiers who charged at her. She probably stopped there for a second thinking "wait, were any of those people Eren?" "Nope guess not, oh here comes someone else" If you noticed she didn't even take a second look at killing Armin's squad leader(the name is escaping me right now). She probably just second guessed her own memory, allowing Jean to escape.
Makes sense, I rewatched ep 17 to check it out since I thought she had looked at both Ness and Sys before killing them, but it looks like she didn't really bother. Plus I guess the vision problem thing is shown when she's looking at Armin's face after pulling back his hood, it does look relatively out of focus/jumpy. Funny how you miss some things when you watch it once but pick up on completely different (and probably more subtle) things instead, ha.

Magistrum

DOITSU NO KAGAKU WA SEKAI ICHI
is a Top Artist Alumnus
Oh didn't know that there was a Shingeki no Kyojin thread! I've been reading it since its early manga chapter releases, and was glad that it gained popularity because of the anime. :)

Speaking of manga, there was a manga that might be a side story of SnK: Attack on Titan: Before the Fall which I think is supposed to show what happened to humanity before the 3D Maneuver Gear was developed. (70 years before main storyline)

New World Order

Licks Toads
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
That was a very powerful episode for manga readers who knew what was going to happen. I'm sure I'm not the only one who's heart sank when Erd went in for the "kill".
Armin had figured out a LOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time ago, as in before the expedition even started, who the female titan was; what you've been seeing the past few episodes is him in denial. He knew that Annie wasn't truly cold and heartless inside (see episode 17) and would hesitate to kill her fellow recruits. Every recruit knew that Jean gave Eren the nickname "deathseeker". Annie was about to smash Jean to the ground and Armin had to come up with something quickly to save him, and him reminding Annie who she was about to kill caused a moment of pause that allowed Jean to escape. It's kind of ironic, Annie's downfall was her humanity overcoming her savagery while in titan form.

Last edited:

Pocket

Soul Fly, I wouldn't be surprised if Mikasa ends up transforming into a titan at this point -_-

Survey Corps got wrecked :(

Redew

κακκῶ σεαυτόν
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I watched the whole anime (well, what has been released so far) this weekend and I must say that this is the best decision I've ever made. AoT is so amazing.

This is anime:
I wonder what would have happened if Eren transformed before the lady Titan killed Levi's squad.

Magistrum

DOITSU NO KAGAKU WA SEKAI ICHI
is a Top Artist Alumnus
I wonder what would have happened if Eren transformed before the lady Titan killed Levi's squad.
Before the trap was sprung: Eren might not have pinned down the female titan without her being wounded. However he might've had a better chance with Levi's squad doing co-op attacks while he keeps the female titan at bay. I think the best time that Eren should've transformed was when the female titan was bound to the traps. He could've chopped her head clean by then and uncovered that the female titan was ----e. :P

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So I made a silly exercise of thinking about the titan's strengths/weaknesses in terms of Pokemon base stats to help me visualize how they compare. Let me know what you guys think (of the stats and stat categories).

As a note, this is only RAW physical titan form abilities-- not a reflection of the shape shifter's skill at abusing the titan's form.

Female Titan:
Endurance: 120
Power: 100 (120 temp hardened)
Defense: 95 (125 temp hardened)
Size: 85
Speed: 110

Armored Titan:
Endurance: 95
Power: 125
Defense: 140
Size: 110
Speed: 85

Colossal Titan:
Endurance: 65
Power: 160
Defense: 85
Size: 200
Speed: 20

Eren:
Endurance: 100
Power: 135
Defense: 85
Size: 95
Speed: 100

Typical 3-5 Meter Class:
Endurance: 90
Power: 50
Defense: 40
Size: 40
Speed: 80

Typical 6-8 Meter Class
Power: 65
Defense: 60
Size: 70
Speed: 82

Typical 9-12 Meter Class
Power: 80
Defense: 75
Size: 90
Speed: 84

Titan not in anime yet:
Ymir:
Endurance: 100
Power: 90
Defense: 75
Size: 65
Speed: 130

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)