Battle Maison Discussion & Records

Right now at Triples, I am running with my Tyranitar/MAeroDactyl/Excadrill/Garchomp/Rotom-W/Aegislash team. First run they ended with 135 streak due to getting stopped by a Confuse ray Brightpowder Haxigigas. Second run I'm in 110's right now and hoping they can bypass it even further.
Good luck man

Well that's how Bank used to work, I think they're fixing it so that hackmons won't go through. I'm crossing my fingers though. Hopefully I can transfer my hacked 6IV dittos. :p
And no no no; please no. No more hacks. It's really annoying to see people still going at it, and I hope that they develop Pokebank's security system.

Though it wouldn't matter if you use them for breeding or for Battle Maison.

Almost lost at 114 in Triples. Porygon2 saves the day!

EUQW-WWWW-WWW4-6MH6

My team has almost no synergy and it's still going strong. It's probably Serperior. :3

Hi folks,

I want to take on the Battle Maison for the first time. And this will also be my first foray into the metagame. I was wondering if I could get some suggestions for a team with the following Pokemon:

Chandelure
Skarmory
Honchkrow

They're my three favorite Pokemon, and I'd like to take on the BM with them. Any and all help is much appreciated. :)

Hi folks,

I want to take on the Battle Maison for the first time. And this will also be my first foray into the metagame. I was wondering if I could get some suggestions for a team with the following Pokemon:

Chandelure
Skarmory
Honchkrow

They're my three favorite Pokemon, and I'd like to take on the BM with them. Any and all help is much appreciated. :)
Hmm.. I think your team needs some changes since you got 2 pokemon weak to rock while you have no resistances to it, and probably some other reasons that I can't think of right now, since I don't think that these pokemon would work well together.

Anyways, good luck man and I hope you find success in making your team

Hi folks,

Chandelure
Skarmory
Honchkrow

For Super Singles? Might want to consider swapping out Honchkrow for something resistant to rock and can hit back hard. Maybe Garchomp? Chandelure would cover the ice weakness nicely. Also, may I know what are you using Skarmory for? Entry hazards not very useful in Battle Maison if that's what you're doing.

On the other hand, just lost at Super Doubles yet again (when everything was so well and I was so sure I could reach Battle 50). Battle 46: K6XW-WWWW-WWW4-8K4R. I'm @#$%-ing sure that a stupid 10% freeze chance move (Ice Punch) can freeze my Azumarill twice in a row with no thawing out for so many turns so that the AI can gang up on all my other Pokes in the meantime. What a load of rubbish. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

After using the team at http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/battle-maison-discussion-records.3492706/page-36#post-5112691 I lost at 30 once but persisted since I kinda been told it was a solid team. Then I finally reached the Battle Chatelaine after going through the USUAL 3 veterans in the 40's. :D

R9XG-WWWW-WWW4-8ZAH

Battle Chatelaine Evelyn sent out Raikou and Latios!
Go Lucario and Typhlosion!
Raikou floats using its Air Balloon.

Turn 1:
Lucario transformed into Mega Lucario
Raikou used Protect
Typhlosion used Eruption (Latios: 80%)
Latios used Calm Mind
Lucario used Crunch (Latios: 30%)

Turn 2:
Evelyn withdrew Latios
Entei appears!
Lucario used Bullet Punch (Entei: 95%)
Typhlosion used Eruption (Entei: 95%, Raikou: 40%)
Entei's flash fire raised its special attack!
Raikou used Thunderbolt (Lucario: 40%)

OK, maybe I should've checked the cheat sheet of her Pokemon. I was afraid of Entei being an Eruption one. So Lucariou went to Bullet Punch it to reduce the damage further. It's a mistake. :D

Turn 3:
Lucario used Bullet Punch (Entei: 90%)
Typhlosion used Eruption (Entei: 95%)
Raikou fainted!
Entei used Sacred Fire
Lucario fainted!
The opposing Entei lost some of its HP (Entei: 75%)

Go Garchomp!
Suicune appears!

At this point, Eruption was fairly useless, so I decided to remove Typhlosion from the front line.

Turn 4:
Come back, Typhlosion.
Go Togekiss!
Garchomp used Earthquake! (Suicune: 40%)
Entei fainted!
Suicune used Icy Wind! (Garchomp: 80%, Togekiss: 90%)
It's super effective!
Garchomp's Yache Berry reduced the damage.
Garchomp's speed fell.
Togekiss! speed fell.

Latios appears!

Ok, so Suicune is gonna do another ice attack next turn. I was thinking if I should just let Garchomp get fainted or put in Typhlosion and take a hit. I chose wrong.

Turn 5:
Latios used Recover! (Latios: 80%)
Suicune used Blizzard! (Togekiss: 60%)
It's super effective!
Togekiss was frozen!
Garchomp fainted!

Go Typhlosion!

Now I'm sweating. I can't rely on Eruption since the opposing guys are both resistant. Extrasensory probably won't do much. And there's a Latios with 80% health on the other side!
The only attack I have is Focus Miss. It's all over... I just hope Suicune would be slain by the Focus Blast so I'll have a chance.

Turn 6:
Typhlosion used Focus Blast! (Suicune: 10%)
Suicune used Blizzard! (Typhlosion: 100% Togekiss: 30%)
Typhlosion avoided the attack.
Latios used Calm Mind!

GAAAAAAHHHHHHH!

But...

Togekiss thawed out!
Togekiss used Dazzling Gleam!
It's super effective on Latios!
A critical hit on Latios!
Suicune fainted!
Latios fainted!

Yeahhh! Take that haxing !@#%ers! That felt awesome.

On the other hand, just lost at Super Doubles yet again (when everything was so well and I was so sure I could reach Battle 50). Battle 46: K6XW-WWWW-WWW4-8K4R. I'm @#$%-ing sure that a stupid 10% freeze chance move (Ice Punch) can freeze my Azumarill twice in a row with no thawing out for so many turns so that the AI can gang up on all my other Pokes in the meantime. What a load of rubbish. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
That's rough. Good luck on your next try is the only thing I can say...

Hi folks,

Chandelure
Skarmory
Honchkrow

Ah welcome. Are you doing singles? I don't think setup is great for that team, so I'll talk about Doubles instead! I'll let you figure out your own singles team. Pick a favorite (hopefully competitive) Pokemon and build a team around it.

Doubles Suggestion:
For doubles, Chandelure and Honchkrow can lead. Chandelure will be the attacker with Honchkrow in support (either full Def and Spdef IV's OR 128 in each defense then the rest in attack).

Chandelure seems like a decent Assault Vest user, if you do you max out HP and SP. ATK EV's, otherwise go with the either 252 hp/speed or 252 spatt/speed.
It would be awesome if you can acquire a Heat Wave Chandelure or Magcargo from B2W2 with Heat Wave you can breed. It's probably the best choice for doubles.

Honchkrow support can have moves: Brave Bird, Sucker Punch, your pick of Thunder Wave/Tailwind/Protect/Night Slash for the last 2 moves.

If you do Assault Vest Chandelure, Skarmory is a good switch in in case you need to tank physical moves. Skarm is also a good bait for fire attacks in case you gave Chandelure the Flash Fire ability.

We're not gonna use entry hazards here, so Agility or Swords Dance Skarmory is pretty good. Here's a suggestion for moves: Agility/Swords Dance, Brave Bird, Rock Slide, Steel Wing/Pursuit/X-Scissor/Whirlwind.

For your last member I would recommend a rock-resistant Pokemon. In case the opponent leads with something that can Rock Slide, you need to double switch out of it to Skarm and your last member. Metagross is a decent suggestion for this. Rock-types can be taken out by Meteor Mash or Earthquake. You can have Zen Headbutt too, since you may need to take out fighting types that commonly pack Rock Slide or Stone Edge. Last move can be Bullet Punch for priority, Magnet Rise for safety against Earthquake, or Agility for... uh, speed.

Last edited by a moderator:
But...
Togekiss thawed out!
Suicune fainted!
Latios fainted!

I love that, when you're like "Well, I guess this run is done now." and then YOU get the hax.
Had it earlier with an Azumarill getting Thundered versus a Zapdos.

"Well, I guess Azumarill is dead."
Thunder misses, waterfall as planned for a kill. Wahoo!

Turn 6:
Typhlosion used Focus Blast! (Suicune: 10%)
Suicune used Blizzard! (Typhlosion: 100% Togekiss: 30%)
Typhlosion avoided the attack.
Latios used Calm Mind!

GAAAAAAHHHHHHH!

But...

Togekiss thawed out!
Suicune fainted!
Latios fainted!

hahaha, sounds just like one of my battles:

XLCW-WWWW-WWW2-R287 (Latias/Heatran/Thundurus/Zapdos) Battle No. 171

(Read: Thundurus misses Focus Miss on Garchomp that would of ended my streak which then went for rock slide on Zapdos and Thundurus that got both of them)

Feels good for the h4x to be on your side.

Aaaaaaaand after 3 months of attemps finally the super single maid is DOWN!
Atm i'me still in streak, i'll update my record asap.
Team:

Mega Kangaskhan @ Kangaskhanite
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Scrappy
IV: 31/31/31/x/31/31
252 Atk/ 252 Spe / 4 HP
Return
Sucker Punch
Earthquake
Power-up Punch

Garchomp @ Lum Berry
Ability: Rough Skin
IV: 31/31/31/x/31/31
252 Atk / 252 / Spe / 4 HP
-Swords Dance
-Fire Fang
-Outrage
-Earthquake

Greninja @ Focus Sash
Nature: Timid
Ability: Protean
IV: 31/x/31/31/31/31
6 HP/ 252 SP.ATK/ 252 SPE
-Ice Beam
-Hydro Pump
-Extrasensory
-Mat Block

Ugh. Lost my Triples streak, peaking at 119. The sad part was that I could have actually won the lost battle, had I bothered to put PPups on every move my Porygon2 knew...

Lost battle #120 here: WUWG-WWWW-WWW4-8UUE

(Don't watch until the end, it's just PP stall wars)

Yeah, that's a Porygon2 taking +6 Dragon Pulses from a Latias like they were simply a stiff breeze. I love Porygon2.

Anyway here's my team, which literally had no synergy at all. It was basically "choose a few favorite mons, try out a new mega, add in Terrakion just cuz." I'm surprised how well the team worked.

Serperior (Florina/F) @ Light Clay (Position: Left)
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 HP/4 SpA/252 Spe
-Reflect
-Light Screen
-Taunt
-Giga Drain

My absolute favorite mon, and pretty much the backbone of the entire team. Its mission is to set up screens as fast as possible, Taunt anything that would be annoying like stallers or statusers, and Giga Drain until dead. I used to use Klefki as a Screener, and Prankster screens is always nice. However, Serperior had some advantages over Klefki, the main thing being Taunt, and the ability to sustain itself with Giga Drain. 113 Speed is enough to outspeed almost any non-Scarfed mon, so Prankster wasn't really necessary.

Terrakion (Might) @ Choice Scarf (Position: Center)
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
-Rock Slide
-Earthquake
-Close Combat
-X-Scissor

This guy is so good. Main use was just to spam Rock Slide over and over, though in some cases I'd opt to use Close Combat or Earthquake. X-Scissor was for the Psychics or Grass types that threatened to do things early. Rock Slide flinch hax has saved me so many times as well. It used to have a Choice Band, but I found out that Speed was more valuable than Attack.

Charizard (Fury/M) @ Charizardite Y (Position: Right)
Ability: Blaze/Drought
EVs: 4 HP/252 SpA/252 Spe
-Fire Blast
-SolarBeam
-Focus Blast
-Fly (lol)

Special Nuke. This guy deals tons of damage to pretty much everything. The only problems with it are its poor accuracy moves (I considered using Flamethrower over Fire Blast, but Fire Blast is better at nuking neutral mons like Cradily or Gliscor), average speed (100 is not good enough) and the fact that any Rock move absolutely kills it even with screens up. Oh, and the fact it has Fly instead of something more useful, although Fly does attack across the field in Triples so it has helped sometimes. The danger in using this guy is that sometimes I forget the opponent is faster, or they have a scarf, and they OHKO my Zard with a Rock move before it can do anything. And, Drought works both ways. If the opponent has a lot of Fire types, Drought boosted Fire attacks will hurt even with screens up. Overall though, I like this guy more than Megazard X.

Latias (Dizzy/F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
-Dragon Pulse
-Psyshock
-Roost
-Healing Wish

All around special attacker. Can take hits, Roost them off or use Lefties recovery, and Dragon Pulse can hit across the field. Healing Wish is in case Terrakion or Megazard Y gets terribly hurt. Walled by Steels, though, which is annoying.

Porygon-2 (Hacker) @ Eviolite
Ability: Trace
Nature: Calm
EVs: 252 HP/32 Def/224 SpD
-Ice Beam
-Thunderbolt
-Recover
-Thunder Wave

THE TANK. This guy is the tankiest mon I have ever seen. I think he died only once throughout my whole streak, and it was because of a critical. Thunder Wave is useful to slow down fast threats, and BoltBeam coverage is great overall. Recover makes it so it can't die. I hate how Trace works in Triple battles though, sometimes. I've accidentally traced Traunt before, and I would have totally lost one battle had my Porygon-2, one of my last mons so no switching, Traced an opponent's Regigigas's Slow Start. Luckily, it Traced something else.

Porygon-Z (Error) @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
-Tri Attack
-Dark Pulse
-Psyshock
-Nasty Plot

My secondary nuker in case Megazard Y goes down. Not much else to say about him, he barely got used unless I was getting hit hard. Useful to kill bulky mons, as after a Nasty Plot Tri Attack OHKOs everything that doesn't resist it. Also my second favorite mon, so that's probably why it's even used lol. I used to use Jellicent, but Drought interfered with Scald.

As you can see, almost no team synergy other than "put down screens, attack things." The main problems I had were speed issues. Terrakion is the fastest, but next is Serperior at 113 Speed, Latias at 110, Megazard at 100, Porygon-Z at 90, and Porygon-2 at 60. A lot of mons are faster than most of mine so I have to be very careful otherwise I can lose 1-2 mons quickly. Oh, and the fact that most of my team other than Terrakion are Special attackers, which can be a problem if facing Calm Mind users. Other than that, this team worked pretty well.

I dunno how to improve it, but man I do not look forward to trying again. I want to get to 200 wins though...

Last edited:
I love you Togekiss :)

I love that, when you're like "Well, I guess this run is done now." and then YOU get the hax.
Had it earlier with an Azumarill getting Thundered versus a Zapdos.

"Well, I guess Azumarill is dead."
Thunder misses, waterfall as planned for a kill. Wahoo!
hahaha, sounds just like one of my battles:

XLCW-WWWW-WWW2-R287 (Latias/Heatran/Thundurus/Zapdos) Battle No. 171

(Read: Thundurus misses Focus Miss on Garchomp that would of ended my streak which then went for rock slide on Zapdos and Thundurus that got both of them)

Feels good for the h4x to be on your side.
I'm glad to see that we get lucky sometimes and not just the computer. Thanks!
It's like apologizing for all the other times I've been ruined by Hax.

I just got through Multi Battles up to 50 with a computer ally.
I've been using a similar strategy to my doubles team, except replace Typhlosion with AI buddy Juan's Entei.

My guys:
Kangaskhan (Adamant, Scrappy, Mega Kangaskhanite) - Power-up Punch, Return, Earthquake, Sucker Punch
Greninja (Timid, Protean, Focus Sash) - Ice Beam, Grass Knot, Dark Pulse, Scald

Juan's guys:
Entei (??, Pressure, Choice Scarf) - Eruption, Heat Wave, Extrasensory, Solar Beam
Kingdra (??, Sniper, Maranga Berry) - Rain Dance, Hydro Pump, Dragon Pulse, Ice Beam

Level 40+ featured 4 veterans including a pair of them.

The boss fight went a bit too smoothly, the only time I was scared is the first turn, where I hoped Tornadus would throw out an attack, and it did, so it got Suckered and Erupted, fainting it. After that it was just about knocking out one Pokemon per turn.

959G-WWWW-WWW4-9BK8

Good day, people!

With the advent of 6th gen, I'm planning to try out competitive Pokemon, starting with the Battle Maison.

I'm planning to use a Clawitzer, with Galvantula for Sticky Web support in the Super Singles (eventually).

Any suggestions for a third member?

Thanks!

If you lead with Galvantula, you can volt switch to Clawitzer to take fire attacks. The other singles member can be resistant to flying and rock. Steel seems to be a good idea, though if you guess wrong fire attacks can be a problem (unless it's Heatran, but I don't expect most people to have one at this time).

Suggestions:
Mawile
Metagross
Aggron
Bisharp
Klefki
Steelix
Carbink

Back! I haven't had time to play much in the past two days, but I've been thinking about Rotation since I haven't done much of it.

Would a set-up sweeper be the best for Rotation?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back! I haven't had time to play much in the past two days, but I've been thinking about Rotation since I haven't done much of it.

From my experience, the only good setups are M Kanga with PoPunch and SD Aegis. I guess bellyjet azumarill also could work. Those 3 form a nice core, so just to find a special attacker to finish the team up. Maybe also a supporter if more needed.

AWailOfATail

viva la darmz

Or you could just go Mega-Kang. :P

But, depending on who it is, yea, it could work. Haven't even started Rotation myself though.

For singles, I'm using a Prankster Tailwinder with Eject Button to lead directly into Mega-Kang. Who will then wreck. With a special sweeper in the background if it matters.

Or you could just go Mega-Kang. :P

But, depending on who it is, yea, it could work. Haven't even started Rotation myself though.

For singles, I'm using a Prankster Tailwinder with Eject Button to lead directly into Mega-Kang. Who will then wreck. With a special sweeper in the background if it matters.
You can also use gale wings Talon for prio tailwind

AWailOfATail

viva la darmz
You can also use gale wings Talon for prio tailwind
Yea, but too lazy to find a good FS. Got a Cottonee off of GTS, so I'll just use that. Might just use a scarfed Greninja in reserves for the Landorus in 50. Other suggestions would be great, though.

Yea, but too lazy to find a good FS. Got a Cottonee off of GTS, so I'll just use that. Might just use a scarfed Greninja in reserves for the Landorus in 50. Other suggestions would be great, though.
Just give greninja focus sash, give it ice bea and you should more or less beat her. Only issue would be the one of the therains with yache berry, but Kanga can easily take that one out. You can also just switch to a ghost type on lando, take 2 turns of boost before she swiches, then sweep again

AccidentalGreed

Sweet and bitter as chocolate.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I never thought I'd be posting in a place like this, or ever actually get a high streak in a Battle Tower/Subway/Maison thing. But I did over my trip to New York, and no thanks to a certain Maid with a Perish Song Lapras and a Bastiodon who just happened to have Sitrus Berry, I now have this for Triple Battles:

Such a shame, but I kinda wanted it to end so I could move on to Doubles and Rotation battles lol

As I'm quite new and inexperienced at Triples overall (compounded with Smogon not supporting anything else other than Doubles and VGC), I was shocked that I even got this high. Here's the team that I used for the majority of the run (with IVs in the "right places"):

Heracross @ Life Orb
Ability: Moxie
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Megahorn
- Close Combat
- Rock Slide
- Protect
  • Basically my wallbreaker and one of my team aces. It gets coverage and power against pretty much every Maison Pokemon except dedicated physical walls, and will bring down at least one or two Pokemon, if not everything.
  • Since it lures in Flying- and Fire-type moves, Protect is there to stall while my other Pokemon uses their Speed-lowering moves.
  • Has problems against White Herb Fire-types like Magmortar and Pyroar, since White Herb allows them to recover from Speed drops from Icy Wind and Bulldoze.
  • Can bring down a majority of Pokemon on Veteran teams.
  • May rely a bit much on Icy Wind support, and sometimes has accuracy issues.
  • Dude. This thing. Just...use it next time, because Moxie and Heracross's base 120 moves are just THAT good.

Empoleon @ Chople Berry
Ability: Torrent
252 HP / 236 SpA / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
-Protect
-Icy Wind
-Scald
-Grass Knot
  • My Icy Wind user, and functions mainly to help Heracross overcome faster Flying-, Fire-, or Psychic-type Pokemon.
  • Also functions decently against Trick Room teams due to how little it GAF to regular TR Maison Pokemon.
  • Honestly, I have no idea why I'm running a Bold nature on this thing. In several situations, a power boost from Modest would have came in handy, but running through the Maison with a somewhat inefficient spread still proves to me how useful Empoleon is.
  • Has problems against Electric-type moves, but doesn't fall to much outside from that.

Kangaskhan @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Early Bird
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Return
- Crunch
- Bulldoze
  • My Fake Out user and battering ram. It can sweep by itself, in addition to assisting Heracross sweeps by flinching its counters.
  • Really, the only thing debatable here is Bulldoze, which I find myself not using much because Empoleon was weak against it (but it didn't take much from what I saw), and it was too weak to KO several things.

Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Gale Wings
60 HP / 252 Atk / 196 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Swords Dance
- Tailwind
  • Priority Brave Bird and Tailwind are great, since they help the team in dire situations.
  • Talonflame doesn't really last that long since it attracts attacks and it relies on recoil moves, but assuming there's no Rock-types, it does a fine job.

Arcanine @ Black Belt / Air Balloon
Ability: Intimidate
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- Extreme Speed
- Helping Hand
  • Assists the team with powerful physical attacks, Intimidate, and Helping Hand.
  • I found myself not using Extreme Speed very often, but it REALLY helped in desperate times and saved me from a few bad situations, such as against weakened Speed boosting opponents, and when Talonflame was absent.
  • Helping Hand proved helpful towards my offensive Pokemon.

Glaceon @ Leftovers
Ability: Snow Cloak
252 HP / 184 Def / 72 SpA
Bold Nature
- Icy Wind
- Baby-Doll Eyes / Shadow Ball
- Protect
- Helping Hand
  • Honestly I just used this thing because I felt that I needed another Helping Hand / Icy Wind user when Empoleon wasn't around. Plus, it's Glaceon lol
  • Really though, this thing helped me out a few times, but I couldn't help but wonder if I should replace it with another Pokemon, since it usually just stands around and uses a few Icy Wind before the opponent is defeated.
  • Baby-Doll Eyes, Shadow Ball, and Protect were also subjects of debate, the former two moreso because they only proved useful in situational instances.
  • Glaceon is surprisingly bulky as fuck.
  • Possibly the cause of the end of my streak due to a lack of powerful options against Bastiodon.
THESE ARE REPLACED POKEMON THAT WERE PREVIOUSLY ON THE TEAM:

Blastoise @ Choice Specs
Ability: Torrent
252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Muddy Water
- Dark Pulse
- Aura Sphere
- Dragon Pulse

• Choice Specs boosted Muddy Water was cool and all, but I kinda got tired of all the Water resists coming in to wall Blastoise locked into it. It also lacked Protect and wasn't fast enough to Shift with other Pokemon if needed.
  • Was originally used as Mega Blastoise (for Mega Launcher moves), but, well, Fake Out Mega Kangaskhan became essential to my strategies, and eventually Blastoise was forced to equip Specs instead, and eventually became replaced by Empoleon as my strategy solidified.

Gardevoir @ Pixie Plate / Focus Sash
Ability: Trace
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Dazzling Gleam
- Focus Blast
- Psychic / Psychock

• Gardevoir didn't really contribute to the team early on in the Maison run. Gardevoir's item choice also left me with some complications; if I use Focus Sash, Dazzling Gleam is piss weak, and if not, Gardevoir tends goes down very very quickly to quicker physical attackers.
  • Was eventually replaced with Heracross due to the popularity of Psychic-, Rock-, and Grass-types that could be defeated by Heracross.
I WILL UPDATE THIS POST WITH IMPORTANT BATTLE VIDEOS LATER, INCLUDING MY LOSS.

Thank you for reading.

EDIT: I'M A LAZY ASS AND AM FINALLY UPDATING THIS STUPID POST AFTER LIKE TWO 1/2 YEARS: TNVW-WWWW-WWW4-G26Z

Last edited:

AWailOfATail

viva la darmz
Nice job!

But I'm freakin tired of this. I went for my third attempt at singles. All three stopped in like the 20s. By a Gurdurr. Max Attack Kang fails to OHKO max Def Gurdurr, who then Dynamicpunches (which never misses in the Maison) and then MPs. Everything else is annihilated, except for this guy. And then Greninja gets OHKOd by Stunfisk.

Thanks a lot, Greninja. I'll run PZ or Togekiss or something. Scarfed PZ most likely. Take a seat until battle 50.

Nice job!

But I'm freakin tired of this. I went for my third attempt at singles. All three stopped in like the 20s. By a Gurdurr. Max Attack Kang fails to OHKO max Def Gurdurr, who then Dynamicpunches (which never misses in the Maison) and then MPs. Everything else is annihilated, except for this guy. And then Greninja gets OHKOd by Stunfisk.

Thanks a lot, Greninja. I'll run PZ or Togekiss or something. Scarfed PZ most likely. Take a seat until battle 50.
I think you mean Conkeldurr, and yes, accuracy hax is REALLY annoying in maison.

Finally!

Rotation battle was by far the most annoying. One run ending at 37, the other at 16 (took in wrong Pokemon), the next one at 50 (yeah...), 41, and just got it at 50.

My final team for Rotation:

Klefki @ Light Clay
Ability: Prankster
Nature: Calm
EV's: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Sp. Def
  • - Foul Play
  • - Light Screen
  • - Reflect
  • - Thunder Wave
Look at their team: physical attackers -> Lead with reflect, special attackers -> lead with Light Screen. A correct choice versus their attack made it so I could always get off both screens. After they're both up, rotate Klefki into one of the following, depending on their team.

No ghost Pokemon on the other side?
The one, the only...

M-Kangaskhan @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Parental Bond
EV's: 252 Att / 252 Spd / 4 HP
  • Sucker Punch
  • Earthquake
  • Return
  • Power-Up Punch
Start with a Power-Up punch, just about always (if it's the Eeveelution team, don't bother. Umbreon's the only defensive Pokemon in the group, everything else takes 1/2 to lethal anyway). Then determine what move is better, Return or EQ, based on: Do they have steel pokemon & Do they have levitators? Either one makes your choice pretty easy. Sucker Punch is a desperation move which is what makes Kangaskhan so broken. 12 HP and paralyzed? Sucker Punch. You can secure last resort kills this way, and even sweep with low hp.

So they have levitate AND steel Pokemon? Don't bother with Kangaskhan, instead rotate to...

Aegislash @ Spooky Plate (Power orb is used by my last slot. Pretty odd item but hey, it worked out)
Ability: Stance Change
Nature: Brave
IV's: 0 Spd
EV's: 252 Attack, 252 HP, 4 Defense
  • Shadow Sneak
  • King's Shield
  • Sacred Sword
  • Swords Dance
Kangaskahn's mega-bro. Same goal as him too: set up, then attempt a sweep. I usually stopped at one swords dance, depending on their moves though. If they use a non-damaging move like Sunny Day or Protect, go ahead and go for two SDs. Otherwise, begin using Shadow Sneak. Sacred Sword was only used a handful of times, but was very needed for those times. The AI loves countering this set with bulky Pokemon using a variation of Curse and a drain move (Giga Drain / Drain Punch). The counter to this is a 1-3x Swords Dance'd Sacred Sword. Breaks right through :)

And when all that fails:

Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EV's: 252 Sp. Att / 252 Speed / 4 HP
  • Grass Knot
  • Surf
  • Ice Beam
  • Dark Pulse
Greninja is almost DIRE to actually beating battle 50. Most of her Pokemon (if not all?) have a weakness to Ice. Start with the same tactic as usual: walls & damage, and when one of them fall Greninja hops in and attempts to clean up the mess leftover. Surf was rarely used, and Grass Knot was used probably 1 time, but the coverage there is nice if nothing else for potential resistances.

Took a few tries but it's nice to have all the monuments.
Things that did NOT work for me:

Was way too awkward, and never worked out the way I hoped. Got far using the tactic, but it could never seal the deal. The moment a Pokemon like Gengar shows up, it's almost a required rotation away from Aron. The sole existence of a ghost Pokemon on the other side meant Aron was doing nothing until that Pokemon died. I used the Shell-bell tactic, and moves like Toxic were hard to use because the Maison doesn't take kindly to attempted stall-tactics (for Toxic to actually kick in and do anything), from what I've seen.

• Destiny Bond + Focus Sash
The idea was go in, do damage, and then when about to die use Destiny Bond. The problem I had was the AI catching on to this and starting to use moves like Leech Seed for the final kill, while I sit there and use Destiny Bond over and over. You only take them with you if you die directly to their move, status moves (burn), or other forms of damage (sand storm, leech seed) will not take the opponent with you. As a result, too often near the 40's Gengar fell off into getting one hit off, then sitting there doing absolutely nothing until he finally dies himself, usually taking down the opponent that he already got to low health off the initial attack. Tried it once, didn't like it and just found he didn't actually ADD much to the team.

That's all for me for now though, so nice to have all those monuments! Wahooo!

No, it was a Gurdurr. A FREAKING GURDURR (the beam was red, not concrete). Still pissed.
Huh? Gurdurr exists in the Super (whatever) series? Was under the impression that only fully evolved Pokes were used (discounting Chansey and Porygon 2) Don't recall ever seeing any Gurdurr...

Edit: Fierza you forgot about Porygon 2 and Chansey? Pretty sure P2 exists in Super...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)