Battle City IV - Round 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Welcome to the fourth installment of Battle City! This tournament was first run back in 2012 and was inspired by a Yu-Gi-Oh! tournament of a completely different name (Duelist Kingdom). If you sign up, you are expected to not john. Because the concept of this tournament leans so heavily on player participation, please PM me as soon as you can (on Smogon or Discord) if you are not going to be able to continue in the tournament so I can sub you out quickly.

You begin the tournament with two (2) Star Chips that you can wager in battles for this tournament. If a challenge is issued, BOTH PLAYERS must agree to a tier before commencing the challenge, with the tier being announced in the Tournaments Discord. You must wager at least one (1) Star Chip per match. If you drop to 0 Star Chips, you lose and are removed from the tournament. If you collect eight (8) Star Chips, you will advance to the next round! Beware: do NOT accept any wagers that would push you above eight Star Chips - both players will receive a penalty by doing so and excess Star Chips will be handled accordingly.

===
Rules:
  • On the contrary to previous years, the tiers in this tournament will be SM OU, ORAS OU, and BW OU instead of just SM OU, as it was in the past.
  • The Tournaments Discord will be used for this tournament for purposes of arranging matches, preferably in the #unofficials channel. You are not required to accept all challenges (especially those with a wager of more than one Star Chip) but you must complete at least one wager every two days or face substitution.
  • Announce what you are waging prior to the match beginning in #unofficials to myself or a Tournament Director and report results here. The spreadsheet will be updated as often as possible.
  • When you have 0 Star Chips, you are eliminated from the tournament and cannot wager for more Star Chips.
  • When you have 8 Star Chips, you move on to the next round of the tournament and cannot wager for more Star Chips or play any more games for Round 1.
  • You cannot wager anything other than Star Chips for these battles.
  • After Round 1, Battle City IV will proceed as a standard Bo3 single elimination tournament with Smogtours tiers (SM OU, ORAS OU, BW OU).
  • Signups will be closed either after a week passes or when we reach 64 signups
  • NO JOHNS
Like the previous editions, the Shadow Game mechanic will still remain in Battle City. If you challenge your opponent to a Shadow Game and they accept, you must both wager exactly 3 Star Chips and play your opponent in a Best of Three (SM OU, ORAS OU, BW OU). The winner of the Bo3 wins the wager as per usual. However, players with 6 or 7 Star Chips can challenge someone to a Shadow Game for 2 Star Chips and 1 Star Chip respectively.

Last edited:

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
List of Remaining Participants (15/35 Left) (8/8 Playoffs Confirmed):
  • DKM
  • Leo
  • Ismail
  • Fantos13
  • Metalgro$$
  • Jho
  • Gurpreet Patel (Sent you a Friend Request)
  • Spl4sh
  • Thiago Nunes
  • NoivernSkrub
  • spatulakun
  • Insult
  • TPP
  • Tacebreeze
  • Hayburner
  • RyL
  • cb aaron judge
  • blarghlfarghl
  • Vileman
  • SoulWind
  • Pohjis
  • Ada
  • Jytcampbell
  • Flares.
  • BIHI
  • Mix
  • dhaarma
  • Reymaki
  • Poison Adhesive
  • teal6
  • dice
  • neomon
  • We Three Kings
  • Cheese5555
  • Trelloant

Last edited:

Vileman

Actually a Nice Fella
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
UPL Champion
taking 1 star chip from cheese5555 after winning an oras ou game vs him GG

Lost 1 chip vs insult in bw
Won 1 vs dhaarma in oras
So am at 2
Won vs Trelloant in sm
Am at 3
Lost vs bihi in bw
Back at 2
Lost vs erzangel in oras, now have 1
Lost bw vs soulwond, am out

Last edited:

BIHI

Sawubona kheys omncane yi-lagrimbe
is a Tiering Contributoris a Past SPL Championis a Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
World Defender
Won 1 chip from Trelloant and 1 from reymaki

Last edited:

Mix

mahmood soldi
is a Past WCoP Champion
LL you tagged me twice, one in partecipants and one in substitutes, am i able to play or nah ?

Flares.

Banned deucer.
won vs Jordy for 1 chip in sm gg
won vs Ismail for 1 chip in oras gg lost to ismail
lost vs Soulwind for 1 chip in b/w gg
lost to vs bihi for 2 chip in s/m gg

Last edited:

BIHI

Sawubona kheys omncane yi-lagrimbe
is a Tiering Contributoris a Past SPL Championis a Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
World Defender
won 2 chips from Soulwind and 2 from Flares

Got 8 chips

Last edited:

Mix

mahmood soldi
is a Past WCoP Champion
won 1 chip vs soulwind in oras, sry again for the final crit
lost 1 chip vs leo, gg
lost 1 chip vs vileman, gg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)