It's not a misplay, it's RNG manipulation
Battle Spot Leader
logo by ThickFatAzumarill
Welcome to the second Battle Spot Premier League! This thread is the starting gong for this tour as well as the signup thread for aspiring managers. There will be 6 teams and managers are allowed to draft themselves, just like the first iteration of this league. However, unlike the first BSPL, this year will feature a semifinals between 2nd and 3rd, further pushing teams to aim for the number 1 slot during the season!
- All games are going to be held on Pokemon Showdown and general tournament rules apply.
- All games are going to be a best of 3 set
- Each week, teams get the following points depending on the result: Win = 2, Tie = 1, Loss = 0
- Teams with equal points are ranked according to their differential (# of sets won - # of sets lost)
- Teams that are completely even at the end of the season for a playoff spot will face each other in 3 sets: one format is selected from each team and the third set will be SM Battle Spot Singles
- SM Battle Spot Singles
- SM Battle Spot Doubles - Note: This format is teamlocked during the bo3 set (similar to VGC)
- ORAS Battle Spot Singles
- GBU Battle Spot Singles
July 10-16: Manager Signups
July 16: Managers are decided and Player Signups go up
July 16-22: Player Signups
July 23: Draft
July 24-Aug 27: Week 1 to 5
Aug 28-Sep 3: Semis between 2nd and 3rd
Sep 4-10: Finals
Manager Responsibilities: Managers are required to draft their team on the 23rd. Managers are also responsible for sending in rosters before each week starts, ensuring the activity of their players, and managing substitutions when necessary. Managers are allowed to draft themselves as players for 10k, but they must confirm before the draft starts.
To sign up as a manager, post below with your team name of your choice and a reason why you would make a good manager.