SS UU Bad SS UU Stall (Peak 1756 on ladd)

GXE

formerly 100%GXE
SS UU Stall

Sup everyone, figured I would release a quick RMT of a team I've been having fun with recently. UU is super fast paced rn, so it hasn't really been conducive to stalling at all. I decided I'd give it a shot and I ended up making a pretty bad team that tends to do somewhat decently. It's a bit of a mu fish but UU kinda feels like that with a lot of teams right now anyways, so...yeah.

Le team:

Why I use dese bad mons:

Weezing-Galar @ Black Sludge
Ability: Neutralizing Gas
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Defog
- Rest
- Dark Pulse/Corrosive Gas
- Strange Steam

I originally had this thing as levitate but as it turns out Ngas has been super great for stall imo. It serves as a tspike absorber for the team, but more importantly is able to slowly whittle down regen mons like Slowbro over the course of a game. Maro is a huge issue for any stall team so I sped crept ada maro, the rest is just in defense. At first dpulse sounded like a gimmick to me, but being able to chip Maro/Doublade and more importantly Slowbro in most games turned out to be a really cool tech. Strange steam and fog are self-explanatory, rest over pain split because split is unreliable and Eldegoss is a pretty good cleric in most games. Cgas can be used over dpulse to cripple maro and function as a knock off mon. Worse vs doublade and slightly worse vs bro but a viable option

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Def / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic
- Soft-Boiled

Chansey is probably the most obligatory mon on any UU stall. I decided I wanted this thing to be my rocker over coba, rest of the set is pretty self-explanatory. I originally had this thing as 252 hp/252+ def but the invest in spd turned out to be pretty helpful some games. Considering I switch this thing into a lotta spas a few percentage points sometimes made a big difference.

Slowbro @ Kasib Berry
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Scald
- Teleport
- Psyshock
- Slack Off

I'd argue that Slowbro is the second most important mon on most UU stall teams. Having a mon that can dish consistent chip without losing momentum in this switch heavy meta is pretty vital. Most people would argue that itemless bro>kasib, but I really like the surprise factor Kasib can bring. Maro runs duel ghost stab and getting scald chip on a shadow bone can be game breaking, plus after one polter from something like Golurk, Golurk becomes a non threat anyways. The biggest knock against kasib is obviously knock off, but I don't find it to be a huge issue most games. 252/252 bold is needed, and over time I discovered how important teleport was so Bro doesn't lose momentum all day vs vswitch coba. Psyshock is for sub cm Keld

Eldegoss @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Aromatherapy
- Pollen Puff
- Rapid Spin
- Giga Drain

Eldegoss is a pretty great cleric in UU. It has access to 2 great moves in spin and aromatherapy, both of which this team benefits greatly from. It is the teams best answer to most vswitch users, including helio and the rotom forms. I originally had this thing as spd but honestly it already does most of what it needs to with max hp. Pollen puff isn't 100% necessary but can act as a good tech vs rot mow, celebi, zarude, and a few other grass users that would otherwise be pretty annoying.

Pyukumuku @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Recover
- Spite
- Gastro Acid

Probably the most difficult decision I made when making this team was deciding between Quagsire and this blob, but in the end Pyuku proved to be better in most mus than quag. The EVS are pretty self explanatory, this thing needs max def to serve as a backup check to dangerous mons like Mamo, Maro, sd Terrak etc. Gastro acid is this teams best bet vs CM Reuniclus, spite is used so I don't autlose to annoying curse users or something like Doublade (altho Doublade may have enough pp to outstall anyways tbh). Quagsire's access to ground typing/eq can be great, but the drop-off in spd and def was hurting me in too many mu's, and sometimes not having a secondary water/ice resist proved to be a pretty big hinderance.

Cobalion @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 HP / 124 SpD / 132 Spe
Careful Nature
- Rest
- Toxic
- Sleep Talk
- Close Combat

This whole team is whack but this is still the weirdest set. In the last slot I switched between steels and darks a lot, but inevitably decided having a steel was more important. I wanted something that could eat trick from a mon like Porygon, as well as disincentive the knock off/uturn spam that plagues UU. It has enough speed for modest Pory and timid Mamo, and is a relatively good switchin to stuff like scyther/zarude. Spd means even specs pory wont be dishing out enough damage, as well as getting crucial toxics off in some situations. Rest talk is pretty bad but unlike Weezing I didnt want to have to rely on a cleric when facing down moves from mons like Pory. It's the teams secondary check to smth like band pang (when locked into knock), as well as a primary check to annoying mons like Bisharp.

Replays:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8uu-1198078135-1py8zs8nrcajhfpbiw5ntvb5vrkwn0apw (ngas weezing doing work vs regen mons)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8uu-1194760796 (vs standard volt turn stuff)

Threats:
Polteageist- After two shell smashes stored power does insane damage even to Chansey (the cost of not having any dark type mons)
Knock off/Corrosive gas spam- Knock off on a mon like Reuniclus is really annoying, Weezing with cgas would be too
Maro-A- uncheckable mon
Krok- can be (sorta annoying) if bro gets chipped
LO reuni/plot slowbro g- both seem like an L
Band terrak- sorta annoying?
Pang- Still sorta annoying
Trick mons- Not a fan
Toxic- Kinda dumb move ngl
Wish Support- Long games are pretty annoying and pressuring sylv with this team is lol
Boredom- Sometimes I get bored and then sack something stupidly

Thoughts:
This team is bad and I probably wouldn't recommend using it. Still, I only remember ever losing like one or two games with it on ladd so it's probably half-decent for meme use. If you use it and you lose pls know that it is your fault for using it

Import: https://pokepast.es/b0e0c5e81d8b0be2

TY- gxe

SS

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)