Battle Maison Discussion & Records

162 in super singles with lo greninja 252 spa 252 spe uturn/surf/ice beam grass knot, yache chomp with sd/outrage/stone edge/eq, and mega scizor with 252 hp/252 atk x scissor/sd/bullet punch/roost

ryan

Jojo Siwa enthusiast
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
ok so I got to 79 in Super Singles before I got the shit haxed out of me by a Veteran with Suicune / Raikou / Zapdos. You can watch the pure crap here: SP2W-WWWW-WWW3-4XMF

My team was as follows:

Venomoth @ Black Sludge
Ability: Tinted Lens
248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 31/x/22/31/31/31
Real Stats: 145/67/78/142/95/156
- Sleep Powder
- Quiver Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Substitute

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
IVs: 31/31/31/x/31/31
Real Stats: 167/112/170/58/171/80
- Swords Dance
- King's Shield
- Shadow Sneak
- Sacred Sword

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
244 HP / 252 Atk / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
IVs: 29/31/14/23/31/31
Real Stats: 205/112/92/59/100/72
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Play Rough

Alright, so basic premise of the team was to use bulky setup sweepers to trudge through the opponent's team. I led with Venomoth so that I could put the opponent to sleep, even if I was in a poor matchup. From there, I would either start to Sub and set up with Quiver Dance or just switch out to Azu or Aegislash to set up and start tearing things up. By far the least valuable player for my team was Azumarill, who I'll probably swap out if I ever decide to plow through 80 battles again. The problem with Azumarill was just that I rarely ever felt comfortable enough to set up with it. If I use Azumarill again, I'll probably use like a dual screens Klefki lead instead, though I doubt I'll even do that tbh. I might try an Entrainment run, but I was already frustrated enough with how long it took this team to set up as it is that tbh I probably won't lol.

pretty much just bumping this to get it in the op because it looks like it got passed up. . _ . Eppie

also as an update I just bred a perfect mega kangaskhan earlier today, so I'm going to give it a whirl over Venomoth and see if I can make it even further :)

I made the switch from Merlin to Winona'd the Azumarill, and I must say I am not disappointed. (I really needed a bulky attacker, and Azumarill is perfect), except for one thing:
I almost lost a battle because Play Rough MISSED TWICE IN A ROW against an Altaria. Just...wow. And then Air Slash missed in the same battle. In fact, this isn't the only time that Play Rough missing has almost cost me the battle; its accuracy seems closer to 50% for me, and I am seriously considering running Wide Lens instead of Splash Plate.

And in case you're wondering where the nickname Winona'd comes from, in one of my Emerald runs, I completely swept Winona with a Rollout Azumarill, and to this day I refer to rollout sweeps as being "Winona'd". Lame, I know, especially since this Azumarill doesn't even run Rollout. XD

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I made the switch from Merlin to Winona'd the Azumarill, and I must say I am not disappointed. (I really needed a bulky attacker, and Azumarill is perfect), except for one thing:
I almost lost a battle because Play Rough MISSED TWICE IN A ROW against an Altaria. Just...wow. And then Air Slash missed in the same battle. In fact, this isn't the only time that Play Rough missing has almost cost me the battle; its accuracy seems closer to 50% for me, and I am seriously considering running Wide Lens instead of Splash Plate.

And in case you're wondering where the nickname Winona'd comes from, in one of my Emerald runs, I completely swept Winona with a Rollout Azumarill, and to this day I refer to rollout sweeps as being "Winona'd". Lame, I know, especially since this Azumarill doesn't even run Rollout. XD
You could run both Play Rough and Aqua Tail @ Wide Lens. With the extra base power from Aqua Tail, you won't miss the Splash Plate boost as much.

ryan

Jojo Siwa enthusiast
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'm quitting the maison.

I got a 79 win streak last time, and everything went fine until I got the shit haxed out of me, right?

If anyone feels like firing up the Vs. Recorder to check out THE haxiest Maison Battle in the history of the Battle Maison, check out what should have been just the start of my new streak that was cut (INCREDIBLY) short by a Zebstrika: DXXG-WWWW-WWW3-6GZM

I have made it too somewhere around the 40's on the Double challenge with this team:

Tallonflame
Gale Wings
31/31/31/xx/31/31
HP 124 / Atk 252 / Spe 132
- Swords Dance
- Protect
- Flare Blitz
- Acrobatics

Greninja
Protean
Expert Belt
31/31/31/31/31/31
HP 4 / Sp Atk 252 / Spe 252
- Mat Block
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Grass Knot

Mammoswine
Thick Fat
Life Orb
31/31/31/xx/31/31
HP 4 / Atk 252 / Spe 252
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash

Gengar
Levitate
Gengarite
31/xx/31/31/31/31
HP 80 / Sp Atk 252 / Spe 176
- Dazling Gleam
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Bomb
- Protect

It works quite well actually. I start with Talonflame and Greninja. Greninja uses mat block and Talonflame uses swords dance with the exception of Fake Out users. After a Swords Dance Talonflame OHKO's almost every opponent. Greninja also pulls its weight quite well. Mamoswine is quite straight-forward. I had protect over rock slide, but I felt the need for more coverage, and so far it has worked even better with rock slide. Then we have Gengar. I might be somewhat bad at Pokémon, because everyone is saying such great things about this thing, but to be honest it lets me down most of the time. It goes down faster than Talonflame and Greninja somehow, and it doesn't hit as hard as I would like. So I need to switch it out, but with what? I have been contemplating using a Mega Scizor, but I don't know how well it will work with my team, and it is also a chore to breed for one. I have both Mega Charizard X and Y readily available with flawless IVs, but I don't feel the need for another fire type.

One thing I've learnt as I've played through the Maison is that I hate Ambipoom! That thing is too fast for its own good, and that wretched Fake Out, Fling, Thief, U-turn combo is hard to beat when its team mates are larger threats.

I'm quitting the maison.

I got a 79 win streak last time, and everything went fine until I got the shit haxed out of me, right?

If anyone feels like firing up the Vs. Recorder to check out THE haxiest Maison Battle in the history of the Battle Maison, check out what should have been just the start of my new streak that was cut (INCREDIBLY) short by a Zebstrika: DXXG-WWWW-WWW3-6GZM
Ouch! That really is bad luck...
Stuff like that is why I still keep Lum Berry on my Aegislash, even when my team has nothing else with Leftovers.

My Cloyster got paralyzed by a Thunder in sun and then missed rock blast.
End of 90.

Edit: I remember once in BW2 using a hacked wondertomb in the Subway. Since no one could hit me, every opponent that has the move Protect will keep using it. In my streak of 50 I never saw a double protect failing.

It is random from any of them, with 2 random pokemon from each of those teams
I went and tackled the Super Multi Boss and it wasn't random to what I've seen. In Multi, the bosses for my case were Evelyn and Morgan. In Super Multi, the bosses were Nita and Dana to complete the roster of 4.

Of note (whether it is useful or not is not known to me, but I'm just putting it out as a point of consideration), the partner I used throughout Multi to Super Multi is exactly the same.

I'm thus inclined to believe that you can predict the Super Multi Bosses this way, and strategize accordingly, if you used the same partner (we changed our Pokemon along the way, so not having the same Pokemon is a non-issue here).

If it is indeed random, it is far less likely, with a mere 1/6 chance to hit that exact combination of Dana + Nita out of a random selection of 4 Chatelaines fitting 2 slots for Super Multi. If anyone has a case to the contrary that meets my exact criteria (same human partner throughout), do come forward to clarify. Else, it might remain as an observation that the Super Multi bosses were picked this way to give the best chances for players to strategize. This might be helpful information to whoever is attempting to take the bosses on.

My partner and I beat them 4 - 0, without even one Pokemon going to the yellow hp bar zone and below, despite not planning for their teams specifically, though I would very much have preferred the option to (and thus I hope my observation would help anyone tackling this format immensely) and here is the battle video:

VETG-WWWW-WWW3-6VYT

Just my 2 cents after fighting them.

Hopefully this information will be helpful to people. Also, since this was all hand-made, there is a possibility that I may have overlooked something. If you can think of anything that needs to be fixed/added, be sure to let me know.
Wow, thanks for making this!

I don't have as many battles for data collection, but as I was working my way up to 200 in Super Singles (which is where I took a break), I started saving the battles of trainers with Kalos Pokemon and/or old Pokemon with new items or sets. Afterwards, I went through them in Mock Battle and started recording the sets and items with an Imposter Ditto and a Pokemon with Frisk, and I wanted to share this data before I continued.

There are also a few that I recorded from the AI Multi-Battle partners. It appears that all of the partners that come from your Friends List use Set 3 Pokemon exclusively, but Shauna, Tierno, and Trevor don't necessarily.

I'm going to split this between Kalos and non-Kalos, mainly because many of the changes to non-Kalos Pokemon are just a single new move or item (in which case I won't list the whole set).

These will be listed in Kalos dex order. If the set is known (1-4), it will be listed, and will be replaced with a ? if it's not known. Once all 4 sets for a Pokemon have been recorded, I will place them under a separate spoiler tag to avoid clutter.

Chesnaught (3) @ Life Orb
Focus Blast
Energy Ball
Sludge Bomb
Round

Chesnaught (4) @ White Herb
Wood Hammer
Hammer Arm
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Delphox (1) @ Petaya Berry
Confide
Psychic
Flamethrower
Round

Delphox (2) @ Flame Orb
Role Play
Switcheroo
Mystical Fire
Shadow Ball

Delphox (3) @ Heat Rock
Sunny Day
Solar Beam
Fire Blast
Psychic

Delphox (4) @ White Herb
Overheat
Psychic
Shadow Ball
Psyshock
Greninja (1) @ Leftovers
Mat Block
Spikes
Scald
Toxic

Greninja (2) @ Damp Rock
Rain Dance
Surf
Round
Ice Beam

Greninja (3) @ King's Rock
Water Shuriken
Rock Slide
Grass Knot
U-turn

Greninja (4) @ Wide Lens
Hydro Pump
Dark Pulse
Blizzard
Extrasensory
Talonflame (1) @ Charti Berry
Round
Me First
Will-O-Wisp
Flamethrower

Talonflame (2) @ Heat Rock
Round
Fire Blast
Sunny Day
Solar Beam

Talonflame (3) @ Focus Sash
Swords Dance
Quick Attack
Flail
Acrobatics

Talonflame (4) @ Sitrus Berry
Brave Bird
Flare Blitz
Quick Attack
Swords Dance

Pyroar (1) @ King's Rock
Flamethrower
Hyper Voice
Snarl
Noble Roar

Pyroar (2) @ Heat Rock
Sunny Day
Hyper Voice
Fire Blast
Solar Beam

Pyroar (4) @ White Herb
Overheat
Hyper Voice
Dark Pulse
Round

Florges (1) @ Babiri Berry
Flower Shield
Dazzling Gleam
Energy Ball
Wish

Florges (2) @ Kebia Berry
Misty Terrain
Grassy Terrain
Nature Power
Round

Florges (4) @ Lum Berry
Round
Petal Dance
Psychic
Moonblast

Gogoat (1) @ Yache Berry
Substitute
Horn Leech
Bulk Up
Payback

Gogoat (3) @ Big Root
Horn Leech
Leech Seed
Protect
Payback

Gogoat (4) @ Choice Band
Earthquake
Leaf Blade
Wild Charge
Brick Break

Aromatisse (2) @ Assault Vest
Round
Psychic
Energy Ball
Dazzling Gleam

Aromatisse (3) @ Expert Belt
Flash Cannon
Thunder
Psyshock
Moonblast

Aromatisse (4) @ Leftovers
Aromatic Mist
Dazzling Gleam
Heal Pulse
Trick Room

Slurpuff (1) @ Big Root
Draining Kiss
Cotton Guard
Play Nice
Confide

Slurpuff (3) @ Kee Berry
Endeavor
Play Rough
Facade
Cotton Guard

Slurpuff (4) @ Expert Belt
Dazzling Gleam
Energy Ball
Thunderbolt
Flamethrower

Barbaracle (2) @ Wise Glasses
Ancient Power
Blizzard
Surf
Focus Blast

Barbaracle (3) @ Expert Belt
Dragon Claw
Earthquake
X-Scissor
Night Slash

Barbaracle (4) @ Razor Claw
Stone Edge
Razor Shell
Cross Chop
Shadow Claw
Clawitzer (1) @ Bright Powder
Heal Pulse
Muddy Water
Double Team
Confide

Clawitzer (2) @ Petaya Berry
Flash Cannon
Scald
Sludge Wave
Round

Clawitzer (3) @ Focus Sash
Crabhammer
Return
U-turn
Flail

Clawitzer (4) @ Choice Specs
Water Pulse
Dark Pulse
Dragon Pulse
Aura Sphere
Tyrantrum (1) @ Lax Incense
Stealth Rock
Dragon Tail
Double Team
Earthquake

Tyrantrum (2) @ Leftovers
Crunch
Charm
Sandstorm
Dragon Claw

Tyrantrum (3) @ Wide Lens
Horn Drill
Stone Edge
Rest
Sleep Talk

Tyrantrum (4) @ Choice Band
Crunch
Dragon Claw
Earthquake
Head Smash

Aurorus (2) @ Leftovers
Ancient Power
Hail
Sandstorm
Freeze-Dry

Aurorus (3) @ Expert Belt
Giga Impact
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Frost Breath

Aurorus (4) @ Life Orb
Hyper Beam
Flash Cannon
Thunder
Psychic
Sylveon (1) @ Leftovers
Misty Terrain
Tail Whip
Helping Hand
Dazzling Gleam

Sylveon (2) @ Ganlon Berry
Baton Pass
Calm Mind
Psych Up
Moonblast

Sylveon (3) @ Razor Claw
Moonblast
Shadow Ball
Round
Psyshock

Sylveon (4) @ Big Root
Draining Kiss
Baby-Doll Eyes
Psyshock
Misty Terrain
Hawlucha (1) @ Salac Berry
Acrobatics
High Jump Kick
Feather Dance
Taunt

Hawlucha (2) @ Leftovers
Toxic
Bounce
Dig
Protect

Hawlucha (3) @ Liechi Berry
Swords Dance
Flying Press
Acrobatics
Steel Wing

Hawlucha (4) @ Power Herb
Sky Attack
Flying Press
U-turn
Stone Edge
Carbink (1) @ Light Clay
Reflect
Light Screen
Safeguard
Dazzling Gleam

Carbink (2) @ Smooth Rock
Toxic
Protect
Sandstorm
Power Gem

Carbink (3) @ Iron Ball
Trick Room
Gyro Ball
Dazzling Gleam
Power Gem

Carbink (4) @ Scope Lens
Explosion
Psychic
Moonblast
Power Gem
Goodra (1) @ Lax Incense
Substitute
Muddy Water
Dragon Pulse
Sludge Wave

Goodra (2) @ Lum Berry
Aqua Tail
Body Slam
Earthquake
Outrage

Goodra (3) @ Damp Rock
Dragon Pulse
Rain Dance
Thunder
Muddy Water

Goodra (4) @ White Herb
Draco Meteor
Thunder
Blizzard
Fire Blast
Trevenant (1) @ Wise Glasses
Psychic
Shadow Ball
Energy Ball
Round

Trevenant (2) @ Leftovers
Toxic
Ingrain
Protect
Phantom Force

Trevenant (3) @ Choice Band
Horn Leech
Shadow Claw
Earthquake
X-Scissor

Trevenant (4) @ Iron Ball
Trick Room
Focus Blast
Energy Ball
Shadow Ball
Gourgeist (1) @ Sitrus Berry
Will-O-Wisp
Trick-or-Treat
Pain Split
Phantom Force

Gourgeist (2) @ Iron Ball
Trick Room
Gyro Ball
Seed Bomb
Explosion

Gourgeist (3) @ Wise Glasses
Shadow Ball
Sludge Bomb
Energy Ball
Flamethrower

Gourgeist (4) @ Life Orb
Trick-or-Treat
Phantom Force
Seed Bomb
Rock Slide
Avalugg (1) @ Leftovers
Avalanche
Confide
Protect
Toxic

Avalugg (2) @ Apicot Berry
Rest
Curse
Frost Breath
Skull Bash

Avalugg (3) @ Icy Rock
Hail
Blizzard
Recover
Flash Cannon

Avalugg (4) @ Iron Ball
Stone Edge
Avalanche
Gyro Ball
Earthquake
Noivern (1) @ Yache Berry
Super Fang
Boomburst
Round
Torment

Noivern (2) @ Roseli Berry
Dragon Claw
Wild Charge
X-Scissor
Acrobatics

Noivern (3) @ Razor Fang
Air Slash
Dragon Pulse
Flamethrower
Psychic

Noivern (4) @ Wide Lens
Dragon Pulse
Hurricane
Flamethrower
Focus Blast

Missing: Just a few more sets!
Sets with more than one change, or which are entirely new, are listed first, then smaller changes after, in no particular order, other than legendary Pokemon at the end. As in the Kalos Pokemon listing, the set (1-4) will be listed if known. I will make exceptions to this if every set of a given Pokemon received a change, but some of them only had one move or item changed, in which case they will be grouped together.

In the case of Landorus, which has had at least one change to all of its sets, but doesn't appear until Set 5, the sets I chose are based on their the similarity to the old Subway sets. Based on how Veterans work this time around, I'm confident that these are the right sets now.

Altaria's sets were handled in a sort of strange way. Altaria's old Set 4 is now its Set 1, and it got a new Set 4 to replace it.

Espeon (4) @ Expert Belt
Psychic
Shadow Ball
Signal Beam
Dazzling Gleam
Mr. Mime (1) @ Choice Scarf
Trick
Dazzling Gleam
Psychic
Energy Ball

Mr. Mime (2) @ Jaboca Berry
Payback
Wide Guard
Confide
Fake Out

Mr. Mime (3) @ Light Clay
Light Screen
Psychic
Reflect
Dazzling Gleam

Mr. Mime (4) @ Babiri Berry
Shadow Ball
Signal Beam
Dazzling Gleam
Psychic

Granbull (1) @ Leftovers
Charm
Protect
Retaliate
Payback

Granbull (2) @ Wise Glasses
Snarl
Thunderbolt
Dazzling Gleam
Sludge Bomb

Granbull (4) @ Life Orb
Fire Fang
Ice Fang
Play Rough
Crunch
Gardevoir (1) @ Wide Lens
Hypnosis
Dream Eater
Imprison
Dazzling Gleam

Gardevoir (2) @ Bright Powder
Stored Power
Thunderbolt
Calm Mind
Double Team

Gardevoir (3) @ Lum Berry
Psychic
Shadow Ball
Energy Ball
Dazzling Gleam

Gardevoir (4) @ Babiri Berry
Psychic
Moonblast
Focus Blast
Thunderbolt

Aggron (2) @ King's Rock
Surf
Flash Cannon
Focus Blast
Round

Aggron (3) @ Wide Lens
Iron Tail
Dragon Rush
Avalanche
Stone Edge

Aggron (4) @ Shuca Berry
Metal Burst
Taunt
Earthquake
Shadow Claw

Politoed (2) @ Damp Rock
Rain Dance
Round
Body Slam
Hydro Pump

Charizard (1) @ Salac Berry
Dragon Claw
Fire Punch
Belly Drum
Shadow Claw

Charizard (4) @ Assault Vest
Heat Wave
Air Slash
Dragon Pulse
Focus Blast

Dragonite (4) @ Snowball
Dragon Rush
Iron Tail
Extreme Speed
Fire Punch
Togekiss (1) @ Sitrus Berry
Encore
Follow Me
Reflect
Dazzling Gleam

Togekiss (2) @ Liechi Berry
Extreme Speed
Aerial Ace
Steel Wing
Brick Break

Togekiss (3) @ King's Rock
Grass Knot
Thunder Wave
Air Slash
Shadow Ball

Togekiss (4) @ Expert Belt
Aura Sphere
Air Slash
Heat Wave
Dazzling Gleam

Altaria (2) @ Snowball
Dragon Claw
Pluck
Steel Wing
Dragon Dance

Altaria (4) @ Wide Lens
Cotton Guard
Sing
Moonblast
Dream Eater

Lucario (4) @ Weakness Policy
Aura Sphere
Dragon Pulse
Stone Edge
Extreme Speed
Darmanitan (1) @ Leftovers
Fire Punch
Psychic
Protect
Will-O-Wisp

Darmanitan (2) @ Luminous Moss
Psychic
Heat Wave
Round
Confide

Darmanitan (3) @ Assault Vest
Psychic
Earthquake
Flare Blitz
Overheat

Darmanitan (4) @ Choice Scarf
Flare Blitz
Stone Edge
U-turn
Superpower

Lanturn (1) @ Salac Berry
Thunder Wave
Volt Switch
Waterfall
Agility

Aerodactyl (3) @ Expert Belt
Iron Head
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Thunder Fang

Gengar (3) @ Payapa Berry
Shadow Ball
Energy Ball
Dazzling Gleam
Round

Snorlax (4) @ Assault Vest
Body Slam
Power-Up Punch
Earthquake
Crunch

Articuno (3) @ Charti Berry
Frost Breath
Reflect
Steel Wing
U-turn

Entei (4) @ Life Orb
Sacred Fire
Iron Head
Stone Edge
Protect

Latias (1) @ Lax Incense
Calm Mind
Mist Ball
Dragon Pulse
Recover

Latios (1) @ Lax Incense
Calm Mind
Luster Purge
Dragon Pulse
Recover

Cresselia (4) @ Iron Ball
Psychic
Trick
Moonblast
Trick Room

Landorus (1) @ Apicot Berry
Rest
Sleep Talk
Smack Down
Fissure

Landorus (2) @ Choice Scarf
Earth Power
Extrasensory
Focus Blast
Grass Knot

Landorus (3) @ Smooth Rock
Sandstorm
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Protect

Landorus (4) @ White Herb
Hammer Arm
Earthquake
Explosion
U-turn

Toxicroak (1):
Dark Gem -> Payapa Berry

Flygon (1):
Liechi Berry -> Weakness Policy

Drifblim (1):
Memento -> Ominous Wind

Honchkrow (1):
Sitrus Berry -> Kee Berry

Lickilicky (1):

Reuniclus (1):

Froslass (1):
Icy Rock -> Colbur Berry

Zebstrika (1):
Electric Gem -> Shuca Berry

Togekiss (2):
Psych Up -> Steel Wing

Jynx (1):
Captivate -> Draining Kiss

Blissey (1):
Thunder Wave -> Round

Meganium (2):
Grass Whistle -> Petal Blizzard

Weezing (2):
Poison Gem -> Safety Goggles

Victreebel (2):
Grass Gem -> Safety Goggles

Drapion (2):
Dark Gem -> Shuca Berry

Krookodile (2):
Rock Gem -> Roseli Berry

Mandibuzz (2):
Flying Gem -> Roseli Berry

Froslass (2):
Ice Gem -> Kasib Berry

Arcanine (2):
Fire Gem -> Weakness Policy

Claydol (3):
Ground Gem -> Luminous Moss

Krookodile (3):
Dark Gem -> Roseli Berry

Cofagrigus (3):
Sitrus Berry -> Maranga Berry

Donphan (3):

Kingdra (3):

Swampert (3):

Eelektross (3):
Sitrus Berry -> Assault Vest

Magnezone (4):
Electric Gem -> Assault Vest

Gothitelle (3):

Carracosta (4):
Rindo Berry -> Weakness Policy

Beartic (4):
Lax Incense -> Assault Vest

Klinklang (4):
Steel Gem -> Leftovers

Ludicolo (4):

Seismitoad (4):

Vanilluxe (4):

Mismagius (4):
Confuse Ray -> Power Gem

Garchomp (4):
Rock Slide -> Stone Edge

Braviary (3):
Flying Gem -> Choice Scarf

Hydreigon (4):
Dragon Gem -> Roseli Berry

Articuno (4):
Ice Gem -> Leftovers

Regirock (3):
Rock Gem -> Luminous Moss

Latias (2):
Protect -> Mist Ball

Cresselia (3):
Safeguard -> Round

Cobalion (2):

Tornadus (2):
Leftovers -> Yache Berry

Thundurus (2):
Choice Band -> Choice Specs

These are only the things I've seen and personally recorded; some of these have already been mentioned in the thread, and I know I'm missing other changes that I haven't seen yet. I will add more to this as I continue, and please let me know if there are any mistakes!

Last edited:
WOOHOO! Beat the Super Triples Chatelaine on my second try! (I had a bad loss around 15 my first try where I got OHKO haxed) Triples are sooo much more fun than singles. Here's the team I used:

Abomasnow@Abomasite
Snow Warning
Quiet, 252 HP/6 Atk/252 SpA
-Blizzard
-Protect
-Wood Hammer
-Focus Blast

The king of this team. Spamming perfect blizzards and having so many weaknesses that the AI flocks to attack him, he really was the glue that held this team together. I got a lot of freeze hax that made a lot of battles not as close as they should have been. I used wood hammer to finish off the odd water type, but I almost always used protect on the first turn, followed by blizzard spam. Would mega on the second turn sometimes if I thought the AI was going to use a weather move.

Azumarill@Splash Plate
Huge Power
Adamant, 252 HP/252 Atk/6 Spe
-Waterfall
-Aqua Jet
-Play Rough
-Superpower

My left slot. Kept the pressure off of Abomasnow by using waterfall/aqua jet on problem fire types. Play rough helps to deal with bulky waters more reliably, and Superpower hit the steels that would give Abomasnow problems.

Aromatisse@Safety Goggles
Aroma Veil
Sassy, 252 HP/6 Def/252 SpD
-Moonblast
-Trick Room
-Protect
-Wish

Wow, this thing is one of my new favorite pokemon. It was an incredibly reliable trick room setter, only failing maybe twice through the whole 50 battles (due to fake out or confusion). After trick room was up, Moonblast spam was surprisingly effective. It hits surprisingly well coming off of Aromatisse's above-average special attack. Wish and Protect may as well have been filler. I used them a few times but they almost never meant anything. Safety Goggles over leftovers because I should ALWAYS have damaging weather up, and leftovers don't protect from powder moves (even though I never encountered any).

Reuniclus@Life Orb
Magic Guard
Bold, 252 HP/252 Def/6 SpA
-Psyshock
-Trick Room
-Focus Blast
-Shadow Ball

Backup room setter and substitute if one of my sides fainted. Not a lot to explain, because it mostly dealt with poison types that weren't part ground. I used Focus Blast on this guy more than on Abomasnow. I don't think he ever actually set Trick Room, but I sure felt better having him around.

Tyranitar@Assault Vest
Sand Stream
Sassy, 252 HP/6 Atk/252 SpD
-Rock Slide
-Earthquake
-Payback
-Fire Blast

Surprise! Double weather! If Abomasnow fainted (or had too many fire types or water types to deal with), in came this guy. Had his own plethora of weaknesses, but since I was already running two fairies and a psychic type, the major fighting type weakness was covered. Soaked up attacks and dealt the damage back while my sides tore through the rest. Was absolutely invaluable.

Salamence@Choice Specs
Intimidate
Naive, 6 HP/252 SpA/252 Spe
-Dragon Pulse
-Draco Meteor
-Hydro Pump
-Fire Blast

The closer. If I ever didn't get trick room set up (and had something die) or had trick room expire, this guy stepped up to the plate. Dragon Pulse was the attack of choice over Draco Meteor since I could hit things across the field. Fire Blast came in handy a couple times against steels.

So there you are! It was a lot of fun using a different Mega than I've seen a lot of people use :) Here are two battles for you guys: the first is against a veteran that gave me a scare, and the second is against the Chatelaine (in case anyone needs to do more research on her team).

J9CW-WWWW-WWW3-2GLN
TL6W-WWWW-WWW3-2GMW
Due to always falling short in triples with my speedy team, I have built a team more or less the same as the quote. (Using Garchomp atm instead of Sala to take advantage of sandstorm for evasion) For Aboma, how do you folks think a moveset of blizzard, energy ball and earthquake would work compared to blizz+wood hammer+focus blast? The moveset with EQ gives 99,9% neutral coverage (looking at you Shedinja) and I would imagine it being better due to no recoil from wood hammer, but ofc the standard set of Kappaten is evading the team dmg from EQ.

So, any suggestions? This is for triples ofc.

If you get 100+ wins, she'll give you a Lansat berry. 200+ and she'll give you a starf berry.
And in case you didn't know Blockmaster, that is for getting streaks of 100+/200+ wins in any Super difficulty, may it be singles/doubles/triples/rotation/multis that you feel you can Ace in :D

Thanks, I was wondering how that worked. Anyway, here's what I'm using right now:

Scizor@Scizorite:
Bullet punch
U-Turn
Pursuit
Roost

I'm not sure what to use instead of pursuit, 'cause Brick Break is underwhelming as is Aerial Ace. Swords Dance sounds good, but I kinda want more coverage.

Chandelure@Choice Scarf
Fire Blast
Shadow ball
Energy Ball
Psychic

Ended up with HP steel so that a not use( plus i have no clue how to get a good HP ). Makes a good partner to Scizor, mainly because of Flash Fire as well as breaking most of the stuff that walls him.

Chesnaught@Leftovers
Pain split
Hammer arm
Wood hammer
Shadow claw

He does pretty damn good againt the ghosts that hurt Chandelure, being immune to shadow ball and being faster than most ( all? ) physical ghost-types. Also helps Scizor with the resistance to ground and rock. I'm not sure if I should keep Pain Split or use leech seed/synthesis.

I'm quitting the maison.

Ouch... Swagger is something the BM loves to use and it's incredibly annoying.

Gonna see how far I can get in Doubles (still on 51 after my win, haven't touched it then) with a team of MKangaskhan, Dual Screen Espeon, Gyarados and Sylveon.

Due to always falling short in triples with my speedy team, I have built a team more or less the same as the quote. (Using Garchomp atm instead of Sala to take advantage of sandstorm for evasion) For Aboma, how do you folks think a moveset of blizzard, energy ball and earthquake would work compared to blizz+wood hammer+focus blast? The moveset with EQ gives 99,9% neutral coverage (looking at you Shedinja) and I would imagine it being better due to no recoil from wood hammer, but ofc the standard set of Kappaten is evading the team dmg from EQ.

So, any suggestions? This is for triples ofc.
I went back and forth between Wood Hammer and Energy ball for a while... I'm still not really sure which is better. Earthquake is definitely a more accurate option for dealing with Heatran though.

A few calcs on the Ice/Water Types:

6 Atk Mega Abomasnow Wood Hammer vs. 0 HP / 252+ Def Walrein: 134-158 (72.4 - 85.4%)
252+ SpA Mega Abomasnow Energy Ball vs. 0 HP / 252 SpD Walrein: 146-174 (78.9 - 94%)

6 Atk Mega Abomasnow Wood Hammer vs. 170 HP / 170+ Def Dewgong: 156-186 (83.8 - 100%)
252+ SpA Mega Abomasnow Energy Ball vs. 170 HP / 170 SpD Dewgong: 152-180 (81.7 - 96.7%)

6 Atk Mega Abomasnow Wood Hammer vs. 6 HP / 252+ Def Lapras: 144-170 (69.9 - 82.5%)
252+ SpA Mega Abomasnow Energy Ball vs. 6 HP / 252 SpD Lapras: 140-168 (67.9 - 81.5%)

(not including Cloyster because energy ball is so obviously better)

So I guess Energy Ball is (technically) better, but that could be fixed by adding some more Attack EVs to Abomasnow. Also, Wood Hammer will pretty much always hit Tentacruel harder (with whom my leads have a hard time). Earthquake could be an option there, since it gets the added benefit of murdering Heatran.

Good luck! Lemme know how your team turns out, mine's on 135 and still going strong!

I just lost in Super Doubles after 99 battles. :( 100th battle, in which I lose because of tiptoeing around a CB Aero: 8R5W-WWWW-WWW3-7FGD

I basically took the backups from my Exploud attempt a few pages ago and tacked a couple other mons on. The final product:

Garchomp @ Lum Berry
Rough Skin
Jolly, 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
- Protect
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Serene Grace
Modest, 60 HP / 252 SpA / 196 Spe
- Roost
- Dazzling Gleam
- Air Slash
- Aura Sphere

Rotom-W @ Chesto Berry
Levitate
Modest, 232 HP / 56 SpA / 220 Spe
- Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Rest

Talonflame @ Sky Plate
Gale Wings
Adamant, 184 HP / 252 Atk / 72 Spe
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Bulk Up
- Roost

Nothing too special, just EQ spam Garchomp and three Ground-immune teammates to work with. Togekiss brings spread moves to the party, Talonflame has strong priority, and Rotom handles Water-types that could otherwise give me trouble. The only set that's really "doubles-y" is Garchomp's; I didn't bother putting Protect on anything else or Discharge on Rotom. As is, I barely used Protect, Roost (on either), Will-O-Wisp, Rest, or Bulk Up. Protect would have been really nice on Rotom in the 100th battle. It sucks to lose at 99, but at least I beat Evelyn (and forgot to save the video).

I'm having some trouble with the Truant Durant set in Super Singles. I was using lolnubs setup from a few pages back:

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/battle-maison-discussion-records.3492706/page-17#post-4977903

What do you do against pokemon that have detect/protect and alternate them vs your durant (ie protect/detect on every turn your truant is active)? Switch to your 3rd pokemon and hope for the best?
That is what he said he does:
When something goes wrong with the innitial set-up(Protect/Fake Out lead, U-Turn), I go to Garchomp to faint the other Pokemon. Most of the time I let Garchomp faint afterwards to have a new chance to get my Entrainment up.

not sure if this has been posted before but it just got me over the 40 battle hump: If Aegislash is put to sleep, you can still attempt to use King's Shield and switch yourself into Shield Forme. You won't get the protect effect, but you can reduce the damage you take while you wait to wake up.

I went back and forth between Wood Hammer and Energy ball for a while... I'm still not really sure which is better. Earthquake is definitely a more accurate option for dealing with Heatran though.

A few calcs on the Ice/Water Types:
6 Atk Mega Abomasnow Wood Hammer vs. 0 HP / 252+ Def Walrein: 134-158 (72.4 - 85.4%)
252+ SpA Mega Abomasnow Energy Ball vs. 0 HP / 252 SpD Walrein: 146-174 (78.9 - 94%)

6 Atk Mega Abomasnow Wood Hammer vs. 170 HP / 170+ Def Dewgong: 156-186 (83.8 - 100%)
252+ SpA Mega Abomasnow Energy Ball vs. 170 HP / 170 SpD Dewgong: 152-180 (81.7 - 96.7%)

6 Atk Mega Abomasnow Wood Hammer vs. 6 HP / 252+ Def Lapras: 144-170 (69.9 - 82.5%)
252+ SpA Mega Abomasnow Energy Ball vs. 6 HP / 252 SpD Lapras: 140-168 (67.9 - 81.5%)

(not including Cloyster because energy ball is so obviously better)

So I guess Energy Ball is (technically) better, but that could be fixed by adding some more Attack EVs to Abomasnow. Also, Wood Hammer will pretty much always hit Tentacruel harder (with whom my leads have a hard time). Earthquake could be an option there, since it gets the added benefit of murdering Heatran.

Good luck! Lemme know how your team turns out, mine's on 135 and still going strong!
Tenta is no big deal since if it proves to be a pain just give Aromatisse Psychic/Psyshock to bash it in, and I doubt Heatranny likes a Focus Blast or Waterfall/Aqua Jet to the face anyway lol. Energy ball probably is the better option since it has no recoil, I just wish Giga Drain was a thing...(damn Trollbank!). Beyond that, on the Heatran thing, you could always bring in TTar if it is out of Azumarril's reach (WoW stinks but you get my point).

I've updated the OP with the new records.
BlueEew if you want me to post your record in the OP please provide more information then the streak length.

I gave Super Doubles a second go to try and break my own record.
I lost at #161 because Duclops got flinched 4 times in a row. I started Super Triples after that immediately to try something new.
I'm at 110 right now so nothing too great yet. It's alot of fun but the battles take slightly longer and the lag can be annoying every now and then.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)