Battle Frontier Tournament (sign ups)

Status
Not open for further replies.
approved by Nexus
INTRODUCTION

Hello trainers! Gen 7 is almost over, so before our 3DS become obsolete and our cartridges start collecting dust, let's try to have a WiFi tournament going. Trying to resemble the in game stories, this tournament will follow special rules. Basically I am trying to replicate the idea of trainers from different regions meeting at the battle frontier and face each other. The catch here is that you will be representing a region. If you are interested then please read the rules.

RULES

1. No Ubers
2. All Pokemon on a team must be from the same region (followed by Dex number)
3. You MUST use a starter
4. No Legends, Mythicals, Tapus, Ultra Beasts
5. Standard Smogon clauses apply (Species, Sleep, Baton Pass, Evasion, OHKO, Shadow Tag, etc)
6. Blaze Blaziken will be allowed (note that Blazikenite is still banned)
7. The tournament will be played on USUM cartridges ONLY
8. All battles will be held with standard cartridge rules: 6v6 level 50
9. Eligibility for a region will be based on Dex number, not regional dex (Kanto 1-151, Johto 152-251, Hoenn 252-386, Sinnoh 387-493, Unova 494-649, Kalos 650-721, Alola 722-809). Alolan forms of Kanto mons will be considered from Alola for this tournament.
All rounds will be Bo3, single elimination. Players can switch teams during the round and between rounds, HOWEVER you must stay within the same region during the round. For example, I use a team from Unova during my first game, the second game I can use the same one or use a different one as long as it is still from the Unova region (and I am using a starter). If I advance, I can use a different region (implying different teams as well) on the next round if I want to. This is to promote different teams although you can choose to just use one team if you would like.

SIGNING UP
please make sure you

1. Will be available to participate throughout the tournament
2. Have read and understood the rules
3. Will be responsible for your team(s) and mons (breeding/obtaining legal mons)
4. Post your FC and IGN on your post

REGISTERED

1. Max Optimizer
2. Sondero
3. Eppie
4. BlackOut SLM
5. Buckert
6. Xen
7. SegFault_92
8. Kanon90
9. Mattapod
10. BrightFieldWyvern
11. Eisenherz
12. Fire_Water92
13. Pink Floyd
14. Eric Jiang234​

Last edited:

Max. Optimizer

free to be the greatest
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I am not going to let this opportunity pass. Count me in.
I also wanted to welcome the opportunity to say that I will gladly donate some prizes if need be!
  1. I will be available to participate throughout the tournament
  2. I have read and understood the rules
  3. I will be responsible for my team(s) and Pokémon (breeding, legality)
  4. FC: 4184-4501-1378 | IGN: Christophe

Sondero

Don't you dare say you'd rather lose!
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
I told myself I'd quit Pokemon, but for old times' sake, I'll gladly join this tournament. FC: 4167-5814-2557 IGN: Sondre

Edit: do we say what region we're gonna use in this post, or is it just something we have to make sure we do in teambuilding?

Edit 2: Unova Represent!

Last edited:
1. Participating
2. Understood
3. I'll start right away!
4. IGN: Eppie | FC: 1951 - 3435 - 2155

Question: Since it wasn't mentioned, will this be played at level 50 standard or level 100?
I'm asking because I usually EV train my Pokémon for level 50 standard but know that a few others do not.

Available for prize donation too.

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
I'm copying Max. Opt. here, count me in.
  1. I will be available to participate throughout the tournament,
  2. I have read and understood the rules,
  3. I will be using my own bred or captures Pokémon,
  4. 3DS FC: 2423-2975-9890 IGN: Wouter
Also, when is this going to take place? Currently I do not own a copy of either Ultra Sun or Ultra Moon. I was planning on purchasing these anyway (Obsessive Collecting Disorder), but I might speed it up a little.

Also, just like a few of the above, if needed I can provide prizes.

Just to clarify a few things, this will be done with standard rules 6v6, the game autolevel the mons to 50 Eppie BlackoutSLM

Sondero No need to specify unless you want to since you can change regions between rounds. I guess if you are trying to just rep a specific gen/region you could announce it but people would know and prep accordingly so really up to you.

BTW I am not of the opinion that Guzzlord or Regice are broken or anything. The reasoning behind the legend/tapus etc ban is that an ordinary trainer shouldn't have like 3 of those in his team. That's why I am also enforcing a mandatory starter

EDIT: made the level 50 clarification on the rules and added Blaze Blaziken to the list of usable mons (Speed Boost Blaziken is banned)

Last edited:

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
Count me in. I need a reason to dust off my carts.

1. I will be available to participate throughout the tournament
  2. I have read and understood the rules
  3. I will be responsible for my teams and Pokémon
  4. FC: 4339-2618-2472 | IGN: Joe

I'd like to participate as well. I've never participated to a tournament before, but I'm going to try my best.

1 - I will be available to participate throughout the tournament
2 - I have read and understood the rules
3 - I'm going to breed and train my team personally (and legitimately)
4 - IGN: SegFault; FC: 3926 9644 5676

I have one question regarding the starter: can this pokemon have some features that main games starters cannot have, like egg moves or hidden ability?

As a Johto representative I am ready for the challenge to prove Johto was and still is the alpha region.

1 - I will be available to participate throughout the tournament.
2 - I have read and understood the rules.
3 - My teams will feature the best of the best from the active trade threads here including mine.
4 - IGN: Spike; FC: 3239-6200-2033

Just as a clarification since I got the question a few times now, the way to determine if a mon belongs to a specific region is based on dex number on national pokedex. So let's say Gastrodon is 423 and therefore belongs to gen 4/Sinnoh despite of what its number is on Kalos or Alola regional dex. By doing this however, I noted that Alolan forms still hold their same Kanto dex number so I made an exception for those, allowing their Alolan forms only being part of the Alola region. Just to make sure it's clear, Kanto teams can not use Alolan forms and Alola teams can't use Kanto forms. Each one can use their respective mons only. Hope that helps

Question: When you say that "all pokemon must be from the same region", do you mean that they must all be found in a specific region's regional dex (for instance gliscor and haxorus are allowed together because they are both found in Kalos) or do they have to be introduced in the same generation?
If the latter, are cross-generation evolutions legal (such as Weavile and Skarmory on the same team)?

Question: When you say that "all pokemon must be from the same region", do you mean that they must all be found in a specific region's regional dex (for instance gliscor and haxorus are allowed together because they are both found in Kalos) or do they have to be introduced in the same generation?
If the latter, are cross-generation evolutions legal (such as Weavile and Skarmory on the same team)?
they must be in the same dex number range (posted them in rules) so that doesn't allow Weavile and Skarmory for example as Skarm falls into the 152-251 Johto/Gen 2 pool while Weavile doesn't. It's easier to just check Serebii, they got tabs for each gen pretty much. The only exceptions like I mentioned are Alolan forms since they have a dex number that belongs to gen 1, for the purpose of this tournament they belong exclusively to gen 7/Alola. So you can't make a team with Cloyster and Alolan Sandslash for example.

So does that mean the tournament is gonna start monday? I'll be in the field until Tuesday afternoon. I don't know if that's gonna be an issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)