Bad Boyz Art by Afrost

Hi all,

first time posting in maybe 9 years haha I can’t remember, but I’ve been doing some drawing since I’ve gotten pretty into sword, much more so than sun and moon or x and y, and to coincide with all my playing I’ve been doing a drawing. Trying to capture a new style. Here’s what I have so far and I’ll continue posting more, hope you guys enjoy them!

Here’s the first four regions starters! Always down for a commission! Let me know what you guys think

64FA2C61-D080-4C81-A906-5E17ADE07EDD.jpeg

CF5F37E6-0DC4-40AE-A56F-3D034F5A78D5.jpeg
12AB208B-21F1-42BC-8960-42FCC510F25A.jpeg
84BC50F4-A397-4520-8640-3D8BEE1684C5.jpeg

BP

Upper Decky Lip Mints
is a Contributor to Smogon
There's something about seeing Pokemon with blunts and beer that makes them more human. Like the drawing of Snivy and the one of Mudkip are my favorite. Great work and Keep it Up!

There's something about seeing Pokemon with blunts and beer that makes them more human. Like the drawing of Snivy and the one of Mudkip are my favorite. Great work and Keep it Up!
Thanks!! I think thru the process of drawing them all, snivy is by far the most smug starter in the game haha

Reactions: BP

MiniArchitect

Detail Disoriented
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
What a big step up in quality! I'm in awe over the texture work in both of these pieces; there are so many overlapping textures but none of them clash, and they all build upon each other. All the little doodles around the paper are fun and lend a chaotic energy to what would otherwise be relatively static poses, and both Pokemon are just drawn with much greater quality and detail. I want to say that Empoleon's back arm is bent a little farther back than it realistically could be, but it's not significant enough to detract from the art, and it gives it a more distinct silhouette anyway. Awesome work!

What a big step up in quality! I'm in awe over the texture work in both of these pieces; there are so many overlapping textures but none of them clash, and they all build upon each other. All the little doodles around the paper are fun and lend a chaotic energy to what would otherwise be relatively static poses, and both Pokemon are just drawn with much greater quality and detail. I want to say that Empoleon's back arm is bent a little farther back than it realistically could be, but it's not significant enough to detract from the art, and it gives it a more distinct silhouette anyway. Awesome work!
thanks so much for the feedback, really appreciate it! Very kind words and all well said! Thank you!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)