Gen 7 Balanced Secret Room (Gen 7 - OU - USUM)

Hello ladies and gentle men, I have joined showdown since last week. My advanture has just started, too. I tried many teams from smogon, thank those guys cause of sharing. I have built my team, though. This one helped me reach 1600 elo and it’s still going on.

I want to share my team and receives advices from you guys, cause the higher my elo, the harder battles I have to face.

p/s: My English is not good enough, so sorry.

Lead/physical wall:

Treasure (Sableye) @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Knock Off
- Foul Play
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover

Here’s my main character. Mega-Sableye is my true reason to build this team and he serve two roles. The first one is countering physical sweeper with will-o-wisp + prankster combo, who takes lightly on him esp belly drum leads. His Evs spread also helps that. The second one is countering status/leech seed/hazard to defend other members from stallers. He can play dumb with Ferrothorn/Celesstela with burned dmg and knock off combo. He is true treasure, true leader.
Fake out is good, but Foul play/Knock off is better, IMO. Tried and changed.
P/s: 4 spe to out spe other Sableye.

Defoger/Trap:

Fake Chest (Tapu Fini) @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Def / 12 SpA / 40 SpD / 192 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Whirlpool
- Nature's Madness
- Defog
- Taunt

In SM OU, stall teams are popular. Heatran and Landorus T is, too. They think they can play dumb with my team, but Fini is here. With whirlpool + nature’s madness + defog + taunt + misty terrain, she can trap them, hurt them, kill them and make the battle field clearly again. Chansey, Milotic, Alamomola… and equal Tangrowth in some situations.
Her terrain also helps two sweepers can jump in and dance safely from toxic/glare/thunder wave/will-o-wisp… Most cases, I just threw her in then switch to sweeper after.

Screens Setter:

Secret Room (Klefki) @ Light Clay
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Foul Play
- Spikes
- Light Screen
- Reflect

Tapu Lele, Mega Diance and some special atk fairy mons may jump in to hurt my Mega-Sableye. They can do that but Klefki can stop them with her really good mixed type. This is why I chose her instead of 9tailes-Alola You don’t need to make dual screens then inherit this key in most cases. Just make light screen then watch what they will do:
- If they keep spaming special moves, and they are non-status mons, just thrown Volcarona in and make 1 quilver dance (again, make sure they don’t have status moves like toxic/thunder wave/glare).
- If they thrown in a Hawlucha after a terrain (Lele/Koko/Bulu/Fini), make Reflect + spikes to bait them using more sword dances, then just click foul play and Hawlucha is done. He can’t survive that. if he can with less H.P, just spam spike till you are gone and thrown Dragonite in, and use extreme speed (no psychic terrain) or Sableye (will-o-wisp) (psychic terrain is there).
- If they can use hazard, switch your sableye in again. Now with light screen, they can’t kill you.
Why no thunder-waves, I have found spikes is better to bait sword dance and it helps sweepers against Focus Sash users.
P/s: 4 spe to out spe other keys.

Wall Breaker/Hazard Setter:

Tomb Raider (Marowak-Alola) @ Thick Club
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Bonemerang
- Shadow Bone
- Stealth Rock

Mega Diance, Kartana, trick room leads… they can’t kill your Marowak in 1 hit but you can kill them, that’s all. Don’t spam stealth rock like nothing to do. Play aggressive with this guy, unless you read them and can make stealth rock in their switch after some turns.
This guy is just too good to dance around other members, he’s just too good to cover my team in OU meta game these days. RU, nah. He’s is my Uber, lol.
Flare blitz for steel/grass.
Bonemerang is not good as earthquake but it hits two times, then its enough. You will need it for some substitute mons or fake Pikachu.
Shadow Bone for flying/levitate mons that can jump in to read your bonemerang, and you don’t want to lose H.P cause of flare blitz to keep him strong.
Lightning Rod ability is not useless as you think, it’s for jumping in volt switch member to force them switch to use stealth rock or killing them, like Koko. Don’t hesitate about u-turn Koko, its almost no damage to you (not effective). If there is Rotom-Wash, don’t worry. You can jump in in the first time to make them confused and hard to read you. But pls remember to switch in Fini/Klefki after and don’t try to do that again, lol. But if that Rotom-Wash is wearing choice scarf (trick), you have a free turn to decide to break some1 and use stealh rock.
Marowak – Alola is really strong to fight against stall team, too. He’s almost 2HKO any mons in most popular stalling team.

Sweeper:

Ancient Flame (Volcarona) @ Firium Z
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fiery Dance/Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Giga Drain

This girl is fearsome, 1 Quilver dance – she will be a beast. 2 Quilver Dance, good game well played, she is almost upstopable.
I know fire blast is better in some cases but I have found fiery dance is better in most cases with better accury and 50% chance to + 1 spA (that will help to 1HKO many mons, for exp: +2 spA Volcarona with hidden power ground can 1HKO 100% H.P Heatran (that you can’t with +1). Against good players, you are hard to dance.
With misty terrain to avoid status, dual screens and +1 quilver dance to take water shuriken from Greninja, this girl is protected as much as possible.
But please remember, you can only kill chansey when you are +2 spA with 1 normal fiery dance + 1 Z-move after, but the first dmg move must use when they are switching in Chansey, glad they often do that, so your next Z-move will help you avoid thunder wave/toxic.
P/s: Chansey is your big nemesis, not Greninja. Don’t play fool or you will lose your advantage.

Backup Sweeper/Wall Breaker/Revenger:

Dragonrise (Dragonite) @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch

If I could, I will put in ice punch for garchomp/landorus-T but ferrothorn, kartana, or Celesstela is more popular and they can stop you so fire punch is needed. Extreme speed for priority mons, esp when you are low H.P to deal as much dmg as possible before you are gone and earth quake is just too good coverage move.
I know Dragonite is not a really good mon but in my team, he serve a role that is important. He can jump in earthquake, that helps Marowak-A and Klefki. He can be a suicide wallbreaker when I need. He can dance with dual screens and Multiscale and weakness policy for non experience players and one last thing, extreme spe helps me to revenge weak mons.

Full team: https://pokepast.es/21e04a293124ccc7

Some Replays:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-1207692951-kyrqdtoc1h9yodsar9jmwoqj62gfzsbpw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-1207270705-zkill7d6jrofie84lilm09q9ufmi526pw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-1207280816-g3d1p4w9wwpoj2skps7zfuilasv5l7wpw

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)