Battle Maison Discussion & Records

Edit: Fail from my side, cant get hype voice on gardevoir prebank, so will have to use dazzling gleam :-/
Just get Moonblast from the move relearner.

Also, advice?

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
252 SpAtk / 4 HP / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 30/x/22/31/25/31
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower
- Dark Pulse
- U-Turn

Lead that usually gets me a free kill early against most reasonable things (lol Ninjask.) Hydreigon was added last after I realized the amazing synergy between all 3 of them, and as a lead allows me to 1. make it 3-2 or 2. U-turn to a better Pokemon for the situation. The only problem here is Draco Meteor isn't quite as powerful as I usually hope (how many times has a miss let an Umbreon live after Leftovers...) Hydreigon also has a very surprising amount of bulk, even living a Staraptors CC! Other moves/nature is obvious and the Scarf is because we just needed a revenge killer and an early U-turn to Aegislash really does help.

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 25/31/30/x/30/x
- Swords Dance
- King's Shield
- Shadow Sneak
- Sacred Sword

Obvious physical sweeper, we all know how Aegislash works.

Goodra @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sap Sipper (For annoying sleep)
252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SpDef
Modest Nature
IVs: 29/x/20/31/30/30
- Dragon Pulse
- Flamethrower
- Muddy Water
- Sludge Bomb

I thought Assault Vest would be perfect, but even with Aegislash it ends up taking a lot of physical hits, so would really like ideas on this, otherwise very good special tank.

Lost my streak at 363 today, due to some annoying hax/bad luck, still using Dragonite/M-Kangas/Azumarril

Dragonite @ Lum Berry
252 Atk / 252 Spe /6 HP
Multiscale
Adamant nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake

Kangaskhan @ Kangaskhanite
252 Atk / 252 Spe/ 6 HP
Scrappy -> Parental Bond
Jolly nature
- Sucker Punch
- Return
- Crunch
- Power-Up Punch

Azumarill @ Assault Vest
252 HP / 252 Atk /6 Def
Huge Power
Adamant nature
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Power-Up Punch
- Play Rough

Dragonite vs Gyarados: Gyarados crits me and intimidate means I can't OHKO with a +1 Outrage.

Kangas KOs Gyarados, then I fail to kill a Talonflame thanks to his sitrus. Talon gets off a swords dance, so I go for the sucker punch. Talon uses quick attack. I go back for the return and cop a Flare blitz to the face. OHKOs himself and me.

Final match up is Azumarril vs Yanmega. I go for waterfall and get flinched twice by airslash. Should have gone for the aqua jet. Oh well.

Last edited:
Just get Moonblast from the move relearner.

Also, advice?
I prefer the multihit from dazzling gleam over the 15 higher BP on Moonblast single target, so that all the members of the team have atleast 1 spread move. Greninja having surf, Exploud having Boomburst, Garchomp having Earthquake and Gardevoir having Dazzling Gleam.

I prefer the multihit from dazzling gleam over the 15 higher BP on Moonblast single target, so that all the members of the team have atleast 1 spread move. Greninja having surf, Exploud having Boomburst, Garchomp having Earthquake and Gardevoir having Dazzling Gleam.
Keep in mind spread moves have their power reduced... and it's usually better to eliminate a single target than severely weaken two.

Keep in mind spread moves have their power reduced... and it's usually better to eliminate a single target than severely weaken two.
Agree, but I feel the single target power bonus is too small for it to be worth using it over the multihit one

Edit: After around 10 more added FC's I think I may have the AI team i've been looking for: Two great attackers!

Porygon-Z @ Expert Belt
Ability: Analytic
Level: 50
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Charge Beam
- Signal Beam
- Psychic

Nidoqueen @ Black Sludge
Ability: Sheer Force
Modest Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Flamethrower

The ability on Porygon-Z could have been better, but I absolutely adore the Nidoqueen's ability. Sheer Force+a movepool of only attacks with some kind of secondary effect=lots of dmg. I am considering pairing them with my Azumarill and Aegislash, but I am not sure if that is so great yet. I could potentially go for M-Mawile+Rotom-W also for the defensive bulk of Mawile, and overall bulk for Rotom with modest 252HP+252S.Atk+4spe/s.def

Taking any suggestion for pairings for the team, could also go for M-Kangaskhan for the support in Fake-out and sash+sub breaking abilities.

Last edited:
Blah, lost my second streak in Triples after I couldn't knock anything out on the first turn and a Skarmory outsped Greninja. Decided to try getting the other trophies, starting with Multis. Which isn't going so well, as I've already lost two streaks, one at 35 and the other at about 25. Mostly because of the partner doing something stupid, bad matchups, or hax. (Double freeze on the 35 streak >.<) Think I'll try for doubles after breeding up some new pokemon.

Lost on battle 48 of Super Singles becaquse my opponjent had both Trick Room Slowbro ad Slowking- two of the few thins my Cloyster lead couldn't handle :(
But seriously, does the AI cheat in this? I' swear that there are more steel-types when I use a Cloyster with no water moves.

I just hit a streak of 109 battles in Super Singles

I trolled on the last fight, wasn't paying attention .. lost to probably a super luck togekiss .. my last turn i power up punched instead of return on Mega Kangaskhan .. kind of sad right now also laughed at myself for stupidity .. The battle code for my disgusting defeat: CLLG-WWWW-WWW3-FPNH

Team is

Haxorus Lum Berry
Adamant

~ Dragon Dance
~ Outrage
~ Poison Jab
~ Earthquake

Kangaskhan @Kangaskanite
Jolly

~ Sucker Punch
~ Return
~ Power Up Punch
~ Earthquake

Volcarona Leftovers
Modest

~ Quiver Dance
~ Bug Buzz
~ Fiery Dance
~ Roost

So.. I am gonna go for a higher score with the exact same team. This is what I get for not paying attention =<. I didn't even mean to send out my Volcarona on that Togekiss .. Simply wasn't paying attention. I don't think I would lose at all with this team. This team is broken. Haxorus after one DD is just .. God tier. This was the first team I ever tried on battle maison, I lost to a trick room'd Sheer cold Walrein the first time at round 53 .. Was pretty depressed by that so I fooled around with many other teams. I literally spent 3 weeks making team after team and nobody could get past the 60ish mark. However running this team I felt every team was easy to beat even the one I lost at was very very doable, just purely retarded of me to lose the match.

Do I need to provide EV's I have some pretty customized ones I want to keep secret as I make my way for the 300's next time!! Maybe I'll find a new team to rip through the battle maison but for now .. I made it to 109 lost on 110th I'm pretty sure that's how it works haha.

Attachments

Lost on battle 48 of Super Singles becaquse my opponjent had both Trick Room Slowbro ad Slowking- two of the few thins my Cloyster lead couldn't handle :(
But seriously, does the AI cheat in this? I' swear that there are more steel-types when I use a Cloyster with no water moves.
Yes, the AI does cheat. It is bad in singles, terribad in rotation, but not too bad in triples/doubles.

Trick Room Slow brow and Walrein running Sheer cold and fissure .. BE WARNED SUPER SINGLES PLAYeRS. BE WARNED. THAT WALREINS 100% hit rate almost. If I don't OHKO Walreins I always lose 1-2 pkmn to it's OHKO moves ... I've lost to one that hit me with 3 sheer colds in a row .. almost lost earlier to one that landed sheer cold and then fissure killed before it got a chance on its third move .. for AI OHKO their hit rate is like X(OHKO MOVE) > 50% hitrate

Agree, but I feel the single target power bonus is too small for it to be worth using it over the multihit one

Edit: After around 10 more added FC's I think I may have the AI team i've been looking for: Two great attackers!

Porygon-Z @ Expert Belt
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Charge Beam
- Signal Beam
- Psychic

Nidoqueen @ Black Sludge
Modest Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Flamethrower

The ability on Porygon-Z could have been better, but I absolutely adore the Nidoqueen's ability. Sheer Force+a movepool of only attacks with some kind of secondary effect=lots of dmg. I am considering pairing them with my Azumarill and Aegislash, but I am not sure if that is so great yet. I could potentially go for M-Mawile+Rotom-W also for the defensive bulk of Mawile, and overall bulk for Rotom with modest 252HP+252S.Atk+4spe/s.def

Taking any suggestion for pairings for the team, could also go for M-Kangaskhan for the support in Fake-out and sash+sub breaking abilities.
Well, if you are going with Exploud, have you considered a soundproof Pokemon for the AI? (If one is available) The Pokemon with soundproof aren't the greatest to be honest, but it could definitely work.

dazzling gleam is only 60 base power in doubles, compared to 95 for moonblast. that's just over a 50% difference, though i guess it depends on how much you want to do spread damage

Just started doing Super Singles again (first time in ages since I beat the boss) with a new team of MMawile, Goodra and Rotom-W. And I swear, about 90% of enemy leads were Fire types. And, my Rotom-W kept missing WoW and Hydro Pump on random enemies which didn't even have Brightpowder/Lax Incense.

I forsee some headaches in the future.

Just started doing Super Singles again (first time in ages since I beat the boss) with a new team of MMawile, Goodra and Rotom-W. And I swear, about 90% of enemy leads were Fire types. And, my Rotom-W kept missing WoW and Hydro Pump on random enemies which didn't even have Brightpowder/Lax Incense.

I forsee some headaches in the future.
Might want to try a different water type so you don't have to rely on hydro pump... or run wide lens.

Man just lost because of a stupid mistake against the Milotic on Round 72

Should have stalled it out instead of swapping to my Mawile.

Team worked pretty well, but I guess I just don't have enough experience to figure out what a Milotic can do.

Jolly Haxorus with Lum Berry: 4 HP, 252 Attk, 252 Speed
IVs: X/31/31/X/31/31

~Poison Jab
~Outrage
~Earthquake
~Dragon Dance

Calm Mantine with Leftovers: 252 HP, 4 Def, 252 SpDef
IVs: 31/X/31/X/31/31

~Protect
~Toxic
~Substitute
~Scald

Adamant Mawile with Mawilite: 4 HP, 252 Attk, 252 Def
IVs: 31/31/31/X/31/31

~Sucker Punch
~Swords Dance
~Iron Head
~Play Rough

Strategy:
So with a Haxorus lead, I was given 3 options: Attack, Swap or Buff.
If it was anything that wouldn't be killed outright by Earthquake, I would swap. Depending on if it was a physical attacker or special, I would swap to Mawile or Mantine. If the pokemon was most likely going for a buff, or would not barely dent Haxorus, I would use dragon dance and attempt an outrage autoplay.

Going to Mawile allows me to soak up physical damage with max defense and intimidate, while also having a resistance to Ice and immunity to Dragon. I would then proceed to use Swords Dance and sweep etc.

Mantine was clearly my MVP though, holding the special defense that neither physical sweepers had. With protect and substitute, it could toxic stall quite a few of the oddball enemies that would instantly kill Haxorus (Blizzard or Ice Beam users really)

BE8W-WWWW-WWW3-FVHR

In this battle, I thought I could swap in my Mega Mawile to build up Attack against the Milotic after getting it to sleep with Mantine. Guess I guessed wrong >_>

Edit:
Also, any recommendations or improvements?

I hit 109 earlier tody with a haxorus too .. Gotta say ADAMANT is the way to go IMO
I have 252 in Atk as well.. but my hax is bulkier so i can get +2 DD off easier

I am very frustrated with super triple and rotation battles. Can anyone tell me a team for each kind of battle that will help me to reach Super Bosses a little bit easier? Do aron lvl 1 or durant work in this kind of battles? I'm not able to reach 50 streak and I'm really anoyed.
Thanks!

Triples are not too hard, as long you get a good team together. For speedy teams Mat Block Greninja and Tailwind Talonflame are exceptional leads. They are frail, so you do need some bulkier attackers also. Haxorus/Garchomp are good for setting up and sweeping in triples also, with Garchomp's ground typing and immunity to electric attacks making him an easy switch option in for Greninja/talonflame.

This is a team I have gone past 100 wins before taking a pause from triples (with good cred to Kappaten):

Obamasnow (Abomasnow-Mega) (M) @ Abomasite
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 Atk
Quiet Nature
- Blizzard
- Earthquake
- Energy Ball
- Protect

Azumarill (M) @ Wide Lens
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Aqua Tail
- Superpower
- Play Rough

Aromatisse (F) @ Light Clay
Ability: Aroma Veil
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Sassy Nature
- Trick Room
- Moonblast
- Reflect/Aromatherapy/Light Screen/Thunderbolt
- Light Screen/Thunderbolt/Reflect/Aromatherapy

Tyranitar (F) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Brave Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Fire Blast
- Crunch

Reuniclus (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 HP / 4 Def
Quiet Nature
- Focus Blast
- Psyshock
- Trick Room
- Shadow Ball

Garchomp (F) @ BrightPowder
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Poison Jab

Always using protect 1st turn on abomasnow, who due to his immense weaknesses almost always draw attacks on the 1st turn. Azu picks off fire/steel types Aboma have a hard time with, and Aromatisse sets up TR, screens and spam moonblast once done. Potentially, you could go for more offensive set on Aromatisse if wanted.

Ttar switches in for Aboma if there are too many he cant handle, Reuniclus backup on either side, with possibility to set TR also. Garchomp backup if TR is out/all goes to hell, able to abuse his ability+item in sand for maximum avoidance.

This is just the short version, you will have to try it out and see what style suits you.

And now over to me:

I have at last beaten super multi and recieved all the trophies!

Did it with this team:

Porygon-Z @ Expert Belt (AI partner lead)
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Charge Beam
- Signal Beam
- Psychic

Nidoqueen @ Black Sludge (AI partner backup)
Modest Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Flamethrower

Azumarill @ Choice Band (My lead)
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Superpower
- Waterfall
- Play Rough

Aegislash @ Leftovers (My backup)
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Brave Nature
- King's Shield
- Swords Dance
- Sacred Sword
- Shadow Sneak

Once I saw the Landorus to Nita being locked in focus blast with Aegis out, I knew it was a sure win. The other last one Morgana had was Virizion. Overall, I had a really easy time from streak 40-50 with this team, just switching in Aegis when Azu was in trouble against grass types/locked in move against faster pokes and not having to worry about burn crippeling on Aegis

Edit: Sorry for the really long post

Edit2: Lost battle nr. 86, so got a 85 win streak with the team mentioned above (Azu, Aegis, Nido and Z) Lost due to 2x para fail on Z, and Nido picking the wrong target once. Really think I could have won if not for the para hax, but I did go for 1 SD too much I felt on aegis, but not sure if just doing the 1 I did would have made the outcome any different.

Cant get the link to the video yet due to bad internet that is again due to bad weather. Could add another picture, but then the post would be even longer.

Edit3: Code to video of my loss in Super Multi is YV3G-WWWW-WWW3-G7HN

Last edited:

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
Lost the 96th battle in super doubles (streak 95). MCQW-WWWW-WWW3-FBTQ

Garchomp @ Yache Jolly 4HP/252atk/252spe
Dragon Claw/EQ/SD/Protect

Rotom-W @ Assault Vest Modest 236HP/56SpAtk/220Spe
Hydro Pump/Thunderbolt/Discharge/Shadow Ball

Scizor @ Scizorite Adamant 252HP/252Atk/4Spe
Bullet Punch/X-Scissor/Protect/SD

Togekiss Lefties Modest 244HP/252SpAtk/12Spe
Air Slash/Aura Sphere/TWave/Roost

I didn't really use TWave tbh... might have been better off with Protect.
Same team, dropped TWave for Protect. Lost on round 209 (208 wins). Damn confuse hax. 4MFW-WWWW-WWW3-G9Y4

I feel like the bosses in this generation are easier to get to, but slightly harder to beat depending on if the game wants to end your streak at 50.

I've gotten all of the trophies (except for Super Multi, granted that using an AI trainer as your partner to get to 50 is probably similar to performing heart surgery on yourself) using mostly the same Pokemon for all the different supers. I guess I'm sort of lucky, since I only lost once in each format somewhere between Battles 35-50 before getting to the bosses.

I did all the formats using some variants of the following 6 Pokemon:

Kangaskhan @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Scrappy / Parental Bond
252 Atk / 252 Speed / 4 HP
X/31/31/31/x/31
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch
- Power-Up Punch

Talonflame @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Gale Wings
124 HP / 252 Atk / 132 Speed
31/31/X/X/31/31
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Swords Dance
- Tailwind

Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
252 Sp. Atk / 252 Speed / 4 Atk
X/X/X/31/X/31
Naive Nature
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Grass Knot
- Dark Pulse (Used to be U-Turn, helps explain the Naive Nature and filler attack EVs)

Azumarill @ Choice Band
252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Speed
31/31/31/X/31/X
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Waterfall
- Superpower
- Aqua Jet

Gengar @ Focus Sash
Ability: Levitate
252 Sp. Atk / 252 Speed / 4 HP
X/31/X/31/X/31
Timid Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Destiny Bond

Garchomp @ Yache Berry
Ability: Rough Skin
252 Atk / 252 Speed / 252 Def
31/31/31/X/31/31
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge / Fire Fang (I alternated between the two, I didn't use either of them at all, so it's your personal preference)
- Swords Dance

For singles, I used Kangaskhan, Greninja, and Azumarill. One of the best megas for the Maison with two backups that can do a quick clean-up if it fails, or a ghost type pops up.
I would post the battle video here, but it's the first boss I beat, and I forgot to save the video. Oops. Nothing too special, so no big loss.

For doubles, I used Gengar, Kangaskhan, Greninja, and Azumarill. Just like singles, except with a Destiny Bond spammer that helps attract attention away from Kangaskhan at times, along with immediate help with ghost types, so a switch-out isn't needed.
Battle Video: 8XQG-WWWW-WWW3-D9Z4 - Nothing too special with this one either.

For triples, I used all 6, leading out with Gengar, Kangaskhan, and Talonflame. Priority Tailwind and immunity to Earthquake on both sides to start is really helpful to distribute as much damage as possible.
Battle Video: HFDG-WWWW-WWW3-ELKR - Hax out the ass on both sides with this one. I ended up winning by a Thundermiss on Azumarill from a Regice that probably would've made me lose.

For rotation, I used Kangaskhan, Talonflame, Greninja, and Azumarill. Although the AI in rotation is REALLY tricky here, it also has a good chance to try and predict things and screw up, so Pokemon that need setting-up can be exploited here, if you're feeling lucky.
Battle Video: 3T6W-WWWW-WWW3-FSQ3 - Again, nothing too special.
BONUS: NRRG-WWWW-WWW3-FSPV - My first run of rotation ended with me getting predicted and haxed the hell out of by the AI. Just an amusing side-note, I guess.

I do admit that I use a lot of really overused / unimaginary Pokes here, but it's against cheating AI that could care less while it sends out 3/4/6 legendaries that counter your entire team, so hopefully this will give those having trouble a few ideas.

EDIT: Oh yeah, my streaks are still ongoing, I'm just letting them sit at 50 while I get the last trophy for now. And apologies for the long first post.

Friendly forewarning here.
Almost had a run end to stupid Gardevoir.
8MPW-WWWW-WWW3-GBXC

Idk exactly which number Gardevoir it could be replacing, but it has a combination of Calm Mind and Brightpowder.
Previously, there'd be one Gardevoir with the former and another with the latter.

Based Mega Gyarados saved my streak with waterfall flinches....and their sylveon not using Moonblast. >>

I got to 100 in super singles for the lansat berry using a quick durant team.

Durant @ Choice Scarf
Truant
Jolly, 31/31/31/x/31/31
252 hp / 252 speed / 6 def
-Entrainment
-Protect
-X Scissor
-Iron Head

Crawdaunt @ Focus Sash
Adaptability
Adamant, 31/31/31/x/31/31
252 attack / 252 speed / 6 hp
-Protect
-Dragon Dance
-Aqua Jet
-Knock Off

Kangaskan @ Kangaskanite
Scrappy
Jolly, 31/31/31/x/31/31
252 attack / 252 speed / 6 hp
-Fake Out
-Power up Punch
-Return
-Earthquake

I wanted something to sweep with priority after I lost to some quick claw stuff earlier. Works pretty well, only time I ever had trouble was when some Pokemon used a first turn protect, but luckily kangaskan took care of it and then I set up the sweep again. My knowledge of battle tower is pretty shallow but it worked well enough for me, gonna try to hit 200 for the Starf berry.

Yeaah! Finally got Super Triples trophy! Only one more to get the five trophies, Super Rotation Battles. Any trick for this? As I asked before... do Aron lvl 1 or Truant Durant work in this kind of battles so I get it easier? I dont want to get as frustrated as with triples... and it seems that the AI on rotation battles can cheat on you more than in any other kind of battles...

Andrew

beep boop
is a Top Artist Alumnus
I just lost at #76 in the Super Singles
code: AH2G-WWWW-WWW3-GEC3

I should have quiver danced against the nidoqueen like I had done previously, but for some reason i went straight for the fiery dance, i guess i was wary of rock slide and wanted to get as much damage in as possible before fainting...then the nidoqueen gets a crit. Then I was locked into surf with Hydreigon and Stockpile Lanturn w/ Charge beam, I wasn't able to break through. edit: I probably should have immediately switched to azu, gotten in some heavy damage before sacking him to poison jab, finished off the nidos with hydreigon, and then outboosted lanturn with volcarona. Alas, I was greedy and stayed in
Here's my team:

Volcarona @ Life Orb
252 Sp A / 252 Speed / 6 Hp
Flame Body
Timid Nature
-Quiver Dance
-Bug Buzz
-Fiery Dance
-Roost

Hydreigon @ Choice Specs
252 Sp A / 252 Speed / 6 Hp
Levitate
Modest Nature
-Dragon Pulse
-Fire Blast
-Dark Pulse
-Surf

Azumarill @ Assault Vest
252 Hp / 252 Atk / 6 Speed
Huge Power
Adamant Nature
-Play Rough
-Waterfall
-Aqua Jet
-Superpower

I took/used Zebraiken 's Azumarill build and he works really well. The star of the team was Volcarona, because I would lead with him and he gets so many opportunities to set up multiple quiver dances. As long as there is not a water, rock, or flying attack then he can wreak havoc on the AI often going 3-0 by himself. The set is standard on site except for roost, which I added b/c giga drain is unavailable and the survivability was absolutely necessary to boost, roost, and sweep.

Hydreigon was the least used member of the team ; I mainly used him to clean up after Azu and Volcarona or come in on expected electric or ground attacks. His typing really complements the other two members, and overall I think the team was good at covering each other's weaknesses; the only thing I really lamented was not having a solid answer to strong rock attacks. As you can see in the last battle, bulky waters also gave me a hard time as I had no supereffective moves against them, and since they often carry ice attacks I had to rely solely on Azumarill for them.

Speaking of Azumarill, he was/is a lot more potent than I expected. He really did a lot of work for the team and was able to sponge up special attacks due to his bulk from assault vest. He also hits very very hard, able to two hit KO most anyone neutral to him, and able to one-two punch with waterfall/aqua jet. A couple times i wondered if Choice Band might be more effective but I really appreciated the ability to switch moves and soak up more attacks with assault vest; really bulky offense is the way that I am trying to approach the battle maison, and since my first few tries it has improved from baton passing which is very hax-liable and just using attackers that didn't quite have the bulk to face multiple threats.

For my next attempt I am considering using Mega Scizor Bulky SD in place of Hydreigon. Hydreigon was very frail and often fell in danger of being 2HKO'd, whereas I can see scizor having more longevity due to roost, better defense, and better typing. The only thing I would miss would be able to come in and resist electric and ground attacks, where scizor is neutral to these, he does not have the crippling weakness to ice and fighting that Hydreigon has. He would also be able to boost, recover, and attack with good neutral coverage and not be as susceptible to dying as hydreigon is. and also be able to change moves. anyway, that is my team so far atm

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)