Battle Maison Discussion & Records

I might be wrong but I think battle institute in Lumiose city is easier to rank up BP....But it feels like it gets harder with every time that you complete it...

Just beat the Super Doubles Girl on the 50th win with the following team:

Charizard @ Charizardite Y
Timid
Blaze
6 HP / 252 SpAtk / 252 Speed
-Heat Wave
-Solarbeam
-Air Slash
-Protect

Rotom-H @ Choice Scarf
Modest
Levitate
6 HP / 252 SpAtk / 252 Speed
-Overheat
-Thunderbolt
-Volt Switch
-Will-o-wisp

Hitmontop @ Sitrus Berry
Adamant
Intimidate
252 HP / 252 Atk / 6 Speed
-Fake Out
-Close Combat
-Mach Punch
-Helping Hand

Garchomp @ Soft Sand
Adamant
Rough Skin
6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Speed
-Dragon Claw
-Earthquake
-Rock Slide
-Protect

This is really just a GBU doubles team turned Battle Maison team, but it was fun to use and worked well enough. The basic strategy was to start by letting Mega Charizard Y and Rotom-H decimate stuff if the lead Pokemon match up was favorable. If not, I would Volt Switch out to Hitmontop or Garchomp and make it favorable through either Fake Out and Intimidate or spread moves everywhere. Had some hairy points, almost losing to a team with a Sand Veil Dugtrio with some horrible, horrible misses, but other parts were smooth.

Only thing I would suggest to change is Shadow Ball or Hidden Power > Will-o-Wisp on Rotom-H. I never used Will-o-Wisp once and raw coverage, particularly a nice neutral hit on Dragons, seems better. Every team mate was fantastic and I can't think of any worthy substitutes. The lack of a single water resistance might look awful, but drought is a really powerful tool to patch that problem. Between Solarbeam and Thunderbolt, the only water type that gave me trouble was a Floatzel that used Rain Dance I decided not to instantly kill with Thunderbolt.

Overall, it's not a team that can get insane win streaks since relying on low accuracy attacks will kill you eventually, but it was good enough to get 50 wins and I had a lot of fun with it!

Last edited:
upload_2013-11-3_15-35-45.png

Honedge - #679 (Adamant)
HP: 30 - 31
Att: 30 - 31
Def: 30 - 31
SpA: 8 - 9
SpD: 30 - 31
Speed: 26 - 27

How important is speed for a Battle Maison Honedge? Should I try to go for perfect?

I've finally decided to bench my Delphox in favor of an Intimidate MixMence, because having two Ground-weak teammates just seems like a bad idea. This came after I lost to a Dragon Dancing Gyarados not because I didn't see it coming, but because my Azumarill was fully paralyzed for four out of five turns. Zero points for guessing what happened on the one turn I actually managed to attack with Play Rough. The odds of getting screwed this badly are about 0.03%.

So, since I didn't have a Bagon yet, I ventured off to Route 8 to go find one. After running into tons of Inkay, I was about to call it a night, but I decided to keep going for a bit longer. Soon, I ran into a Drifloon. Ordinarily, I wouldn't care, but this particular Drifloon happened to be golden instead of purple, so I caught it instantly.

I also bred a hexa-perfect Ekans while I was trying to chain breed a parent for my Salamence, so that's also great.

Currently on a 155 win streak in Super Singles with a Mega Kangaskhan / SD Aegislash / CB Azumarill team.

Mega Kangaskhan is just too good on the maison, I can win most battles without even switching her out. Aegislash covers the few Pokémon that give her problems (mostly Fighting types) and is also able to setup to +4 or even +6 on a LOT of stuff. It can then Shadow Sneak everything all the way to to pokéhell.

If both of them fail, Azumarill comes in and Aqua Jets whatever is left of the opposing team. It's also useful for taking out bulky Ground types, who can tank M-Kangaskhan's Returns (she'll generally beat them, but taking so much damage is pretty unfavorable) and are Aegislash's worst match-ups.

Funnily enough, M-Kangaskhan does REALLY good against those Veterans with 3 legendaries that appear on higher streaks. Sucker Punch can OHKO some Lati@s, depending on their EV spreads. It can also outspeed most legends and OHKO them with Return. The Musketeers are troublesome, but are easily covered by Aegislash (Virizion and Cobalion) and Azumarill (Terrakion).

The hax are getting very annoying. Haven't made it past 40 on the Super Single. I get that switching out on the Scarf Trick is reasonable. But when my DD Dragonite is fully paralyzed 3 turns in a row...bullshit.

I finally decided on a third member of my team, being Noivern. Although it does have a crap nature (Sassy), it hits fighting-types for SE damage and is immune to ground. It also gets good coverage with Boomburst, Air Slash, and Dragon Pulse. Eventually I'll probably go to the day care and SR for a better nature, but for now it works OK.

My final sets;

Merlin (Delphox) @ Nothing (For Magician to remove hax items; would have a fire gem but they're unobtainable)
Modest nature
Ability: Magician
EVs: 252 SpA, 252 Spe
Psyshock
Flamethrower
Will-o-wisp
Grass Knot

Col. Vetches (Noivern) @ Sky Plate (Will be LO once I get enough BP)
Sassy nature (Subject to change... eventually)
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 252 SpA, 252 Spe, 4 HP
Boomburst
Air slash
Dragon pulse
Thief (Because I had nothing else to teach it)

Liz and Amy (Kangaskhan) @ Kangaskhanite
Adamant nature
Ability: Scrappy (Before MEvo), Parental Bond (After MEvo)
EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Spe, 4 HP
Power-up Punch
Return
Sucker Punch
Earthquake

So, any thoughts/comments/suggestions? So far the team's been doing pretty well, although I came close to being swept by a Sharpedo. Luckily Liz and Amy revenge killed with double power-up punches, and then I swept with Return.

Also, a cookie to anyone who gets the reference in Noivern's nickname!

EDIT: I just ran into the infamous Purugly lady. THANK GOD Hypnosis missed and I was able to OHKO and swipe the big root with Delphox.

Last edited:
The hax are getting very annoying. Haven't made it past 40 on the Super Single. I get that switching out on the Scarf Trick is reasonable. But when my DD Dragonite is fully paralyzed 3 turns in a row...bullshit.
try cofagrigrus:

- not getting paralyzed at all
- me missing 2 Hydro Pumps in a row and getting critted by Hex through Light Screen

zzzz

so here's a fun triples team i want to try out.

greninja @ choice scarf
protean
-round
-filler

gardevoir @ mega stone
-round
-filler

aurorus @ choice specs
-round
-filler

the way round works is whoever uses it second and third get priority and each sequential use doubles in power (up to 240). so greninja goes first at 90 power (60 + STAB), will probably out-speed everything in the battle masion, then gardevoir goes second at 240 power (120 + pixliate boost + STAB) and aurorus third at 480 power (240 + refrigerate boost + STAB). The only things that will stop this are priority/things faster than greninja (but that shouldn't be much) or round + refrigerate/pixilate not working like I assume they will
This is hillarious, I might try it myself, will post results if I do.

So a few updates:

-I have decided to forgo Sucker Punch on Liz and Amy in favor of Crunch; it is pretty bulky, and Sucker Punch's 5 PP and only activating if the foe attacks has screwed me over multiple times.
-I have replaced Thief with U-turn on Col. Vetches. The strategy is to lead with Vetches, and if the foe is holding something nice (Read: something that could potentially screw me over), U-turn to Merlin and swipe it.
-Once I get a scarf, I will give that to Vetches, but I don't have enough BP yet.

First time poster long time lurker. Took out the first 42 battles on Super Singles with relative ease using this somewhat unorthodox team. It is effective with some good prediction but is quite formulaic in premise: Gengar KOS opponent's lead, Destiny Bonds the second, from there the T-Tar/MegaChomp combo is just too hard to beat with just one poke even with increased hax. Decided to interrupt the challenge and rethink my strategy for the last few now that I am facing legendaries:

Gengar @ Focus Sash
Timid
Levitate
252 SpA / 252 Spd / 6 HP
- Sludge Bomb
- Shadow Ball
- Dazzling Gleam
- Destiny Bond

Great fast lead that commomly rids my opponent of their first two mons or sweeps the whole team. Forgoing Thunderbolt may seem strage to some, but the coverage offered by Dazzling Gleam has been indispensable so far, hitting dark types that the AI commonly tries to use against Gengar as well as the occasional dragon. It usually at least ties the opponent's lead as long as it has the speed advantage.

Tyranitar @ Assault Vest
Hasty
Sand Stream
252 Spd / 100 Atk / 56 SpA
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam

I made this mixed Tyranitar for the job of transitioning from Gengar to Garchomp. I didn't feel very good about him going in but damn is he effective. He basically just tanks everything that doesn't have a fighting-type move. He out-speeds most things and 2HKOS almost everything with some combo of Crunch/Edge. Bulky waters and pesky grass types like ParaFusion Vileplume are punished by Bolt-Beam while AV T-Tar laughs at their SE STABs. Makes a good switch in from Gengar as he usually never switches into a fighting type move. Most things that manage to be faster than Gengar (and thus nullify him i.e. Talonflame) are utterly walled and destroyed by Tyranitar. He even takes out non Choice Specs Starmie (Gengar's nemesis) without suffering much more than a mere dent.

Garchomp @ Garchompite
Adamant
Sand Veil/Sand Force
252 Atk / 252 Spd / 6 HP
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Rock Tomb
- Fire Blast

The boss of the team; I tried to do something that would complement his sand force ability to the max. Rock Tomb is obviously the controversial choice here but it has saved me several times. With the sand force boost it is actually a decently powerful move especially considering that it is normally only used against pokes that are weak to rock. Add in the accuracy factor and the fact that it helps mitigate MegaChomp's reduced speed stat and I think it is a viable choice in this venue over Stone Miss and Rock Slide. Spamming EQ is all you really need anyway. Outrage over Dragon Claw could be considered. This set also allows for the option to not mega evolve and hide behind Sand Veil if need be.

I've been thinking of using Dragon Dance Tyranitar or a Choice Band/Scarf variant instead. Adding a support T-Tar with Smooth Rock and a good sand Pokemon like Excadrill or Scizor is also tempting but the effectiveness of my mixed set and the compounding of certain weaknesses makes me wary. Questions, comments and concerns welcome.

Currently on a 155 win streak in Super Singles with a Mega Kangaskhan / SD Aegislash / CB Azumarill team.

Mega Kangaskhan is just too good on the maison, I can win most battles without even switching her out. Aegislash covers the few Pokémon that give her problems (mostly Fighting types) and is also able to setup to +4 or even +6 on a LOT of stuff. It can then Shadow Sneak everything all the way to to pokéhell.

If both of them fail, Azumarill comes in and Aqua Jets whatever is left of the opposing team. It's also useful for taking out bulky Ground types, who can tank M-Kangaskhan's Returns (she'll generally beat them, but taking so much damage is pretty unfavorable) and are Aegislash's worst match-ups.

Funnily enough, M-Kangaskhan does REALLY good against those Veterans with 3 legendaries that appear on higher streaks. Sucker Punch can OHKO some Lati@s, depending on their EV spreads. It can also outspeed most legends and OHKO them with Return. The Musketeers are troublesome, but are easily covered by Aegislash (Virizion and Cobalion) and Azumarill (Terrakion).
You mind revealing your kangaskhan set outside return/sucker punch? Or.. even your whole team lol

Sitting at 103 in the Super Singles and going strong with my triumphant trio:

Tyke Mison (Durant) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly [Truant]
252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spd
- Entrainment
- X-Scissor
- Iron Head (have never used it)
- Toxic (have never used it)

The lead, and he's a real fighter. He's inspired by the TruAnt from yadazhai's colossal 1001-win streak on the B2W2 Battle Subway, and I think he performs just as admirably this gen as last gen. Absolute maximum Speed investment to make sure he always gets to use Entrainment, and then it's an easy swap down to Drapion for the set-up and sweep (for some reason, none of the super-quick pokes seem to run Choice Scarf, which leaves Durant at the top of the speed wars). Naturally there're problems with Fake Out, Protect and the occasional Bright Powder - on those leads, I swap into Gengar. U-turn and Volt Switch are a lot less common in my experience than they were in the Subway, and I've never encountered a lead that used it against Durant. Defensively, he's surprisingly durable for a little guy; I've never seen him get OHKOed by anything short of a Fire-type move or a Specs-boosted special... or the inevitable critical hits. This is perfect for getting the second Entrainment in on those rare times when things don't go to plan right away.

Marinette (Gengar) @ Gengarite
Timid [Levitate -> Shadow Tag]
80 HP / 252 SAtk / 176 Spd
- Destiny Bond
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Dazzling Gleam

The suicide bomber. With her initial Ground-type immunity, she covers Drapion's only weakness, and sports near-flawless type coverage with her offensive moveset. I only really use her on the pokes that mess with my usual rhythm of "Entrainment and swap into Drapion", but she's more than capable of holding her own. Destiny Bond is a must-have, and it more often than not turns Gengar from a one-kill switch into a two-kill switch by cleaning up whatever the AI sends in after she KOs the unfortunate lead. EV allotment is based on the models from Uncharted - enough speed to score a few key matchups, max offense and the rest into HP.

Oedipus X (Drapion) @ Black Sludge
Jolly [Battle Armor]
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Knock Off
- Acupressure
- Protect
- Substitute

The crux of my team, and the supreme overlord of the Maison - never KO'd in 103 battles, threatened only once by a plucky Cobalion in the 60s. Inspired by jumpman16's Drapion from the old days of HGSS Battle Tower (the shining star of a 2366-tall streak!), and thriving with its new toys in Gen VI. I swap into him after Durant throws Truant onto the lead, use Protect to block the next move, then fall into an easy pattern of Substitute-Protect-Acupressure-Acupressure. The four-turn pattern ensures I get all my HP back from Black Sludge, and the opponent is helpless to do anything but smack away the Substitute until my evasion and defensive boosts stop their attacks dead. Sometimes, I'll need to alternate between Protect and Acupressure against recoil users (to stop them from dying) and against moves like Taunt, Torment, U-turn and such, but I can count those experiences on my fingers. The incredible buff to Knock Off makes it a viable choice as my sole offensive move, and it has the added feature of stripping away held items whenever I feel like it. 97 base with STAB at +6? Only a handful can stand up to it more than once, particularly now that Steels have been stripped of their Dark resistance. Defensively, Battle Armor is key, as it stops pesky crits that would bypass my defensive boosts - Acupressure handles what Keen Eye would offer, and Sniper's unreliable.

All in all, I think this is a juggernaught-esque core. Most of my battles are 3-0 (or 2-0 if the lead has Fire) without any threats, shocks or unease, and the rest can be combated with barely any prediction. Fingers crossed I can go higher with it, and I'll keep you updated.

EDIT: Video of No. 100... VL3W-WWWW-WWW2-GX43

Last edited:
so here's a fun triples team i want to try out.

greninja @ choice scarf
protean
-round
-filler

gardevoir @ mega stone
-round
-filler

aurorus @ choice specs
-round
-filler

the way round works is whoever uses it second and third get priority and each sequential use doubles in power (up to 240). so greninja goes first at 90 power (60 + STAB), will probably out-speed everything in the battle masion, then gardevoir goes second at 240 power (120 + pixliate boost + STAB) and aurorus third at 480 power (240 + refrigerate boost + STAB). The only things that will stop this are priority/things faster than greninja (but that shouldn't be much) or round + refrigerate/pixilate not working like I assume they will
Has anyone tried this?

Seems like a easy quick way to grind bp.

You mind revealing your kangaskhan set outside return/sucker punch? Or.. even your whole team lol
Kangaskhan @ Kangaskhanite
Adamant Nature
EVs: 252 Attack / 252 Speed / 6 HP
-Return
-Sucker Punch
-Crunch
-Earthquake

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Adamant nature
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Attack / 6 Def (or SDef or even Speed, I don't remember)
-Shadow Sneak
-Sacred Sword
-Swords Dance
-King's Shield

Azumarill @ Choice Band
-Waterfall
-Rough Play
-Superpower
-Aqua Jet

I use Crunch on Kangaskhan because I'm totally paranoid about Will-O-Wisp ghost types, altough I have to admit that Fake Out or Power Up Punch could've been really useful a ton of times. You may prefer to use one of those moves instead.

Aegislash can setup very easily against the AI. If a choiced mon uses a move that it resists, congratulations, you won! You can even setup on super effective moves if the situation calls for it. Remember that, if Shadow Sneak isn't a OHKO, it's better to use a slow Sacred Sword (so you take that hit on Shield Forme) and then follow with a Shadow Sneak. This is really basic when using him, but it's really key in the maison. The AI isn't prepared to deal with King's Shield and Stance Change, so you can easily exploit it.

Azumarill is basically a "get out of jail free" card with CB Aqua Jet. It's also the team's best answer to bulky Ground types and the few problematic Rock-types, such as Armaldo (has Superpower to hit Kangaskhan, is neutral to EQ, has own EQ to hit Aegislash) and Terrakion (Close Combat+EQ beat the other two members of the team).

ive tried a few different teams and none seem to be very good the best thing I had was using charizard Y which swept most teams on its own. the one major thing ive noticed is that the oppenentas teams tend to be made up as you battle. they will always send out a counter to what you have on the field at the time. ive seen this mostly in that ive seen teams of full charizard counters that I sweep with just him but if my charizard goes down which pokemon I put out next gets heavyily countered. I actually kinda like ity though keeps you on your toes and gets you rdy to face other players

Went up to a streak of 137 in Singles with the following team:

Mawile @ Mawalite
Adamant nature - Intimidate
IVs: 31/31/31/x/31/31
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Def
- Power-Up Punch
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Play Rough

This thing is a nuclear bomb. Even unboosted, it is capable of OHKOing frail sweepers with Sucker Punch (and just about everything weak to it, even stuff like Slowking - not Slowbro though <.<), but if you manage to get at +2 it sweeps (and I mean stuff like OHKOing a full HP Swampert :-O). The STAB moves are incredibly strong as well, and can decimate just about everything not resisting them. This thing is pretty bulky as well. After an Intimidate, even Terrakion fails to 2HKO with Earthquake! And even on the special side, I once took a Overheat from Entei and barely survived, which was really unexpected. In short, if Mawile gets to setup, shit dies.

Goodra @ Assault Vest
Modest nature - Gooey
IVs: 31/x/31/31/31/31
EVs: 252 HP/252 SpA/4 Spe
- Dragon Pulse
- Sludge Bomb
- Flamethrower
- Thunderbolt

The glue (goo?) that keeps the team together, Goodra is capable of switching into just about any special attacker in the game (even physical ones, after Intimidate), and beat them 1 on 1. Its attacks are not extremely powerful, but they still hit decently hard. However, I've considered swapping Sludge Bomb for Muddy Water despite the latter's shaky accuracy, because I really didn't meet many fairies at all and I could use something against Ground-, Rock-, and Fire-types other than Dragon Pulse. Gooey is amazingly useful as well, letting the other partners revenge kill any kind of physical attacker that somehow gets past Goodra. Overall, one of the best tanks I've ever used.

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Adamant nature - Intimidate
IVs: 31/31/31/x/31/31
EVs: 60 HP/252 Atk/196 Spe
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang

If I suspect the opponent has a Fire or Ground move but is physically oriented (such as Entei or Mamoswine), I switch into this guy. Setting up is quite easy after Intimidate (often after two, since Mawile also has it), and after one or two Dragon Dances it can murder nearly everything in the game. Leftovers lets it setup more easily, and while this also means I occasionally have to eat the odd Will-O-Wisp, generally it's more useful than Lum Berry.

All in all, the team showed great sinergy, each one being able to switch in with extreme ease and setting up or attacking right away. Moreover, the abilities really work very well with each other. Intimidate let Goodra tank physical attackers it couldn't otherwise take on, and Gooey allow Gyarados and Mawile to revenge kill faster foes they couldn't have outpaced otherwise. The streak was interrupted by a costly mistake (letting Mawile die when I should've switched to Gyarados against a Ttar, so I got killed by Medicham), so eventually I'll try this again to see if I can do better. In the spoiler tags below you can find a list of all the teams I met past battle 70, and the final score of each battle:

#71 Mamoswine-Bearctic-Glaceon 2-0
#72 Latios-Regice-Zapdos 3-0
#73 Mamoswine-Garchomp-Cradily 2-0
#74 Blissey-Latias-Florges 3-0
#75 Trevenant-Lopunny-Electrode 3-0
#76 Blastoise-Swampert-Samurott 1-0
#77 Latias-Tornadus-Latios 2-0
#78 Goodra-Aromatisse-Floatzel 2-0
#79 Ampharos-Rampardos-Drapion 2-0
#80 Terrakion-Moltres-Articuno 2-0
#81 Musharna-Breloom-Ferrothorn 3-0
#82 Bronzong-Gliscor-Bastiodon 1-0
#83 Milotic-Goodra-Gardevoir 2-0
#84 Ursaring-Braviary-Pyroar 2-0
#85 Meganium-Empoleon-Torterra 3-0
#86 Manectric-Staraptor-Togekiss 2-0
#87 Altaria-Magnezone-Ampharos 3-0
#88 Nidoqueen-Lilligant-Vespiquen 3-0
#89 Miltank-Froslass-Altaria 1-0
#90 Sylveon-Vaporeon-Umbreon 3-0
#91 Nidoqueen-Zebstrika-Drapion 2-0
#92 Umbreon-Jolteon-Sylveon 3-0
#93 Gliscor-Tyranitar-Garchomp 2-0
#94 Froslass-Talonflame-Gourgeist 1-0
#95 Skuntank-Lanturn-Venusaur 2-0
#96 Chandelure-Tyranitar-Cradily 3-0
#97 Gliscor-Rampardos-Mismagius 3-0
#98 Wailord-Exeggutor-Tentacruel 2-0
#99 Marowak-Exploud-Throh 2-0
#100 Virizion-Cobalion-Latias 3-0
#101 Lilligant-Infernape-Electrode 3-0
#102 Mismagius-Musharna-Gothitelle 3-0
#103 Moltres-Thundurus-Articuno 3-0
#104 Reuniclus-Slowbro-Dusknoir 2-0
#105 Houndoom-Braviary-Luxray 1-0
#106 Jolteon-Espeon-Flareon 2-0
#107 Blaziken-Nidoking-Scrafty 2-0
#108 Claydol-Klinklang-Bearctic 3-0
#109 Tornadus-Regigigas-Heatran 2-0
#110 Virizion-Terrakion-Heatran 2-0
#111 Terrakion-Landorus-Regice 2-0
#112 Feraligatr-Blaziken-Samurott 2-0
#113 Suicune-Regigigas-Registeel 2-0
#114 Torterra-Barbaracle-Dugtrio 3-0
#115 Infernape-Typhlosion-Arcanine 3-0
#116 Whiscash-Archeops-Steelix 3-0
#117 Klinklang-Starmie-Jolteon 3-0
#118 Empoleon-Golem-Quagsire 2-0
#119 Drapion-Electivire-Aerodactyl
#120 Roserade-Hydreigon-Archeops 2-0
#121 Entei-Raikou-Articuno 2-0
#122 Emboar-Talonflame-Noivern 3-0
#123 Pyroar-Aurorus-Darmanitan 2-0
#124 Clawitzer-Roserade-Meganium 2-0
#125 Quagsire-Mamoswine-Vileplume 2-0
#126 Regirock-Entei-Thundurus 1-0
#127 Swampert-Electrode-Slowking 3-0
#128 Greninja-Hippowdon-Exeggutor 3-0
#129 Cradily-Golurk-Torterra 3-0
#130 Cresselia-Entei-Cobalion 2-0
#131 Gourgeist-Drifblim-Slowking 3-0
#132 Terrakion-Entei-Tornadus 2-0
#133 Scrafty-Krookodile-Crobat 3-0
#134 Blastoise-Clawitzer-Feraligatr 1-0
#135 Gourgeist-Tauros-Slowbro 3-0
#136 Garchomp-Gardevoir-Milotic 3-0
#137 Shiftry-Lickilicky-Gardevoir 3-0
#138 Lucario-Tyranitar-Medicham 0-1

I may add more about threat list etc later, now getting pretty sleepy^^

Hello everyone.

I am preparing to beat every Super Trainer on Battle Maison. For now, I just want to concentrate on Single and Doubles but I am not very decided of which pokemon to use.

My choices are:

Kangaskhan @ Kangaskhanite
Adamant
EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Spe, 6 HP
Return
Fake Out
Earthquake
Power-up Punch

Mawile @ Mawalite
Adamant
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Atk, 4 Def
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Adamant
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Atk, 6 Def
-King's Shield
-Swords Dance
-Shadow Sneak
-Sacred Sword

Gengar @ Focus Sash
Timid
EVs: 252 Spd, 252 SAtk, 6 HP
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Dazzling Gleam
- Destiny Bond

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Jolly
EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Spe, 6 SDef
-Outrage
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Dragon Claw

Azumarill @ Splash Plate
Adamant
EVs: 252 Atk, 252 HP, 4 SDef
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Superpower

Which of them would you use for Singles and Doubles? Could this be a nice team for triple battles too (in which you use 6 mons) or you would change any of them?
I am a little bit undecided, I know they are good mons but I cannot decide an specific team for getting the challenge with not so much troubles. Hope you can help me to get the five trophies!
Thank you!

Lost at 192 wins to some mad dodging Brightpowder Tangrowth (killed low HP Kangaskhan, dodged Aegislash's Sacred Sword and Azumarill's Play Rough). Fuck this, I'm not going after the Starf Berry again.

Lost at 192 wins to some mad dodging Brightpowder Tangrowth (killed low HP Kangaskhan, dodged Aegislash's Sacred Sword and Azumarill's Play Rough). Fuck this, I'm not going after the Starf Berry again.
Oh dude, mad sympathy for you, that sucks! I thought for sure you'd get to 200 before me. I'm at 160 right now, but if I manage to get the Starf I'll send you one once I've cultivated a few... he says as if tempting fate.

Just beat the Super Doubles boss. Match is here: Y5AW-WWWW-WWW2-H5LZ

This match was actually really easy compared to the Super Singles Boss. I guess it's because lack of Double Team hax. That and her Suicune sucks.

Here were my Pokemon:

Shino (Kangaskhan) @ Kangaskhanite
Jolly
Scrappy/Parental Bond
EVs: 4HP/252Atk/252Spe
-Fake Out
-Sucker Punch
-Return
-Earthquake

My pride and joy. This momma was an absolute monster. She was always paired with Aegislash in the beginning. On the first turn, she'd Fake Out a threat to Aegislash allowing Aegislash to set up Swords Dance unhindered, and then she went to town with STAB Returns or with Earthquake. Sucker Punch had nice comboability with Aegislash's Shadow Sneak to finish off a priority target. After having run MMawile in Super Singles, MKangaskhan notably lacks the raw power MMawile has, but makes up for it with added utility and speed/bulk. She took hits like a champ and softened the enemy team up before she ever went down.

Karn (Aegislash) @ Air Balloon
Brave
Stance Change
EVs: 252 HP/252Atk/4SpD
-Swords Dance
-King's Shield
-Sacred Sword
-Shadow Sneak

Mkangaskhan's dance partner. After a Swords Dance, he'd work with Mkangaskhan to remove priority targets, and then switched to Defense form with King's Shield if necessary to tank more hits if a OHKO with Shadow Sneak wasn't possible. I had him hold an Air Balloon because of MKangaskhan's Earthquake, and it's surprising just how useful it is to dodge enemy Ground attacks as well. Sacred Sword was great for killing off the likes of Ferrothorn, and for dealing huge damage to Defense buffing enemies.

Harbinger (Gyarados) @ Lum Berry
Jolly
Intimidate
EVs: 252Atk/4Def/252Spe
-Dragon Dance
-Waterfall
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge

This girl could be used as a secondary partner for Mkangaskhan or Aegislash, should either of them fall. Intimidate adds to my team's bulk, allowing Gyarados to get in a DD or Aegislash to get in another SD. Her flying type ignores Mkangaskhan's Earthquakes, and if Aegislash has his Air Balloon still up she can Earthquake in place of Mkangaskhan. Lum Berry was useful to dodge enemy status shenanigans.

Mirth (Azumarill) @ Assault Vest
Adamant
Huge Power
EVs: 252HP/252Atk/4Def
-Aqua Jet
-Waterfall
-Superpower
-Play Rough

The cleaner of the team. If for some reason both MKangaskhan and Aegislash are down, she comes in to mop up the remaining enemies. This rarely happened, but when it did, Azumarill got the job done. The item is Assault Vest for added special bulk at the price of more power, something I thought was a fair trade seeing how much power my other mons had. It was also useful to tank enemy Thunderbolts or special sweepers if the situation called for it. I once faced off against a Veteran whose initial team of Latias and Zapdos both took out my MKangaskhan and Aegislash due to some Heat Wave burn hax. Luckily, Zapdos was an idiot and spammed Heat Wave, and Latias didn't have any Electric attacks, so Azumarill tanked Latias's Mist Balls and killed it with Play Rough, and finished off Zapdos with Aqua Jet. After that the Veteran's remaining two legendaries were quickly dispatched by my +1 Gyarados and Azumarill Aqua Jets.

The most trouble I ran into were physically defensive mons like Weezing that loved to spam Will o Wisp, and Grass Types were a potential problem if MKangaskhan and Aegislash were downed. That rarely happened though, as most Grass types were swiftly dealt with so Gyarados and Azumarill didn't have to. Many of the opponents were kind of stupid too, which helped. For example, a Swampert spamming Earthquake that helped kill off his partner, or the Claydols and Exeggcutors that loved to Explosion even though Aegislash was in the field.

Edit: Now, I feel like trying Super Rotation Battles, starring a new Mega Pokemon: MAmpharos. Will it work? Who knows.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)