Tournament Battle Spot Premier League III - Week 5

DragonWhale

It's not a misplay, it's RNG manipulation
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Week 5
<<SPREADSHEET>>
<<SCHEDULING SHEET>>
(4) Rustboro Rocky Helmets vs Po Thicc Clubbers (2)

BSS: Plas vs MAMP
BSS: Puff Killa vs Particular1
BSD: Stan Soojung vs PinkSylvie
ORAS: NOVED vs Monsareeasy
ORASD: Jhon vs Mishimono
GBU: Darkinium vs Moose And Goose
(2) Castelia Cavaliers vs Saffron Side-Pups (4)

BSS: Mikaav vs Cynara
BSS: 11oyd vs martha
BSD: innovamania vs Havens
ORAS: cant say vs Pearl
ORASD: I Am a Rookie vs Kaori
GBU: Megazard vs bobochan
(1) Anistar Farseers vs Fallarbor Flare Blitzers (5)

BSS: hzhz vs marilli
BSS: greilmercenary9 vs jroxas
BSD: P3DS vs ankle1snowfan
ORAS: average fella vs Psynergy
ORASD: Sir Scrubbington vs Memoric
GBU: Solerme vs Maxx C

All games are TEAMLOCKED best-of-threes. Please open all three games with the same team BEFORE starting game 1.
You are allowed to bring different Pokemon at team preview for each game.

PLEASE SAVE REPLAYS!

DEADLINE: Sunday September 2nd, 11:59 PM EDT

Last edited:

DragonWhale

It's not a misplay, it's RNG manipulation
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ullar sorry but you can only sub people in and out (i.e. not move players around. you cannot sub in players you subbed out). You're going to have to make do with some players playing in slots that weren't intended in the beginning.

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
just wanted to thank cant say for picking me up as a solo-GBUer, after tanking in classic i was more and more convinced that BSPL1 was a massive fluke but "should've gone 5-0" or however I should put it has at least made me more confident in my battle spot play even if it isn't worth shit to us because that isn't how mons work. I might not have stuck around if this tour didn't go better, but even with idiotic weeks like whichever one we faced the thick clubbers in, this was plenty fun.

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
just wanted to thank cant say for picking me up as a solo-GBUer, after tanking in classic i was more and more convinced that BSPL1 was a massive fluke but "should've gone 5-0" or however I should put it has at least made me more confident in my battle spot play even if it isn't worth shit to us because that isn't how mons work. I might not have stuck around if this tour didn't go better, but even with idiotic weeks like whichever one we faced the thick clubbers in, this was plenty fun.
*thicc

Mikaav

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Last edited:

Psynergy

Triumph and Glory
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Battle Stadium Head

Pearl

Romance は風のまま
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis the 7th Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Champion
won in 3 vs can't say gg

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen6battlespotsingles-799655656
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen6battlespotsingles-799655728
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen6battlespotsingles-799655794

and that seems to be it for our team's season! really glad that i got to prove myself by going undefeated in my home turf after a campaign where i ended up being the most expensive player with a shitty final record. talk about good redemption arcs :psynervous:. oras bss has always been one of my personal favorite formats for a plethora of reasons, including its really high variety of viable pokemon and strategies, as well as its really dynamic pace, so it was nice to play it one more time in a competitive setting, and I want to thank Kaori for giving me the chance to do so even when the team needed me in other tiers.

aside from that, i'd like to give a nod to the people on the team who fought till the very end. ika (i forgot ur forum name LOL) and bobochan deserve a special mention due to the time they spent helping me browsing relentlessly through japanese blogs in search of the next big tech for my games. it is safe to say that i would've never fared this well without such solid support. thank you a lot. Cynara this tour pretty much solidified my decision of drafting you in ssd, and I have no regrets about it in spite of the rocky start over there. you kick ass

everyone else who didn't quit on us: didn't get to interact much with all of you, but thanks a ton for being there

As our season is finally over, I thought I'd thank my team Side Pups and specifically Kaori for the opportunity given to me. I honestly thought I wouldn't get drafted nevermind play for a game.

It's a shame that the season overall didn't quite go as planned and we missed playoffs, sometimes pokemon is a wonderful game and it does not want you to do well, however I had a lot of fun. Shoutouts to Pearl and Cynara, showed with your play that you were worth your price tag or in the latter case that you were a complete steal. I didn't get to talk a huge amount to some of the doubles players and fellow subs, but I had fun messing around with Therazer456 and CapriSunGod on discord chat whilst laddering that one time. Overall everyone was really cool and chill. I came in knowing basically no-one other than bobochan and nintendogeniuses and was unsure how things would go, but it went really good which I was happy about :).

nintendogeniuses, once you get over your nerves you will be a great player I swear, I know you were disappointed with your performance but it happens to the best of us. Lastly bobochan, I think the team would have done a lot worse if you had not been on it. From prep to playing I'd argue you had one of the hardest paths every week but did the most to try walk that road. You did good kid.

That's Ika out :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)