SS OU Banded Scizor Team

This is my first team I've ever posted so any criticism will go along way for improvement, so thank you in advanced!
For some background, I've probably played around 50 games with this team and have found great success with me cracking and staying in the top 500 with it for the first time. If I play my cards right I don't find my team losing to much and when I do lose it's usually from a play I can point out and improve on.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 8 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 244 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off
Used mainly as a fast pivot due to natural bulk with intimidate and its typing. U-turn creates immense pressure for the team and allows for hazards and other Pokemon to come in and deal big damage. If needed is used as a late game sweeper due to speed and attack stat. Can out speed modest volcarona after one quiver to knock out with stone edge, switching to rock slide would work as well if you want accuracy. Acts as a pseudo dragapult check too with it being faster than specs dragapult and ohkoing it with knock off.

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 192 Def / 68 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
- Defog
- Scald
One of two physical walls for the team, it acts as a check for weavile and urhsifu and is able to soak up hits incredibly well. If opponent isn't careful it can be used as a late game bulky sweeper with calm mind. Defog also proves to be quite useful early game, but lessens in value as it continues if your hazards are up. When used with tyranitar it can prevent status on it with terrain making tyranitar extra untouchable. I have found moonblast to be more valuable than draining kiss mainly for how much damage it does. Draining kiss often lets me down with how much I need it to do.

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Toxic
Acts as the special wall for the team with sand stream. In tandem with Fini it can be used to check Tapu Lele and other special attackers. Make sure to keep healthy/untouched for volcarona because that thing is a monster once it sets up. It pretty much comes in reliably against any special attacker and if something uses u-turn it takes very little from it allowing you to keep it for later to take a hit. Sand stream also works well with this team due to 4/6 members not taking residual from it so having it up is always a plus. Is a semi check to rain teams as well allowing for you to wage war in the weather sphere.

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Knock Off
Mainly uses just bullet punch with some trickiness with u-turn. Superpower is used for ferro as well as roosting Skarms and Corvs. After hazards are up. bullet punch is a great game winner and has served incredibly well. It often catches people off guard due to how common sd scizor is as well so it's often an unpleasant surprise with the amount of raw damage it does. Unaware physical clef is quite the issue for this team so if clef is ever encountered make sure this is saved for that moment. Banded damage in general is just insane.

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 180 Def / 80 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Leech Seed
- Spikes
- Iron Defense
- Body Press
Main use is for hazards, I run spikes over rocks due to tyranitar having rocks already permitting an extra move slot. I've seen iron defense body press on other mons like Skarm and Corv and thought it would work well to potentially solo things that it couldn't touch previously. It mainly is used to 1v1 ferrothorn or catch an opposing heatran on the switch for big damage. Leech seed is also incredibly annoying to deal with because very little actually deals with it, with the few exceptions being pressure corv or another ferrothorn.

Tapu Koko @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 32 HP / 220 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Thunderbolt
- U-turn
- Roost
Acts as a potential late game sweeper and or check to rain teams due to speed and electric terrain thunderbolt. Is able to deal with some of the dragons in the tier, but not reliably. It's a pivot I guess? I'm not quite sure what the specific term for it is, but when it puts in work it puts in work. The dual stab moves are incredibly powerful and u-turn allows it to keep offensive pressure against ground switch ins. Overall just a solid 6th mon that has a place on the team.

Clone

Free Gliscor
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'm not a huge fan of scarf Lando personally, but if it's working out for you, then I think it's fine to keep. However, if it's just a bit meh, a switch to the defensive pivot set, in tandem with making fini scarf, might be worth exploring. Given your team comp, I'm not too hellbent on changing a bunch of things because they all seem to work in a weird way. That being said, I'll offer a few set tweaks to hopefully help you out.

On fini, Calm Mind sets should always run taunt to deny passive pokemon from healing and opposing set up sweepers from setting up alongside it. I would definitely run it over defog. Draining Kiss is also something to consider since it gives fini more longevity and the power loss isn't too much of an issue given what CM fini is trying to hit anyways.

As for scizor, if it's working for you, no need to change it, but I feel like you'd get more mileage out of a CB urshifu, given that it has more desirable STABs, a better speed tier, and sneaky good physical bulk. That being said, if you want to keep scizor, run at least 100 speed EVs so you can outspeed min speed heatran, which is becoming more common, and hit it with superpower. The loss of bulk isn't a huge deal since you have a ferrothorn to fill the steel type role anyways and if you're using a mon like scizor you want to get the most that you can out of it. I'd still recommend testing out urshifu though.

For tyranitar, make it Sassy and try Ice beam > Toxic. It lets you hit Lando t to open up a path for your scizor and koko to be more effective, as it just kinda sits on them at the moment and pivots out. This way it can't come in for free on ttar and you can punish the greedy ones. I'd also recommend Rock Blast over stone edge for the higher accuracy and ability to break through kyurems substitutes without being pp stalled. You lose some power but you still beat volc as 2 hits does 90 min to bulky sets.

Lastly, I'd recommend trying power whip > iron defense on ferro. I don't see it having the same set up opportunities as skarm or corv, and Ferro would appreciate being able to reliably hit fini/shifu. If you think you handle them fine, try Knock Off instead to remove Leftovers and the like from various mons that like to come in on it, notably heatran and pex.

Hope these changes help. Good luck with the team

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)