Battle Maison Discussion & Records

Andrew

beep boop
is a Top Artist Alumnus
hey I'm really tired of losing at the BM at 30~40 wins on super singles, and would like some help/suggestions on my new team. Past teams have included swords dance/speed boost scolipede passing to m-mawile, and swagkeys w/ cosmic power sigilyph lol. I've decided to use stronger pokemon

Gyarados @ Lum Berry
intimidate
jolly/adamant
252 atk/252speed
-dragon dance
-waterfall
-return/earthquake
-stone edge/rock slide

Tyranitar @assulat vest/CS or CB/leftovers?
sand stream
sassy/careful/adamant/jolly?
252 hp/?
-crunch
-stone edge/rock slide
-iron head/fireblast/icebeam
-earthquake/?

Excadrill WeaKness policy/life orb/leftovers?
sand rush
adamant
252 hp/252 atk
-earthquake
-rock slide
-swords dance
-poison jab/x-scissor/sand storm?

the first thing i notice is the redundancy of edgequake coveradge here. I was thinking maybe tyranitar would go mixed w/ assault vest to help increase the coveradge. Also there are so many options on t-tar that i have no idea what would be good for the BM in the context of this team. Bulky tank or attacker? im leaning toward throwing the rest of the evs into spD just so he can tank the hits that gyarados and excadrill don't want to take. I chose gyarados because I needed someone who could resist excadrills and tyranitars weaknessess, which gyarados does nicely.
my planned strategy is lead with tyranitar, take down as much as possible, then switch to excadrill to abuse sand rush and sweep, or bring in gyarados to and do the same. pretty simple i guess.
Mainly I have no idea/am wondering, what would be the best t-tar set to compliment excadrill and gyarados?

R Inanimate

It's Lunatic Time
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
There are a lot of situations when I'm using Aron that I'm up against Pokemon with Fake Out. As stated in my write up, they don't always use Fake Out even if they have it. With Berry Juice, I can risk them trying to use Fake Out on my Aron, and still be okay to take another attack. Likewise, there are situations where I'm up against other priority attack users, where I have Aron end up taking two attacks before it can move.

With Battle Frontier-like facilities being a lot more about consistancy... I'd rather know that I'm guraranteed to be a 3HKO instead of potentially being downed in 2 at a time where being able to take that one extra hit matters the most.

Hey, I'm planning on using Cloyster in the singles-should I run Razor Shell or Ice Shard on him?
Depends on what the rest of your team is. If you run Ice Shard, you'll be able to beat Priority users and also get in that last bit of damage before you die. However you'll be walled by Steel types. If you run Razor Shell you'll get better coverage, at the cost of potentially being killed by priority users before you can damage stuff.

Hey, I'm planning on using Cloyster in the singles-should I run Razor Shell or Ice Shard on him?
I run Ice Shard. Thinking about it, Ice Shard saved me more times than Razor Shell would have been useful. I run Focus Sash Cloyster lead, and that got me to about battle 46 practically single-handedly.

I run Ice Shard. Thinking about it, Ice Shard saved me more times than Razor Shell would have been useful. I run Focus Sash Cloyster lead, and that got me to about battle 46 practically single-handedly.
OK well I tuaght mine Razor Shell and alredy evolved it... Oh well, shouldn't take too long to breed another.

Anyway, what are good teammates for Cloyster? I'm planning on using Mega Kangaskhan, but I'm not sure with the shared fighting weakness. My other option is Mega Mawile, while I have no idea what to put in the third slot. If I chose Kangaskhan, then the third slot will almost definitely be a ghost-type, probably Aegislash. If I chose Mawile, I will probably go with a ground-type such as Garchomp. Anyone have any advice?

EDIT: also, should I run Adamant or Jolly on Cloyster?

Last edited:

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
Wow, I ran into a Drifblim with Custap Berry and Destiny Bond. That's just cruel.

EDIT: also, should I run Adamant or Jolly on Cloyster?
Jolly helps it outspeed things like Scarf Manectric. If I had that, I wouldn't have had so much trouble in this video: 3HMW-WWWW-WWW3-ESJU. On the other hand, there are some things where the power difference is pretty important.

Last edited:
Battle Maison AI DOES NOT recognize Unaware. I finally got my Clefable trained and it's ripping through. My opponents regularly use DD/SD/Double Team/Curse against me. Had one Charizard use DD a full six times while I set up. Clefable ALONE has gotten me up to 20. As in, I haven't touched either of my backups at all.

Battle Maison AI DOES NOT recognize Unaware. I finally got my Clefable trained and it's ripping through. My opponents regularly use DD/SD/Double Team/Curse against me. Had one Charizard use DD a full six times while I set up. Clefable ALONE has gotten me up to 20. As in, I haven't touched either of my backups at all.
That's pretty funny.

How did you train your Clefable?

should I run Adamant or Jolly on Cloyster?
i'm not sure what the fastest thing is this gen, but last gen scarf manectric was the fastest at 258 speed. jolly (or naive) nature cloyster with 228 speed EVs will outspeed manectric by 2 points and then you can dump the extra EVs into bulk. running full speed EVs will let you outspeed scarf heliolisk, galvantula, coballion, terrakion, virizion, keldeo and infernape. who would probably 2 hit cloyster if they are faster. i don't know if they exist with a scarf though.

so yeah, run a positive speed nature because there's a few threats that you a need positive nature to outspeed.

Last edited:
Fierza, seeing as you're using the same Dusclops as I did in my 360 Super Doubles streaks I would really recommend you to run Brick Break > Power-Up-Punch.
The only reason I did not was because I never picked up the TM (and still haven't).
When you pair Dusclops with an Endeavor abuser, you'll do at least 12 HP with Power-Up-Punch to ~95% of those who are immune to Night Shade, which is why I never bothered to swap it for Brick Break. I actually almost lost once because I went for Endeavor + Power-Up-Puch on Sitrus Berry Rampardos.

Peterko pretty much calced the whole Subway to point out that Surf is better than Razor Shell (you need to go Naughty here ofcourse).
Not mainly damage wise, but mostly for the fact that a Razor Shell miss can cost you the match easily.

I will update the OP later today.

Fierza, seeing as you're using the same Dusclops as I did in my 360 Super Doubles streaks I would really recommend you to run Brick Break > Power-Up-Punch.
The only reason I did not was because I never picked up the TM (and still haven't).
When you pair Dusclops with an Endeavor abuser, you'll do at least 12 HP with Power-Up-Punch to ~95% of those who are immune to Night Shade, which is why I never bothered to swap it for Brick Break. I actually almost lost once because I went for Endeavor + Power-Up-Puch on Sitrus Berry Rampardos.

Peterko pretty much calced the whole Subway to point out that Surf is better than Razor Shell (you need to go Naughty here ofcourse).
Not mainly damage wise, but mostly for the fact that a Razor Shell miss can cost you the match easily.

I will update the OP later today.
Okey, thanks for that info. Once Pokébank opens, I guess Night shade+Seismic toss are the go-to attacks for a TR+eviolite Dusclops, but I have set my goal at getting the last throphy pre-pokébank (Multis be damned..) so just now im trying whatever i fint somewhat viable. I have considered going with scrappy Exploud for the pure dmg and some bulk, but not yet bred one good enough for it. Thinking about pairing him with Greninja, kinda like a guy on the page before posted. This would ofc be for multis where I pair up with a 2nd 3ds. Both with life orb ofc.

Only leaves MEvos to be decided for each of the teams. Thinking M-Khan on the Greninja team, and M-Gardevoir on the Exploud team. Khan due to the sheer physical power and sash+sub breaking abilities, Gardevoir to take any Fighting types that think they can come and have an easy time against this team.

Not optimised, but thats my overall thoughts for mulit. I could ofc always go for the lvl 1 aron+lvl 1 smeargle+Clops+Aegis, just need to figure which to grp with which for the best survival overall in multi.

That's pretty funny.

How did you train your Clefable?
I've got a Relaxed 248HP 248 DF 12 SpA with Calm Mind/Moonlight/Aromatherapy/Moonblast holding Leftovers. It's surprisingly mean. I finally lost Clefable to a Hypnosis Gengar, but it was pretty awesome up 'til then.

Think this team will work for a team-up multi?

Greninja @ Focus Sash
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Surf
- Grass Knot
- Mat Block
- Protect

Exploud @ Life Orb
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Boomburst
- Flamethrower
- Ice Beam
- Protect

Gardevoir-Mega @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace -> Pixilate
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Energy Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Psyshock

Garchomp-Mega @ Garchompite
Ability: Sand Force
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Dragon Claw
- Protect

Still on the fence of what to use on each team, thinking Greninja+Garchomp and Gardevoir+Exploud in order to ease out on weaknesses.

Okay, I need to know which is better- Adamant Cloyster with Ice Shard or Jolly/Naive Cloyster with water STAB? I know that Ice Shard can OHKO the Battle Chatelaine's Landorus, but with Jolly nature I can outspeed it at and other threats at +2 while having room for water coverage. Please help!

Last edited:
Think this team will work for a team-up multi?

Greninja @ Focus Sash
Ability: Protean
Timid Nature
- Surf
- Grass Knot
- Mat Block
- Protect

Exploud @ Life Orb
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Boomburst
- Flamethrower
- Ice Beam
- Protect

Gardevoir-Mega @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace -> Pixilate
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Energy Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Psyshock

Garchomp-Mega @ Garchompite
Ability: Sand Force
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Dragon Claw
- Protect

Still on the fence of what to use on each team, thinking Greninja+Garchomp and Gardevoir+Exploud in order to ease out on weaknesses.
Hey dude, while your team does have some nice synergy going, I think you are overlooking Pokemon with choice scarf. I ran a team pretty much identical to this one in doubles (Albeit with a few moves swapped and Telepathy Musharna over Gardevoir,) and I got pulverized by a choice scraf Garchomp...and he isn't even the only choice Pokemon. That being said, I didn't run ice beam on Greninja and had lum berry on him on that run, but Pokemon faster then Greninja have the potential to cause major issues for my team in general. Garchomp in particular since he can't even be paralyzed AND he plus his partner could make quick work of Musharna.

Granted, I haven't tried the Multi battles, so i wouldn't really know if your partner could take care of that issue or not, but this is something to think about if it's anything like Doubles...

And also, have you considered Protect on the Gradevoir? You'll lose out on coverage, but it might be a worthy investment if you're worried about Gardevoir's ability to survive.

I could run protect on Gardevoir instead of energy ball, for some extra protection. Also considering replacing rock slide on garchomp with poison jab/fire fang/iron head to avoid the accuracy screwing up for me.

I am also on the fence when it comes to Greninjas 2nd move, with surf set in stone. I dont know if ice beam or grass knot will be more helpful, but think I am leaning on using ice beam due to all the veteran legendaries I cover with ice±water, and with gardevoir as backup on any non-ground waters.

Edit: Fail from my side, cant get hype voice on gardevoir prebank, so will have to use dazzling gleam :-/

Last edited:
I could run protect on Gardevoir instead of energy ball, for some extra protection. Also considering replacing rock slide on garchomp with poison jab/fire fang/iron head to avoid the accuracy screwing up for me.

I am also on the fence when it comes to Greninjas 2nd move, with surf set in stone. I dont know if ice beam or grass knot will be more helpful, but think I am leaning on using ice beam due to all the veteran legendaries I cover with ice±water, and with gardevoir as backup on any non-ground waters.
Yeah, I think Ice beam would be good. Only thing is that Greninja would then not be able to hit the majority of water types that well, but I suppose your partners/ other Pokemon can deal with that. Also, other considerations include Draco Meteor and Fire Blast/Flamethrower for Garchomp. While they are special based moves, they can be helpful, since MGarchomp's 120 base special attack is very good, and that can help it overcome defensive walls. (Specifically looking at skarmory and Bronzong)

Yeah, I think Ice beam would be good. Only thing is that Greninja would then not be able to hit the majority of water types that well, but I suppose your partners/ other Pokemon can deal with that. Also, other considerations include Draco Meteor and Fire Blast/Flamethrower for Garchomp. While they are special based moves, they can be helpful, since MGarchomp's 120 base special attack is very good, and that can help it overcome defensive walls. (Specifically looking at skarmory and Bronzong)
Ye, fire blast/flamethrower are probably the better 3rd moves as mega, flamethrower even beat out fire fang

Definitely, especially in terms of base power. Though again dude, do you have an idea of how you will deal with choice users, or is that not an issue for you at all?

Definitely, especially in terms of base power. Though again dude, do you have an idea of how you will deal with choice users, or is that not an issue for you at all?
Not too much, no. Sash on Greninja makes him able to 1HKO back usually, or if there are electric types, I just switch to garchomp. This is just in theory for now, as i havent fully tested the team yet, and still breeding the exploud

Not too much, no. Sash on Greninja makes him able to 1HKO back usually, or if there are electric types, I just switch to garchomp. This is just in theory for now, as i havent fully tested the team yet, and still breeding the exploud
Makes Sense, though the other Pokemon could cause trouble...but you can then just protect if you think the AI will double target due to weaknesses.

That being said, if my own double team still doesn't work out, I am considering replacing either Garchomp or Musharna with Talonflame thanks to awesome Brave Bird Priority. Only issue then would be the decision of either choice band for maximum attack potential, or sky plate/ life orb for more flexibility in what Talonflame can do.

Stone RG

Megas are broke
You know what i learned yesterday? 1. Dont give all your breeded perfect pokes a chance. 2. Mega Blastoise doesnt tank a CB giga Impact from Staraptor, at least not wo Max HP. I lost at 22 and everybody here has gone through 80+ win streaks, fml.

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
Lost the 96th battle in super doubles (streak 95). MCQW-WWWW-WWW3-FBTQ

Garchomp @ Yache Jolly 4HP/252atk/252spe
Dragon Claw/EQ/SD/Protect

Rotom-W @ Assault Vest Modest 236HP/56SpAtk/220Spe
Hydro Pump/Thunderbolt/Discharge/Shadow Ball

Scizor @ Scizorite Adamant 252HP/252Atk/4Spe
Bullet Punch/X-Scissor/Protect/SD

Togekiss Lefties Modest 244HP/252SpAtk/12Spe
Air Slash/Aura Sphere/TWave/Roost

I didn't really use TWave tbh... might have been better off with Protect.

You know what i learned yesterday? 1. Dont give all your breeded perfect pokes a chance. 2. Mega Blastoise doesnt tank a CB giga Impact from Staraptor, at least not wo Max HP. I lost at 22 and everybody here has gone through 80+ win streaks, fml.
Same here dude. The Choice items can ruin whole teams... I've only gotten to 27 and 23 on the Super Doubles. Also confusion hax is the most frustrating thing on this planet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)