Bad Luck In Pokemon Battles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valmanway

My jimmies remain unrustled
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Have you ever run out of luck in a Pokemon battle when you REALLY needed it? What about experiencing a chain of ridiculous events that was just beyond your control that wound up biting you in the rear? Then this is where you can discuss all that! Here's one of my most frustrating moments on PS!:

I sadly don't have the match recorded, but there was this one battle where me and my opponent were down to our last Pokemon. I had Rotom-W, while he had Volcarona. Volcarona came in while Stealth Rock was up, and all I had to do was fire off a Hydro Pump to win the match, so obviously I went for it, and as fate would have it, I missed the dang thing. And thus Volcarona got to set up a Quiver Dance for free. So I fire it again, and it bloody misses again, and Volcarona gets to set up another Quiver Dance for free. And it just keeps going on like this until I hit it, just to see my attack do ~40% damage. >:I

So do you guys have any bad luck moments to share?

Don't we already have a thread like this? Doesn't matter either way, seeing as that thread is dead.

Let's see... Oh, yes, now I remember. I should first mention that I have extremely bad luck with the simulator - it really hates me for some reason and I don't know why - anything that can go wrong already has (missing a 95% accurate move three times in a row, etc.) The worst of these was a while back on PS! in a Random Battle. We were both down to our last Pokemon: I had Heatran and my opponent had Articuno. Easy win, right - just have to Lava Plume the thing after I survive with just barely a scratch whatever measly attack it has...

Anyway, naturally Articuno outspeeds and nips my Heatran with a pathetic STAB Ice Beam (doing about, what, 13%) and gets the freeze - FIRST ATTACK. Not only is that only a 10% chance of happening, it gets worse, much worse. For the next six, yes, SIX turns, I remain cryogenically frozen - unable to do a damn thing. I, of course, lost the match - who even heard of a fire type getting frozen, anyway? But wait, there's more.

The very next match, on turn 1, I get frozen AGAIN. I rage-quit at that point - no point in playing something that just has it out for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)