BSS Battle Spot Singles Ladder Tournament I Playoffs - FINALS [Won by: greilmercenary9]

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonWhale

It's not a misplay, it's RNG manipulation
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

LADDER TOURNAMENT I
Welcome to the first ladder tournament playoffs! These 16 players have qualified through their performance in the 4 ladder cycles, and are going to be facing each other to determine the first ladder tournament champion. Their performance in this tournament will gain them championship points, which are used to qualify for the Invitational tournament at the end of the year. More information on that can be found here.

Specific Rules
  • This is standard USUM Battle Spot Singles.
  • The tournament will be Best of Three, Single Elimination. Starting at Top 4, the sets will become a Best of Five.
  • Players may change their teams during the set.
  • Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown/SmogTours
  • Replays must be saved and POSTED. Matches without a replay will not count as completed. If you don't want to risk forgetting to save replays play on Smogtours as it's automatic there.
  • In an event of a timeout, the player who times out will lose that game unless the opponent grants a rematch. This holds true even for a disconnect, due to being unable to know which three Pokemon have been selected at team preview. Consequently, players do not need to send in their teams to a TD.
  • Activity calls and coinflips will be done by myself and the pick command on Pokemon Showdown respectively.
Round 1:

Jmal98 vs 11oyd
Solerme vs Mishimono
Megazard vs greilmercenary9
Hastar vs Puff Killa
Yosshi vs Suspensse
Suinub vs hzhz
Psynergy vs cant say
chemcoop vs Moose And Goose

Round 2:

11oyd vs Solerme
greilmercenary9 vs Hastar
Suspensse vs hzhz
Psynergy vs chemcoop

Semifinals:

Solerme vs greilmercenary9
hzhz vs chemcoop

Finals:

chemcoop cs greilmercenary9

Bracket can be found here: https://challonge.com/x5p6snlh

Round 1 deadline is Sunday, April 22 11:59 PM EST

Last edited:

bobochan

slow mo my bobo
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Jmal98 vs 11oyd
Jmal is more famous in Japan than Solerme is in Italy and his BSS skills is second only to chemcoop. 11oyd will eventually catch up to all of them but the young oz warlord is not ready to take on the 2017 champion yet.

Solerme vs Mishimono
I want to say Mishi haxes his way to the finals and then loses to chem but as we know the RNGesus is quite unpredictable. This match will determine whether or not the Italian has mentally recovered from his invitational loss.

Megazard vs greilmercenary9
Two heavyweight players go head to head. ACE of the CAVs/TAPUs against the ACE of Farseers. Megazard is by far the strongest player on circuit but hes lack of BSS meta knowledge hurts him, a lot. Greil9 on the other hand is a BSS master but has failed to overcome the big players in tours so this one might just be his time to shine.

Hastar vs Puff Killa
Hastar is one of the lesser known players in Japan and Puff has played a lot to get to where he is today so this should be a really close and nice match. 2018 is the year of Japan so I will lean towards Hastar for now and observe more.

Yosshi vs Suspensse
Even though our waifu's are rivals, I still like and respect Yosshi senpai a lot. Hopefully my senpai can get through the first round relatively ez, but remember to keep your guard up at all times especially vs unknown/new players.

Suinub vs hzhz
Suinub was once the most promising player from Japan but took a long hiatus in 2017 and its wonderful to see him return. Hz senpai has the most experience out of any Japanese players on circuit and the momentum riding with him is huge. The old generation takes on the new generation, whoever wins this match will lead Japan to glory in BSS Invitational 2018.

Psynergy vs cant say
The God of RU and husbando of Ike has yet to redeem himself from his losses during BSPL, Invitationals and BSSC so beating cant say here will give him the boost he needs to regain confidence. The oz overlord has plenty of experience on both ps and cart streams under his belt and is slowly returning to his former self which was quite unbeatable back then. Nevertheless this will be a highlight set.

chemcoop vs Moose And Goose
Don't want to go into too much details on sensei because if you play BSS and don't know who he is, you are probably playing in the wrong tier. Meese is a good friend of mine and a fellow TAPU. If you can take down chem here then there'll be no better farewell gift to our former manager DK. Sensei will win here but, I believe in Meese!

bobochan

slow mo my bobo
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Solerme vs greilmercenary9
With both Jmal and Psynergy out of the picture, greil is the final obsticle between chem and his maiden BSSLT title. The Farseers Italian Mafia Boss and his team's ACE are pretty evenly matched right now while slightly leaning in greil's favour but unfortunately for Solerme, greil's potential doesn't stop there. His disappointing showings in the Invitational and Seasonal are a thing of the past now and greil is ready to take on chem the GOAT sensei in the finals.

hzhz vs chemcoop
Being able to hold the number one position on the CP leaderboard for two consecutive years in a Japanese dominant meta truly makes chemcoop the greatest BSS player of all time. Hz senpai is arguably the best from Japan on circuit and I still have my doubts on him. For the sake of all the managers in this year's BSPL, I hope chem becomes a manager himself, otherwise be prepared to fork over 40k and have no more credits leftover to buy BSD players like Demantoid and Mishiimono. There are very few things left that can even touch chem right now:
1. greil (only if he wins vs solerme) ~45% chance of victory vs sensei
2. GroudonEmpire (must come out of retirement) ~47.5% chance of victory vs sensei
3. Jhon senpai (out of practice, must be in top form) ~49% chance of victory vs sensei

Somehow won in a full set of 5 against Chemcoop. It was a back and forth set and I had some luck on my side, most notably the attack drop from Play Rough in G5, but sometimes to take down the GOAT you need that extra bit of luck. Thanks again for the awesome set!
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7battlespotsingles-746072108
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7battlespotsingles-746075189
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7battlespotsingles-746077785
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7battlespotsingles-746082036
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7battlespotsingles-746088035

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)