SM OU Awful Bad Player presents "zapdos goes sicko mode " ft. Zeraora [1900+, top 30]

Hello
You might remember me from like a year ago when I posted like three different low-quality RMTs, played in two team tournaments (one of which I "won" after going 1-2 and being generally useless) and then subsequently quit for like six months. And it would've stayed that way as well, if not for the Zygarde suspect test - which was the first time I had played 'mons in nearly half a year. After playing my requisite 40 games and failing to achieve requirements due to me being a very washed up and generally mediocre player (even at my peak) - I did something stupid, which was slap together a hyper offense build for some reason and see how far up the ladder I could get despite my exceedingly average 78.5% GXE, and here we are today.

I call this team "zapdos goes sicko mode"
sicko modee.jpg

I wanted to build a hyper offense team. Actually what I wanted to do is wake up in the morning and find a will to live, but this will have to do for the time being. Excadrill gets up rocks and doesn't let the other team get rocks up with Rapid Spin. good mon

Ok so what I said in the intro isn't actually 100% correct, before I built this garbage team I also tried a Volcarona team that had the glorious distinction of not being able to break Toxapex and Chansey on the same team. I was so goddamn fucking sick of Chansey and Toxapex that I decided to run Zeraora for the sole purpose of having a mon that could break both Chansey and Toxapex at the same time. and god DAMN its glorious

I wanted to try dual dance Landorus-T

Paired well with Magearna. Since Zeroara could kill Toxapex and chip Ferrothorn, I wanted to try out Flash Cannon+Tbolt Dual Dance Magearna

Honestly I was just fuckin tired of losing to Volcarona and Ddance Zard X. Also despite the fact that this mon is not very good it does what I need it to do, which is to stop me from losing to Volcarona and Ddance Zard X instantly. Sometimes it can clean up late game too

Ok so the thing is, originally I had Weakness Policy agility Dragonite + Z Fly Landorus-T here, but Weakness Policy Dragonite was so hard to pull off that I threw away that whole idea. And that's where the idea to put in Z-Electrium Zapdos came in because honestly... they both get agility and are flying type (this was my only justification).

The final product. Notice the glaring lack of water resists in a metagame where Ash Greninja is a dominant force. If I had more than 5 brain cells, I would've noticed that during the teambuilding process.

An In Depth Look

Zeraora
@ Expert Belt
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
Plasma Fists
Close Combat
Knock Off
Hidden Power [Ice]
So during the "teambuilding process" section I said that I chose this mon as it can break Chansey and Toxapex. Yeah, that's really about it. Also can beat Celesteela which is nice. It's probably not the most common mon to see on HO archetypes, but it's high base speed means that it can outspeed the entire metagame bar timid mega alakazam and, as blunder would say, "go brazy." Electric/Fighting backed by an exemplary base 112 attack stat off of a neutral nature means that it can revenge kill a plethora of common threats, including Ash Greninja, regular Greninja, and Mega Lopunny. Knock off is nice just in general, HP ice can snipe a Garchomp or a Landorus-T, both of which are common as ever right now. A Hasty nature is used over Naive so that I can take Ash Greninja Water Shurikens more comfortably. Expert Belt is the item of choice, since without it Zeraora cannot revenge kill Mega Lopunny due to its exemplary base 112 attack stat.

Landorus-Therian @ Earth Plate
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
Stone Edge
Swords Dance
Rock Polish
Earthquake
I wanted to try out Dual Dance Landorus-T

Magearna @ Leftovers
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 248 HP / 84 SpA / 28 SpD / 148 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
Calm Mind
Thunderbolt
Flash Cannon
Shift Gear
I'll be honest, the EVs I stole from a team that my friend gave me, so they do... something. A bulkier take on dual dance Magearna, and one that beats just about everything not named Ferrothorn or Heatran. With both of those mons pressured to switch in to Zeraora and Mimikyu's hard-hitting high base power STABs, Magearna often finds itself in a situation late-game to yeet through a roster. Thunderbolt and Flash Cannon combine to hit everything not named Ferrothorn at least pretty well, and Leftovers keeps it healthy in the stall MU - one that it can auto-win if Chansey is knocked off, unless, of course, you run into the only person on the entire planet running CM + Flamethrower Chansey stall and then you lose.

Excadrill @ Focus Sash
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
Stealth Rock
Rock Tomb
Rapid Spin
Earthquake
The best mon in the game at getting rocks up and making sure the opponent does not get their rocks up. Rock Tomb + SR is a pretty potent combination which allows Excadrill to get rocks up vs stuff like Tornadus-T and scarf Landorus-T. Not Zapdos though, that 'mon is a problem. Rapid Spin to obviously get rid of rocks, which helps the mons on my own team. Earthquake so it at least can hit something and doesn't get subbed up on. Honestly everyone who's played competitive mons before knows that rocks are necessary, so this shit is just here to get rocks up asap and die.

Mimikyu @ Life Orb
Ability: Disguise
Adamant Nature
Swords Dance
Play Rough
Shadow Claw
Shadow Sneak
At least now I don't lose to +1 Volcarona instantly, which is nice.
In fact, when I first showed this team to my friend, he said that "it was bad players like me that were keeping Mimikyu in OU," which I found pretty hurtful, cause why can't we all just have a good time, right? I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
Really, due to the lack of scarfers on this team, this mon is just here to be able to revenge kill stuff that Zeraora can't/is outsped by. This list includes: the aforementioned Volcarona, +1 DDance Zard X, Hawlucha (all variants), opposing SG Magearna, regular Gyarados (mega Gyarados just kills me due to mold breaker), sand rush Excadrill, etc.

Zapdos @ Electrium Z
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 144 HP / 252 SpA / 112 Spe
Modest Nature
Agility
Thunderbolt
Heat Wave
Hidden Power [Ice]
Rocks up on you with the pick n roll
Agi Zapdos he in sicko mode

Modest Electrium-Z Agility Zapdos. Another mon that I chose out of pure spite and hatred of Toxapex. +1 Electrium is pretty powerful, allowing it to OHKO standard Heatran, and 252+ Heat Wave scores 2HKOs on most bulky grasses like Tapu Bulu and Tangrowth. HP Ice instantly kills standard scarf Landorus-T and standard non-SpDef Gliscor, and does a good amount of damage to Garchomp as well. With the overabundance of fat grass and water types in the meta nowadays - thanks Ash Greninja - Zapdos takes advantage of those by finding multiple setup opportunities per game. The provided EVs allow it to outrun scarf Kartana at +2, and the extra HP EVs don't actually do anything useful BUT there have been many games where I've been able to survive attacks with a tiny sliver of health (MMawile Sucker Punch, Heatran Z-Magma Storm, Ash Greninja W̶͓͂̈́̓̽͗̂͂̾̓̉͗͝a̴̢͇͇̙͍̺̘̫̖̦̽͆̓̇̍̊̀͠t̴̛͖̬͍̘̬͖͉̦̳̒̎͠ͅè̴͙̟̱̞̯ͅr̵̛͇̬̻͕̥̪͓̣͖̫͍͍̯̦̺͐͐̀͆́̌̑̈͆̎͑̏͑͝ ̵̢̤̲̥̇̋̇̊̆S̸̥͌̎̓͆͑͛̇̋͂͗͜h̵̢̨̳̳͍͇̳̳͇͈̣͙́͑̊͠͝ŭ̴̳̠̈́̆͂̌̽͛͠͝r̷̢̛͙̝͓̹̙̯͈̭̖͍̈́̄̌̔͊̌̀̈́̕͜͠ĭ̶̞͍͕̈́ķ̵̞̲̠̫͙̹̠͔̞͓̘̖̂̒̑̍̀̐͘͝͝ȩ̶̧̛̛̫͈̜̞̼͙̤͔͓̎͆̉̽̉̍̎̚͠ň̵̢̙̯̯͔̘̠̟̦̽͐͒́͒͋̔͘͘, etc) where the extra HP investment came in clutch.
̶̡̨̗͈̻͓̖̭̮̪̎́̈́̽̐͊
Threats
I watched too many Omari P replays and I forgot to put a water resist on this team - that's on me.

Due to the lack of a water resist, rain is obviously hard to deal with. Chip down the Swampert-M through any means necessary, set up an agility with Zapdos on the Tornadus or Magearna (commonly found on rain) and hopefully sweep late game?

I can't break this very well.
KuraiTenshi26 ily
Waszap GOONSSSS Derziks Abidoofthatcares and the rest of the gang yall are cool
faded love i lowkey enjoy talking to you

Zeraora @ Expert Belt
Hasty Nature
- Plasma Fists
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish
- Earthquake

Magearna @ Leftovers
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Shift Gear

Excadrill @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Tomb
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake

Mimikyu @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Play Rough
- Shadow Claw
- Shadow Sneak

Zapdos @ Electrium Z
Modest Nature
- Agility
- Thunderbolt
- Heat Wave
- Hidden Power [Ice]

"outx ABP" where "ABP" stands for "awful bad player"
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-846708894
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-846664005 vs stall
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-846661759 magearna lategame w
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-846661117 zapdos w
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-846660126 he deserved it
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-846627273 magearna w again
i know i haxed some people, sorry
i can give proof of peak as well but it seems fairly pointless

Conclusion
i think i'm gonna quit forreal after this RMT
i don't like this game enough to continue playing
if u have any tips on how to make the team better though i'd appreciate them​

Nice team, is one of my favorites. I'm trying to change Landorus for Mega Alakazam with this set to not have problems with rain teams:

Alakazam-Mega @ Alakazite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Energy Ball
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-846980207 battle against rain team without Magearna (she could be a problem if she were)

Last edited:

Thunder Pwoell

Banned deucer.
Hello
You might remember me from like a year ago when I posted like three different low-quality RMTs, played in two team tournaments (one of which I "won" after going 1-2 and being generally useless) and then subsequently quit for like six months. And it would've stayed that way as well, if not for the Zygarde suspect test - which was the first time I had played 'mons in nearly half a year. After playing my requisite 40 games and failing to achieve requirements due to me being a very washed up and generally mediocre player (even at my peak) - I did something stupid, which was slap together a hyper offense build for some reason and see how far up the ladder I could get despite my exceedingly average 78.5% GXE, and here we are today.

I call this team "zapdos goes sicko mode"
View attachment 154977

I wanted to build a hyper offense team. Actually what I wanted to do is wake up in the morning and find a will to live, but this will have to do for the time being. Excadrill gets up rocks and doesn't let the other team get rocks up with Rapid Spin. good mon

Ok so what I said in the intro isn't actually 100% correct, before I built this garbage team I also tried a Volcarona team that had the glorious distinction of not being able to break Toxapex and Chansey on the same team. I was so goddamn fucking sick of Chansey and Toxapex that I decided to run Zeraora for the sole purpose of having a mon that could break both Chansey and Toxapex at the same time. and god DAMN its glorious

I wanted to try dual dance Landorus-T

Paired well with Magearna. Since Zeroara could kill Toxapex and chip Ferrothorn, I wanted to try out Flash Cannon+Tbolt Dual Dance Magearna

Honestly I was just fuckin tired of losing to Volcarona and Ddance Zard X. Also despite the fact that this mon is not very good it does what I need it to do, which is to stop me from losing to Volcarona and Ddance Zard X instantly. Sometimes it can clean up late game too

Ok so the thing is, originally I had Weakness Policy agility Dragonite + Z Fly Landorus-T here, but Weakness Policy Dragonite was so hard to pull off that I threw away that whole idea. And that's where the idea to put in Z-Electrium Zapdos came in because honestly... they both get agility and are flying type (this was my only justification).

The final product. Notice the glaring lack of water resists in a metagame where Ash Greninja is a dominant force. If I had more than 5 brain cells, I would've noticed that during the teambuilding process.

An In Depth Look

Zeraora
@ Expert Belt
Hasty Nature
Plasma Fists
Close Combat
Knock Off
Hidden Power [Ice]
So during the "teambuilding process" section I said that I chose this mon as it can break Chansey and Toxapex. Yeah, that's really about it. Also can beat Celesteela which is nice. It's probably not the most common mon to see on HO archetypes, but it's high base speed means that it can outspeed the entire metagame bar timid mega alakazam and, as blunder would say, "go brazy." Electric/Fighting backed by an exemplary base 112 attack stat off of a neutral nature means that it can revenge kill a plethora of common threats, including Ash Greninja, regular Greninja, and Mega Lopunny. Knock off is nice just in general, HP ice can snipe a Garchomp or a Landorus-T, both of which are common as ever right now. A Hasty nature is used over Naive so that I can take Ash Greninja Water Shurikens more comfortably. Expert Belt is the item of choice, since without it Zeraora cannot revenge kill Mega Lopunny due to its exemplary base 112 attack stat.

Adamant Nature
Stone Edge
Swords Dance
Rock Polish
Earthquake
I wanted to try out Dual Dance Landorus-T

Magearna @ Leftovers
Modest Nature
Calm Mind
Thunderbolt
Flash Cannon
Shift Gear
I'll be honest, the EVs I stole from a team that my friend gave me, so they do... something. A bulkier take on dual dance Magearna, and one that beats just about everything not named Ferrothorn or Heatran. With both of those mons pressured to switch in to Zeraora and Mimikyu's hard-hitting high base power STABs, Magearna often finds itself in a situation late-game to yeet through a roster. Thunderbolt and Flash Cannon combine to hit everything not named Ferrothorn at least pretty well, and Leftovers keeps it healthy in the stall MU - one that it can auto-win if Chansey is knocked off, unless, of course, you run into the only person on the entire planet running CM + Flamethrower Chansey stall and then you lose.

Excadrill @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
Stealth Rock
Rock Tomb
Rapid Spin
Earthquake
The best mon in the game at getting rocks up and making sure the opponent does not get their rocks up. Rock Tomb + SR is a pretty potent combination which allows Excadrill to get rocks up vs stuff like Tornadus-T and scarf Landorus-T. Not Zapdos though, that 'mon is a problem. Rapid Spin to obviously get rid of rocks, which helps the mons on my own team. Earthquake so it at least can hit something and doesn't get subbed up on. Honestly everyone who's played competitive mons before knows that rocks are necessary, so this shit is just here to get rocks up asap and die.

Mimikyu @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
Swords Dance
Play Rough
Shadow Claw
Shadow Sneak
At least now I don't lose to +1 Volcarona instantly, which is nice.
In fact, when I first showed this team to my friend, he said that "it was bad players like me that were keeping Mimikyu in OU," which I found pretty hurtful, cause why can't we all just have a good time, right? I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
Really, due to the lack of scarfers on this team, this mon is just here to be able to revenge kill stuff that Zeraora can't/is outsped by. This list includes: the aforementioned Volcarona, +1 DDance Zard X, Hawlucha (all variants), opposing SG Magearna, regular Gyarados (mega Gyarados just kills me due to mold breaker), sand rush Excadrill, etc.

Zapdos @ Electrium Z
Modest Nature
Agility
Thunderbolt
Heat Wave
Hidden Power [Ice]
Rocks up on you with the pick n roll
Agi Zapdos he in sicko mode

Modest Electrium-Z Agility Zapdos. Another mon that I chose out of pure spite and hatred of Toxapex. +1 Electrium is pretty powerful, allowing it to OHKO standard Heatran, and 252+ Heat Wave scores 2HKOs on most bulky grasses like Tapu Bulu and Tangrowth. HP Ice instantly kills standard scarf Landorus-T and standard non-SpDef Gliscor, and does a good amount of damage to Garchomp as well. With the overabundance of fat grass and water types in the meta nowadays - thanks Ash Greninja - Zapdos takes advantage of those by finding multiple setup opportunities per game. The provided EVs allow it to outrun scarf Kartana at +2, and the extra HP EVs don't actually do anything useful BUT there have been many games where I've been able to survive attacks with a tiny sliver of health (MMawile Sucker Punch, Heatran Z-Magma Storm, Ash Greninja W̶͓͂̈́̓̽͗̂͂̾̓̉͗͝a̴̢͇͇̙͍̺̘̫̖̦̽͆̓̇̍̊̀͠t̴̛͖̬͍̘̬͖͉̦̳̒̎͠ͅè̴͙̟̱̞̯ͅr̵̛͇̬̻͕̥̪͓̣͖̫͍͍̯̦̺͐͐̀͆́̌̑̈͆̎͑̏͑͝ ̵̢̤̲̥̇̋̇̊̆S̸̥͌̎̓͆͑͛̇̋͂͗͜h̵̢̨̳̳͍͇̳̳͇͈̣͙́͑̊͠͝ŭ̴̳̠̈́̆͂̌̽͛͠͝r̷̢̛͙̝͓̹̙̯͈̭̖͍̈́̄̌̔͊̌̀̈́̕͜͠ĭ̶̞͍͕̈́ķ̵̞̲̠̫͙̹̠͔̞͓̘̖̂̒̑̍̀̐͘͝͝ȩ̶̧̛̛̫͈̜̞̼͙̤͔͓̎͆̉̽̉̍̎̚͠ň̵̢̙̯̯͔̘̠̟̦̽͐͒́͒͋̔͘͘, etc) where the extra HP investment came in clutch.
̶̡̨̗͈̻͓̖̭̮̪̎́̈́̽̐͊
Threats
I watched too many Omari P replays and I forgot to put a water resist on this team - that's on me.

Due to the lack of a water resist, rain is obviously hard to deal with. Chip down the Swampert-M through any means necessary, set up an agility with Zapdos on the Tornadus or Magearna (commonly found on rain) and hopefully sweep late game?

I can't break this very well.
KuraiTenshi26 ily
Waszap GOONSSSS Derziks Abidoofthatcares and the rest of the gang yall are cool
faded love i lowkey enjoy talking to you

Zeraora @ Expert Belt
Hasty Nature
- Plasma Fists
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish
- Earthquake

Magearna @ Leftovers
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Shift Gear

Excadrill @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Tomb
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake

Mimikyu @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Play Rough
- Shadow Claw
- Shadow Sneak

Zapdos @ Electrium Z
Modest Nature
- Agility
- Thunderbolt
- Heat Wave
- Hidden Power [Ice]

"outx ABP" where "ABP" stands for "awful bad player"
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-846708894
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-846664005 vs stall
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-846661759 magearna lategame w
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-846661117 zapdos w
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-846660126 he deserved it
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-846627273 magearna w again
i know i haxed some people, sorry
i can give proof of peak as well but it seems fairly pointless

Conclusion
i think i'm gonna quit forreal after this RMT
i don't like this game enough to continue playing
if u have any tips on how to make the team better though i'd appreciate them​
this game is ass just quit bruh lmao the community trash too. ash for ur water resist issue u really dont need one bc it's exclusively as gren that's the issue. personally id run scarf zerora with grass knot to alleviate that issue which frees up a lot of ur scarf lots and allows u wreak havoc. fuck a water resist phew sun is ur resist

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)