Battle Maison Discussion & Records

Maison Super Doubles: 167 streak

I finally lost with my fun, simple team which went much further than expected. Only 2 battles short of making the top 10 for doubles, all this effort was thus wasted.

The battles were actually fun, which is not the case when I use AI-exploitation teams. This team doesn't rely on fancy tricks apart from the occasional Imprison - it's mostly raw power. Double spread-moves are good for eliminating Focus Sashes, and Heat Wave misses were surprisingly rare. Running max speed on all 4 Pokemon was definitely the right choice for this kind of team.

Charizard @ Charizardite Y
Nature: Timid
Ability: Blaze -> Drought
EVs: 252 Sp. Atk, 252 Speed, 4 HP
- Heat Wave
- Solar Beam
- Protect
- Ancient Power

Typhlosion @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Blaze
- Eruption
- Solar Beam
- Heat Wave
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Landorus-T @ Wide Lens
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Stone Edge
- Imprison

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
- Dragon Pulse
- Psychic
- Draco Meteor
- Thunderbolt

Here are some interesting/close battles:

HZSG-WWWW-WWW6-AS9V - Battle 85, Milotic/Braviary/Starmie/Gardevoir

Milotic survives Solar Beam + Eruption, Charizard dies to Giga Impact. Milotic also survives second Eruption, Rests to full HP. Landorus' Intimidate gives +2 to Milotic's Sp. Atk... forgot about Competitive.

ZYCG-WWWW-WWW6-ASAZ - Battle 89, Tyranitar/Bastiodon/Volcarona/Aerodactyl

Switch Typhlosion to Landorus-T, Charizard Mega Evolves + Protects. Landorus Imprisons Rock Slide. Bastiodon's Wide Guard protects it from EQ, Charizard almost KOs Volcarona with Ancient Power, but it then Quiver Dances and KOs Landorus-T. Aerodactyl tries to Stone Edge Charizard when I Protect.

98ZW-WWWW-WWW6-ASBB - Battle 119, Raikou/Regirock/Moltres/Virizion

I Mega Evolve + Protect Charizard, Raikou tries to Thunderbolt it. Typhlosion barely survives 2 Rock Slides, switches out so it can later return for potential Blaze-boosted Heat Waves.

UT7G-WWWW-WWW6-ASBT - Battle 133, Golem/Medicham/Breloom/Chesnaught

I switch out Typhlosion for Latios and Charizard for Landorus-T, since the risk of Fake Out means I can't do the usual Eruption + Solar Beam to KO a Rock-type. Latios OHKOs Chesnaught and Breloom.

BQQW-WWWW-WWW6-ASCY - Battle 154, Conkeldurr/Aerodactyl/Tyranitar/Krookodile

I Mega Evolve + Protect Charizard, predicting the Stone Edge from Aerodactyl. I then switch out Charizard for Landorus-T, and Typhlosion uses Heat Wave instead of Eruption… only do this when I'm expecting Typhlosion to be in Blaze range the next turn, for higher damage overall than a full-HP Eruption followed by a pathetic low-HP Eruption. Typhlosion barely survives Mach Punch due to Intimidate, Heat Wave KOs stuff. Landorus-T Imprisons Tyranitar before I finish it off.

RTZW-WWWW-WWW6-ASD5 - Battle 168 (my loss), Gyarados/Archeops/Drifblim/Jolteon

The lead combo was one of the worst for my team to face, and the 2 backups were also quite bad - mainly because of Jolteon's speed and Drifblim's bulk + Shadow Ball vs. Latios. Overall I played badly - unwise decisions such as Heat Wave instead of Eruption let Gyarados barely survive; very bad when it has already Dragon Danced. Just had to face the most troublesome Gyarados and Archeops sets - Sitrus Berry means I can't wear it down with 2 Eruptions, and it gets out of Defeatist HP range. It would've been a tough battle no matter what I did.

As a fitting end to my post and my barely non-qualifying streak, the trainer who defeated me says this:

"Don't get mad over something like this. There are things in this world more worthy of anger."

Last edited:
Discovered a pretty good AI team for Multi:

Staraptor@Choice Band
-Close Combat
-Brave Bird
-U-turn
-Giga Impact

Scizor@Life Orb
-Swords Dance
-Bullet Punch
-U-turn
-Reversal

I've been using these two with them:

Azumarill@Sitrus Berry
Adamant 31/31/31/x/31/31
-Belly Drum
-Aqua Jet
-Play Rough
-Superpower

Mawile@Mawilite
Adamant 31/31/31/x/31/31
-Iron Head
-Protect
-Play Rough
-Sucker Punch

This combo worked really well, right up until the 40th battle. I found myself against Jolteon and Eelektross. Double elctric leads (especially with Jolteon) are the worst thing this combination can face. I'd really like to find some pokemon that can work well with this partner, so any suggestions are appreciated

On another note, how do I find the code for my battle video?

Hey guys, I just lost my first significant streak in the battle maison and want to share my team.

I got to 318 wins in the Super Triples, losing battle video is
Y3CG-WWWW-WWW6-BNCR

I lead with an obvious 3 for super triples

Greninja-Timid-Life Orb
Mat Block
Scald
Ice Beam
Dark Pulse

Typhlosion-Modest-Choice Specs
Eruption
Solar Beam (used once)
Protect (Never used)
Rollout (Never used)

Aerodactyl-Adamant-Lum Berry
Tailwind
Sunny Day
Rock Slide
Earthquake

(I replaced Aerodactyl with Talonflame after battle 250, as I had a couple of close calls, regretting that now)

The tactic is Mat Block, Tailwind, Eruption, turn 2 is then Sunny Day Eruption and whatever pokemon requires a hit from Greninja to go down, after that sweep.

The back up was

Aron Lv1-Nature Irrelevant-Berry Juice (Sturdy Nature, obvs)
Sandstorm
Endeavor
Protect
Swagger

Kangkaskhan-Adamant-Kangaskhanite
Return
Power up punch
Earthquake
Sucker Punch

Cresselia-Calm-Leftovers
Psychic
Toxic
Double Team
Protect

The back up plan is also simple, AI abuse with Aron to absorb hits with protect, endeavor to help out. He works well with Cresselia, Toxic + Endeavor usually results in death.
Also while the opponent attack Aron power up punch gives Kanga the needed boost to OHKO everything.

I honestly thought I could go on indefinitely with this team, but I forgot Terrakion has a choice item, and he uses it to good effect in the final battle.

Am I able to get myself added to the leaderboard, and if so how? (I'm a noob)

This combo worked really well, right up until the 40th battle. I found myself against Jolteon and Eelektross. Double elctric leads (especially with Jolteon) are the worst thing this combination can face. I'd really like to find some pokemon that can work well with this partner, so any suggestions are appreciated
If you want a really nice combo, lightningrod is the way to, and there's a few options for it

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Lightningrod#Pok.C3.A9mon_with_Lightning_Rod

Staraptor@Choice Band
-Close Combat
-Brave Bird
-U-turn
-Giga Impact

Scizor@Life Orb
-Swords Dance
-Bullet Punch
-U-turn
-Reversal

Azumarill@Sitrus Berry
Adamant 31/31/31/x/31/31
-Belly Drum
-Aqua Jet
-Play Rough
-Superpower

Mawile@Mawilite
Adamant 31/31/31/x/31/31
-Iron Head
-Protect
-Play Rough
-Sucker Punch

Mold Breaker Exadrill or Haxorus? Maybe Garchomp? Earthquake spam seems like a strategy, but then that Blizzard weakness...

Mold Breaker Exadrill or Haxorus? Maybe Garchomp? Earthquake spam seems like a strategy, but then that Blizzard weakness...
Mamoswine could be an option, as it resists Ice (and cannot be frozen), is immune to Electric and neutral to Rock, and has coverage options against all these types (Rock Slide, Stone Edge or Superpower in case of Ice). Though its weak special defense could be a problem when facing special attackers, especially bulky water types who often carry special attacks and can hit both starters hard, while neither Staraptor nor Mamoswine can hit them for super effective damage.
However, it might be worth a try, especially as you could still use Azumarill as a backup, who can switch in and deal with most bulky waters with ease. Both of your pokes share a Grass weakness then, but I don't think it's fatal as especially Mamoswine can hit them hard as well and both of your AI-partner's pokes have a huge advantage against grass.
Potential problems you should be aware of are the annoying weaknesses of the mammoth, that tend to undermine its decent bulk, as well as the fact it lacks a strong and reliable Ice type move (Icicle Crash is inaccurate, Icicle Spear has a varying Base Power that can be as low as 50, and Ice Shard is useful, but weak). Wide Lens could boost Icicle Spear's accuracy to 99%, but Life Orb or Focus Sash are probably more useful in general.
However, I don't have any practical experience with Mamoswine in the maison, it was just an idea you might consider.

Regarding myself, I played a bit Singles and Doubles, but only with moderate success, reaching 101 with Specs Hydreigon, Weakness Policy Aegislash and Chansey in Singles and 169 in Doubles with Level 1 Smeargle, Mega-Blastoise with Water Spout, Life Orb Hydreigon and Weakness Policy Aegislash in Doubles. The teams weren't really planned through much, I rather started with some ideas (Chansey + Aegislash combo and Blastoise + Level 1 mon) and added pokémon I already had because I was more motivated to play than to breed more stuff for those teams.
However, thanks to the good synergy and general strength of my 'filler mons' Hydreigon and Aegislash, they fit in quite well, though all teams left open some heavy weaknesses, like against Salamence (who outspeeds Hydreigon, doesn't care about King's Shield because it has Earthquake, and hits Minimized Blissey with double damage when it's the set with Dragon Rush), Garchomp (who is in a similar boat) and Dragon Dance Gyarados (whom i could only beat a few times due to AI's stupidity), and for example Contrary Serperior in case of my Doubles Team.

I might try those modes again with other teams, but first I want to get all trophies, just now I have the ones for Singles, Doubles and Triples, and currently a promising Triples streak going, but I won't go into detail before I lose.^^

I was checking the list of pokemon that holds either bright powder or lax incense and I didn't find Beartic as one of the possible pokemon holding said items. However, I have my reasons to belive that Beartic holds one of these: 429G-WWWW-WWW6-CGML

I was checking the list of pokemon that holds either bright powder or lax incense and I didn't find Beartic as one of the possible pokemon holding said items. However, I have my reasons to belive that Beartic holds one of these: 429G-WWWW-WWW6-CGML
Haven't watched the vid, but a possible explanation for 100% moves missing on Beartic would be Hail in conjunction with Snow Cloak.

atsync

Where the "intelligence" of TRAINERS is put to the test!
is a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogon
Beartic 4 has Lax Incense.
Not anymore it doesn't. It had Lax Incense in 5th gen, but it was changed to Assault Vest for the Maison.

I just watched the video. You were facing Artist Carmine, who I'm pretty sure always uses Set 2 Pokemon. The battle was number 17 of your streak, and that Beartic used Icy Wind and Hail, so that fits. I used a Frisk Yanma and found that it does in fact hold Lax Incense, and not Never Melt Ice as listed in the database! That would explain the 2 misses at the start of the battle before it used Hail.

Haven't watched the vid, but a possible explanation for 100% moves missing on Beartic would be Hail in conjunction with Snow Cloak.
Well, I wouldn't post if I wasn't sure heh, I missed the moves before it could start a hail in order to activate Snow Cloak.

I just watched the video. You were facing Artist Carmine, who I'm pretty sure always uses Set 2 Pokemon. The battle was number 17 of your streak, and that Beartic used Icy Wind and Hail, so that fits. I used a Frisk Yanma and found that it does in fact hold Lax Incense, and not Never Melt Ice as listed in the database! That would explain the 2 misses at the start of the battle before it used Hail.
So, was I right? I'll add the info to my personal list lol

Just managed to get to 62 wins in Super Multi with the AI,

I lucked out and got an AI with Dragonite (w/Choice Band) and Electivire (w/Air Baloon).

Dragonite was the key to it all, he had Outrage, Superpower, Giga Impact and Bulldoze.

I complemented the team with Endeavor sturdy Lv1 Aron, with Protect , Sandstorm, Endeavor and Swagger, with back up being

Cresselia (Calm, w/leftovers) 252 EVs HP and 252 EVs Sp Def,

Psychic
Toxic
Double Team
Protect

Turn 1/2/3/4 with Aron I always used Protect/Endeavor/Protect/Protect.

He was usually attacked by both opposition every turn, and with Berry juice it takes 3 hits to knock him out. This time allowed Dragonite to clean up, and when he didn't and Aron finally fell, Cresselia would come out and Toxic/Doubleteam what was left.

Fairies would have been trouble but only one significant fairy type appeared the whole run, and that was Togekiss who Electevire took down with an electric move.

The team wasn't that well built, but it got me the trophy without having to source a second 3DS, which is all I wanted.

I was brought down by a team of Articuno/Cresselia/Kangaskhan/Something else I forgot.
Dragonite took down the fourth pokemon who I can't remember with outrage, but Kangaskhan hit my Aron with fake out, stopping Endeavor from hitting Articuno.

In the end the AI took down Kangaskhan but at the cost of both Dragonite and Electivire, Cresselia poisoned Articuno and saw him fall but with half health left the very Cresselia its moveset was based on came out (Protect, Double Team, Toxic, Moonlight).

We both poisoned each other on the first move, and as I only had half health, and they had full health + moonlight, it was game over.

Still, delighted to get the trophy.

Okay, I finally got all the trophies! Took me long enough.

I've already posted extensively about my Singles streak and my Multi battles streak. Here's my post about Multis: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/battle-maison-discussion-records.3492706/page-39#post-5144108

Here's Singles: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/battle-maison-discussion-records.3492706/page-52#post-5246107

I originally had the idea of using a different Mega for every mode (something other people have posted about as well), but when I was thinking up a Doubles team, I was really drawing a blank. I don't like Doubles very much, and I didn't just want to use the same Pokemon everyone else was using. But I liked my Multi battle team so much, I thought "hey, why not give that a try?" It would mean less breeding, anyway. So here's the Doubles team:

Staraptor @ Choice Band (lead)
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Speed
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- U-Turn
- Brave Bird
- Double Edge

If it worked in Multis with a Mild nature and Giga Impact, it can work in Doubles with a Jolly nature and Double-Edge. And work it did; Staraptor just kills stuff, plain and simple. Fake Out from Scrafty helps it choose what it wants to kill. If I were trying to get further in Doubles (I just stopped after 50), I would probably give it Reckless over Intimidate; double Intimidate is cool, but there were several times where I think the extra power would have helped more than the additional Attack reduction.

Scrafty @ Lum Berry (lead)
EVs: 76 HP/252 Atk/180 Speed
Adamant Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Fake Out
- Crunch
- Ice Punch

Same Scrafty. Works just as well.

Charizard @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze -> Drought
EVs: 4 HP/252 Sp.Atk/252 Speed
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast
- Dragon Pulse

Same Charizard. Makes things go boom, sets up sun, resists Fairy (Scrafty's 4x weakness). What's not to love?

Darmanitan @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sheer Force
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Superpower
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

I chose Darmanitan over Typhlosion because I'm stupid/I'm trying to be "original"/I brought this already-trained Darmanitan over from White version. It has three perfect IVs: Attack (whee!), Speed (hooray!), and Special Attack (uh....). A few extra points in bulk wouldn't hurt, since I do switch it in on Ice moves sometimes. Oh well. Darmanitan kills stuff, it just gets to choose what its target is and has better coverage than Typhlosion. That said, I think the fact that Eruption is a spread move makes Typhlosion the better choice overall. Rock Slide is cool for Aerodactyl/Archeops, who destroy this team.

This team honestly isn't very good; the crippling Rock weakness and its difficulty getting past bulky Waters don't do it any favors. Darmanitan Flare Blitz can do like 50% to offensive Suicune in the sun and bring less bulky Waters to very low health, but the difference between near-KOs and actual KOs is massive for something as frail as Darmanitan. That said, they got the trophy, so that's what counts.

On to Triples!

Whimsicott @ Focus Sash (left)
Ability: Prankster
Timid Nature
- Tailwind
- Helping Hand
- Energy Ball
- Hurricane

Blastoise @ Blastoisinite (center)
Ability: Torrent->Mega Launcher
Modest Nature
- Protect
- Water Spout
- Ice Beam
- Dark Pulse

Manectric @ Air Balloon (right)
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Switcheroo (this is just here as an egg move; I don't think I used it once. Manectric's movepool is bad, but T-Wave would be better, as would Protect)
- Rain Dance
- Thunder

Terrakion @ Choice Band
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Speed (it doesn't have perfect IVs, but it does have 31 in speed)
Jolly Nature
- X-Scissor
- Close Combat
- Rock Slide
- Sacred Sword

Latios @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP/252 Sp.Atk/252 Speed (same IV issue as Terrakion; also has 31 Speed)
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Helping Hand
- Psychic
- Grass Knot

Staraptor @ nothing
EVs: I have no idea
Quirky Nature
- Quick Attack
- Aerial Ace
- Brave Bird
- Fly

Okay, so this isn't the team I'd planned. I bred a Swift Swim Poliwag (now a Poliwhirl) that was supposed to be a lead, with the intention of setting up Drizzle on turn 1, either using Protect or switching to Manectric to soak up some Electric moves. The problem is, I didn't feel like going out of my way to trade-evolve it, and my one IRL friend who plays Pokemon hasn't been online in a while. I was getting antsy to try the team, so I just went with it like this. Staraptor is there because it's the Pokemon I use to Fly around. Gotta get those PP Ups at the Loto-ID! That said, Brave Bird was surprisingly useful for Grass-types, and Quick Attack could screw over Sash/Sturdy users.

Offensive Whimsicott seems weird, but its coverage is actually really valuable. It used to have Moonblast, but Hurricane was more valuable to hit opponents on the far right and to do decent damage to Grass-types. It can only OHKO very frail opponents and things with a 4x weakness, but Water/Grounds with Water Absorb are one of its prime targets, and they're the reason I made Whimsicott offensive. Whimsicott has pretty much always been able to set up Tailwind (though sometimes it's better to just go ahead and attack, e.g. against Trick Room teams). Surprisingly, Whimsicott usually survives turn 1 to get off a Helping Hand next turn, which turns Mega Blastoise from a nuke into a super-nuke. If Whimsi faints, I go to Latios for Helping Hand or straight coverage.

Mega Blastoise kills stuff with Water Spout, and it does a damn good job. It has Dark Pulse because I was tired of breeding egg moves, but it's genuinely helpful against some opponents, specifically the SlowBros.

Manectric sets up Rain Dance on turn 1. Surprisingly, the AI almost always lets him do this. Lightning Rod is cool in theory, but the AI almost never used Electric attacks. I'm guessing they would have been more common if Politoed had been a lead, though.

Terrakion is just brute force as back-up. It KOs Ferrothorn, which is important, since Blastoise lacks Aura Sphere. Rock Slide has been very useful. X-Scissor is a good coverage move; hitting Psychics without the risk of a miss is nice.

Latios's movepool is weird, but it's specifically designed to support Blastoise. It used to have Thunder, but it was kind of redundant with Manectric, who usually stayed alive. Psychic KOs Toxicroak and Poliwrath; Grass Knot for opposing Water-types; Ice Beam for Dragons and Grass-types. Grass-types were very prevalent; they're the reason Latios doesn't use a Dragon move. Helping Hand boosts Water Spout. On rare occasions, I was able to Double Helping Hand Blastoise, and it was hilarious overkill. Politoed actually learned Helping Hand through a Gen V tutor, so when Gen VI tutors come out, I'm going to try that out (assuming there's a Helping Hand tutor again). The team doesn't like opposing Swift Swimmers (especially Kingdra; the other ones often die to Manectric) and all-Grass teams (I'll often use Flamethrower instead of Rain Dance on turn 1 when there's a killable Grass-type out). Battle video for the Chatelaine is here: TDKG-WWWW-WWW6-EK6Q. Regice has INSANE special bulk. Fortunately, it's a godawful Pokemon and it used Thunder Wave to power up Manectric.

I'll try to continue this streak when I find the motivation to evolve Poliwhirl.

Finally, Rotation battles. I was trying to think of what to use, and I noticed I had used Mega Charizard (Y) and Mega Blastoise for the other modes. Clearly, I need to use Mega Venusaur! The problem is, Mega Venusaur isn't exactly a sweeping machine; it's a tank. So I decided to build a team that would work well with Mega Venusaur. The first mon I came up with was Chansey; the two of them could sit there walling things all day, letting Toxic do damage. But then I was worried about opposing set-up sweepers, knowing they'd just finish me off before Toxic would KO them. Here's what I came up with, and it was surprisingly effective for a team with relatively little offensive presence.

Chansey @ Eviolite
Ability: Nature Cure
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 Speed
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Soft-Boiled
- Aromatherapy
- Seismic Toss

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Overgrow -> Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP/252 Sp.Atk/4 Speed
Modest Nature
- Synthesis
- Earthquake
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain

Cloyster @ Focus Sash
Ability: Skill Link
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Icicle Spear
- Razor Shell
- Rock Blast

Backup:
Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 208 HP/44 Atk/252 Speed
Jolly Nature
- Protect
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Earthquake

Chansey is really obvious. It can beat a decent number of teams by itself. Aromatherapy is godly in rotation. Did Cloyster get hit by T-Wave while setting up? Switch for free, survive pretty much any attack ever, and use Aromatherapy! Now you have a full health Cloyster with a Sash and +2 Atk/+2 Speed. Care to Shell Smash again? I can't get over how good Aromatherapy is. The only annoying thing is that it doesn't cure Confusion. If Cloyster gets confused, I just immediately switch it out. +2/+2 is useless if it's used to KO itself.

For Mega Venusaur, I went with SpAtk EVs. It's still really bulky with 252 HP, and I didn't have any real reason to boost one defense or the other (it would have been physical defense; obviously, Chansey manages Special), since some of the biggest threats would take it out anyway (e.g. Brave Bird). The extra punch was helpful. Some set-up sweepers are handled better by repeated Sludge Bombs than anything else my team has (except Cloyster, but I can't set it up if the opponent has an unused Fake Out, for instance). Earthquake seems weird, especially for a Modest set (fortunately, I have 31 Atk IVs), but it's important for hitting Poison- and Steel-types who are immune to Toxic and resist Venusaur's STABs. If it got Earth Power, that would be amazing.

I was torn about what to do about opposing set-up sweepers; it's hard to find a good answer to both Curse users AND Dragon Dance users. That said, Cloyster was the perfect choice. A big problem with Rotations is that, if you choose the wrong move and your move hits the wrong Pokemon, you could lose the Pokemon you needed to win. Cloyster very rarely has that problem, because Icicle Spear has insane power and great coverage, and it should be the move you pick at least 95% of the time. Often, matches will come down to weakening the opponent's resists with Seismic Toss or KOing their priority users before coming in, setting up Cloyster, and sweeping. Mega Venusaur is a great partner, being able to smash opposing Water-types with Giga Drain without being weak to equally problematic Fire- and Ice-types.

Gliscor complements this team very, very well. Chansey loves having another Fighting resist on the team, and Gliscor's physical bulk does a great job of complementing Chansey's special (...and physical...seriously, Chansey is crazy) bulk. She's also a very good answer to many set-up sweepers, because she's really good at staying alive with Protect/Sub while they die to Toxic damage. The speed is important, because that's what allows her to stall out slower set-up sweepers.

I changed the order of the team exclusively for the Chatelaine battle, because having Chansey lead against three Fighting-types is a bad plan. Gliscor carried me through that battle pretty much on its own. I made a ton of wrong predictions (ha! I'm going to finally hit Latias with Toxic! Oh, nope, she rotated to Cobalion) and STILL won. In fact, the only thing on her team that's actually risky is the possibility of Terrakion using Swords Dance. It never used it against me, though. The battle video is R6ZW-WWWW-WWW6-EK6E, but it's 42 turns, so only watch it if you're really bored.

This team is bad against Gengar (unless Cloyster can come in), but Gengar can't beat my Pokemon either, so I can usually just 3HKO with Giga Drain. Taunt and Encore can be a pain, but Chansey can usually survive long enough to work around it. They HATE Weavile, especially if Venusaur has been weakened. I actually lost at battle #42 because Weavile came in and Taunted when I went to set up Cloyster. Fortunately, I learned a lot from that battle, and made it to 50 on my second attempt.

Of my teams (excluding the Singles team, of course), I like this one the best. The matches can become really fun and interesting; Rotation battles are cooler than I thought. The way the team works, it's often "Cloyster + Cloyster's support team," but it's actually really common that Cloyster isn't the best strategy for a particular opponent. I'll try to continue my Rotation battles streak sometime soon.

Last edited:

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Staraptor@Choice Band
-Close Combat
-Brave Bird
-U-turn
-Giga Impact

Scizor@Life Orb
-Swords Dance
-Bullet Punch
-U-turn
-Reversal

Azumarill@Sitrus Berry
Adamant 31/31/31/x/31/31
-Belly Drum
-Aqua Jet
-Play Rough
-Superpower

Mawile@Mawilite
Adamant 31/31/31/x/31/31
-Iron Head
-Protect
-Play Rough
-Sucker Punch

Like others suggested you can try pairing Staraptor with an Earthquake spammer, which you could also combine with a Lightning Rod user except then you're limited to Marowak and Rhyperior and would suffer from a crippling weakness to ice type moves (I tried to Dis-Quake my way through doubles with Zap-Chomp and was left disappointed). I think if Lightning Rod is the way you want to go I would try out Manectric:

Manectric @ Life Orb / Choice Scarf / Manectite / White Herb
Timid 252 SpAtk / 252 Speed / 4 SpDef
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower / Overheat
- Hidden Power Ice / Protect / Volt Switch
- Hidden Power Ice / Protect / Volt Switch

So yeah he absorbs electric moves and can actually make use of the SpA boost, and can lay some hurt on ice types with your fire move of choice. Thunderbolt is good STAB. HP ice is for ground types that will want to Earthquake you, but it's still pretty weak so you might instead want to opt for Protect (wicked move in doubles) to waste their turn on predicted ground moves. Two Pokemon that are going to wreck Staraptor though are the way OP really annoying Aerodactyl and Archeops. The reason I listed Scarf on Manectric is that it can deal with both easily (except Scarf Aero, but both your leads avoid a OHKO from Rockslide without a crit. Just pray to Arceus that it doesn't get one and/or flinches). If you chose another item then Choice Band Archeops can and will Head Smash Staraptor to death (don't bank on a lucky miss) even if you happen to have Intimidate. Manectite can work well if you like, as you can hold off on mega evolving if you anticipate a turn-1 electric move. You also outspeed the non-Scarf dino-birds, so if your opponents don't lead with them you can happily T-bolt them away! If they do lead with them then double Intimidate (assuming Staraptor has it) turns their Rock Slides into 3HKO's! Just look out for Choice Band Head Smash from Archeops 3 (still a OHKO on Staraptor). Just note that the speed increase does not take effect on the turn of mega evolving so they still outspeed you on turn 1!

Anyway as for Scizor, he has a much more workable weakness in fire types. To that I say: put a water type on your team! If you happen to be running Volt Switch on Manectric then you'll probably want something bulky so you can actually switch it in. You could keep the Azumarill you already have, although in a format where he can be double targeted I would probably drop Belly Drum for something else. Maybe try Wide Lens and add in Aqua Tail. I would consider swapping Superpower for Brick Break just so you can get rid of screens if needed. Fast fire types are going to ruin Scizor and Aqua Jet isn't going to be OHKO-ing much without boosts so maybe go for something totally different. Greninja is a popular choice because of it's speed and power (also Protean). Your team becomes a whole lot more frail (Volt Switch is less viable now) but at least you can hit hard and fast...

Greninja @ Life Orb / Focus Sash / Expert Belt
Timid 252 SpAtk / 252 Speed / 4 HP
- Scald / Surf
- Ice Beam
- Dark Pulse
- Grass Knot

Pretty generic except I would be going Scald over Surf because you don't want to be doing unnecessary damage to your partner, also random burns can be nice.

Anyway I'm just throwing ideas out there. Hope you can make something of them

Updated.

I have a live 226 Super Rotation streak for over 2 months now, just to showcase how little I play lately.
I'd like to apologize for the late update (although I have been updating every now and then without posting about it).
My girlfriend and I are buying a house which is why it is so silent around me.

After much battling, I have won the Singles, Doubles, Triples, and Rotation trophies. All that remains is the Multi Battle. Once I win the final trophy, I'll make another post with the teams I used.

Quanyails

On sabbatical!
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I've been trying out Battle Maison Singles and Multi, having gotten records of 101 and 52, respectively. The records aren't, well, record-breaking, but they're pretty nice for someone relatively unfamiliar with Battle Facilities. I got through the Chatelaines by sheer luck, I have to admit. I technically tied with Nita, since Double-Edge's recoil knocked both Tornadus and Mega Kangaskhan out. For Dana and Morgan, I bet I would've lost if Virizion's Stone Edge hadn't missed.

My teams are built with consistency in mind. I try to minimize hax, even if the Maison is built to exploit it against me. While I'd love to use something like Mega Mawile or Azumarill, 90% accuracy on STAB is hard to rely on when battling continuously. Actually, it was that 90% accuracy that caused me to lose my streak. It's a gamble I decided to take, and I lost that gamble.

Singles team:

Ma'am (Kangaskhan) @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 6 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Double-Edge
- Sucker Punch
- Earthquake

Mega Kangaskhan breaks through the majority of opponents with ease. Its power allows it to take at least one Pokemon down per match, and the additional utility of breaking through Focus Sashes and Substitutes that would otherwise trouble the other team members is nice. It also immediately stops Trick/Switcheroo users such as Mr. Mime, Metagross, and Floatzel, though they're not too bothersome, with the exception of a Choice item on Clefable.

Fake Out allows me to get some free damage to opponents that are not of the Ghost-type or lack Inner Focus, and it allows me to gauge how much damage my other moves (Sucker Punch, mostly) will do. The EVs simply allow Mega Kangaskhan to take hits with ease while retaliating with powerful attacks. I choose Double-Edge over Return for raw power; the recoil from Double-Edge matters little when Kangaskhan just runs through opponents. Sucker Punch is good insurance against fast, frail opponents so Kangaskhan doesn't take another hit (E.g., Gengar, Medicham). Earthquake covers Rock- and Steel-types that resist Normal STAB. I originally had Power-Up Punch in the slot, but the boosts in Attack felt frivolous compared to the KOs Earthquake could have gotten. Earthquake is also a great move if an opponent is in KO range, but I don't want to take recoil from Double-Edge.

My Kangaskhan set is walled by Flying types and Levitators that resist Normal-type moves and Sucker Punch. Ghost-types in particular give Kangaskhan hassle after I've already Mega Evolved and so Kangaskhan does not have Scrappy. Kangaskhan hates burns, especially since it doesn't have Power-Up Punch to keep boosting its attack. Later on, I had noticed that the musketeer trio outspeeds Kangaskhan (one reason I chose not to maximize speed, since base 108s would outrun me anyway) and hit hard with STAB Fighting-type moves. I rely on Kangaskhan's teammates to deal with these threats.

Latios @ Choice Specs
EVs: 6 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Surf
- Hidden Power Fire

Latios switches in on the Fighting-type attacks directed at Kangaskhan and throws out powerful Specs'd moves. In most situations, that particular move is Psychic, being reliably strong STAB. I occasionally use Draco Meteor if Kangaskhan is down and the opponent is still healthy, but 90% accuracy hurts, especially since Latios isn't that bulky enough to take a hit on a miss. Surf is meant for Steel-types that resist Latios's STABs, and it's a generally okay spammable move. I've only used Hidden Power Fire once or twice through my hundred matches; the other moves cover 95% of my opponents.

Nebula (Clefable) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 246 Def / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Moonlight
- Aromatherapy

Clefable's capable of absorbing Fighting-type attacks toward Kangaskhan, while it is resistant to or immune to Bug-, Dark-, and Dragon-type attacks that would hit Latios. Clefable takes on many of the threats Kangaskhan or Latios aren't able to cover; status inflictors, stat boosters, and Pokemon with Super-Effective STAB. Thanks to Unaware, there's no chance for Moonblast to miss against a Double Team user, and I can set up Calm Minds against an opponent without fearing boosted attacks. Moonlight provides mostly reliable recovery when tanking hits, only failing with Rain-boosted hits. Aromatherapy allows Clefable to stand before Pokemon that rely on Toxic for damage (such as Cresselia and a strange Tauros), as well as healing the other team members of statuses--a burn for Kangaskhan, primarily.

The non-252/252/6 EVs are meant for Smogon-based battles, and I figure that it'd be a hassle to retrain. :P

--
The match I lost (102): CJ8W-WWWW-WWW6-GPM8

In short, I missed Draco Meteor twice (remember what I said about consistency and reliability?) and Hydro Pump critted my Clefable. Ah, well. Not the worst hax I've gotten. :P

--

Multi team:

Me:

Scoron (Charizard) @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 6 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Heat Wave
- Solar Beam
- Dragon Pulse
- Protect

Charizard simply Mega Evolves and uses Sun-boosted Heat Waves on most opponents. Solar Beam is great for Water-types that try to threaten Charizard and Hippowdon with Sun-weakened Surfs. Dragon Pulse is meant for Dragon-types, of course, although they aren't too threatening. Instead, Charizard fears Rock-type attacks. I recall a Braviary spamming Scarfed Rock Slide taking Charizard down and flinching Zapdos and my partner. That series of events was upsetting. Anyway, because Charizard is such a magnet for Rock-type attacks (and Thunderbolts, to a lesser extent), Protect allows Charizard to live being targeted while my AI partner can deal damage to them with Earthquake. I dislike Heat Wave's imperfect accuracy, but I haven't found a Pokemon and move that matches its immense power and range (and being Earthquake-immune).

I originally had a Naive nature because I used Earthquake in the fourth move slot, but since my partners were grounded and used Earthquake, I switched it for Protect, which turned out to be much more valuable.

Zapdos @ Assault Vest
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 6 SpD
Modest Nature
- Discharge
- Heat Wave
- Hidden Power Ice
- Tailwind

If Charizard goes down, Zapdos enters with the standard Discharge/Earthquake combo and Sun-boosted Heat Waves. Whereas most DisQuake combos fear Blizzard spam, Zapdos's Assault Vest helps its survivability immensely, and Heat Wave quickly defeats those Blizzard-spamming opponents (provided it hits). Hidden Power Ice hits Dragon-types and Ground/Flying Pokemon that don't take much damage from the other two moves. I don't use Tailwind in battle, but I keep it because I don't want Zapdos to forget it. The random paralysis from Discharge tends to work, albeit unpredictably, as speed control. :P

AI Partner:

Hippowdon @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: ?
? Nature
- Earthquake
- Crunch
- Slack Off
- Yawn

Hippowdon has great bulk and strong spread STAB in the form of Earthquake. Crunch is fairly good coverage that hits Pokemon such as Gengar, who would otherwise outspeed and KO Charizard with Thunderbolt while being immune to Earthquake. In addition, Yawn is remarkably good utility that allows me to focus on one Pokemon once the other is incapacitated. Slack Off is also useful for keeping Hippowdon alive while Charizard or Zapdos spams Heat Wave or Discharge; the opponents in the Maison go for Hippowdon despite the amount of damage it can take, while Charizard or Zapdos are the ones that deal the same or more damage while being frailer.

Metagross @ Occa Berry
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: ?
? Nature
- Earthquake
- Meteor Mash
- Bullet Punch
- Explosion

I like Metagross sometimes, and I dislike it at other times. If Metagross has to come in, that means some Pokemon has KO'd Hippowdon; STAB Grass moves or Blizzard are the most common culprits. Metagross, by virtue of typing, is resistant to both attack types, and it has strong attacks in the form of Earthquake and Meteor Mash. Bullet Punch is useful for picking off weakened opponents.
And then there's Explosion. @_@ Why does the AI use Explosion when it would put your partner's Pokemon at low health and leave it exposed to the opponent? Explosion has helped me in battles as I climbed to 50, but in all of the instances I recall, I would've preferred Earthquake. Both of my Pokemon are immune to Ground-type moves! Anyway, Metagross is a good second Pokemon behind Hippowdon, but, uh, Explosion. That's not the greatest move in Doubles when your partner isn't a Ghost-type.
I do use Discharge with Metagross out, since it's fairly tanky and doesn't mind paralysis as much as a burn or something. I just fear when the AI decides that Metagross should explode.

--

Battle Chatelaine (50): QJXW-WWWW-WWW6-GQSY

In short, Stone Edge missing helped with the win. That win might not feel genuine, but, eh, I'll take it, what with the hax the Maison might otherwise inflict upon my team. I didn't record my 52nd (lost) battle, since it was only two battles after the one linked. It involved Metagross exploding and weakening Zapdos enough for it to be KO'd quickly afterward.

Last edited:
Hey, 52 is a really good streak for Multi battles when you have an AI partner that can blow up on your own teammates. My entire Multi streak was a result of my AI partners rarely having "bad options" available to them; Staraptor might have targeted the wrong opponent, but it still smashed face with a Choice Band boosted attack, and Typhlosion would use Eruption pretty much every time. The fact that you beat the Chatelaine with less reliable AI partners is awesome!

I have just lost on Super Multi Battles round 103:

Here is the battle video on how I lost:
SMRW-WWWW-WWW6-GUMN
That super fast Darmanitan from turn 1 really threw me off, and it was all downhill from there :( I was hoping to recover by taking out Kangaskhan with sucker punch, and then beating down the right hand side 1 on 1 - but that didn't work out either, so battle 103 is as far as I got...

I played this Super Multi streak "with a friend" which was actually with myself on one of my extra 3DS systems.

Here is the Team I used and the set up explanation:

Cloyster (Lorelai)
IVs: 31/31/31/0/31/31
EVs: HP 6/Attack 252/Speed 252
Nature: Adamant
Item: Focus Sash

Attacks:
Icicle Spear
Rock Blast
Razor Shell
Shell Smash

I have Greninja set up a Mat block turn 1 and then have Lorelai here use a shell smash. Focus Sash lets me hang on in most situations when an attack gets through. From there I mostly rely on Icicle Spear to sweep, but will use Rock blast on Fire and Water Type Pokemon when present. Razor Shell is for those pesky Steel type Pokemon in hopes of cutting their defense down while doing damage.

Greninja
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31
EVs: HP 4/Special Attack 252/Speed 252
Ability: Protein
Item: Life Orb

Attacks:
Mat Block
Scald
Grass Knot
Ice Beam

I have this Greninja use a Mat block turn 1 to set up Cloyster's Shell Smash. It also helps me scope out the attack style of the opponent for 1 turn too. It really only fails in fake outs and when a Pokemon is a lot faster than I expected (Like in my losing video) From there I switch between Scald, Ice Beam, and Grass knot as needed to deal effective STAB damage. Scald tends to be my favorite of the 3 for the chance of a burn.

Mega Mawile
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31
EVs: HP 252/Attack 252/ Special Defense 4
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Huge Power (Intimidate before Mega Stone)
Item: Mawilite

Attacks:
Play Rough
Iron Head
Sucker Punch
Ice Punch

I bring this in when Cloyster falls in battle. I mostly rely on the sucker punch, especially in Trick Room situations - but if Mega Kangaskhan is out I will usually rely on Play Rough to take out any threatening Fighting Types on the field when possible. This Pokemon was a very good back up when matches went awry on me, and needed someone to pick up the slack.

Mega Kangaskhan (Kongaskhan)
IVs: 31/31/31/x/31/31
EVs: Attack 252/ Speed 252
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Parental Bond (Scrappy Before Mega Stone)
Item: Kangaskhanite

Attacks:
Fake Out
Return
Sucker Punch
Power Up Punch

Another reliable Back Up for when Greninja goes down. I usually Open with Fake out to earn my partner Pokemon a free strike and do a decent chip of damage too. Sucker Punch came in very handy in Trick Room situations or when I needed to strike right away. Otherwise Power Up punch was handy to heighten the attack stat and create a killer Return sweep for me.

All in all, this was a very fun and fast paced team to work with, and made winning the 50 streak trophy of Super Multi's very easy for me.

I only have 1 more trophy left to win (Super Triples) So I will post back again when I earn that final one, in hopes of joining the prestigious "Trophy Hall of Fame" hopefully someday soon! lol

Last edited:
Wow, my Super Rotation team got a lot further than I thought! I ended with a streak of 237 wins. Here's the team again, now with nicknames!

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite (Majin Buu)
Ability: Nature Cure
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 Speed
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Soft-Boiled
- Aromatherapy
- Seismic Toss

Venusaur (F) @ Venusaurite (Flowerpower)
Ability: Overgrow -> Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP/252 Sp.Atk/4 Speed
Modest Nature
- Synthesis
- Earthquake
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain

Cloyster (M) @ Focus Sash (Poked!)
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Icicle Spear
- Razor Shell
- Rock Blast

Backup:
Gliscor (F) @ Toxic Orb (Cheshire)
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 208 HP/44 Atk/252 Speed
Jolly Nature
- Protect
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Earthquake

Once again, I love this team. Their synergy is just crazy. Any one of these Pokemon can beat entire teams, but only very select teams (e.g. all special attackers for Chansey, bulky waters for Venusaur, teams with no Ice resists or priority users for Cloyster). I didn't plan it this way, but the team often operates to minimize prediction by relying on Chansey and Venusaur's insane bulk. With Chansey, I often just sit there and use Toxic even with two of the opponent's Pokemon poisoned, simply because neither of the two poisoned Pokemon can actually do anything to me. I built the team around Mega Venusaur originally, not realizing that it's actually the perfect partner to Cloyster. Ice is resisted by Water, Ice, Fire, and Steel; Venusaur happens to be weak to none of those types, has Giga Drain for Water-types (which are the most common) and can last for days with the help of Synthesis. Also, the front line is all Kanto, so that's kind of cool.

I almost never use Razor Shell and I probably used Rock Blast twice in the streak; you just don't want to miss a risk with Cloyster (unless he's at full health). When I do use them, I typically have a back-up plan (e.g. the opponent is slower than Gliscor, meaning they can be stalled out).

This team really doesn't like set-up sweepers, but it can usually handle them okay. Usually they'll either faint to Toxic + Seismic Toss damage + Mega Venusaur's attacks before they can get too dangerous; when they don't, I use Cloyster to take them out. Also, half of the team can't hit Gengar, while Mega Venusaur can only hit it with resisted attacks. That usually isn't a problem, because Gengar can't beat Chansey either, meaning Chansey can wear down the rest of their team until Mega Venusaur or Cloyster can finish Gengar off. It can be a threat when it has teammates I don't like, though, and it was ultimately a huge factor in my loss. That said, I don't think any of the moves on the team can be replaced. Mega Venusaur could run HP Dark (I THINK that's the Hidden Power it has; it's all 31 IVs except Special Defense, which I believe is 29, but it might be 28), but Earthquake's coverage on Fire- and Steel-types was incredibly valuable, and I don't think it would be worth it. Losing the 4x super-effective hit on Magnezone is a big deal.

I lost to a bad team match-up, which was bound to happen eventually with a team like this. It was Punk Girl Europa with Typhlosion, Gengar, Scrafty, and Hydreigon.

My team really hates Scrafty, so my goal is to hit it with Toxic as quickly as possible. I Toxic Typhlosion, it uses Solar Beam; whatever. Toxic again, it hits Scrafty, who uses Bulk Up. Go to Mega Venusaur, Sludge Bomb, hits Scrafty. Shed Skin activates. Some part of me knows this is the writing on the wall; without Toxic, it's really hard for me to KO Scrafty. That said, Gliscor can stall it out, but that relies on Gengar fainting. A couple of turns later, I use Shell Smash with Cloyster, who gets hit by Typhlosion's Lava Plume (no burn). I rotate around after that, manage to KO Typhlosion, Hydreigon comes in, blah blah blah. Scrafty gets a bunch of Bulk Ups, but fails to break Gliscor's Sub with Drain Punch on one turn. I rotate to Cloyster, hoping the AI will go to Gengar. No luck; Scrafty stays, tanks the Icicle Spear, and KOs Cloyster. After that, the writing's on the wall; Scrafty takes out Chansey with Drain Punch a few turns later. and Venusaur faints to Hydreigon (Dragon Rush flinch didn't help...), and Gliscor can't beat Gengar. I lose.

There really wasn't a lot I could have done. I could have tried using Shell Smash on turn 1 and just attacking, hoping that Scrafty would switch in on it, but I ran the risk of Lava Plume burn or Sludge Bomb poison. I think this was my first time facing Shed Skin Scrafty, who my team REALLY hates. When it's paired with another threat to my team (Gengar), victory pretty much comes down to luck, and my luck was bound to run out sometime.

This was a lot of fun, though! Rotation battles are more enjoyable than I thought. Plus, now Eppie has an extra target to shoot when resuming that Rotation streak (though admittedly, it won't take much to beat this from 226 wins).

I'll post the battle video when I'm somewhere that my 3DS can log onto the internet. I'll have to take another one of my videos down to do so, so I'll probably delete the one of this team getting 50 wins, or one of the less popular Singles videos.

Fun fact: In my 543 Singles streak, I faced Scrafty in battle #32. I didn't face Scrafty again until battle #400.

EDIT: Battle video of my loss has been uploaded; code is 3NNG-WWWW-WWW6-HKQC

Last edited:
Wow, my Super Rotation team got a lot further than I thought! I ended with a streak of 237 wins. Here's the team again, now with nicknames!
Would it be worth it to consider replacing Gliscor with something like Gengar/Alakazam with LO? (Sash would be nice too, but Cloyster) Dazzling Gleam and Shadow Ball/Psychic take care of your Scrafty and Gengar problems, particularly, and they've got the coverage to take out more than a few other things. Not sure how bad that would leave you against something like Terrakion, since I've never played around with Mega Venusaur. You didn't really mention any Veteran issues with the team, though.

Would it be worth it to consider replacing Gliscor with something like Gengar/Alakazam with LO? (Sash would be nice too, but Cloyster) Dazzling Gleam and Shadow Ball/Psychic take care of your Scrafty and Gengar problems, particularly, and they've got the coverage to take out more than a few other things. Not sure how bad that would leave you against something like Terrakion, since I've never played around with Mega Venusaur. You didn't really mention any Veteran issues with the team, though.
Veterans weren't a problem, and Gliscor was actually a huge part of that. Cloyster was actually my usual answer to Terrakion; most of the time I could weaken their Steel-types/Entei/Suicune enough that Cloyster could Icicle Spear without risk, or in the case of Suicune, Mega Venusaur could come in and use Toxic pretty safely. The real problem was Registeel. I faced Registeel a LOT (seriously, I got really sick of seeing that thing), and this team doesn't have any good way of beating set 1 (Curse/Amnesia/Rest/Iron Head). Sometimes it would switch in at dumb times and I could kill it with Seismic Toss, but a lot of the time it came down to stalling with Gliscor. Walrein 4 (ResTalk/Sheer Cold/Fissure @ Lax Incense) is also a big threat that Gliscor just laughs at. Mega Venusaur can 2HKO Walrein, but that depends on not dying to an OHKO move on the first turn. Cloyster can OHKO with +2 Rock Blast, but I'll be damned if I'm relying on a 90% accuracy move against something with Lax Incense.

Basically, Gliscor allowed me to play with confidence a lot of the time. I could take more risks knowing that Gliscor could come in and outspeed and stall their team until they made a dumb move, at which point I'd hit them with Toxic/EQ. That's why I dislike more conventional sweepers in Rotation battles; it's hard to play with any sort of confidence. Alakazam's Psychic is good for Gengar and its Dazzling Gleam is good for Scrafty, but those moves are often resisted or just lack the power to OHKO anything else. If you hit the wrong target, you're gone. That's true with Cloyster too, but Cloyster's +2 Icicle Spear is so insanely powerful that many resists will faint in one hit if I can get them down to 75% health, and I don't have to worry about Sub/Sash/Sturdy. Defensive teams are reliable, but their big weaknesses are set-up sweepers and OHKO moves. Gliscor handles those two classes of threats more reliably than anything else I can think of. I thought this team would have a "weak link," or a Pokemon who really wasn't pulling its weight most battles (I thought it would be Venusaur, actually). But every single one of them seemed totally crucial to having the team run smoothly and consistently. That said, if anyone wants to try a similar team, or a team with most of the same members but some slight modifications, I'd love to see what people come up with!

Singles: 174

Gengar @ Focus Sash | Levitate
Timid / 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Init
Dazzling Gleam, Destiny Bond, Shadow Ball, Thunderbolt

Suicune @ Chesto Berry | Pressure
Bold / 236 HP / 244 Def / 28 Init
Calm Mind, Rest, Scald, Substitute

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf | Rough Skin
Adamant / 252 Atk / 100 SDef / 156 Init
Earthquake, Fire Fang, Iron Head, Outrage

---

Doubles: 129

Politoed @ Choice Scarf | Drizzle
Timid / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Init
Ice Beam, Psychic, Scald, Surf

Ludicolo @ Absorb Bulb | Swift Swim
Modest / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Init
Fake Out, Giga Drain, Ice Beam, Surf

Gastrodon @ Sitrus Berry | Storm Drain
Bold / 252 HP / 108 Def / 28 SAtk / 120 SDef
Earth Power, Ice Beam, Muddy Water, Recover

Volcarona @ Focus Sash | Flame Body
Modest / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Init
Bug Buzz, Hurricane, Protect, Rage Powder

---

Triples: 50 (ongoing)

Greninja @ Life Orb | Protean
Grass Knot, Ice Beam, Mit Block, Surf

Aron @ Berry Juice | Sturdy
Hasty / Level 1 / non-EVd
Endeavor, Protect, Sagte, Toxic

Garchomp @ Focus Sash | Sand Veil
Jolly / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Init
Dragon Claw, Earthquake, Fire Fang, Outrage

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf | Sand Stream
Jolly / 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Init
Aerial Ace, Crunch, Earthquake, Rock Slide

Latios @ Choice Specs | Levitate
Dragon Pulse, Grass Knot, Psyshock, Thunderbolt

Aegislash @ Spooky Plate | Stance Change
Quiet / 116 HP / 144 Atk / 244 SAtk / 4 SDef
King's Shield, Sacred Sword, Shadow Ball, Shadow Sneak

---

Rotation: 50 (ongoing)

Kangaskhan @ Kangaskhanite | Scrappy
Adamant / 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Init
Earthquake, PowerUp-Punch, Return, Sucker Punch

Azumarill @ Wide Lens | Huge Power
Adamant / 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Init
Aqua Jet, Play Rough, Superpower, Waterfall

Gengar @ Focus Sash | Levitate
Timid / 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Init
Dazzling Gleam, Destiny Bond, Shadow Ball, Thunderbolt

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf | Rough Skin
Adamant / 252 Atk / 100 SDef / 156 Init
Earthquake, Fire Fang, Iron Head, Outrage

---

Multi: 50 (ongoing)

Latios @ Choice Specs | Levitate
Dragon Pulse, Grass Knot, Psyshock, Thunderbolt

Scrafty @ Wide Lens | Moxie
Adamant / 68 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 4 SDef / 180 Init
Crunch, Fake Out, High Jump Kick, Ice Punch

AI-Partner:

Bisharp @ Chople Berry | Pressure
Jolly / 252 Atk / 252 Init
Iron Head, Night Slash, Low Kick, Sucker Punch

Braviary @ Choice Scarf | Defiant
Adamant / 252 Atk / 252 Init
Brave Bird, Return, U-turn, Rock Slide

---

http://www.pic-upload.de/view-22726304/DSC_0006.jpg.html
-> 50 (open streaks)

http://www.pic-upload.de/view-22726292/DSC_0007.jpg.html
-> All trophys

http://www.pic-upload.de/view-22726313/DSC_0005.jpg.html
-> 129 Doubles

http://www.pic-upload.de/view-22726329/DSC_0003.jpg.html
-> 174 Singles

Last edited:
Hi everyone. I have 108 wins on super single. Here's the last match. ALPG-WWWW-WWW6-HHXN

I am new at metagame, so i did't iv calculate. I'm waiting for suggestions about my team. I guess i need a special wall or something.

Gengar, Focus Sash, Levitate
252 Sp Atk, 252 Speed, 4 Hp
-thunderbolt
-sludge bomb
-shadow ball
-destiny bond

Scizor, Scizorite, Technician
252 Atk, 252 Hp, 4 def
-roost
-bullet punch
-quick attack
-swords dance

Dragonite, Lum Berry, Multiscale
252 Atk, 252 Speed, 4 hp
-dragon dance
-outrage
-fire punch
-earthquake

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)