Battle Maison Discussion & Records

To repeat myself: the pokemons Im using are NOT hacked. Playing pokemon on a ROM doesnt automatically mean that they would be hacked. When playing on a ROM, you can still catch, trade and breed pokemons legally.

Alright, as GG Unit created a private conversation with me and asked for a 100 winstreak video a few hours ago, I can proudly tell you that my team has achieved another 100 wins. To make it clear: Ive started the streak at almost 8:45 pm (gmt +2) yesterday right after telling GG Unit (screenshot is attached, timestamps use gmt +2) that Im taking on the maison and finished it at 23:32 pm (gmt +2), 1.5 hours ago, which is a time window of almost 3 hours for the duration of the streak. That means there was no time for a situation like I would have lost during the streak, somehow edited my save to restore it and go for the 100 streak again until I finally succeeded. After I won the streak, I took the last 7 minutes (last 4 battles) from it and uploaded it here,
so nobody could claim weird things like I would have just claimed the 100 winstreak when I hadnt actually done it to have some more hours in front of me to do it. Im also uploading the whole 100 streak video, but the filesize is huge, which means I need at least a whole day to upload it on youtube. I will post the link here as soon as the video is uploaded. Later you can compare the short video with the end of the large video and see that they are identical.

The full 100 winstreak video:

Now Id like to write a few things about some of the 100 battles:

Battle 1095 (1:54:30) was very scary. I underestimated it completely because it was a legis battle.
Dragonite vs lead Latias, I know there is at least 1 Latias that knows Draco Meteor, and if it gets the critical hit, it would OHKO Dragonite, but I didnt bother and used Dragon Dance. Maybe you are surprised now that Draco Meteor didnt hit critically and Latias died to Outrage. But next comes in Landorus and I considered it as an easy win since I expected the usual stuff. Contrary to my expectation, it was a scarfed Landorus which finished Dragonite using Extrasensory. I thought np, its still an easy win, sent out Porygon2, received little damage by Extrasensory and OHKOed it using Ice Beam. But now comes Raikou in, a Calm Mind one, that I completely forgot about. I had to switch to Metagross immediately and hope for not getting OHKOed, but I didnt switch because I didnt expect Calm Mind. As for battles between Porygon2 and Calm Mind Suicunes that could not possibly end in my favor, Calm Mind Raikou means huge trouble, just because I dont have an Earthquake user on the field right now.
So I blindly click on Ice Beam and it immediately uses Calm Mind. I realized Im in huge trouble now. It even holds Leftovers, reducing Ice Beam damage even more, being at 6/7 of its hp.
The best chance I see is switching to Metagross now and hope for the best. Of course it uses Calm Mind again.
I hope for another Calm Mind and click Earthquake, but get OHKOed by Shadow Ball.
I didnt see any hope at the horizon and go for a desperate Substitute stall, but Raikou acts first and uses Calm Mind.
To my luck, its only move that could hit Porygon2 was Charge Beam, which I managed to PP stall in a long battle (even though it got Porygon2s hp down to 6). Its fourth move was Magnet Rise.

In battle 1117 (2:32:30) a Ferrothorn gets defeated by Dragonite+Porygon2 using boosted Outrage+Ice Beam. I havent fixed my team weakness about lead Curse Ferrothorn yet, which couldve led to a loss if I faced it.

Battle 1120 (2:36:30): It happened. The first time I misclicked after 1119 wins. It was even a critical mistake and I thought I was lost:
Dragonite vs lead Empoleon
I switch out to Metagross and get hit by Blizzard.
I activate its Mega and use Earthquake. It barely survives and its Petaya Berry triggers, KOing Mega Metagross with Surf.
I send Dragonite in and now the misclick happened: I meant to finish it off using Earthquake, but I clicked on Dragon Dance, which results in losing Dragonite to a Blizzard OHKO.
My last pokemon Porygon2 against their full team:
I decide to finish Empoleon immediately since it still has the boost from its Berry, but Empoleon is fast, using Surf and leaving Porygon2 at 1/3 hp left while dying to Discharge.
The next pokemon sent in was: Shiftry
I want to use Recover but get hit by Fake Out, being at 47 hp.
I try again Recover and Shiftry uses Protect, having almost full hp.
Next, I set up Substitute and it tries Sucker Punch which fails.
I use Recover and it tries again Sucker Punch which fails, still having the Sub and full hp now.
I go for Ice Beam and get hit by Sucker Punch, the Sub holds. Shiftrys sash triggers.
Now Im a bit nervous: I want to finish it off but also want to keep my Sub, so I use Substitute, trying to stall its Sucker Punch PPs, but it uses Protect.
That one pointless turn made me lose my patience and I go for Discharge, it uses Sucker Punch and my Sub fades, as well as Shiftry.
The last Pokemon sent in was: Dewgong
Im unsure if it has Sheer Cold so I go for Substitute, it uses Stockpile, it has more speed than Porygon2 by the way.
So it uses Stockpile again and me Discharge, taking 1/4 of its hp.
Next it uses Rain Dance and gets hit by Discharge, having around 50% of its hp left.
It uses Rest and gets KOed by 2 Discharges, one of them being a critical hit.
Phew.

Battle 1122 (2:41:00) is a perfect example why I hate quickclaw, saving his Donphan and leading to Dragonites death instead.

Attachments

Last edited:

Eisenherz

επέκεινα της ουσίας
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
See, every day you learn something new. I used to play with Clear Body because I thought it gets the stat boosts the same turn I click on Mega.
Basically, you're saying here that you went more than 1000 battles with Mega Metagross on your team without realizing that on the turn you mega evolve, it still has a base 70 speed stat, is that correct?
I hope you realize this is quite the baffling claim... the only 2 things I can think of to justify this would be
1. You *never* clicked an attack other than Bullet Punch in front of an opponent faster than Metagross' 134 speed on the turn you mega evolved. In 1000 battles, we can probably agree this would be difficult to believe, or...
2. You were paying so little attention that you didn't realize you got outsped when you shouldn't have. But that's equally hard to believe, because paying so little attention yet never losing in 1000 battles in a row doesn't really go together.

If none of these options is correct, the only thing I can think of is the streak didn't actually happen as claimed, but this is something you're already denying, so I'm out of guesses on that one, feel free to help me understand.

Basically, you're saying here that you went more than 1000 battles with Mega Metagross on your team without realizing that on the turn you mega evolve, it still has a base 70 speed stat, is that correct?
I hope you realize this is quite the baffling claim... the only 2 things I can think of to justify this would be
1. You *never* clicked an attack other than Bullet Punch in front of an opponent faster than Metagross' 134 speed on the turn you mega evolved. In 1000 battles, we can probably agree this would be difficult to believe, or...
2. You were paying so little attention that you didn't realize you got outsped when you shouldn't have. But that's equally hard to believe, because paying so little attention yet never losing in 1000 battles in a row doesn't really go together.

If none of these options is correct, the only thing I can think of is the streak didn't actually happen as claimed, but this is something you're already denying, so I'm out of guesses on that one, feel free to help me understand.
I think it would go as far as not just knowing what base stats are in the first place. For example, in the first video not wanting to 'risk' a Rock Slide from base 52 attack Bastiodon and using Earthquake against something that can have Sturdy and OHKO with Metal Burst.

That is correct. Metagross is my second pokemon which deals with slower pokemons for most of the time. For the times it faced faster pokemons, maybe I noticed that some outsped my Metagross, but didnt know why. Thinking of it, I might have considered them being scarfed and not further bothered. I dont understand why you guys think that in order to make a 1000 winstreak, you would have to play perfectly. I wouldnt say Im an expert, but I think Im pretty good overall. Not having full speed with Mega Metagross seems to be a small detail to me that isnt crucial. Also I cannot really play perfectly because I like to move on to the next battle fast, which means that I play without using a damage calculator. After playing over 1000 battles, I can say that my team is brutal and it is bulky. It exactly fits my playing style, but needs a bit of further balancing for edge cases.

That is correct. Metagross is my second pokemon which deals with slower pokemons for most of the time. For the times it faced faster pokemons, maybe I noticed that some outsped my Metagross, but didnt know why. Thinking of it, I might have considered them being scarfed and not further bothered. I dont understand why you guys think that in order to make a 1000 winstreak, you would have to play perfectly. I wouldnt say Im an expert, but I think Im pretty good overall. Not having full speed with Mega Metagross seems to be a small detail to me that isnt crucial. Also I cannot really play perfectly because I like to move on to the next battle fast, which means that I play without using a damage calculator. After playing over 1000 battles, I can say that my team is brutal and it is bulky. It exactly fits my playing style, but needs a bit of further balancing for edge cases.
"I'm always looking to further optimize my team for those rare edge cases. For example, if some lowly peon who doesn't even have a win streak of 200 offers a vague suggestion about needing to protect against hax I'll just replace Focus Sash Cloyster with Porygon2 on the spot while keeping the other two Pokemon exactly the same."

"I'm always looking to further optimize my team for those rare edge cases. For example, if some lowly peon who doesn't even have a win streak of 200 offers a vague suggestion about needing to protect against hax I'll just replace Focus Sash Cloyster with Porygon2 on the spot while keeping the other two Pokemon exactly the same."
Im not sure what youre trying to achieve here. All you do is trolling and being disrespectful. Ive delivered plenty of facts, Im even going to provide a 100 consecutive winstreak video that has a length of 2 hours and 48 minutes, playing non stop. That is something amazing, I believe, and should not be trampled with nonsense. You already lost your 100$ bet, maybe some hurt feelings? Grow up man.

Last edited:
Im not sure what youre trying to achieve here. All you do is trolling and being disrespectful. Ive delivered plenty of facts, Im even going to provide a 100 consecutive winstreak video that has a length of 2 hours and 48 minutes, playing non stop. That is something amazing, I believe, and should not be trampled with nonsense. You already lost your 100$ bet, maybe some hurt feelings? Grow up man.
The main achievement would be pointing out the obvious contradiction of you considering anyone who pointed out obvious weaknesses to your team to be 'haters' who are beneath you due to not having posted a 200+ win streak but then drastically changing your team based on one of their suggestions because they actually knew even more than you did lol. That's a particularly funny one, and beyond that anyone who actually would still check out records of a game that's like 5 years old knows enough to know how fake your purported streak actually is. Like you think having "90 percent easy battles" is some sort of unique achievement when that's actually the baseline level for anyone who knows the type chart and EVs/IVs.

Today is one of those days when youtube doesnt just let me sign in, but asks for further steps, sigh. This means I cannot provide the video on youtube today. But to keep my promise, Ive uploaded the file somewhere else and provided the link in my edited post. On a better day, when youtube lets me login again, I will upload it to youtube and update the link.

The main achievement would be pointing out the obvious contradiction of you considering anyone who pointed out obvious weaknesses to your team to be 'haters' who are beneath you due to not having posted a 200+ win streak but then drastically changing your team based on one of their suggestions because they actually knew even more than you did lol. That's a particularly funny one, and beyond that anyone who actually would still check out records of a game that's like 5 years old knows enough to know how fake your purported streak actually is. Like you think having "90 percent easy battles" is some sort of unique achievement when that's actually the baseline level for anyone who knows the type chart and EVs/IVs.
You clearly forgot about base stats. Let me reformulate your post:
"The main achievement would be ...bla bla bla ... I dont have a clue what Im talking about but just because Im enjoying BSing so much Imma write that he called them 'haters' which he did not and I am not able to deliver the fact through a quote because there is none. That's a particularly funny one, and beyond that anyone who actually would still check out records of a game that's like 5 years old knows enough to know how fake his purported streak must be because I cannot accept a streak of someones team who accomplished it fair and square. He even provided a 100 winstreak proof but Imma just call that fake as well. FAKE FAKE FAKE!!!11! Just because it doesnt fit my worldview. Oh yeah, and did I already tell you guys, the earth is flat."

Today is one of those days when youtube doesnt just let me sign in, but asks for further steps, sigh. This means I cannot provide the video on youtube today. But to keep my promise, Ive uploaded the file somewhere else and provided the link in my edited post. On a better day, when youtube lets me login again, I will upload it to youtube and update the link.

You clearly forgot about base stats. Let me reformulate your post:
"The main achievement would be ...bla bla bla ... I dont have a clue what Im talking about but just because Im enjoying BSing so much Imma write that he called them 'haters' which he did not and I am not able to deliver the fact through a quote because there is none. That's a particularly funny one, and beyond that anyone who actually would still check out records of a game that's like 5 years old knows enough to know how fake his purported streak must be because I cannot accept a streak of someones team who accomplished it fair and square. He even provided a 100 winstreak proof but Imma just call that fake as well. FAKE FAKE FAKE!!!11! Just because it doesnt fit my worldview. Oh yeah, and did I already tell you guys, the earth is flat."
Yes, my post was quite clearly about how you don't have a clue about what you're talking about and are bullshitting, no need to reformulate. The 'worldview' you are talking about is understanding the laws of probability, which have held up as true for quite a while. Everyone who doesn't cheat is already subject to those laws, so they know that even if they were to play optimally every turn, the odds of winning 50-100 'not easy' battles in a row is essentially zero.

Playing on a ROM isn’t legit because of save states just allowing you to reroll the opponent every time you lose. I don’t believe you got 1000+ wins if you don’t know your team inside and out at this point, which it doesn’t seem you do. Not knowing that Mega Evolving didn’t adjust Speed on turn 1 in Gen 6 is an incredibly basic thing that probably the entire community knows, and you somehow got to four digits without that?

Listen please. Ive heard of save states but Citra emulator does not have such a feature. Even if there was a way to somehow use save states on Citra, GG Unit was convinced that my team could not even win 100 consecutive battles due to team construction and playstyle, which I proved that they could. The time window made it impossible for me to restore my save and take on the 100 consecutive battles again after a failure. Because I only had 3 hours yesterday evening to do it and my team needs 3 hours to play through 100 battles. Not knowing everything about my team but getting a 1000+ streak only proves that the team is a) very strong, strong enough to make it even when not knowing the game to the limit, or b) in order to get a 1000+ streak, one would not need to know the game to the limit, but there is obviously a certain level of knowledge required. Just because I didnt know about Speed for Megas, this doesnt mean that I wouldnt know many other things as well. Ive played competitively against the AI since gen2, but never got such a successful streak like I have now in gen6. Surely I have learnt and improved over time while playing pokemon up to gen6. But especially new gen mechanics, like the Speed for Megas, is something Im less familiar with.

Hi everyone. I know there have been instances in the past of people fudging records, and as a new user, you have absolutely no reason to trust me. This is doubly true because my Pokemon are shiny. The truth is I love collecting and hatching eggs as a stress reliever, so when there are Pokemon I love, I will spend weeks MMing for a perfect shiny one. I'm hoping to go into enough detail that you'll trust in the prowess of this team, and I can answer any questions you might have. That said, I would like to submit my ongoing 4,000 win Triples streak for leaderboard consideration. I wanted to submit now so you can see the videos, before 3DS servers inevitably go down with the release of Sword and Shield.

I've loved Triples since they came out back in Gen 5, because they let you try very unusual teams. I played with some garbage weather teams and other stuff in Gen 5 to decent success. When Gen 6 came out, I was immediately drawn to Sylveon because it's adorable, and quickly fell into TR as a main playstyle to make it shine. The earliest incarnation of this team was a terrible team I loved and dubbed Team Sylvie Nuke, which relied on Cresselia to set TR and an Eject Button Scrafty to get Sylveon in at the very beginning of turn 2. It was fine for a joke team, but after it lost somewhere in the early 200s, I wanted something better. Browsing the leaderboards, I saw VaporeonIce had made Triples work with Mega Audino. Well, Mega Audino is almost as cute as Sylveon, so I immediately set about to build a team. The opening trio was perfect, as was Sylveon in the back. I didn't like the idea of running an Exploder, so I added in Clawitzer for reliability. The trouble now was I had two glass cannon special attackers in the back. I needed a back-up TR setter bulky enough to take some hits. I wanted it to be a physical attacker so Hariyama isn't the only physical attacker of the team. And if it could boost itself, even better! I was seriously considering Power-up Punch Dusknoir, when I browsed the list of Pokemon who can set TR and found my perfect fit.

Audino (F) @ Audinite (Mabel)
Ability: Regenerator -> Healer
Nature: Relaxed
IVs: 31/x/31/31/31/0
EVs: 228 HP, 196 DEF, 84 SPDEF
Moveset: Trick Room, Dazzling Gleam, Flamethrower, Helping Hand
"Look Dipper, I successfully bedazzled my face!"
Mabel is the queen of the team. This team might have been inspired by Sylveon, but it was brought to life by Mega Audino. VaporeonIce's moveset is perfect. Set up Trick Room, use Dazzling Gleam to help Aron and Hariyama knock things out, use Helping Hand once Sylveon makes its way out, and Flamethrower for troublesome Steel types. I did change her EV set some. 228 HP hits 207 HP, which reduces status/weather damage. This is extremely relevant, as Mabel will almost always be on the field the entire battle eating plenty of residual damage. I also added some extra Special Defense, which gives her a better chance of surviving Glaceon4, Chandelure4, and Venusaur4. She takes Earthquakes and Rock Slides just fine even with lower defense. Healer is great for removing status from her partners, although I wish it removed it from herself, too. If I re-bred her, I would have Klutz as her ability to screw over the few Trace opponents.

Aron (M) @ Berry Juice (Chirijiraden)
Ability: Sturdy
Nature/IVs/EVs: lol
Moveset: Protect, Endeavor, Toxic, Swagger
"Deemed too powerful, this sword was buried for centuries in a remote corner of the world. "
None of you need me to explain Aron to you. Aron is the sword that begins cutting into the opposing team the moment their defenses are down. This allows Mabel to use Dazzling Gleam to take out things she would have no chance against otherwise. Protect and Endeavor are your bread and butter 95% of the time. For the other 5%, I elected Toxic to take out hax machines without Rest (Cresselia2, Zapdos2, etc.) and Swagger to assist with handling Ghosts. I didn't want Sunny Day because it weakens Clawitzer, and honestly, it's not bad if Aron goes down to Hail. Although Aron is front and center in this team, this isn't an Aron team. It's a Mega Audino team. If Aron goes down to Hail, it just means Sylveon comes out sooner.

Hariyama (F) @ Flame Orb (Dumpling)
Ability: Guts
Nature: Brave
IVs: 22/31/31/x/31/0
EVs: 252 ATK, 124 DEF, 132 SPDEF
Moveset: Close Combat, Knock Off, Fake Out, Wide Guard
Not named after a character, she's just pudgy and as Makuhita had a little twist on her head just like a dumpling.
If Audino is the queen and Aron is her sword, Hariyama is her shield. This is where VaporeonIce's playstyles and my widely diverge. Hariyama's job is to make sure Audino gets TR up. If she has to go down in the process, so be it. Hariyama is great at this, protecting her from status and other hax via Fake Out and Rock Slide/Blizzard via Wide Guard. If TR has gone up and Hariyama is still around, this is when the fun starts. Close Combat and Knock Off boosted by Guts knock out everything except Flying and Fairies, and a few Pokemon bulky enough to resist. Hariyama doesn't fear status because of the Burn, allowing her to make contact with otherwise dangerous Static/Flame Body/Effect Spore Pokemon, and safely eat Blizzards without fearing the dreaded Freeze hax. And sometimes, she can just Wide Guard all battle and let the enemy defeat themselves. She has a flawed HP IV, however, that IV reaches an HP of 215, which is perfect for reducing Burn damage. She happened to hatch female, and in hindsight, this is perfect because it reduces damage from Rivalry Nidoking (Nidoqueen is comparatively harmless). Hariyama deserves a lot of credit for making the team partially hax-proof and allowing the streak to get this far.

Sylveon (M) @ Choice Specs (Hope)
Ability: Pixilate
Nature: Quiet
IVs: 31/x/31/30/30/1
EVs: 132 HP, 124 DEF, 248 SPATK
Moveset: Hyper Voice, Swift, Psyshock, HP Ground
"Maybe there's hope for us after all."
Oh Sylveon, I love you so much. The fact that you can wipe an entire row of enemies is just icing on the cake. Helping Hand boosted Specs Pixilate Hyper Voice is so fun it should be illegal. For sticky situations, you have Swift for evasion hax, Psyshock for Poison types, and HP Ground, which is primarily for Bastiodon and Magnezone, but helps against other Fire and Steel types as needed. To get HP Ground, you do have to sacrifice a point of Special Attack, but I've never noticed the absence. His IVs give him guaranteed survival against Metagross4's Meteor Mash, which was relevant on the team he was originally bred for (if you guys want me to run down an absolutely terrible mono-Fairy Triples team, feel free to ask). For better or for worse, it also gives him a chance to survive Escavalier4's Iron Head. Despite his fair bulk, most opponents can drop him in 2-3 hits, which means you might only have him for one turn if you play sloppy. Be careful with this precious little angel.

Clawitzer (F) @ Life Orb (Pyrope)
Ability: Mega Launcher
Nature: Quiet
IVs: 31/x/30/30/31/0
EVs: 252 HP, 248 SPATK, 8 DEF
Moveset: Water Pulse, Dark Pulse, Aura Sphere, HP Fire
This was another random name, just skip over this part. I don't even know why I'm adding it.
This glass cannon is a combination of sniper support and anti-hax. Aura Sphere scores full or near-KOs on dangerous hax enemies such as Walrein4, Glaceon4, RegigigasX, Registeel4, etc. Water Pulse and Dark Pulse hit most other enemies plenty hard. All of these moves can hit across the field, which is very important, because Clawitzer should be safely parked in a corner where the enemies can't hit her. Even with full HP investment, she has the defenses of a wet paper towel. So, you might be wondering why I run HP Fire instead of the much more useful Protect to guard her squishy insides. To that, I present: 248+ SpA Life Orb Clawitzer Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Escavalier: 177-213 (100 - 120.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO. I will delve further on this below. Suffice to say, Clawitzer is a very important member of a team already filled to the gills with invaluable Pokemon.

Malamar (M) @ Sitrus Berry (Squib)
Ability: Contrary
Nature: Sassy
IVs: 31/31/31/x/31/0
EVs: 252 HP, 60 DEF, 196 SPDEF
Moveset: Trick Room, Superpower, Psycho Cut, Knock Off
TR setters, mixed walls, and physical set-up sweepers: "What does Squib even do? He's just fat and lazy and sits in the house all day. YOU GET A JOB!" *Malamar joins Team Mega Audino* "He took...my job..."
Drumroll please! Presenting for the first time on the Maison leaderboards, Malamar! He sets TR, he can tank hits, he outboosts opponents, he eats status-lowering hax! Buy now and we'll throw in the Sitrus Berry for free! Okay, but seriously, this is the best decision I made for this team. It's some serious role compression, but he just manages to do it so well. Obviously he is the back-up TR setter should Mega Audino go down. But outside of that, he boosts using Superpower. This allows him to keep up with enemies who try to boost once Aron is down. And, sorry to say, but Squib is often the sacrificial lamb switched in to save other team members. The convenient ones are switching into Psychic attacks aimed at Hariyama for free, but he also often eats cross-field Flying attacks and lives to pummel away. EVs are for bulk, grabbing a jump point in Special Defense, and allowing him to survive two Intimidate Staraptor Brave Birds thanks to Sitrus Berry. Superpower is self-explanatory, Knock Off is the strongest STAB, and Psycho Cut is because this team is weak to Poison types. If you're running this on a team not weak to Poison, I'd recommend Substitute to prevent status/hax instead (and potentially change the item to Leftovers). He's a little fast for Trick Room, especially if he starts getting hit by Bulldoze/Icy Wind, and his bulk isn't as great as Mega Audino's, but he's just good enough to have pulled us through to 4,000. I was surprised Malamar wasn't on the leaderboard already, because he's just the glue that holds everything together.

Overall, this team is pretty easy to play, even for someone like me who spends a thousand percent more time breeding and hatching eggs than battling. Turn 1 is the most important turn. Unless it's against Mara, TR must go up. This is where Aron and Hariyama come in. Aron draws in the AI, and Hariyama protects Audino from hax. Occasionally, if Audino is safe, I will have Hariyama attack something like Lucario4 or Floatzel4 to protect Aron. From turn 2, you can start Endeavor + Dazzling Gleaming the enemies, and Hariyama can attack or Wide Guard as needed. If the front row can take out 2 Pokemon per turn, Aron will remain intact for the majority of the battle. After Hariyama and/or Aron go down, you can bring out Sylveon and Clawitzer as heavy hitters, with Mega Audino lending a Helping Hand. 90% of battles, you could literally win by mashing A. But, as much as I talk about how easy this team is, there are also many threats that can throw things just enough off-balance to make life difficult.

Walrein4: The monster that took down VaporeonIce's team and haunts our nightmares. It holds the distinction of being one of the only enemies both willing and able to knock out Mega Audino without a critical hit. Because OHKO moves can knock out everyone, the AI tends to aim randomly, only slightly preferring Aron due to Fissure being "4x" against it. If Walrein is on the right (Hariyama's side), you can choose to Fake Out if needed. But Hariyama going down isn't a hindrance to this team, as long as TR gets up. If Walrein is in the middle, risk the Fake Out. With the 10% chance of missing plus ~33% chance of targeting Mega Audino and then the 30% chance to hit, this is a worthwhile move. I've only had this scenario happen once, and the Walrein missed, so phew! Now, if Walrein comes out on the left (Mega Audino's side), immediately switch Malamar in for Hariyama unless the other two enemies can KO him. There has only been one battle where I wanted to get TR up but couldn't. "Walrein used Sheer Cold! It's a one-hit knock out! Mabel fainted! Go, Squib! Walrein used Sheer Cold! It's a one-hit knock out! Squib fainted!" I just about had a heart attack at that point, way back in the 800s. Luckily, Walrein was the only dangerous member of the team, and we pulled through by the skin of our teeth. But don't repeat my mistake. Keep one TR user safely away from Walrein at all times! Now, I spent all this time addressing Walrein as an opener, and that's because it's most dangerous as an opener. Back Walrein doesn't matter as long as TR is still up, because it can't hold up to the team for long.

Escavalier4: This monster underspeeds and can 1 or 2HKO the entire team. Mega Audino is weak, Sylveon is weak, Malamar is double weak. On top of that, it has confusion and flinch hax because the devs really wanted to make you hate your life. If Aron is still out, things should go smoothly. Because Rock Smash is 4x against Aron, Escavalier will almost always target Aron until it faints. Any combination of the front trio can take it out. Now, where you need your adult diapers is when it comes from the back after Aron and Hariyama are down. Maybe it will knock out your Pokemon. Maybe it will spread confusion. You don't know, but it's going to be terrible. You have a few options. The best option is Clawitzer. You were laughing at the HP Fire, but look at it now! Clawitzer can cleanly KO Escavalier as long as she's not hit by confusion. What if Clawitzer is down, however? If safe, Mega Audino can turn off TR. However, this is contingent on her not being confused or flinched. Her Flamethrower also 2HKOs it. Outside of these? Say your prayers, your streak might be ending. I've had some nail biters, but luckily it hasn't broken the streak yet. If you play this team, keep a look-up list open at all times. If you have to blind switch in one of your Pokemon, look to see if the trainer can carry Escavalier. If they can, switch Clawitzer in. This has saved my butt multiple times where I wanted so badly to blind switch in Sylveon, only to switch in Clawitzer and immediately be face-to-face with the knight's helmet of doom. I shudder to think if I had sent out Sylveon to be fodder instead.

Bastiodon4 (As well as Golem4 and Rhyperior4): Rock Slide flinch hax, plus it underspeeds you, AND it has Sitrus Berry so Aron can't defeat it. This is where I play differently than VaporeonIce. Remember where I said TR must always go up? Whereas VaporeonIce would Close Combat to try to get it out of the way, I will Wide Guard or Fake Out as applicable. As long as Hariyama is still alive, Bastiodon is actually harmless, because Hariyama blocks the Rock Slides. If Hariyama is down, you will have to contend with flinch hax, but all three of the back row can do major damage to it. Beware the flinch hax openers, and be thankful that Hariyama has Wide Guard.

Porygon-z2 (as well as Refrigerate Aurorus4): Porygon-z2 with Download or Adaptability can OHKO Audino. It has the honor of being the only Pokemon who can do so without an OHKO move or a critical hit. Luckily, only Ace Trainer Jai carries it. Fake Out or switch in Malamar to the other side as applicable. Refrigerate Aurorus4 can also OHKO, but only with a critical hit, so just play cautiously. There are a handful of other Pokemon that have the chance to OHKO with a critical hit, but these are the only two Pokemon guaranteed to. Remember, the AI won't recognize Audino's Fairy type on turn 1, which adds to her longevity.

Venusaur4: This is the #1 Mega Audino killer. It won't target Aron, because its only attacking move is Sludge Bomb. And Sludge Bomb feels like it always poisons Audino. The EVs I use give a big chance of surviving 2 Sludge Bombs while poisoned. Furthermore, this Venusaur Protects, Substitutes, and Leech Seeds just when you're least expecting it. If it has Protected the prior turn, it's usually safe to take it out with Aron + Audino. If they are down, Sylveon and Malamar do some fair damage.

Muk4: This bastard. It has Shadow Sneak to shorten Aron's longevity, Gunk Shot and Explosion to do massive damage to the rest of the members, and Quick Claw which is guaranteed to activate when you least want it to. Usually against priority users, I will Protect with Aron and/or target non-priority users to extend his lives. However, Muk is so dangerous that I willingly lose the life to take it out. If Aron is down, Malamar is your best bet.

Toxicroak4 and Nidoking4: These are two Pokemon who can do massive damage to most of the team, but who resist many of your attacks. With Croagunk, I usually dogpile it with everything I have, be it Hariyama + Aron, Audino + Aron, or Sylveon (who usually OHKOs with Hyper Voice). With Nidoking, it is most likely to Earthquake, so defend yourself as long as you can with Wide Guard, and if TR is still up, both Sylveon and Clawitzer can knock it out.

Glaceon4: Another hax-based Ice type. Wide Guard against its Blizzards, and if it looks like Hariyama can survive for a while, don't waste time attacking it. Aron can miss the Endeavor, wasting both a turn and potentially a life (which would've been saved if you used Endeavor on another opponent). Clawitzer OHKOs with the never-miss Aura Sphere.

Cresselia2 and Zapdos2: These two hax monsters like to Toxic/burn your team and boost evasion until you cry. Because Veterans are by and large harmless opponents, I will usually risk a life to get Toxic on them early. If Aron is down, Sylveon's Swift is your best bet. Clawitzer is useless due to these Pokemon resisting Aura Sphere.

RegigigasX: All Regigigas suck. They're either Toxicing you, paralyzing you, confusing you, or raising their evasion. If one comes out the first turn, Fake Out before it can confuse/paralyze you you (and potentially stop TR from going up). Hariyama and Clawitzer can both 1-2HKO, and best of all, Clawitzer can't miss! Be careful especially of Regigias4, which has Wide Guard to block Dazzling Gleam and Hyper Voice/Swift.

Mandibuzz4: Despite having an attacking move, it prefers to Swagger your team. Use Fake Out to ensure TR can go up, and you can dogpile it. Don't send Malamar out, because in addition to confusing him, Swagger drops his attack two levels.

Volcarona4 and Gyarados4: These are the only two Pokemon who universally prefer to boost rather than going after Aron bait. Things can steamroll quickly, so take them out as fast as you can. Please note, if Volcarona has Quiver Danced, Dazzling Gleam will do under 12 damage to it, so pair Aron with a Flamethrower instead.

Espeon34, Gardevoir4, and Alakazam34: If they can reach Hariyama, they won't hesitate to take her out. I recommend to Fake Out Espeon and Gardevoir (unless Audino is in danger), and either risk the Fake Out on Alakazam or switch to Malamar. I don't like switching Malamar in on Espeon or Gardevoir because they can KO him.

Moltres2, TornadusX, Staraptor34, Hawlucha4, Honchkrow34, Altaria3, Braviary34, Unfezant3, Skarmory3, any strong Flying types I am forgetting: These will go for the OHKO on Hariyama and usually ignore Aron. Worse yet, unlike Psychic types, they can attack from across the board. If you can Fake Out, go for it. Otherwise, consider switching Malamar in, who can take hits better.

Golurk4 and Chandelure4: These Pokemon do massive amounts of damage with spread moves, and Aron can't hurt them in a quick and meaningful way. As long as Hariyama can Wide Guard, you should be fairly safe. Golurk underspeeds you, so you can turn off TR if needed. Don't let Chandelure set up too far, because it will outboost Clawitzer and Sylveon, and Malamar risks getting burned.

Magnezone34: It has Steel typing to be dangerous to Audino and Sylveon, Electric to be dangerous to Clawitzer, and Sturdy to be a pain for Hariyama and Malamar. If you can take it out before TR goes down, you should be okay, but beware Magnezone3's Bright Powder and paralysis hax.

Thunder Wave and Swagger/Confuse Ray users: Mega Audino has the unique quirk that the AI does not want to Taunt her, and only rarely wants to send her to sleep. But they will paralyze or confuse her if given the chance (and don't get me started on Toxicing her). I don't know why this is, but if it's safe to Fake Out status users, do so to ensure TR goes up.

Blizzard/Freeze: This is the worst status, because it doesn't even knock your Pokemon out so you can switch something new in safely. Hariyama's Wide Guard is very important, because you can definitely have the other two freeze the same turn if you allow it. If Hariyama is down, focus offense on the user.

Priority: Aron's longevity is based on it only taking one hit per turn (because if you take out two other Pokemon, only one survives to attack). Priority messes this up. Usually I will handle it by focusing on the two other Pokemon, ensuring Aron still only takes one hit per turn. If there are two priority users, remember that you can use Protect on turns other than the first to give the team time to take them out. However, be aware that TR essentially only lasts 4 turns, and you don't want to Protect, have TR go down, and suddenly have Aron be useless. The most dangerous priority user is Arcanine4, who has Sitrus Berry and Intimidate. Dragonite4 and Spiritom34 are also fairly dangerous. A lot of the others can be taken out by Hariyama.

Right Intimidate: Users who come out on Hariyama's side with Intimidate throw a wrench in the plan. Hariyama has just enough Guts-boosted Attack to OHKO a lot of enemies, but after an Intimidate, it's significantly fewer. Aron will lose more lives per turn, and because it's dangerous to switch Sylveon or Clawitzer into Hariyama's place, she ends up being dead weight for the battle. Jensen is obviously very annoying, but Sylveon hits everything on his team well. You can also switch in Malamar to try and use some of the Intimidates as attack boosts.

Opposing Trick Room setters: Occasionally, the opponent AI will try to "set" Trick Room turn 1, but really all this does is nullify the TR Audino is trying to set, leading to a pointless turn 1. The chance of them doing this is fairly low, I would say somewhere between 10% of the time and 30% of the time. Use Fake Out if possible, but if you are faced with a worse threat (especially Blizzard freezes), guard against those. As long as Audino can try to set TR again on turn 2, everything should be good.

Chef Cobb: I shudder when I see his goofy opening speech. He has Sheer Cold users (including the dreaded Walrein4), Blizzard users, and Hail + Ice Shard to make Aron useless. To ensure TR goes up, Wide Guard the Blizzards or Fake Out Walrein. If you must choose between them, I recommend Wide Guarding the Blizzards, because there's only a 25% chance that it's Walrein4 and not one of its harmless siblings. Since Aron will be useless, don't be afraid to Endeavor on turn 1 for nice damage, and then he will go down and make way for a Sylveon board wipe.

Ace Trainers Bunny + Jai: These are the Special Attack + Special Defense trainers who carry all 4 sets of some pretty dangerous Pokemon. Don't take risks, always assume it's the worst version of whatever they send out, and don't let Bunny's Pokemon hax up too much with Double Team, etc. Remember Jai's Porygon-z could potentially KO Audino.

Rollerbladers: They carry Flying types to make Hariyama worthless, they carry Electric types to Thunder Wave Mega Audino, and they have 3+4 sets, so you have to guess a little bit. I will usually let Hariyama be sacrificed rather than trying to save her with Malamar, because honestly, Malamar is more helpful in these battles.

Scientists: They carry Poison types, Electric types, and fossil Pokemon, meaning at any given time, you could be facing monsters like Bastiodon4, Muk4, and Magnezone4. Play very cautiously around them. Clawitzer is useless due to the Electric types, and the many Grass/Poison types (looking at you, Victreebel4), and Sylveon can be useless if the trainers send out a lot of Poison types.

Mixed trainers: Beware of trainers like Ace Trainers, Tourists, and Owners, because they can be holding all sorts of dangerous Pokemon. Usually you can tell from the opening whether it will be an easy or hard battle, but make sure to use a look-up chart so you don't blind switch in Sylveon on an Escavalier.

Hex Maniac Mara: Just kidding, Mara and me are pals. Almost her whole team underspeeds you. You can choose to set TR or not. Wide Guard nullifies a solid 3/4ths of her Pokemon. You could probably have your pet play these battles and still win.

We made it to 4,000! I did not save the 4,000th battle, because I'm running really short on room, and 3,999 was so much more interesting.

Battle 3,999: TZJG-WWWW-WW5U-WYRU

This opening isn't the worst-case scenario, but a center Walrein4 and a left Intimidate are always dangerous. I went for the Fake Out on Walrein and of course missed, so Hariyama ate an Earthquake for no reason. Luckily, it targets Aron with Fissure, and we get TR up. Dazzling Gleam hits Walrein, allowing Hariyama to take it down despite being Intimidated. Hariyama goes down, and out comes Clawitzer because Gwen can have Escavalier4. A second priority user comes out, but Audino + Clawitzer can down Conkeldurr, so Aron Protects. With the entire back row revealed, they are harmless, and the rest of the battle goes smoothly.

Battle 3,525: 5QRW-WWWW-WW5T-ZDK9

Another opener with Walrein4. I go for the Fake Out even though Audino and Hariyama then get hit by spread moves. It hits, TR goes up, and the hardest part is done. Trying to have Aron and Audino take out Walrein is too risky, because they need both attacks to successfully make contact. So instead they take down Milotic, Hariyama attacks Walrein but misses. Aron blocks the Fissure, Hariyama eats another Earthquake. Of all opponents, Muk comes out. Aron and Audino immediately aim to take it down, Hariyama successfully downs Walrein, and both Aron and Hariyama faint. I'm faced with a double blind switch. I put Clawitzer in the corner because she is so frail, and pray that if Gwen sends out Escavalier, it's in the middle. So she sends it out on the left. Now, Sylveon has a small chance to survive Iron Head, which means sometimes the AI will Swagger instead, which it did in this case. I aim Clawitzer at Slaking before it can hurt anyone, and Sylveon gets off a Hyper Voice despite being confused. Audino chips away at Escavalier. From there, Clawitzer can take out the Gliscor that has been a thorn since the beginning.

Battle 2,889: FRBW-WWWW-WW5S-7TFJ

I love Mara battles. Like I said, these are never hard. They're just so gosh darn fun to play. Wide Guard blocks the entire front row, so we start chipping away. Nothing is even capable of hurting us until the final Cofagrigus, and that goes down easily enough.

Battle 2,571: 3XGG-WWWW-WW5S-WFUU

Let's be honest, I didn't play this battle well and caused my own problems. Right Intimidate makes Hariyama less useful, but a center that can OHKO Malamar makes it too dangerous to switch in. I don't go after Scizor because I want to preserve an Aron life, but Yanmega Protects and makes me waste that turn stupidly. I should've Wide Guarded on Rhyperior, I think I had already managed to forget about the Intimidate. Of course Escavalier4 comes out, and I dogpile it with both Audino and Clawitzer just in case anyone gets confused. Escavalier chooses to Megahorn Clawitzer, which is strange, but not a bad scenario. Thankfully, her final Pokemon is Shuckle, which is annoying but harmless, and we make it through.

Battle 2,411: V3EG-WWWW-WW5R-YMVX

A center Bastiodon4 is one of the most dangerous openers, and of course it's paired with Volcarona4 for extra trouble. I Fake Out Bastiodon to break Sturdy and ensure TR. The next turn, I choose to Endeavor Volcarona (Hariyama can't OHKO on its own) , and Aron gets burned by Flame Body. I try to have Hariyama down Bastiodon (Volcarona can KO Hariyama with Hurricane after a few boosts, so my usual strategy of continuous Wide Guarding won't work), but the flinch hax gets us. Mercifully, Healer cures the burn, and Aron lives to Endeavor Bastiodon (it's honestly wasted on the harmless Weavile). Through some dogpiling, it finally goes down. Probopass can hit surprisingly hard, but without knowing the back row, I decide to go for Hyper Voice rather than HP Ground. It does some damage to us, but the rest of the back is harmless, and everything goes smoothly.

Battle 2,000: DPZG-WWWW-WW5Z-4YCZ

A potential opener Cresselia2, paired with a Regigigas, necessitates a Fake Out + Toxic first turn. Both hit, and Cresselia is revealed as Cresselia2. Now that she's Toxiced, I can ignore her the rest of the battle. I Endeavor Landorus due to the danger of missing against Regigigas, which Hariyama promptly does. I switch in Sylveon after Aron goes down so I can get some board wipes going. I choose Hyper Voice over Swift because Cresselia is now harmless, and Regigigas can be soundly defeated by Clawitzer if required. The rest of the battle goes smoothly, but turns long as Cresselia continues to struggle against her fate.

Battle 1,837: 5PSW-WWWW-WW5N-EGFT

A turn 1 potential left Moltres2, and nothing threatens Audino? Time to switch to Malamar. TR goes up, Malamar shrugs off Sky Attack, and we are poised for turn 2 domination. I don't Endeavor Moltres because of the danger from Flame Body, instead opting to take down Cobalion and remove Latios's White Herb. From here, Malamar begins to boost, and the opponent's fate has been sealed.

I don't have many older battles, because I was terrible at remembering to save the video before going to the next battle. I'm still really bad at it, just less so.

In summary, this is a team that is extremely reliable even for people bad at battling, and it's also crazy adorable. I'd love to see it posted up there to help inspire people to make their own cutemon army.

EDIT: Wow, thanks for the likes, you guys are too nice!

Last edited:
This is my first post here and hopefully first to many.

I just completed my goal of getting each of the trophies in OR. I have not completed any of the runs yet and I will do follow ups once I lose with the details of each.

The rule seems to be a bit ambiguous about what proof is required for this stage, but I attached a screenshot of the hall with all the trophies. I look forward to doing the full write ups once I lose in each of the modes!

I ended up enjoying it more than I expected, and though I am still heartbroken about the lack of a Battle Frontier, I still enjoyed it greatly.

Attachments

I continued the streaks and started with the partners AI (to get the hardest one out of the way) and didn't get very far. The threshold is lower in this category, however, so it was good enough for me.

ORAS Battle Maison Super Multi Records with Artificial Intelligence: 60 win streak.

The team is identical to ninjachicken1's record on this category, so I won't pretend to have better insight than he did.

Greninja @ Focus Sash
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Mat Block
- Dark Pulse
- Grass Knot
- Ice Beam

Salamence @ Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Double Edge
- Earthquake
- Protect
- Dragon Dance

Loss: WEEW-WWWW-WW5V-XJP3 (Battle #61)

I started by miss-clicking and using dark pulse on the Regigigas instead of Froslass. I'm actually not sure this mattered and I got lucky on the Regi missing. In retrospect, I would have won if I had used mat block, but alternative forms of Regigigas are set up movesets and I didn't want to give them a chance to do so.

The biggest mistake was probably not using protect on the turn Salamance came out against Barbaracle. I was distracted and I think I failed to properly check whether Barbaracle is able to one shot Mega Salamance. I was also worried they would target Metagross and I would lose a turn in an already dire situation. Alternatively, I should have targeted Regi with double-edge and redirected Metagross' hammer arm to Barbaracle. After Salamance got 1HKO'ed it was over.

Last edited:
First, wanted to ask if there is anything else I need to do to have the previous run show up on the leader board. Should be 18th/19th in the ORAS Battle Maison Super Multi Records with Artificial Intelligence board. I'm not sure how often this board gets updated nowadays.

After Multi, I continued my singles run, but haven't lost yet. Don't have a lot of time for runs and singles with set up Drapion takes a long time. Decided to upload the 70th victory (I know it won't be in the board until I upload the loss):

Victory: YR5G-WWWW-WW5V-4YN4 (Battle #70)

The battle itself is very awkward and I almost fucked up by being careless with substitutes against the lead. That said, I wasn't in any danger from losing because of the mistake (unless Flareon decided to use Fire Fang and Drapion got burned, which it would never do until it ran out of Giga Impact pp).

Since battle #60, I've using the same team as VaporeonIce, with slightly different EV's for Durant from the Smogon guide page:
EVs: 172 HP / 108 Def / 228 Spe

I'll probably retrain the Durant to copy VaporeonIce's Durant exactly.

Before that I was using a variety of Pokemon on slot 3 that usually didn't matter, including Greninja and Suicune.

I'll do a full write up on the loss when that happens, but VaporeonIce's write up is very good, so again, I doubt I'll be adding much here.

Last edited:
First, wanted to ask if there is anything else I need to do to have the previous run show up on the leader board. Should be 18th/19th in the ORAS Battle Maison Super Multi Records with Artificial Intelligence board. I'm not sure how often this board gets updated nowadays.
I don't think you missed anything, just NoCheese isn't very active since a bit, might need to wait until he notices :o

A late addition:

Battle Maison, Super Rotation Battles. I previously got to 95, but some of the videos were inappropriate and/or lost, so I decided to make a new run, and this time I actually beat it, getting to 104 wins, losing at 105. (X and Y streak)

Kangaskhan @ Kangaskhanite (Big Mama)
Jolly Nature, 252 Atk, 252 Spd
Fake Out
Power-Up Punch
Return
Sucker Punch

Talonflame @ Life Orb (Glider EX)
Adamant Nature, Gale Wings, 252 Atk, 252 Spd
Flare Blitz
Brave Bird
Tailwind
Protect

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature, Sand Veil, 252 Atk, 252 Spd
Crunch
Outrage
Fire Fang
Earthquake

Gardevoir @ Assault Vest (BoyInDress)
Modest Nature, Telepathy, 252 Sp. Atk, 252 Sp. Def
Psychic
Thunderbolt
Shadow Ball
Moonblast

These were the stay-behinds after HOME wrecked my game taking most of my battlers, I was getting something a ribbon, I did not have the confidence or the wildest idea this would turn into THE run, but it did. I guess at the end I did "Jynx" myself thinking of moving up the leaderboard too much, I probably could've moved up more, but took an unfortunate loss to a Leaf Storm OHKO'ing my Garchomp without a crit or Specs (and not even the red, so IDK if Overgrow was a factor).

But anyway, some choices I made:

Jolly over Adamant for Kanga. It beats several legendary spreads who run neutral and ties with common threats like Charizards and others.
Adamant for Talonflame. 90% of the time you're going to "click Brave Bird to win" Why this thing wasn't sent to ubers I'll never know, it's freaking broken.
Flare Blitz and Life Orb for Talonflame over Specs. Takes care of two major pains, Ferrothorn and Skarmory.
Now that I've hit 100 (which I'm happy for), I'm thinking Gardevoir is not such a hot choice. But it is cool getting a streak with a shiny boy in a dress, lol, and it's now etched in stone. Replacements, maybe Aegislash if I just happen to do this again?

I'm a bit salty over the cheap loss, but hey, hit 100. Can't complain TOO much.

-James

Attachments

Last edited:
Finished my single run a few weeks ago. Didn't do as well as I hoped and made several embarrassing mistakes during the final battle due to tunnel vision.

Battle Maison Super Single Record: 96 win streak.

97th Battle Loss: H4FW-WWWW-WW5V-8CGN

Again, I used the same team as VaporeonIce so I don't have much to add. It was humiliating to realize after the battle that I could have just KOed the Chandelure and hoped for a better match up instead of trying to set up.

One thing that would have been helpful to me would have been to go through a checklist in every battle to make sure that I don't make blatant basic mistakes like that. There are a lot of corner cases and it can be hard to keep track of all of them for someone like me. So I made a checklist that maybe someone else will find useful:

Whiscott/Durant/Drapion Tough Situation Checklist -
  • Check for dangerous moves
    • If the opponent has protect/substitute/etc, use taunt first generally, though encore may be better if the opponent is faster
    • If the opponent has explosion/u-turn/volt-switch, try to lure the disruptive move before switching to Durant/using memento.
  • Check for dangerous items
    • Choice specs/choice band can make setup more difficult by forcing the opponent into struggle early. More importantly, the opponent might even SWITCH their Pokemon if they’re locked into an attack that does no damage against Drapion (psychic, mist ball, etc).
    • Toxic/Flame Orb also require caution, but may require more complex maneuvering (i.e. Breloom, see VaporeonIce’s write up).
  • If setup went wrong, check opponent’s ability
    • Are any of the opponent Pokemon's possible abilities potentially harmful?
      • Infiltrator, prankster, etc
    • If so, still consider if you can switch it even if it’s not for Truant
  • If otherwise unable to set up safely
    • Can you easily KO the opponent’s Pokemon with knock off without setup and hope for a better match up? (Don't try to setup in dangerous situations, like against infiltrator, when you have an easy KO!)
  • If even after setup, knock off does little damage
    • If the opponent still has healing (rest, recover, etc) bait the healing by only using 1 knock off at a time and switching to acupuncture to stall pp.
    • You might also land a critical hit, in which case you may be able to end faster.
I did have one sketchy victory against the Breloom setup that VaporeonIce warned against. I ended up getting a little lucky to win. Even though I followed VaporeonIce's guide for this battle, it only gives ~1 extra setup turn so maybe it always involves some luck:

Win 83: 9S4G-WWWW-WW5V-8CHX

I will probably move on to USUM before retrying this run. That said, I will still try to finish my other 3 runs, though I haven't had much time recently.

Threw together some speed tiers using the Maison Pokemon lists provided. Please post any mistakes I made so I can fix them.
I'm working on a spreadsheet to help me with the Battle Maison. I was cross-checking data and found some mistakes in the speed tiers list. I double checked the discrepancies by using the Showdown Damage Calculator to calculate the effective speeds to be sure.

Cresselia4 should be 52.
Honchkrow3 and Honchkrow4 should be 91.
Mr. Mime1 should be 234.
Mr. Mime2 should be 99.
Mr. Mime3 should be 110.
Mr. Mime4 should be 142.
All Porygon2 should be 80.

If anyone like me is still battling the Maison, I hope that helps.

Lumari

empty spaces
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnus
TFP Leader
I'm working on a spreadsheet to help me with the Battle Maison. I was cross-checking data and found some mistakes in the speed tiers list. I double checked the discrepancies by using the Showdown Damage Calculator to calculate the effective speeds to be sure.

Cresselia4 should be 52.
Honchkrow3 and Honchkrow4 should be 91.
Mr. Mime1 should be 234.
Mr. Mime2 should be 99.
Mr. Mime3 should be 110.
Mr. Mime4 should be 142.
All Porygon2 should be 80.

If anyone like me is still battling the Maison, I hope that helps.
snail489 hasn't been online since 2015 but i did most of these, ty

for Cresselia4, Quiet 31 Speed IVs Iron Ball as per the data dumps gives me an effective Speed stat of 47 as is listed currently, did I mess something up there / does it actually have a neutral nature unlike what the dumps are saying?

snail489 hasn't been online since 2015 but i did most of these, ty

for Cresselia4, Quiet 31 Speed IVs Iron Ball as per the data dumps gives me an effective Speed stat of 47 as is listed currently, did I mess something up there / does it actually have a neutral nature unlike what the dumps are saying?
Thank you for checking my corrections. You are correct that Cresselia4 is 47. I don't know why, but Cresselia4 was listed as Bold in my spreadsheet.

I have a couple questions:

Does anyone know what size Pumpkaboo the Battle Maison uses? I don't see that documented anywhere.

Bulbapedia lists ID numbers for the Battle Maison trainers:
https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Battle_Maison_Trainers

Where do these ID numbers come from? If they are coded into the game, can anyone tell me what the ID numbers are for the Battle Chatelaines?

Thank you for checking my corrections. You are correct that Cresselia4 is 47. I don't know why, but Cresselia4 was listed as Bold in my spreadsheet.

I have a couple questions:

Does anyone know what size Pumpkaboo the Battle Maison uses? I don't see that documented anywhere.

Bulbapedia lists ID numbers for the Battle Maison trainers:
https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Battle_Maison_Trainers

Where do these ID numbers come from? If they are coded into the game, can anyone tell me what the ID numbers are for the Battle Chatelaines?
I'm almost certain it is "Gourgeist" (IE not small, large, or supersize). I have nothing to back this up except this fairly regular occurrence:

252+ Atk Guts Hariyama Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Gourgeist: 146-174 (84.8 - 101.1%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO

Small Gourgeist would be a direct OHKO and Large Gourgeist dodges the KO even after Life Orb damage. And obviously it's not Supersize or we'd hear the modified cry.

Donno if there are any people who still cares about gen6 battle maisons.

I started my 2nd Omega Ruby run a month ago in the hope to master a new language and ended up in battle maison again after beating Delta Episode.

Here is the link to the 153th battle ( the loss ) Link: FPTW-WWWW-WW62-EK8T

Can potentially win this one if I switched out Garchomp against Conkeldurr, send in Talonflame to tank a Mach Punch easily and knock Conkeldurr out with a Brave Bird. Did a few mock battles afterwards and Conkeldurr always used Mach Punch on 1HP Garchomp ( which Talonflame tanked easily ). I don't know if the AI just choose random moves that can knock out Garchomp ( was my concern during the battle, not switching to Talonflame in fear of taking a Rock Slide ) or it will always use priority if the move can score a KO.

Team:
Garchomp @ Focus Sash
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Earthquake
- Outrage

Powerful dual STAB, Iron Head is there to hit Togekiss. Focus Sash is mandatory here as it guarantees survival from any hits ( usually ice moves, since the others don't want to switch into it and get frozen. )

Mawile @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 6 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Knock Off

Essentially what I call Mega Bisharp, it's non-STAB Sucker Punch hits as hard as a Black Glasses Bisharp's Sucker Punch Thanks to a decent base attack and Huge Power. Mawile occasionally provides the team with intimidate support and it's immunity to poison and dragon type moves is appreciated by both Garchomp and Talonflame.

Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 6 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Roost
- Swords Dance
- Brave Bird

I honestly think Talonflame is way better than Mega Salamence as an offensive flying type in battle maison, as it can still move first after the Al using Trick Room thanks to Gale Wings ( in this case the speed boost from Dragon Dance actually becomes a hindrance for Salamence ), Being a fire type also means Talonflame is immune to Will-O-Wisp and Flame Body. Sure it's weaker compare to Mega Salamence in terms of power but it has access to Sword Dance and Maison foes aren't like Uber Tier, most of them are fragile. At +6 a Sharp Beak boosted Brave Bird 2hko even the most resilient flying resist mons.

Also Sharp Beak is the best item here as it gives Talonflame enough power to OHKO some targets at specific boost stage.

Some damage calc

Against Regirock 2

+6 252+ Atk Sharp Beak Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Regirock: 108-127 (57.7 - 67.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

+6 252+ Atk Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Regirock: 90-106 (48.1 - 56.6%) -- 89.1% chance to 2HKO

Against Samurott 4

+2 252+ Atk Sharp Beak Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 168 Def Samurott: 187-222 (110 - 130.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 252+ Atk Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 168 Def Samurott: 157-186 (92.3 - 109.4%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO

Last edited:
Speaking of weird AI behavior I had this battle against a lead Salamence3.

Battle 119 against Roller Skater, Link: EV4G-WWWW-WW62-EL8U

After I stalled out it's Draco Meteor PP it constantly used Brick Break on my Talonflame ( which obviously hit my Mawile switch in ) despite it still had PP left on STAB Dragon Rush.

I generally believed AI would use the most damaging damage move against your active pokemon but it doesn't seem it was the case there.

And on the turn I stayed in with Talonflame he actually Dragon Rush'ed me. Some time I feel the AI select the move right after the player made the choice.

You can tell I was a little irritated at the end of the battle by how I used Mawile in the end, But well, I made sure to stall out Earthquake first.

Ironically a critical Earthquake is exactly what ended this streak.

By the way does anyone have spread sheet of maison trainer list ( like this list on bulbapedia ) with their corresponding original Japanese name?

I would really appreciate that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)