Honchkrow @ Dream Ball
Ability: Insomnia
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Sucker Punch
- Superpower/Pursuit
This things hits SO hard with brave bird and dream ball, insomnia is for make honchkrow immune to dream ball's negative effect, roost is used if honchkrow has taken too much damage or has been take a lot of recoil damage, sucker punch compensates its bad speed, in the forth sloth, it's your choice; you can use superpower (has a chance of OHKO blissey after rocks, and guaranteed chance of KO with rocks and spikes), or pursuit (can trap psychic, ghost types, and weakened mons, but remember that it will not raise attack because it doesn't have moxie). Also, this honchkrow doesn't need sport ball to became more powerful, that means that you can use the sport ball on another pokemon. Heat wave is a option for steel types, that is also boosted by dream ball.

Cinccino @ Repeat Ball/Ultra Ball
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly/adamant Nature
- Tail Slap
- Rock Blast
- U-turn
- Bullet Seed
Despite facing competition with cloyster as repeat ball user, Cincinno at least isn't weak to stealth rock, and can u-turn. Tail slap is the main move here, having a 150BP STAB move(if using repeat ball)! with this cincinno can break substitutes and focus sashes, and also sometimes deal critical hit. Rock blast is an coverage move, it allows cincinno use a more accurace and powerful stone edge, it's also good against defoggers. U-turn is for scout and Bullet seed is for coverage against bulky waters and rock or ground type leads. Jolly if you want outspeed more mons, or adamant if you want more power, but it will only outspeed mons with 100 base speed.

Hoopa @ Premier Ball
Ability: Magician
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Shadow Ball
- Psychock
- Thunderbolt/Focus blast
Hoopa is often seen as a bad pokemon, due to its atrocious psychic/ghost type, but with trick room and a premier ball (only in ball cup), this thing has a real potential. Trick room is the main move of this moveset, it allows outspeed any pokemon that doesn't have a base 46 or lower (it also has a chance to outspeed 47s). Shadow Ball is the main offensive move, dealing 180 damage thanks to premier ball and definitely hits hard due to a base 150 sp.atk, psychock hurts blissey and other special walls, and thunderbolt is for coverage, you can also use focus blast against dark types, the nightmare of hoopa. look at these calcs:
252+ SpA premier ball Hoopa Psyshock vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def luxury ball Blissey: 289-342 (44.3 - 52.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ SpA premier ball Hoopa Psyshock vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Electivire: 331-391 (113.3 - 133.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA premier ball Hoopa Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def luxury ball Amoonguss: 288-342 (6.66 - 79.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
This thing can 2HKO/OHKO the mons on this metagame.

EDIT: replaced choice specs in the calcs with premier ball, i used choice specs to calc the damage.

*inserts obvious ball joke here*
Anyways, look what I got,
config/formats.js
Code:
{
    name: "Ball Cup",
    section: "Other Metagames",

mod: 'ballcup',
    ruleset: ['Pokemon', 'Standard', 'Team Preview', 'Swagger Clause', 'Baton Pass Clause', 'Item Clause'],
    banlist: ['Uber', 'Soul Dew', 'Gengarite', 'Kangaskhanite', 'Lucarionite', 'Mawilite']
},
mods/ballcup/items.js
Link

Last edited:
Uh, your description for the Premier Ball is the description for the Fast Ball. The behavior is the correct behavior, though.

I definitely think Safari Ball + Trick can be a bit annoying, especially on a Pokemon such as Sableye. I can definitely see myself using this set a lot:

Sableye
Item: Safari Ball
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Trick
- Protect
- Will-O-Wisp
- Foul Play

For those who won't read the OP, Safari Ball adds the Truant effect for a boost of power. So basically, if you can find a free turn to trick this item to the opponent, you can literally force them into not being able to attack by using Protect on the turns they are able to attack. Granted, this only works on one Pokemon, but I'm sure you can use Rotom-W as a second teammate.

Last edited:
why hasn't anyone noticed my friend ball idea?
Friend ball does makes return stronger than 120 BP, but dream ball (for insomnia/vital spirit users), premier ball and sport ball give higher boosts. Probally the only reason to use friend ball is because of the item clause, no more than this.

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
Actually, worse than sableye is safari ball gothitelle. With not only trick and protect, but taunt and shadow tag as well, this thing is the ultimate stallbreaker.

In my opinion, the name "Ball Cup" is a bit disturbing if you think about Gendermons, if you know what I mean.

Regardless, this sounds interesting. I doubt it will ever be OMotM, but it might be nice to try out if it becomes playable.​

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)