Mattapod

bad clarinet music
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Battle of Kanto

Expectations

This round will run from :
Thursday 06/25 at 0000 - Friday 07/03 at 2359
(GMT-7)

Rounds will not be extended unless in the case of a substitute.
If the battle is not completed, the more active user will move on.
Post the battle video here in the thread afterwards.
Species Clause: A player cannot have two of the same pokémon on their team. For example, a player cannot have two Koffing on his or her team.
No duplicate items.
Sleep Clause
: A player cannot put two or more different opposing Pokémon to sleep using attacks that induce sleep to opposing pokémon.
Evasion Clause: A player cannot increase their Pokémon's evasion stat with a move that specifically increases evasion. Items or indirect boosts do not break this clause.
OHKO Clause: Players cannot use Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, or Fissure in any of their Pokémon's movesets.
Battle Timeout: If a player exhausts the timer, he/she loses.
No members who are on the
Wifi Blacklist in Smogon's Wi-Fi forum may join.
Only dex #1-149 may enter.
You MUST use one of the 3 starters. (you can use more than one if youd like, but one is mandatory)
You dont have to have a mega evo, but if you do elect to use one, it has to be your starter Pokemon.
Battles will be at lvl 50
Single battle format, 6v6.
Battles will be best 2 out of 3.
No changing Pokemon or items during the round.
You may change teams between each round.

Bracket
MattaPod vs Darkdevil
locoghoul vs Slowmobro

Subs
Radd
ash1236

PRIZES

Prizes will be awarded in the following format:

3 Prize Pokemon. 1st place gets to pick 2, 2nd place gets the remaining one.
Vanadinite and MagnusArcanum were super awesome and volunteered to donate a prize each.​

Zapdos -
Pressure - Modest
31/x/31/30/31/31
Hidden Power

Lvl. 70 UT
SR'd by me in Y Version / OT: Rocko

Cloned by MenezJul
Non Redis

Donated by MattaPod

Gastly - Levitate - Timid

NN: "Discidium"
Hidden Power

31/0/31/30/31/30
Disable, Clear Smog,
Perish Song, Reflect Type

Semi Redis

Bred by Vanadinite TSV matched by MagnusArcanum
Donated by Vanadinite

Bulbasaur - Chlorophyll - Modest
Hidden Power

31/x/31/30/31/30

Amnesia, Giga Drain, Ingrain, Sludge
Hatched at Santalune Forest

Non Redis

Donated by MagnusArcanum

If you have questions about the rules,
post them here, please do not PM me.

Approved by Mizuhime.

Last edited:

Mattapod

bad clarinet music
hey guys fyi im on vaca til late saturday night my time but ill try to be as active as i can

Embarrassing loss xD but oh well I had fun! he came too prepared for my alakazam! GGs Loco and gl in the finals!
1st battle: XVJG-WWWW-WW29-FTSH
2nd Battle: UH2W-WWWW-WW29-FTTN
Loco won 2-0
Thanks for the tourney matta!

darkdevil and i should be battling within the next 24 hours. man this tourney has been fun, cant wait to host another!
I'm still salty that I missed the last tourney cause I'd just been learning how to do mono. So I'm not sure if I'd want a "Battle of Kalos" tourney (depends on the rules regarding dex entry and stuff) but I'm probably down with whatever tourney you host lol.

GG's Slowmobro, I'm glad my Nidoqueen did some work this round as opposed to eating two Outrages last round...

Mattapod

bad clarinet music
I'm still salty that I missed the last tourney cause I'd just been learning how to do mono. So I'm not sure if I'd want a "Battle of Kalos" tourney (depends on the rules regarding dex entry and stuff) but I'm probably down with whatever tourney you host lol.

GG's Slowmobro, I'm glad my Nidoqueen did some work this round as opposed to eating two Outrages last round...
i wanted to do another monotype actually :)

Haha I don't care I just want another tourney xD not a fan of OU though, it seems like you see the same mons on every team in OU. I like this meta though, of course you know you'll see your gengars and charizards but otherwise it's all up in the air haha I love it.

Mattapod

bad clarinet music
Haha I don't care I just want another tourney xD not a fan of OU though, it seems like you see the same mons on every team in OU. I like this meta though, of course you know you'll see your gengars and charizards but otherwise it's all up in the air haha I love it.

well tbh id love to do this meta again myself. i think its a blast, and the old fart genwunner in me cant get enough of it. id love to do it again. ill prob do monitype again next and then this again, everyone seemed to enjoy it. i dont like ou much either, lati@s, heatran, azumarill,rotomw, landoge.. seems like every team is the same like you said

Haha can't forget talonflame
well tbh id love to do this meta again myself. i think its a blast, and the old fart genwunner in me cant get enough of it. id love to do it again. ill prob do monitype again next and then this again, everyone seemed to enjoy it. i dont like ou much either, lati@s, heatran, azumarill,rotomw, landoge.. seems like every team is the same like you said

you could also try a triples or doubles tourney. Should be fun for a change. Or you could try this meta again, except you are free to use whatever Mega. That should mix things up. Mega Zam, Mega Beedrill, Mega Pinsir, Pidgeot, etc.

Mono tho :) :) :) I'm a happy guy. Gonna start breeding right after the final round.

Mattapod

bad clarinet music
just fyi guys, i applied to run it again, but this time all megas are allowed :)

also would anyone be interested in a monotype doubles tourney?

just fyi guys, i applied to run it again, but this time all megas are allowed :)

YES that means I can use mega squidward:)

edit: relating to what Slowmobro said if you're gonna ban khang and gengar you should also ban mewtwo and his megas.

Mono yes please. Doubles, yes too. Mono doubles? hmm probably yes, just a little out of my comfort zone lol. Weather teams might be too op in that meta

Mattapod

bad clarinet music
My guess is cuz mega Gengar hits hard and could trap you. Mega Khan otoh laughs in the face of focus sash.
yea and cause theyre both huge dickheads. way overpowered compared to most, although i love that theyre legal on battle spot :)

Mattapod

bad clarinet music
havent heard from my opponent in two days, they said theyd maybe be going out to sea, whatever that means

Mattapod

bad clarinet music
i feel like a cheapskate making it to the finals on 2 byes

my opponent no showed for our battles but i saw him online battling other folks so i had to dq him. finals will be posted shortly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)