Not open for further replies.

Mattapod

bad clarinet music
is a Community Contributor Alumnus

Expectations
Round 2 will run from
08/17- 08/24
2359 GMT-7

Rounds will not be extended unless in the case of a substitute.
If the battle is not completed, the more active user will move on.
Post the battle video here in the thread afterwards.
Species Clause: A player cannot have two of the same pokémon on their team. For example, a player cannot have two Koffing on his or her team.
No duplicate items.
Sleep Clause
: A player cannot put two or more different opposing Pokémon to sleep using attacks that induce sleep to opposing pokémon.
Evasion Clause: A player cannot increase their Pokémon's evasion stat with a move that specifically increases evasion. Items or indirect boosts do not break this clause.
OHKO Clause: Players cannot use Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, or Fissure in any of their Pokémon's movesets.
Battle Timeout: If a player exhausts the timer, he/she loses.
No members who are on the
Wifi Blacklist in Smogon's Wi-Fi forum may join.
Only dex #1-149 may enter, with the exception of extended evolutions: This means you may use any Pokemon that shares the same family as the original 149 (i.e. Politoed, Scizor, Sylveon etc.)
Baton Pass Clause: You may only use one Pokemon with Baton Pass per team.

"Ubers" tiered Pokemon are banned.
Battles will be at lvl 50
Single battle format, 6v6.
Battles will be best 2 out of 3.
No changing Pokemon or items during the round.
You may change teams between each round.
Have your FC (friend code) and IGN (in-game name) in your signature.

PRIZES

#058 Growlithe - Intimidate - Impish
31/31/31/x/31/31
Lvl 1 UT

Non Redis
Donated by MenezJul

#081 Magnemite - Magnet Pull - Modest
OT: 2CHAINZ - ID No. 00065
31/02/31/30/31/30 Hidden Power Fire
Lvl 10 UT (Ability Capsule Used)
RNG Abuse on B2 Retail Cart

Non Redis
Donated by MattaPod

#129 Magikarp - Swift Swim - Impish
31/31/31/x/31/31
Lvl 1 UT

Non Redis
Donated by MenezJul

If you have questions about the rules,
post them here, please do not PM me.

Image credit : Nelson Tangela
Approved by Mizuhime.
Wifi Tourney Rules

Last edited:

Mattapod

bad clarinet music
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Won 2-0 against MattaPod , really good games, a lucky miss helped me in game one.

Videos:

V69G WWWW WW2J EEXM

8B7W WWWW WW2J EE46
i had fun but unfortunately there was leftovers on clefable and rhyperior, violating the item clause. not sure if we should

dq dialganet for breaking the rules of the tournament
or
rebattle within the rules before the deadline

Mizuhime , what do you think?

Mizuhime

Did I mistake you for a sign from God?
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
As host that's up to you but rules are rules and usually that's means disqualified

dialganet

Banned deucer.
It's fine, I mean - I broke the rules, there's no excuse to that - and that itself implies being disqualified from the tournament.

As I explained to MattaPod, I went autopilot while teambuilding and forgot about the rules: every defensive mon, get your lefties! I'm not saying it to defend myself - everyone that knows me here is aware of the fact that I always try to be the most correct possible in everything I do - but just to state that I didn't do it on purpose nor I meant to cheat (I mean, only a dumbass would use double lefties on purpose, it's the most blatant item to show its effect during battle).

I'm okay with whatever you decide and I fully accept the dq if that is the final decision. Cheers!

Last edited:
I beat Shiny Dratini 2-0. Game 1 was a 58 turn, close battle that came down to a stall war between my M-Venusaur and Slowbro and his Chansey and Reflect Type Starmie.

1: Y8WG-WWWW-WW2J-SD84
2: VF7G-WWWW-WW2J-SDBR

vs.

dialganet

Banned deucer.
after thinking about it, as cheap as it feels to win on a dq, i have to stick to the rules.
Perfectly fine with it. As small of a compensation as this is, at least I'm glad that the double item didn't alter our match. Since I got out against you, I hope you win it all haha.

I won 2-0 against trikx_insane. Two Stealth Rock setters... wow...

I'll edit the videos tomorrow. Heading to bed rn.
It was actually a mistake haha. I made the team on the spot and I was building some HO team, added clef as a sr user, then I remember I had aero as a SR User so I put that in. Was gonna replace SR w/ twave on clefable but forgot too. haha. gg tho! good luck in the rest of the tournament ! :]

It was actually a mistake haha. I made the team on the spot and I was building some HO team, added clef as a sr user, then I remember I had aero as a SR User so I put that in. Was gonna replace SR w/ twave on clefable but forgot too. haha. gg tho! good luck in the rest of the tournament ! :]
I see. Well... it caught me off guard in Game 1. xD

PS: I've edited the videos. See my previous post.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)