Tournament Battle Spot Premier League IV - Semifinals

DragonWhale

It's not a misplay, it's RNG manipulation
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Semifinals
<<SPREADSHEET>>
<<SCHEDULING SHEET>>

(1) Castelia Cavaliers vs Lumiose Luxrays (4)

BSS: chemcoop vs greilmercenary9
BSS: hzhz vs Plas
BSD: FloristtheBudew vs marilli
ORAS: GroudonEmpire vs Moose And Goose
ORASD: TheLoanRanger vs EmbCPT
GBU: cant say vs Megazard

All games are TEAMLOCKED best-of-threes. Please open all three games with the same team BEFORE starting game 1.
You are allowed to bring different Pokemon at team preview for each game.

PLEASE SAVE AND POST REPLAYS!

DEADLINE: Sunday August 25th, 11:59 PM EDT

Last edited:

BSS: chemcoop vs greilmercenary9
El Clasico.
Probably the hardest match to predict between two of the strongest players, if not the strongest. The first thing that i can say here is that Greil, being a manager, has had and still has more weight on his shoulders, specially now that we're this far in the premier league, and this might influence the outcome. This could be also true if we see it in the opposite way, with him finding some extra power from his responsabilities. This being said, my bet is on Greil since in the hardest times he's always been conclusive. An important part of this match will be which team the two will dedice to play, since in strength and skill they are kind of even.

BSS: hzhz vs Plas
Another great match between two formidable players. Despite being pretty strong, Hzhz hasn't been that solid lately, maybe being a little bit too hasty while playing. I think Plas will score for the Luxrays here.

BSD: FloristtheBudew vs marilli
Numbers don't lie and marilli has one of the highest, if not the highest, win ratio in the bspl history. He's been solid in different tiers and i honestly don't see a scenario where florist beats him. But who knows, maybe if he scouts in game 1 he will somehow win the other two.

ORAS: GroudonEmpire vs Moose And Goose
Despite being an *insert an insult* we all love GE. He was one of the reason why most of us started to play and love the battle spot singles tier.
He's way more experience than MaG, but he's also known for not having the best mindset when it comes to non-ladder games. This is a very important match though and i think GE will think twice and breath before making any choice while playing, winning the best of three.

ORASD: TheLoanRanger vs EmbCPT
While Edu is known as a doubles prodigy, TLR has been really solid in the whole premier league and i think he will continue with his convincing performance.

GBU: cant say vs Megazard
I'd put MZ in the top 5 GBU players, somewhere near to Darkinium, Noved and Kaori. Despite this, i'm 100% sure there is no freaking way that cant say will lose this. He has hype flowing through the veins right now and he's going to win this carrying his team to a tie breaker.

Every match could go either way, and we're going to see a fantastic show this week.
So yeah, i think and also hope (sorry greil :p) that thing's will end with a spectacular Tie Breaker.

#bobochanmodeoff​

bobochan

slow mo my bobo
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
(3) Castelia Cavaliers vs Lumiose Luxrays (3)

BSS: chemcoop (4-1) vs greilmercenary9 (2-2)
Unfortunately Greil hasn't had the best season this year and irl/RNG stuff hit him hard as well. On the other hand Chem is playing some of the best BSS we've seen, much like the man who dominated the scene back in late '17 and early '18. On paper these two players are roughly equal but considering the what's happened thus far, the match is moderately in Chem's favour.

BSS: hzhz (1-2) vs Plas (3-2)
In the two BSPLs Plas has played in, he went positive and ended up on the winning team twice, that should speak volumes on how good of a player he is. Hz, much like his fellow countrymen, are excellent in room tours, topping both the PS and cart ladders, but somewhat underperform in team tournaments. Plas should be able to win, but Hz is definitely not a walk in the park.

BSD: FloristtheBudew (1-1) vs marilli (4-1)
There's not a lot going for the finest BSD player in Australia. Marilli may not have had the best year on circuit, but I predicted he would go for a lot during the draft and be rock solid througout BSPL, which eventually came to fruition. The odds are overwhelmingly in Marilli's favour, but never count a CAV out till the fat lady sings.

ORAS: GroudonEmpire (2-0) vs Moose And Goose (1-2)
It's already hard enough to beat GE in USUM, but to play him on his home turf is an absolute torture. GE is like a bible, he can also read minds like a psychic, but most importantly he can win BSS matches when he's drunk. Unlike the BSD match, the ORAS match is pretty much in the bag for the CAVs, unless Meese goes on his alt The Squash, only then is he powerful enough to beat my coach.

ORASD: TheLoanRanger (4-0) vs EmbCPT (4-1)
Theoretically speaking if you want to have a chance vs Edu you need to bring either Charlotte or kaori, but TheLoanRanger is actually the "dark horse" ORASD player this BSPL and might actually end up 5-0. However, Edu is eager to get his revenge on him after the week 2 loss, so this will be an interesting rematch that is slightly in Luxray's favour.

GBU: cant say (3-2) vs Megazard (3-2)
Literally the toughest match to call a winner in. Megazard was by far the best GBU player in the first BSPL but time has caught up with the format and there are many players who are similarly skilled alongside him now. Jake is in top shape and this is probably the most important match for him and his team. Jake's passion for GBU and his drive to bring the BSPL trophy home for his team after two unsuccessful BSPLs in a row will really shine here.

Tiebreak Analysis
It is essential for the CAVs that they win semifinals without going to the tiebreaker because the Luxrays are heavily favoured to win in a 3v3 situation.

USUM (default): Chem and Greil will most likely see a rematch here. Greil having some time to chill and might have recovered by the end of the week to at least play normally (or even at his best), in which case Greil is slightly favoured over Chem.
ORAS: CAVs will choose either ORAS or GBU slot. GE is very good in USUM but the slot poses more risk for the CAVs since GE will have to play marilli or Plas. GBU is somewhat more favourable because Jake himself and average fella are great there but would have to face Megazard which again is not ideal. GE is the best ORAS player and Greil will need to play ORAS himself and sacrifice the USUM slot to marilli/Plas in which Chem will have the advantage.
ORASD: 100% the Luxrays will pick a doubles slot, reason being regardless of what formats are chosen in the tiebreaker, Luxrays have Edu and marilli while the CAVs only have ranger and an off-form ck49. Greil literally loses nothing by picking a doubles format, it's a win-win situation.

(3) Castelia Cavaliers vs Lumiose Luxrays (3)

View attachment 191080View attachment 191081
BSS: chemcoop (4-1) vs greilmercenary9 (2-2)
Unfortunately Greil hasn't had the best season this year and irl/RNG stuff hit him hard as well. On the other hand Chem is playing some of the best BSS we've seen, much like the man who dominated the scene back in late '17 and early '18. On paper these two players are roughly equal but considering the what's happened thus far, the match is moderately in Chem's favour.
View attachment 191082View attachment 191083
BSS: hzhz (1-2) vs Plas (3-2)
In the two BSPLs Plas has played in, he went positive and ended up on the winning team twice, that should speak volumes on how good of a player he is. Hz, much like his fellow countrymen, are excellent in room tours, topping both the PS and cart ladders, but somewhat underperform in team tournaments. Plas should be able to win, but Hz is definitely not a walk in the park.
View attachment 191084View attachment 191085
BSD: FloristtheBudew (1-1) vs marilli (4-1)
There's not a lot going for the finest BSD player in Australia. Marilli may not have had the best year on circuit, but I predicted he would go for a lot during the draft and be rock solid througout BSPL, which eventually came to fruition. The odds are overwhelmingly in Marilli's favour, but never count a CAV out till the fat lady sings.
View attachment 191086View attachment 191087
ORAS: GroudonEmpire (2-0) vs Moose And Goose (1-2)
It's already hard enough to beat GE in USUM, but to play him on his home turf is an absolute torture. GE is like a bible, he can also read minds like a psychic, but most importantly he can win BSS matches when he's drunk. Unlike the BSD match, the ORAS match is pretty much in the bag for the CAVs, unless Meese goes on his alt The Squash, only then is he powerful enough to beat my coach.
View attachment 191088View attachment 191089
ORASD: TheLoanRanger (4-0) vs EmbCPT (4-1)
Theoretically speaking if you want to have a chance vs Edu you need to bring either Charlotte or kaori, but TheLoanRanger is actually the "dark horse" ORASD player this BSPL and might actually end up 5-0. However, Edu is eager to get his revenge on him after the week 2 loss, so this will be an interesting rematch that is slightly in Luxray's favour.
View attachment 191090View attachment 191091
GBU: cant say (3-2) vs Megazard (3-2)
Literally the toughest match to call a winner in. Megazard was by far the best GBU player in the first BSPL but time has caught up with the format and there are many players who are similarly skilled alongside him now. Jake is in top shape and this is probably the most important match for him and his team. Jake's passion for GBU and his drive to bring the BSPL trophy home for his team after two unsuccessful BSPLs in a row will really shine here.

Tiebreak Analysis
It is essential for the CAVs that they win semifinals without going to the tiebreaker because the Luxrays are heavily favoured to win in a 3v3 situation.

USUM (default): Chem and Greil will most likely see a rematch here. Greil having some time to chill and might have recovered by the end of the week to at least play normally (or even at his best), in which case Greil is slightly favoured over Chem.
ORAS: CAVs will choose either ORAS or GBU slot. GE is very good in USUM but the slot poses more risk for the CAVs since GE will have to play marilli or Plas. GBU is somewhat more favourable because Jake himself and average fella are great there but would have to face Megazard which again is not ideal. GE is the best ORAS player and Greil will need to play ORAS himself and sacrifice the USUM slot to marilli/Plas in which Chem will have the advantage.
ORASD: 100% the Luxrays will pick a doubles slot, reason being regardless of what formats are chosen in the tiebreaker, Luxrays have Edu and marilli while the CAVs only have ranger and an off-form ck49. Greil literally loses nothing by picking a doubles format, it's a win-win situation.
>GE is like a bible, he can also read minds like a psychic
Can someone tell me what this means?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)