Gen 7 AxeDino Hacks through OU (peak 1650)

(Sorry it isn't like 3 full lines for everything, but at least its better than just the team lol)

Hi all, this is my first time, so don't expect this to be professional or anything. That being said, lets see how this goes!

haxorus.png

Haxorus @ Dragonium Z
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Poison Jab
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance

Haxorus is the mon this team is centered around. Despite its awkward speed tier of 97, which doesn't let it outspeed base 100 threats, such as medicham, the charizards, offensive volc, manaphy, and some bl mons. However, a 147 base attack stat is nothing to scoff at, and with the movepool alongside moldbreaker bypassing , so here we are. A pretty classic Ev spread, but haxorus makes it work. With 293 speed, it outpaces Mega Zam, the fastest mon in OU, at +1. The addy nature and 252 allows it to nuke as much as possible.

+1 252+ Atk Mold Breaker Haxorus Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Toxapex: 272-322 (89.4 - 105.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
+1 252+ Atk Mold Breaker Haxorus Devastating Drake (160 BP) vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 625-736 (88.9 - 104.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
+1 252+ Atk Mold Breaker Haxorus Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Rotom-Wash: 272-320 (89.4 - 105.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
+1 252+ Atk Mold Breaker Haxorus Poison Jab vs. 248 HP / 16 Def Tapu Fini: 276-326 (80.4 - 95%) -- 50% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
+1 252+ Atk Mold Breaker Haxorus Poison Jab vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 276-326 (70 - 82.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO :facepalm:
+1 252+ Atk Mold Breaker Haxorus Devastating Drake (160 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Zapdos: 378-445 (98.4 - 115.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

magnezone.png
Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch

Zones role on the team is to trap steels, such as Skarm, Celesteela, and Ferro, along with trapping and revenge killing threats such as a kartana locked into a move not named secret sword. The given evs allow it to outspeed unboosted base 100 mons, such as spdef rachi and zapdos. Volt Switch helps keep momentum, and bring in the threats. Hp fire helps kill the Steels. The choice specs allows it to do its job more effectively. Not much else to say here.

252 SpA Choice Specs Magnezone Thunderbolt vs. 248 HP / 232+ SpD Celesteela: 320-380 (80.6 - 95.7%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Choice Specs Magnezone Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 232+ SpD Ferrothorn: 260-308 (73.8 - 87.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Choice Specs Magnezone Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Skarmory: 588-692 (176 - 207.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Magnezone Volt Switch vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Zapdos: 187-222 (48.6 - 57.8%) -- 54.3% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
landorus-therian.png

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 12 HP / 252 Atk / 244 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off

What would an OU team be without the one, the only, Landorus-Therian. Choice scarf provides speed control, and and u-turn provides momentum. The Speed evs allow Lando to outspeed +2 modest magerna, which annoys this team heavily. The attack is maxed, to be able to hit as hard as possible. The first 3 moves are standard, allowing use of uturn, a stab, and coverage. Knock is used to soften up walls, and yea. Standard scarf lando minus the defog.

too lazy to post them lol

clefable.png

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 64 Def / 192 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Protect
- Stealth Rock

Mr. Jack of all trades, this thing can do anything. Clef is the rocker/special switch in on this team, and is used to fill a variety of roles. The calm nature and Special Bulk allow clef to take 2 gren pumps after 2 rounds of lefties recovery prior to evolving. However, this does make it susceptible to mons like swampert, and other physical threats. Wish allows it to get more recovery than softboiled, as it isn't taking that 2nd hit, along with providing wish support for the other mons on the team.

(I use ph for my calcs since the calc doesn't allow you to put 2 turns of lefties recovery.)
252 SpA Choice Specs Greninja Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 192+ SpD Clefable: 186-220 (47.2 - 55.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Poison Heal
252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Scald vs. 252 HP / 192+ SpD Clefable: 159-187 (40.3 - 47.4%) -- 96.1% chance to 3HKO after Poison Heal
0 SpA Magearna Fleur Cannon vs. 252 HP / 192+ SpD Clefable: 144-169 (36.5 - 42.8%) -- 3.6% chance to 3HKO after Poison Heal

zapdos.png

Zapdos @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Static
EVs: 248 HP / 236 Def / 24 Spe
Bold Nature
- Discharge
- Heat Wave
- Roost
- Defog

The physical switch in. Zapdos is a great mon, as it has acess to both roost and defog. With rocky helmet and static, it punishes uturn, and acts as a check to lopunny, pert, and mawile, which skunk this team otherwise. The hp evs are used to max out the hp, while still taking minimal damage from rocks. The 24 speed allows you to speed creep mons that run enough for base 70 mons, such as opposing zapdos and other 100 base speed walls.

Cmon, its a normal zapdos, do I really need to put these

tapu-bulu.png

Tapu Bulu @ Choice Band
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 144 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Horn Leech
- Superpower
- Stone Edge

The Glue mon. Ty to finch for telling me to add this as filler, as before seeing what this thing could do, I just assumed it was an inferior kartana. It patches up the rain matchup, as pert can't ohko it after rocks w/o a crit, and can deal with a specs ash gren in rain, as long as it isn't switching in. The speed is for bd azu and modest zone. This thing hits like a freaking freight train, severly denting or ohkoing pretty much every stall mon, so haxorus can sweep late game.

Same Old Bulu, just with less speed, and a tad more bulk

Changes: Some changes I thought about

Lele > Bulu: while I love bulu's power, bulk, and access to recovery in horn leech, Lele's psychic terrain is better, as it blocks those pesky fakeouts and ice shards, and doesn't fuck up scarf lando trying to revenge a +2 magearna. However, this gets me 6-0d by rain, so I decided against it (why can't leles speed be 97 like haxorus >:( ).

Zard X > Haxorus: Its more consistent, but I hate having to defog before bringing in my sweeper, haxorus makes this much easier.

Screenshot 2021-01-14 at 7.55.39 PM.png

Alright look all you sherlocks that notice its 1636 instead of 1650. I got to 1650 awhile ago with this team, just forgot to ss it, sorry lol.

Ty for taking the time to read this, and I look forward to seeing how I can improve this ^_^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)