SS OU av reuniclus with urshifu

hello everyone! I wanted to share this team with you guys, its an amazing team that revolves around my favorite Pokemon (reuniclus) and it shows how busted urshifu can be. Ill try to explain as best as I can about how this team functions, and every pokmon role in this team. Im not fluent in English so if you spot a mistake please tell me and Ill make sure to change it. anyways hope you enjoy.

here is the poke paste if you want to try this team: https://pokepast.es/e5182b405d0a8538

1602161132254.png

Reuniclus @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 64 Def / 196 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Future Sight
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

reuniclus´s ability to eat special hits and then hit back with 125 spA is nothing to sneeze at, reuniclus main job is to pressure opponents with future sight, then either switch to urshifu or use focus blast on an incoming dark type, with future sight nothing really switches into urshifu, and so they become forced to sack a mon to urshifu. it with pex can be annoying as well with double regen being able to stall some mons such as cm primarina. reuniclus is main job is to make a scenario where urshifu just gets a kill and wall the like of special kuyrem, alakazam, toxtricity and magnezone. all these mon cant 2 ohko reuniclus and reuniclus can, especially with regen making it able to pivot more then once eat the hit and leave, its a great partner to both urshifu and toxapex and overall makes those already busted mons even more busted.

Clefable @ Sticky Barb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 208 Def / 44 SpD / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Trick
- Moonblast
- Stealth Rock

clefable is something thats forced to run in a meta where urshifu destroys everything. I decided to go with the trick set mainly because I have no idea how to use cm clef, and the wish set didnt work well with this team. this set provides sr which is nice and trick helps with my regen core. mainly here to deal with shifu and hawlucha and non orb zera because that mon ruins this team, but to provide some support in terms of trick and sr, i mean its clefable and clefable does what clefable does best.

Toxapex @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 204 Def / 52 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Recover
- Haze

toxapex is a stupidly good mon, with its ridiculous bulk. its a mon thats can cripple opponents and then switch, and not lose much because of regen. it ideally forms a nice unit with reuniclus being able to regen stall certain mons and having the mons its weak to checked by reuniclus is something it appreciates a lot, rocky helmet so I have a way to ¨punish¨ urshifu, and not taking a 50/50 with clefable is nice, its basically here to wear down opponents with toxic and make sure they dont get out of hand with haze, and scald lucky burns have saved me in a bunch of games. overall pex with reuniculs are the main part of this team with pex ability to cripple opponents with toxic and reuniclus ability to add pressure to my opponent with future sight, they both give gengar or urshifu an opportunity to sweep.

1602161194774.png

Urshifu @ Choice Band
Ability: Unseen Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Wicked Blow
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Close Combat

urshifu the most broken pokemon right now, with its 80bp move that always crits and an outstanding 130 attack stat to go along with it. it has forced many teams to run clefable to check it, this mon is simply put powerful, people forgot how insane this mon was when paired up with slowbro after slowbro became unviable, and so I paired it up with reuniculs and it was amazing. its ability to abuse future sight, and force ohkoes on crucial pokemon made the game way harder for my opponent. the item could be changed to scarf but I prefer the power that band gives but scarf is still really good with this mon.

Gengar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Trick
- Sludge Wave
- Shadow Ball

gengar is a fantastic pokemon, and is severally underrated imo, this set has ability to 6-0 stall easily being immune to toxic and immune to seismic toss and taking advantage of the special wall blissey as a way to set up with nasty plot. I find my self often destroying stall with this mon after quag is low on hp, but gengar isnt bad against offense either with scarf u bait pult, or trick scarf to volc or a set up mon, this mon can be an excellent cleaner as well, and provides with incredible speed control. overall an incredible pokemon.

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 104 HP / 252 SpA / 152 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Superpower
- Draco Meteor

this pokemon was originally mandibuzz but decided i wanted something with offensive pressure and also be a check to crawdunt and rillaboom so i changed mandibuzz to a mixed hydreigon. defog because I have no other way of hazard control and roost for longevity, superpower to bait mons such as ttar and blissey and draco metor to one shot rilla/duant, this pokemon has enough speed to outspeed jolly rilla and even tho I use it mostly to defog hazards away, it can also clean some teams.

I hope you enjoyed this thread and please let me know if i made any mistakes in my typing.

counters to this team
zeraora lo is a huge pain to deal with since this team best way to beat it is trying to pivot to gengar but if its the pivot set or special clefable and reuniclus walls it but the lo set is really difficult for this team
volcarona is not as difficult to beat then zera but it can be, u ideally can switch to gengar and trick it or just toxic it with pex and play around if its the safeguard set its easier to just pp stall it so thats nice
lastly azumarill is a huge threat to this team if it comes in on hydreigon if its the belly drum set you have to try and put it in range of sucker punch other ways itll be way too difficult to deal with

the team mainly struggles against azumarill the other 2 i have a way of revenge killing them or in volcs case trick but azu in a particular is a huge threat to the team

252+ SpA Choice Specs Kyurem Ice Beam vs. 248 HP / 196+ SpD Assault Vest Reuniclus: 136-162 (32.1 - 38.2%) -- 96.5% chance to 3HKO
0 SpA Reuniclus Focus Blast vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Kyurem: 226-268 (57.8 - 68.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
228 SpA Life Orb Alakazam Shadow Ball vs. 248 HP / 196+ SpD Assault Vest Reuniclus: 133-156 (31.4 - 36.8%) -- 71.5% chance to 3HKO
0 SpA Reuniclus Shadow Ball vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Alakazam: 146-174 (58.1 - 69.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Punk Rock Toxtricity Boomburst vs. 248 HP / 196+ SpD Assault Vest Reuniclus: 168-198 (39.7 - 46.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
0 SpA Reuniclus Psychic vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Toxtricity: 314-372 (107.9 - 127.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Magnezone Thunderbolt vs. 248 HP / 196+ SpD Assault Vest Reuniclus: 136-162 (32.1 - 38.2%) -- 96.5% chance to 3HKO
0 SpA Reuniclus Focus Blast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Magnezone: 228-270 (81.1 - 96%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Life Orb Urshifu Wicked Blow vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable on a critical hit: 112-133 (28.4 - 33.7%) -- 0.2% chance to 3HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Urshifu Iron Head vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 200-237 (50.7 - 60.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252+ Atk Hawlucha Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 252 HP / 208+ Def Clefable: 286-337 (72.5 - 85.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Zeraora Plasma Fists vs. 252 HP / 208+ Def Clefable: 135-160 (34.2 - 40.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

I honestly forgot what pex ev spread does lol but ive been using it from a while maybe it was for ace or vish

252 Atk Choice Band Urshifu Wicked Blow vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable on a critical hit: 129-153 (32.7 - 38.8%) -- 5.5% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
0 SpA Reuniclus Future Sight vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Clefable: 169-201 (42.8 - 51%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Choice Band Urshifu Wicked Blow vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Weezing-Galar on a critical hit: 93-111 (27.8 - 33.2%) -- 91.4% chance to 4HKO after Black Sludge recovery
0 SpA Reuniclus Future Sight vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Weezing-Galar: 416-492 (124.5 - 147.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Choice Band Urshifu Wicked Blow vs. 252 HP / 120 Def Togekiss on a critical hit: 135-160 (36 - 42.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
0 SpA Reuniclus Future Sight vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Togekiss: 139-165 (37.1 - 44.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

idk what i should calc for gengar sorry

252+ Atk Choice Band Rillaboom Grassy Glide vs. 104 HP / 0 Def Hydreigon in Grassy Terrain: 130-153 (37 - 43.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Hydreigon Draco Meteor vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Rillaboom: 360-425 (105.5 - 124.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Adaptability Crawdaunt Crabhammer vs. 104 HP / 0 Def Hydreigon: 161-190 (45.8 - 54.1%) -- 48% chance to 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Hydreigon Draco Meteor vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Crawdaunt: 434-512 (162.5 - 191.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
0- Atk Life Orb Hydreigon Superpower vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Tyranitar: 385-458 (95.2 - 113.3%) -- 75% chance to OHKO
0- Atk Life Orb Hydreigon Superpower vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Blissey: 382-450 (53.5 - 63%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

anyways thank u for reading this and have an amazing day!

I changed the team a bit here is the final one sorry

Reuniclus @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 Spe
Modest Nature
- Future Sight
- Psychic
- Knock Off
- Focus Blast

Clefable @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 208 Def / 44 SpD / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Knock Off
- Moonblast
- Stealth Rock

Toxapex @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 204 Def / 52 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Recover
- Haze

Urshifu @ Choice Band
Ability: Unseen Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Wicked Blow
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Close Combat

Gengar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Cursed Body
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Trick
- Sludge Wave
- Shadow Ball

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Modest Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Roost
- Flash Cannon
- Draco Meteor

Last edited:

ShootingStarmie

Bulletproof
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hey, here to rate your team.

By the looks of it this is a balanced team that is based around Reuniclus' Future Sight combining with Urshifu's Wicked Blow to break through most defensive cores. A solid defensive core is utilized, and you have great offensive threats too. I think some Pokemon do stick out slightly, and I'm going to try and address some of the threats you pointed out in my recommendations.

Hydreigon sticks out to me. With Urshifu and Gengar already on the team, I'm not sure why you'd pick another wallbreaker, so I think I'd replace this with a better slot. Looking through your threat list, I think SD Rillaboom would suit your team nicely. It acts as a nice cleaner for the holes created by your wallbreakers, and acts as a soft check to Zeraora and Azumarill. For this reason, I'd replace Hydreigon with Rillaboom. If you're looking to go for a more defensive route, you could also try out Amoonguss or Ferrothorn, but I think Rillaboom is the naturally better fit.

Now that the "big change" is out of the way, here are a few small recommendations. Personally I prefer Modest over Timid on Scarf Gengar, but I guess it depends on how often you plan on Tricking it away. Nevertheless, I'd experiment with Modest, as Gengar can sometimes clean up itself. You mention the Toxapex EVs being for Cinderace or Dracovish, both of which aren't OU anymore, so I'd change this to 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD. If you're still having problems with Volcarona you could also possibly experiment with Thunder Wave on Clefable, but these are all options I think you should experiment with.

Nice team! I hope these changes help you in some way. Best of luck with the team :heart:
Rillaboom @ Life Orb
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Grassy Glide
- Knock Off
- Drain Punch

hello! the reason why I picked hydreigon was because this teams was weak to rillaboom and crawdunt at the time, but I changed it to itemless jolly rillaboom so it can be check both of the mons hydreigon originally checked, thank u for the tips! I also liked modest gengar a bit more, thank you a lot for the tips.

Last edited:
Hi,

I'm not a high ladder player or anything, but I tried this team out and it really struggles against entry hazards. There's nothing you can really do if you let them set up stealth rock and 1 or 2 spikes. I don't really have any suggestions, just wanted to point that out.

Hi,

I'm not a high ladder player or anything, but I tried this team out and it really struggles against entry hazards. There's nothing you can really do if you let them set up stealth rock and 1 or 2 spikes. I don't really have any suggestions, just wanted to point that out.
hello sorry for not responding sooner the way I deal with spikes is by applying pressure with future sight and not giving them an opportunity to set up any type of hazards although not efficient at all thats how I dealt with spike stacking. hope this helps

One Key Weakness is Zeroara who can exploit its deep movepool and switch forcing to create havoc - its only counter is scarf gengar who is quite frail and can be killed early game

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)