Battle of the Week - Second Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Battle of the Week: Season Two

Subforum Rules | Season One | BotW Homepage

Smog Article #1

Welcome to the second season of Battle of the Week!

Battle of the Week is a program designed to allow the users of Smogon to pick and choose which battles they want to see. If you've been unable to watch battles between top players because they choose to play on a deserted server or at the wrong times, this is your chance to watch an elite battle as it is played. If you still can't be on, you will get to watch the battlers go head to head at a later date by watching it on the Smogon YouTube Channel, because all battles in this program will be recorded and uploaded there. Additionally, The Smog plans to deliver insightful and interesting information about the battle and the battlers themselves.

How the Battle of the Week will work

This season there are three stages to the process.

Metagame Selection Stage: Users will be able to post whichever metagames they would like to see played, and the most popular choice after 24 hours is the one that will be used. Example metagames: DPP OU, ADV OU, RBY UU, VGC 2011.

Nominations Stage: Users will be able to submit nominations by posting up to three other Smogoners in the thread. Note that this means you cannot nominate yourself. To be eligible, the nominee must meet the following simple criteria:
- must have an account on Smogon that has been online sometime during the last week
- must not be on the [jump=listofpeople]list of users that don't want to or can't participate in the Battle of the Week[/jump]

If one of these conditions are not met but you think a nomination should be permitted, PM or otherwise contact me with reasons why. This stage will also last 24 hours.

Final Poll: The nominations will be counted, and the top ten most nominated players will be placed into a poll where everyone will be able to vote for any number of players in the pool. The two players that receives the most votes after 24 hours will be the battlers in the battle of the week. You may vote for yourself in this stage, unlike last year.

The battle will be scheduled, completed and recorded, and then the process will be repeated, with the program lasting for around ten 'weeks'.

Battles
(DPP OU) Earthworm vs Gouki [Video] [Log]
(BW OU) Kevin Garrett vs locopoke [Video] [Log]
(ADV OU) G80 vs goofball [Video] [Log]
(GSC OU) Umby vs Hipmonlee [Video] [Log]
(RBY OU) husk vs Jackal [Video] [Log]
(DP OU) Atticus vs Lady Bug [Video] [Log]
(BW OU) Iconic vs Eo Ut Mortus [Video] [Log]
(BW Ubers) Jibaku vs trickroom [Video] [Log]
(DPP UU) Bluewind vs Eo Ut Mortus [Video] [Log]
(VGC 2011) Huy vs OmegaDonut [Video] [Log]
(BW OU) panamaxis vs Philip7086 [Video] [Log]

It's a shame NailsOU changed his vote... now he's the only one that predicted wrong :(

Anyways GG panaboss, it was fun :)

panamaxis

how many seconds in eternity?
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Actually 9,223,372,036,775,808 people were wrong but same difference right? GG Phil definitely a fun match.

The videos and logs for this week's battles should be up shortly, I'll leave this thread as a sticky until then. I hope everyone enjoyed this season, and if you have any feedback or comments, go ahead and post it here.

muffinhead

b202 wifi vgc
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Although watching the OU battles was fun, I wish to see more VGC (or any other tiers) votes in the future.
Especially because stuff like Zoroark with Counter is viable ◕‿◕

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
How badly did he hax you pana? Theres no way Phil got a legit win!

All of the logs are up on site now thanks to Kevin Garrett and I, and the first Smog Article for this season is now up thanks to Eo Ut Mortus and the crew at The Smog. Nastyjungle has been doing the art you can see in the first 4-5 logs and in the article in The Smog, thanks very much for that! Thanks to the recorders (locopoke / symphonyx64 / StevenSnype) for getting the videos on YouTube quickly as well. I can't promise that there will be any more articles in The Smog for the other battles in the season, but there may be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)