Awesome & Catchy Title [OU Balanced Team]

The team focuses on a balance of offense and defense centralized around a Gyarados sweep. Tyranitar and Heatran are used to eliminate Gyarados' common threats. The CeleTran combo is the main defensive core of this team since they provide a plethora of resistances together. Residual damage is also a key to this team, using Leech Seed, Toxic, and Tyranitar's Sand Stream to wear down stall teams or Life Orb sweepers.

Swampert (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 240 HP / 212 Def / 52 SAtk / 4 Spd
Nature: Relaxed (+Def, -Spd)
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam
- Stealth Rock
- Protect
---
Swampert is my lead Pokemon and it is one of the best leads I have ever used. It rarely fails to set up Stealth Rock, which is vital to this team because it secures those crucial 2HKOs and OHKOs. Ice Beam has great coverage with Earthquake and it is also useful for picking away at Focus Sash leads, such as Aerodactyl, Infernape, and Azelf. Protect is in the last slot for predicting Explosion from suicide leads, scouting Choice users, and providing a turn of free Leftovers recovery.

The EVs are standard. 240 HP EVs gives 401 total and 52 Sp.Atk EVs guarantees an OHKO on Salamence with Ice Beam after Stealth Rock. 4 EVs are added into Speed to eliminate speed ties with other Swampert leads.

Swampert vs Top 10 Leads (As of May 2009):

Metagross - Most Metagross leads I've encountered are surprisingly predictable when faced with Swampert. They usually Stealth Rock then use Explosion, allowing me to use Protect. If they stay in for whatever reason, they're going to get 2HKO'd by Earthquake.

Azelf - If Azelf has Taunt, I am screwed since it disables Stealth Rock and Protect, meaning after 1 Psychic Swampert will be within Azelf's KO range with Explosion. However, the standard Azelf lead typically doesn't use Taunt so Swampert can break the Focus Sash with Ice Beam and follow up with Stealth Rock. Protect is great for predicting Explosion.

Swampert - My Swampert is EV'd to outspeed the common Swampert lead set so it can usually gain the upperhand, especially since most Swampert do not use Protect for recovery.

Jirachi - Most just U-Turn out, allowing me to set up Stealth Rock and then switch to an appropriate Pokemon.

Aerodactyl - Ice Beam 2HKO's Aerodactyl. However, they usually manage to get Stealth Rock up.

Infernape - Thankfully most don't use Grass Knot when leading so they usually switch out.

Hippowdon - I can always set up Stealth Rock against Hippowdon but they are a pain to take out because of Slack Off.

Ninjask - Quite an annoying lead since I don't have Roar. Thus, it can usually Baton Pass some speed boosts.

Bronzong - I can set up Stealth Rock with ease but can't do much else since Bronzong resists Ice Beam and is immune to Earthquake. I usually just set up rocks and switch to Gyarados.

Tyranitar - Swampert can easily 2HKO with Earthquake and is EV'd so that Tyranitar cannot do the same.

Swampert is a very sturdy and reliable lead that rarely fails to set up Stealth Rock. Unlike suicide leads, Swampert is usually alive after setting up Stealth Rock, making it a decent physical wall for later.

Heatran (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 36 HP / 248 SAtk / 224 Spd
Nature: Modest (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Substitute
- Toxic
---
I had initially planned to use ScarfTran but I opted not to since I already have two Choice users on this team. I felt that CB Tyranitar and CB Scizor were far more valuable to this team than ScarfTran so I chose to run the SubToxic set instead. The great thing about this set is the element of surprise since everyone expects Heatran to be Scarfed. Thus, it's very easy to force a switch and set up Substitute and follow up with Toxic/Earth Power/Fire Blast appropriately. The only OU Pokemon that doesn't mind taking any of those three attacks from Heatran is Latias, which is easily eliminated by Tyranitar. Otherwise, Toxic, Earth Power, and Fire Blast provide great universal coverage together.

This set is perfect for luring out bulky waters that try to interrupt Gyarados' sweep, such as Vaporeon and Suicune. I typically send Heatran in after one of my Pokemon has fainted to conceal Leftovers but there are times where I am forced to give it away by switching in.

The EVs are different than the ones suggested from the analysis. I didn't see the point of maxing out speed on a non-Scarf Heatran because it really doesn't outspeed anything worthwhile. As a result, I chose to use a modest nature and invest 224 EVs in speed. This puts Heatran at 246 speed, allowing it to outpace most defensive Celebi and Zapdos, as well as all neutral base 70 speed Pokemon. The rest are added into HP to add a bit of extra bulk.

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 244 HP / 220 Def / 44 Spd
Nature: Bold (+Def, -Atk)
- Leech Seed
- Grass Knot
- Recover
- Hidden Power [Fire]
---
The second half of the infamous "Celetran" combo. Celebi is my main answer to physical threats such as Gyarados. It also acts as a status absorber thanks to its Natural Cure ability.

Grass Knot is an awesome move in the OU metagame and its massive PP is perfect for stall wars. Leech Seed is the third part of this team's residual damage. It's great at forcing switches, causing Stealth Rock damage each time or simply sapping away at pproblematic Bulky Waters. Hidden Power [Fire] is in the last slot to deal with Scizor that love to switch into Celebi.

The EVs are straight from the analysis, though I have 40 EVs in speed to outspeed the standard defensive Zapdos, allowing me to Leech Seed it before switching out to avoid a second Heat Wave. The rest are placed into Def for physical walling.

Scizor (F) @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
Evs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SDef
Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -SAtk)
- U-Turn
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Pursuit
---
I don't think I need to say much about this disgustingly standard set; Choice Band Scizor is the most used Pokemon for a reason. Scizor's main role on my team is to revenge kill threats such as DD Salamence. It also acts as a great utility Pokemon, trapping some of Gyarados' common counters with Pursuit, and scouting with U-Turn. Superpower is great for revenge killing and OHKO-ing Heatran and Magnezone that love to switch into Scizor.

The EVs are standard. 248 HP EVs provide an extra Stealth Rock switch-in.

Tyranitar (F) @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Atk / 216 SDef
Nature: Careful (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Earthquake
---
Tyranitar is quite possibly the most important Pokemon on this team. It's main role is to act as a trapper for Gyarados' common switch-ins, such as Celebi and Starmie. It is also my main special sponge and Latias counter. Tyranitar's Sand Stream adds even more residual damage to this team's arsenal. It's great at picking away at any Life Orb user's HP and negating Leftovers on annoying walls.

The moves are standard. Tyranitar is great against the majority of Gyarados' counters. It severely dents any Rotom-A, Latias, Starmie, and Celebi with Pursuit/Crunch. It will also force most Zapdos to switch out in fear of Stone Edge. Even a fleeing Jolteon is OHKO'd by Pursuit 100% of the time after Stealth Rock or Sandstorm damage. Earthquake is to deal with Steel types that resist Dark and Rock. I usually use Pursuit and Crunch since they are typically the best options against most of what Tyranitar will be countering. Doing so lures out Scizor or Lucario who love to switch into Tyranitar, allowing me to switch into Gyarados and set up.

The EVs are from the analysis. 252 HP EVs and 216 SDef EVs along with Sandstorm ensure that Timid Life Orb Gengar cannot OHKO Tyranitar with Focus Blast, which is generally the strongest special attack that Tyranitar is going to have to face. The rest are placed into Atk for some extra power.

Gyarados (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
Evs: 252 HP / 224 Def / 32 Spd
Nature: Impish (+Def, -SAtk)
- Waterfall
- Dragon Dance
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
---
Gyarados is my favorite Pokemon and the star of this team. It is usually saved for late-game, once Tyranitar and Heatran have weakened or removed its threats. I chose to go for the RestTalk set because of how durable it is. This Gyarados is quite capable of getting in two Dragon Dances because of how many switches it forces. Besides acting as my late-game sweeper, Gyarados is also the only Pokemon on this team that prevents Swords Dance Lucario and Scizor from sweeping me entirely. It acts as a secondary physical wall and status absorber after Celebi, though I generally save it for late-game to avoid switching into Stealth Rock constantly.

The strategy is quite straight forward and is identical to that of the infamous CroCune set. Once Tyranitar has lured in something like Lucario or Scizor, I switch to Gyarados and Dragon Dance. Most Scizor switch out immediately while Lucario are surprised to see that their Extremespeed barely dents Gyarados. If all goes well, there shouldn't be any Gyarados counter left that can take it down, thus allowing me to sweep easily. Rest and Sleep Talk provide recovery while Waterfall is the move of choice since it has STAB, decent coverage, and a nice flinch rate to boot.

The EVs are straight from the analysis. 32 speed EVs allow me to outspeed all positive base 90 speed Pokemon after a Dragon Dance, such as Jolly Lucario.

Threat List

Note: Red name indicates a serious threat.

Empoleon
- SubPetaya Empoleon is easily the biggest threat to this team. If it sets up, which it can easily do against Gyarados or Scizor, it can sweep through my entire team with ease. Besides Gyarados, I don't have a single safe switch in once it gets the Torrent + Petaya Berry boost nor is there anything that can outspeed it once it uses Agility.

Lucario
- With two Pursuiters, Lucario has many opportunities to set up with Swords Dance and potentially sweep my entire team. Gyarados is the only safe switch in on a +2 Lucario but only if it doesn't have Stone Edge.

Salamence
- This team's residual damage can pick away at the Life Orb variants, meaning it will always be within Scizor's Bullet Punch KO range. However, this team doesn't have any Pokemon that can safely switch into Salamence so I'm completely dependent on Scizor to take it out.

Starmie
- The Choice attacking set scores super effective hits on every Pokemon on my team. It isn't too hard for me to handle if it doesn't have Grass Knot or Ice Beam. Tyranitar can take Starmie's hits quite well and nail it with Pursuit.

Infernape
- MixApe outspeeds everything on this team and scores super effective hits on every Pokemon except Gyarados, who is really the only safe switch-in.

Kingdra
- Very difficult for this team to take down since nothing can really switch in safely, except Celebi as long as Kingdra doesn't have Life Orb. Kingdra has many opportunites to set up, such as Gyarados or Scizor locked into Bullet Punch. SubDance Kingdra is extremely difficult for me to deal with.

Gyarados - My Gyarados can't do anything against opposing Gyarados, meaning they can easily set up on it. Celebi is my only Gyarados check. Once it goes down, I'm pretty much doomed.

Tyranitar - Scizor usually keeps Tyranitar in check. Gyarados can set up on Boah variants without Thunderbolt. Celebi threatens it with Grass Knot but can't safely switch in on CB Crunch.

Machamp - Really annoying Pokemon. Gyarados is usually safe against ones without Stone Edge but the confusion from DynamicPunch is tough to deal with. Celebi does quite well against most sets.

Breloom - Another annoying Pokemon since it walls Gyarados quite easily. Celebi 2HKOs with HP: Fire and Heatran outspeeds it and will OHKO with Fire Blast, though it has to watch out for Focus Punch.

Vaporeon - Another Pokemon that walls Gyarados. Heatran is a good lure for Vaporeon and can usually catch it with Toxic, thus hindering its ability to stay in for long. Celebi will also force it to switch with Leech Seed.

Skarmory - Not too big of a threat thanks to Heatran and Tyranitar but it still has the potential to end Gyarados' sweep.

Latias - It has the opportunity to set up against Swampert, Heatran, Celebi, and even Gyarados. Thankfully, Tyranitar can easily take hits from Latias and put a huge dent in it with Pursuit. Scizor can do the same but it cannot switch in as easily.

I run a RestTalk Gyarados set, the main difference between that and a "BulkyDos" is Taunt. Anyway, I use Impish Nature with all the EVs poured into HP and Defenses, but 32 EV's in Speed. 1 DD beats + 252 Base 90's, but it's easy to get even 2 with the defenses - and after that its just ownage. Team's good, though XD. Although Starmie scores a super-effective hit on everyone except Scizor.

I run a RestTalk Gyarados set, the main difference between that and a "BulkyDos" is Taunt. Anyway, I use Impish Nature with all the EVs poured into HP and Defenses, but 32 EV's in Speed. 1 DD beats + 252 Base 90's, but it's easy to get even 2 with the defenses - and after that its just ownage. Team's good, though XD. Although Starmie scores a super-effective hit on everyone except Scizor.
Yeah, Starmie is infact one of the biggest problems for this team since only Flygon can naturally outspeed it with Scarf. Thankfully the ones I've encountered don't use Ice Beam or Grass Knot so Flygon and Swampert are usually safe.

MixApe is another threat to this team since Gyarados is really the only thing it doesn't score a super effective hit against.

I'll definitely try the RestTalk set out, though I don't like how it gets boned against Vaporeon.

I'm currently testing Rotom-H over Celebi since this team has a huge Lucario weakness. It does leave me a bit more prone to Gyarados however.

I'd keep the current Gyara set. The other set is made for more defensive teams. Gyara should run the bulky spread as it is just as good at sweeping and can switch in far more easily as well as wall poke like Lucario and Infernape, both provide this team trouble. Same set just a different EV spread- 156 HP / 108 Atk / 100 Def / 144 Spe, standard spread. Gyara will have a much easier time switching into Heatran's Fire Blast now. I used this guy on almost all of my teams and it has sweeped entire teams on all of them. If your opponent lacks something that can outspeed and hit it with SE or a Rotom form with T-Bolt then it will be difficult to stop Bulkydos from sweeping. I understand why your running brickbreak but dual screen isn't that popular anymore so you can use superpower, up to you. I suggest you change scizor to 200 HP/ 252 Atk/ 56 SDef spread to have an easy time trapping Lati with pursuit. If you don't mind having less power then remove Some EVs from Scizor's attack to boost speed a bit but it isn't needed as Scizor will usually be Bullet Punching or scouting.

I'd keep the current Gyara set. The other set is made for more defensive teams. Gyara should run the bulky spread as it is just as good at sweeping and can switch in far more easily as well as wall poke like Lucario and Infernape, both provide this team trouble. Same set just a different EV spread- 156 HP / 108 Atk / 100 Def / 144 Spe, standard spread. Gyara will have a much easier time switching into Heatran's Fire Blast now. I used this guy on almost all of my teams and it has sweeped entire teams on all of them. If your opponent lacks something that can outspeed and hit it with SE or a Rotom form with T-Bolt then it will be difficult to stop Bulkydos from sweeping. I understand why your running brickbreak but dual screen isn't that popular anymore so you can use superpower, up to you. I suggest you change scizor to 200 HP/ 252 Atk/ 56 SDef spread to have an easy time trapping Lati with pursuit. If you don't mind having less power then remove Some EVs from Scizor's attack to boost speed a bit but it isn't needed as Scizor will usually be Bullet Punching or scouting.
Yeah, I originally used that EV spread on Gyarados but I disliked how I couldn't even outspeed Timid Starmie after a Dragon Dance.

Would this EV spread and Adamant nature work?:
156 HP / 176 Atk / 176 Spe

176 Atk for the change to OHKO Zapdos with Stealth Rock. 176 Speed EVs outspeeds Timid Starmie after Dragon Dance. The rest are dumped into HP. Not enough Def EVs to really tank Lucario hits but I think damaging the popular Zapdos and Starmie switch-ins/revenge killers are more important.

I would go for Superpower over Brick Break on Scizor, but Brick Break still OHKOs the most popular Heatran set if you factor in Stealth Rock. Magnezone is the only other Pokemon I can think of where Superpower is superior, but I'm constantly U-Turning with Scizor anyways so it rarely gets caught.

I'll use that Scizor EV spread, thanks ;)

Myzozoa

to find better ways to say what nobody says
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
You don't need that many speed Evs on Gyarados. 168 speed EVs outruns Timid Jolteon after a Dragon Dance. There is a very effective spread that is more bulky than your spread and doesn't lose much power: 154 HP EVs /108 attack/80 defense/168 Speed . This spread will always kill 4 hp/0 defense Jolteon after a Dragon Dance. It also outruns scarfed base 110 after 2 Dragon Dances. This spread is meant for Jolly Gyarados specifically.

Superpower 1HKOs Blissey, which is important considering that most Blissey carry Flamethrower, meaning that if you don't 1HKO Bliss, she will 1HKO you.

Use 236 HP/216 Def/56 SpA on Swampert, as it gets maximum leftovers recovery. It's just more efficient, thats all. And I'd definetly go with Roar, Surf, or Hydro Pump in the third slot. If you do opt for a water move, put 4 SpA EV's into Spe, so you can outspeed opposing Swamperts, thus making your Swampert a Swampert counter. This works especially well with Hydro Pump, which can also 2HKO Skarmory, meaning it can't use you as set-up bait.

Use 248 Atk/100 HP/176 SpD/4 Spe on Scizor, as it gets an equilibrium that allows for greater overall SpDishness. And the 4 Spe means you outrun no-spe Vaporeon.

Use 236 HP/216 Def/40 Spe on Celebi, as it hits a jump point in Def and nets you an extra Spe point, which lets you tie with Zapdos. It really isn't signifigant, but again it's more efficient, so it works.

This team is depressingly similar to the team I was about to post... I'm sad.

My team is/was: Gyarados, Heatran, Swampert, Scizor, Rotom-H, Salamence... and Salamence is similar to Flygon, sooo.... awwww....

If I do end up posting it, don't accuse me of copying, ok? lol...

Nice team overall, although Lucario is missing from your threat list and it seems kinda strong agaisnt your team. Gyarados is probobally your best counter atm.

You don't need that many speed Evs on Gyarados. 168 speed EVs outruns Timid Jolteon after a Dragon Dance. There is a very effective spread that is more bulky than your spread and doesn't lose much power: 154 HP EVs /108 attack/80 defense/168 Speed . This spread will always kill 4 hp/0 defense Jolteon after a Dragon Dance. It also outruns scarfed base 110 after 2 Dragon Dances. This spread is meant for Jolly Gyarados specifically.
I think I'll just go for Jolly with 88 HP/252 Atk/168 Speed. It'll outspeed Jolteon and has enough attack to possibly OHKO Zapdos after Stealth Rock and Dragon Dance. I don't think there's a point in the Def Evs since +1 Extremespeed Lucario (+2 from swords dance, -1 from intimidate) still 2hkos Gyarados. The HP Evs still prevent Heatran from 2hko-ing with Fire Blast which was the main point for them in the first place.

Thanks for the suggestions :D

Superpower 1HKOs Blissey, which is important considering that most Blissey carry Flamethrower, meaning that if you don't 1HKO Bliss, she will 1HKO you.

Use 236 HP/216 Def/56 SpA on Swampert, as it gets maximum leftovers recovery. It's just more efficient, thats all. And I'd definetly go with Roar, Surf, or Hydro Pump in the third slot. If you do opt for a water move, put 4 SpA EV's into Spe, so you can outspeed opposing Swamperts, thus making your Swampert a Swampert counter. This works especially well with Hydro Pump, which can also 2HKO Skarmory, meaning it can't use you as set-up bait.

Use 248 Atk/100 HP/176 SpD/4 Spe on Scizor, as it gets an equilibrium that allows for greater overall SpDishness. And the 4 Spe means you outrun no-spe Vaporeon.

Use 236 HP/216 Def/40 Spe on Celebi, as it hits a jump point in Def and nets you an extra Spe point, which lets you tie with Zapdos. It really isn't signifigant, but again it's more efficient, so it works.

This team is depressingly similar to the team I was about to post... I'm sad.

My team is/was: Gyarados, Heatran, Swampert, Scizor, Rotom-H, Salamence... and Salamence is similar to Flygon, sooo.... awwww....

If I do end up posting it, don't accuse me of copying, ok? lol...

Nice team overall, although Lucario is missing from your threat list and it seems kinda strong agaisnt your team. Gyarados is probobally your best counter atm.
Good point about Blissey. I'll try Superpower out since, as stated by someone else, dual screens aren't that popular these days. The Scizor EV spread sounds good, I'll try it out.

I'll probably go for Hydro Pump on Swampert since I really haven't been using Protect that much. However, I think Protect is still more useful since I'm using Swampert as a lead. I think I'll keep the EVs as is though, since it puts me at 401 HP, allowing me to switch into Stealth Rock 1 extra time.

For Celebi, I'll change its EVs to 244 HP/220 Def/44 Speed. This gives it 401 HP for optimal leftovers recovery and stealth rock switch-ins. It can still outspeed the defensive Zapdos. (HP:Fire lowers Celebi's Speed IV by 1).

Lucario is on my threat list by the way :P. It's probably the deadliest Pokemon against this team since nothing can really stop it if it gets a Swords Dance in. I'm still trying out Rotom-H since it can outspeed Adamant Lucario with a Timid nature and is a decent Gyarados counter.

Don't worry about "copying", it's not like I'm using crazy original sets or original Pokemon :P

401 HP is not optimal leftovers. 400 is. And SR switch-in numbers are useless on something that isn't SR weak, like Swampert and Celebi. SR switch in numbers only work for things like Gyarados and Salamence, and that's assuming you never take any other damage, which is unrealistic.

And I went ahead and posted my team so you can go see for yourself if you feel it's overly simmilar. lol =]

I personally prefer Jolly over Adamant on Choice Scarf Flygon. Its Attack isn't stellar either way, but at least with Jolly you can outrun Dragon Dance Salamence that run Adamant, and can have a chance to outrun those that use Jolly. You also outrun other random stuff like Jolly ScarfLuke, and neutral natured Scarf Infernape. Basically, the extra Speed could come in handy in a few cases, and generally outclasses the extra power (unless I'm missing some weird 2HKO).

Otherwise, it's a pretty solid team. I can see a Choice Band Flygon causing havoc, but then again, very little can stop its assaults bar resistances, and you could potentially use Earthquake as a set-up for Gyarados and a chance to U-turn for Flygon. Great job on the team.

401 HP is not optimal leftovers. 400 is. And SR switch-in numbers are useless on something that isn't SR weak, like Swampert and Celebi. SR switch in numbers only work for things like Gyarados and Salamence, and that's assuming you never take any other damage, which is unrealistic.

And I went ahead and posted my team so you can go see for yourself if you feel it's overly simmilar. lol =]
I meant it gets the optimal recovery of 400 HP an extra Stealth Rock switch in with the extra point in Hp. Well it's no big deal anyway, 1 stat isn't going to make much of a difference anywhere else either.

I personally prefer Jolly over Adamant on Choice Scarf Flygon. Its Attack isn't stellar either way, but at least with Jolly you can outrun Dragon Dance Salamence that run Adamant, and can have a chance to outrun those that use Jolly. You also outrun other random stuff like Jolly ScarfLuke, and neutral natured Scarf Infernape. Basically, the extra Speed could come in handy in a few cases, and generally outclasses the extra power (unless I'm missing some weird 2HKO).

Otherwise, it's a pretty solid team. I can see a Choice Band Flygon causing havoc, but then again, very little can stop its assaults bar resistances, and you could potentially use Earthquake as a set-up for Gyarados and a chance to U-turn for Flygon. Great job on the team.
I was considering Jolly Flygon at first. But as you said, it's attack is already quite low so I didn't want to lower it further. I guess I could do some damage calculations later with Adamant vs Jolly and see if it makes a difference in 2HKO or 1HKOs on the Pokemon I usually send it out against. If it doesn't I'll go for Jolly nature.

Thanks for the suggestions/comments everyone. :D

You definitely need something to deal with the huge Lucario weak or just never use Pursuit on Scizor or Stone Edge on Flygon which is where Luke sets up and dominates your whole team. I'd suggest going with Rest Talk Gyarados to cover up that weakness which also handles Infernape a lot better. I'd also go with Jolly on Scarf Flygon. You don't really lose any KO's but the extra speed is definitely useful. It's a good team very similar to one of my old ones assuming you make the change to Rest Talk Gyara.

Alright, I changed Flygon to Jolly. I did the calculations myself, and the only real difference is that Adamant is more likely to OHKO Gyarados and Salamence after Stealth Rock with Stone Edge. This difference is irrelevant if they use Life Orb since the recoil and Stealth Rock mean they are OHKO'd with Jolly's Stone Edge as well.

I'll try out RestTalk Gyara if it really helps against Lucario and Infernape. My main concern with it is that BulkyWaters easily wall it, though it shouldn't be too much of a problem if I can successfully lure them out with Heatran beforehand. Another is the lack of offensive power on the team.

If I do go with RestTalk Gyarados, which set should I go with? Waterfall/Stone Edge with RestTalk, Waterfall/Dragon Dance or some other attacking combination?

Waterfall/ Dragon Dance. Can sweep teams if you get up enough DD's which isn't that hard when his counters are gone given how bulky it is.

Alright so I tried out the RestTalk Gyarados and it really does stop Lucario from demolishing my team. Likewise, I have easily gotten 2 Dragon Dances from all the switches it forces. My only concern with it is that it can't do anything against its popular counters, such as Zapdos, Celebi, and Starmie.

So, I'm replacing Flygon with a Spec. Defensive CB Tyranitar. It'll allow me to trap Starmie and Celebi while scaring away Zapdos. Using Pursuit will bait in Lucario or Scizor, which will allow me to switch into Gyarados and set up with Dragon Dance. This will also give me a great Latias counter, who otherwise can take down this team easily, unless Flygon locks itself into Outrage (meaning it dies right after). Sand Stream doesn't hurt my team that much. The worst it does is cancel Gyarados' Leftovers, but it has Rest for recovery anyways. Heatran lures BulkyWaters and catches them with Toxic so that usually eliminates that problem.

I'm losing a great revenge killer if I replace Flygon but Scizor does a fairly decent job by itself, except against Gyarados. However, Celebi counters Gyarados fairly well so Flygon's loss shouldn't be much of a problem.

Breloom still owns both Tyranitar and Gyarados but I think Celebi can deal with it using HP:Fire.

24 hour bump.

Any thoughts on the new changes?

EDIT: Does anyone think that Heatran would be better with Life Orb, or even a Sitrus/Shuca Berry over Leftovers? I dislike how I can't switch in Heatran without giving away the fact that it isn't Scarfed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)