Back To The Past: Sneak3 v2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
DO NOT SIGN UP HERE.

::Sneak Introduction

Many of you may not have been around for the first Sneak3. It was a tournament hosted by Fish (one of the best tournament organizers in the history of online pokemon!). Anyway, this was probably one of the best tournaments I have ever experienced. It consisted of 64 players. There were 8 teams with 8 players on each team. Of course, back then the only vesions we had were RBY and GSC. So that was what we played. Each round, the players would play each other in RBY and GSC. If a player won both matches, they won. If they split, the person who won by the highest margin chose what version the tiebreaker would be played in.

Now let's get down to business! We have a new version called Advance! I'm sure a few of you may have heard of it. Sneak3 v2.0 will include all 3 versions. All you have to do is win 2 versions to move on. Keep in mind that this is a team tournament. Every win is a win for your team. The team with the highest win percentage at the end of the tournament wins. There will also be an individual winner.

::Sneaky Rules

:: This tournament will be played on Smogon's NetBattle server.
:: There will be 64 participants in the tournament.
:: The tournament is Double Elimination, meaning that players must lose two rounds before being knocked out.
:: Unlike many tournaments, this tournament is a team event. There will be 8 teams of 8 players each.
:: To eliminate frustration, confusion, etc., each team will have a captain to make executive decisions for the team.
:: Players are required to use the same screenname throughout the tournament.
:: The tournament will not be done in predetermined brackets so as to avoid teammates being forced to clash, and to keep pairings for the next round unpredictable.
:: In the event that the original player does not show up, and the team's captain is unable to locate a sub within two days, the original player will simply forfeit, and be moved to the Loser's Bracket or eliminated.
:: Since we're all grown people, battle times will not be issued. Players must contact their opponents on their own and setup matches.
:: Any player may change their team at any time.
:: After you battle, you must send a PM to Justin8649 on the forums with all of your scores.
:: Subs cannot be players who have already been paired for a battle during Sneak3 (i.e. eliminated players subbing).
:: Any of the rules on this page are subject to change at any given time. However, notice will be given.
:: Failure to comply with any rules in the Sneaky Ruleset could and most likely will result in disqualification.

:: RBY Rules

:: No Mewtwo or Mew
:: No illegal movesets
:: No GSC Tradebacks
:: No OHKO moves (No Horn Drill, Fissure, or Guillotine)
:: No Evasion moves (No Double Team or Minimize)
:: Sleep Clause
:: Species Clause
:: Freeze Clause
:: No Self-KO allowed on last pokemon

:: GSC Rules

:: No Mewtwo, Mew, Lugia, Ho-oh, or Celebi
:: No OHKO moves (No Horn Drill, Fissure, or Guillotine)
:: No Hidden Power moves allowed on legendary pokemon
:: Sleep Perish Trapping is banned

:: Advance Rules

:: No Mewtwo, Mew, Lugia, Ho-oh, Wobbuffet/Wynaut, Latias, Latios, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Deoxys (all forms)
:: No OHKO moves (No Horn Drill, Fissure, Guillotine, or Sheer Cold)
:: XD moves WILL be allowed

:: Captains

:: Justin8649
:: chaos
:: skarm
:: Groudon80
:: Warthog
:: Veteran In Love
:: goofball
:: Fish

All captains are in charge of finding 7 additional players for their team. It would be preferred if they could recruit 2 additional players to be substitutes. This way if somebody on their team disappears, it will be easy for me to substitute a player on their team ASAP. Captains are also in charge of making any decisions for their team. When you have your team, make sure you have the NetBattle handle for all members and a team name. Post here when you have done so. Also if you want to write up a little paragraph for a Team Profile, that would be awesome.

Sneak on I suppose!

I find this so funny, cause goof was all planning him, VIL and G80 on the same team. Hhahahaha shattered dreams!

P.S. Me&Chaos4ever

GreenPikachu

pumpkin pieco
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
RSS will dominate.

well...hopefully we have a good showing at least. we have big shoes to fill from our 2nd place last time.

:koffing:

anyone that wants to be with team Hakuna Matata pm me; Ill consider everyone but Id like to get people I know and trust that will put some effort in doing their best.

Jackal

I'm not retarded I'm Canadian it's different
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Oh damn I dont want to choose between VILs team and Warthogs team :x

Anyways this should shape up nicely imo, and I am open for recruiting I guess (are we supposed to post this?)

GreenPikachu

pumpkin pieco
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
that rule is in place to prevent scouting of teams. so, if you think someone might be crazy enough to make a counter specifically for your team because he read your log of R1, change your team for R2.

edit: well, this is ONE of the reasons, anyway.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Like Jackal, open for recruit. It'll be awesome if I end up in the same team as the one he or MoP joined, or being accepted at all =p

skarm

I HAVE HOTEL ROOMS
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I have myself and three others, so I am currently looking for four more. Please do not even message me at all if you've never talked to me before (because I keep getting "Pick ME!" on NetBattle).

gene

(* ̄(エ) ̄*)
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
hi!

If you want to be on my team, please send me a PM on the forums or nb and I will consider you. At the moment I will be searching for anyone interested.

edit: I have 7 including myself, and would like to get 3 more, 2 for subs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)