Battle Spot Singles Viability Rankings

CoolStoryBrobat

The hero Smogon needs, but not the one it deserves
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Now that I managed to sit down and get myself thinking, I've got a few mons to be nominated and discussed.

Clefable for B+ Rank given its Fairy typing, access to the extremely-broken Minimize, Calm Mind, and Stored Power, as well as recovery with Moonlight/Softboiled (good luck getting a legit one transferred from Fire Red/Leaf Green tho you hacker), it can be an incredibly annoying bulky setup sweeper for teams to hassle with, and has a fair number of setup opportunities given its typing. I haven't ran smack into too many of these but whenever I do I'm usually hard-pressed to kill it right away, especially if it's about to start boosting Evasion. Not to mention both its abilities are incredibly useful for it, Magic Guard making it immune to passive damage such as Toxic from Gliscor and Leech Seed from Ferrothorn, while Unaware lets it set up in the face of your own boosting sweeper with no consequence.

Conkeldurr for A- Rank because it is just so ridiculously bulky, durable, and threatening all at the same time. Assault Vest lets it sponge special blows left and right while it's able to keep itself going with recovery from Drain Punch. Guts discourages users from wanting to inflict it with status, while its movepool gives it all the tools it needs to threaten nearly everything between Drain Punch, Mach Punch, Knock Off, Ice Punch, and even Poison Jab, if you really hate Fairies that much. And if you wish to boost, Bulk Up is also an option, as is Choice Band for more power. All-around good Pokemon, and able to keep the majority of Dark-types, Steel-types, and status users (Scald users, Gliscor, Rotom-W, etc.) in check by itself.

Also cosigning Rotom-H for B+/A- for similar reasons to what SilentVerse said, but also because its typing is just incredible for the number of switch-in opportunities against various Pokemon...Also functions as a pretty good stop to Charizard Y among other things

Mega Manectric for either B+/A- as well. It's a great offensive support Pokemon and really great at grabbing momentum with Volt Switch while threatening most Pokemon with its coverage of Overheat/Flamethrower, Hidden Power Ice, and Thunderbolt. Blazing fast base 135 Speed lets it outrun even Mega Gengar while Intimidate lets it mess with mons like Scizor, Talonflame, Azumarill, Terrakion, Mega Pinsir, etc. It's often overlooked since it isn't a straight-up powerhouse (unless maybe you get a Lightning Rod boost before Mega Evolving) and it's easily worn down, but it checks so many offensive Pokemon by itself that it definitely deserves some credit.

Ferrothorn for A+. I can't believe we hadn't already ranked one of the absolute best checks to Mega Kangaskhan in the meta. Its combination of bulk + typing is insanely good, letting it get in on Azumarill, Excadrill, Garchomp, Venusaur, Gliscor, Gyarados, Landorus-T, Mamoswine, etc. It checks a huge range of the metagame, to the point that most of the mons it comes in on find themselves running a Fire- or Fighting-type move specifically to handle it. Rocky Helmet enables it to make Kangaskhan kill itself with recoil on top of Iron Barbs, though Lefties and even Occa Berry in some cases can work just as fine. Leech Seed sucks a ton of stuff dry, while Power Whip maintains offensive presence. And its typing is so easy to work with defensively, since its Fire- and Fighting-type weaknesses aren't hard to cover between 1-2 mons easily.

I got so much more, but lastly I'd like to just nominate Slowbro for B Rank. It's not conventionally seen and its typing and special bulk are kinda exploitable especially with Knock Off being buffed, but it's an absolute counter to Blaziken that still checks a bunch of physical attackers such as Dragonite, Gyarados, Excadrill, Garchomp, Landorus-T, Medicham (no one runs Thunder Punch anyways), Talonflame, Terrakion, Tyranitar, and a bunch of other guys. Also has Thunder Wave/Toxic with reliable recovery in Slack Off on top of Regenerator, so it's capable of supporting its team very easily

Rotom-w - A Rank: The evil washing machine counters a lot of popular and less popular pokes in the 3v3 metagame. With amazing stats, great stabs, and a nice typing, Rotom-w easily stands out in the metagame. It's few counters and checks include Breloom, Ferrothorn, Kangaskhan, Mawile, and Venusaur. It beats Talonflame, Landorus, Terrakion, Thundurus, Gyarados, Blaziken, Nidoking, and Greninja. Bottomline, this is a top notch kitchen appliance, and packs a punch offensively and defensively.

Thudurus (Reg Form) - A-/A: He has a neato typing and great stats, but certain threats like Kangaskhan and Tyranitar keep it from being in the tip-top mons of the tier. Thunder-Wave comes in the niche of slowing Blaziken, Kangaskhan, Latios, Greninja, Gengar, and a plethora of other lesser-used pokemon. In terms of offense, he can beat Talonflame and Gyarados namely.

Terrakion - A-/B+: Great typing and coverage, but the fact that he has to atleast have one boost makes it a little difficult to pull off. Terrakion is literally murdered by this thing, and in certain cases, Charizards, Talonflame, and Gyarados won't either. He also doesn't have the greatest defenses, leaving him worthy of snipes from mons like Greninja, CB/Beak Talonflame, Venusaur, Ferrothorn, Mawile, Landorus, and Garchomp.

Rotom-w - A Rank: The evil washing machine counters a lot of popular and less popular pokes in the 3v3 metagame. With amazing stats, great stabs, and a nice typing, Rotom-w easily stands out in the metagame. It's few counters and checks include Breloom, Ferrothorn, Kangaskhan, Mawile, and Venusaur. It beats Talonflame, Landorus, Terrakion, Thundurus, Gyarados, Blaziken, Nidoking, and Greninja. Bottomline, this is a top notch kitchen appliance, and packs a punch offensively and defensively.

Thudurus (Reg Form) - A-/A: He has a neato typing and great stats, but certain threats like Kangaskhan and Tyranitar keep it from being in the tip-top mons of the tier. Thunder-Wave comes in the niche of slowing Blaziken, Kangaskhan, Latios, Greninja, Gengar, and a plethora of other lesser-used pokemon. In terms of offense, he can beat Talonflame and Gyarados namely.

Terrakion - A-/B+: Great typing and coverage, but the fact that he has to atleast have one boost makes it a little difficult to pull off. Terrakion is literally murdered by this thing, and in certain cases, Charizards, Talonflame, and Gyarados won't either. He also doesn't have the greatest defenses, leaving him worthy of snipes from mons like Greninja, CB/Beak Talonflame, Venusaur, Ferrothorn, Mawile, Landorus, and Garchomp.
I disagree, Terrakion can solve all those problems mentioned above with a choice scarf. Terrakion for A imo.

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hi, let's all please drop the hostile and sarcastic attitudes and discuss things civilly. You're free to debate but make sure you're not throwing around generalizations with a hostile tone. If you think Scarf Terrakion sucks, give an argument and list some reasons why you think so. Let's all try to be friends here :toast:

Scarf terrakion isn't good because of the fact that talonflame can still beat it with BB, azumarill still beats it, landorus beats it, etc. It's just the fact that few of Terrakion's counters/checks are because of its speed.

Scarf terrakion isn't good because of the fact that talonflame can still beat it with BB, azumarill still beats it, landorus beats it, etc. It's just the fact that few of Terrakion's counters/checks are because of its speed.
252+ Atk Choice Band Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Terrakion: 256-303 (79 - 93.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Lando and Azumarill beat it with any other set too.

SilentVerse

Into the New World
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Some things:

Agreeing with A rank Zapdos and A+ Mega Gengar. Zapdos is a solid utility answer to plenty of common threats as Jibaku mentioned, especially since it has access to Roost, and a solid Special Attack stat and STAB Thunderbolt mean it threatens things pretty effectively as well. Mega Gengar is a stupid pos an incredibly good partner to many dangerous offensive threats, since its ability to take out almost any threat of its choosing can easily pave the way for things like BD Azumarill and Blaziken to sweep undeterred.

Re: Hydreigon: It doesn't really require a specific team set up to function imo, at least, the scarf set doesn't from my experience. Dragon / Dark is a useful typing that lets it patch up a number of holes on a surprising amount of teams, which actually makes it pretty easy to fit onto teams, especially when with a Scarf it's fast enough to almost always to be useful in some way. It's also nice that a lot of its best partners are pretty good Pokemon in their own right (aka Aegislash n_n) so fitting it onto a team isn't hard at all. Its niche as a Scarfer is pretty nice due to its resistance to Sucker Punch / Shadow Sneak which means it can revenge kill some of the most relevant threats on its own, whereas some other scarfers / fast mons may struggle (ie: Scarf Garchomp gets OHKOed by +2 Mega Maw Sucker Punch iirc). It's also valuable because while it's primarily a revenge killer, it also serves as a decent offensive threat due to Draco Meteor off base 125 Special Attack, which still hurts even without any boosts. I think A- is fitting because it really is a strong, fairly reliable Pokemon that is relatively easy to fit onto teams, but I suppose B+ is fine too.

I think A+ for Ferrothorn is a bit high... While it's a very good answer to Mega Kangaskhan, my problem with it is that it's just such a passive Pokemon. Like, it's a solid switch in to a lot of things, but it just can't do that much back, and due to its lack of recovery (I mean, there's Leech Seed, but that doesn't really heal enough imo), it gets worn down pretty quickly for such a passive Pokemon. This means that while it can come in on things like Mamoswine, switching in repeatedly can be a difficult task eventually, and its inability to do too much damage means that things can set up on it / get relatively free switch ins fairly easily. It's definitely a great choice if you are weak to Mega Kanga and need a utility answer to a bunch of things, but I feel that it's not something that I''d be able to fit on teams as easily as, say, Garchomp or Azumarill, so I think A or A- is a good ranking for it.

Also, the problem with Scarf Terrakion is that it makes Terrakion even more vulnerable to Aegislash, which is a really bad thing when you consider how good Aegislash is. Being able to at least switch moves and smack it with Earthquake after you CC into it when its weakened instead of being forced to predict the switch is a very useful thing, especially since being locked into Earthquake can let your opponent set up some pretty dangerous things. I personally feel that Focus Sash / Life Orb / Lum Berry / Passho or Chople or Babiri Berry / even Air Balloon are more useful items in general, since Terrakion is already fast enough and the utility of these items lets Terrakion help it deal with some other pesky Pokemon that threaten it. Still, I suppose that it's useful if you want to fit a revenge killer somewhere on your team :).

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Updating:
A+

A

A-

B+

B

Gonna write things for all of them forthcoming, all of these were well argued and corroborated by several people so yeah. (If you would like to write a blurb for the second post too, that would be nice!) Writing a great wall of text defending Terrakion atm. Sorry for my slow responses!

Pearl

Romance は風のまま
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis the 7th Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Champion
I'll voice my opinion on some things I've used on Battle Spot. Will keep it short though:

Diggersby to B-/B - Inferior to Mega Kangaskhan, but definitively has a niche which makes it worth ranking, since it doesn't take a Mega slot and has a better match up against Aegislash, thanks to STAB Earthquake. Hits hard right off the bat, has a strong Quick Attack to revenge kill some threatning Pokemon and can carry a Focus Sash fairly well. What makes me not want to push it further is that it gets eaten alive by popular threats such as Gengar, Garchomp and Cresselia.

Vivillon to C/C+ - Compound Eyes Sleep Powder make it a bitch to deal with to unprepared teams. I think its best set is as a mono attacker with Substitute and Quiver Dance, since Hurricane hits like a truck already and Bug Buzz's coverage is uneeded in most situations. All in all, Vivillon's easy to revenge kill and frail, which keep it from being on par with the higher ranked Pokemon.

Mega Ampharos to A- - Maybe I'm pushing it a little bit too high, since it takes a precious Mega slot and such, but I personally found it really strong and consistent. It fares well against some common Pokemon, such as Talonflame, Rotom-W/H, Zard Y, Thundurus and Zapdos, can tank a hit from threats it doesn't flat out counter, like Aegislash and most importantly: It has the ability to bring in more frail Pokemon safely thanks to Volt Switch. I'd like it if someone with experience on it could back up my opinion though. I'll possibly write more on it once I get some sleep.

Politoed, Kingdra and Kabutops (Rain) to C+/B- - Rain has disssapointed me a lot. It looks excellent on paper, since battles are fast paced, but it falls short in actual battle, since Politoed's below average stats basically make it a 2v3 basically. It also is, in general, extremely weak to Azumarill, which is so common that heavily hinders this playstyle's success by a lot. It's also worth noting that most common Pokemon are beefy enough to tank a hit and KO back (Aegislash is an example of such). I could see Kabutops being ranked higher than the other two though (B-/B), since the best revenge killer (Talonflame) is uneffective against it and even without rain it can put a dent on things.

I think that's all for now, I'll post more if I find something else worth discussing.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I don't play this meta (yet, thinking of getting into it so I can kick Age of Kings and Hulavuta at it :P), but I don't believe Bisharp should be A-. As a very frequent user of Bisharp in OU, I can tell you right now that it's main draw there is Defog punishing and Pursuit trapping, which are pretty non-existent here. Defiant is much harder to take advantage of due to this and thus wallbreaking/sweeping is harder. All the Blaziken, Mega Moms, and Mega Nuke Lukes running around and ruin your day on top of this. However, Bisharp is still the best Aegislash check in the history of ever, Knock Off and Sucker Punch still hurt, and you're not complete set-up fodder for Mega Mawile (+1 Iron Head 2HKOs and you can always get lucky with flinch hax). B+ sounds good.

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
With all due respect Karx, comparison with other singles metas are not valid for this thread because Battle Spot singles is very different from 6v6 singles.

Kickstarting this thread with a few more discussion topics:

Updating:

A

B+

C

Rotom-W is agreed to be A, it's one of the most popular mons in the tier for a reason - great defensive typing, WoW, Trick, pivot capabilities, and in general being useful on most teams. However, it tends to keel over to very strong STAB from Kanga, Hydreigon, etc. and interestingly is checked by both variants of Charizard.

Rotom-H got a fair bit of input and I've decided to place it in B+ for the time being (also all parties that nominated it so far agreed to this) - it has its solid niches, but Rotom-W is generally more useful except in select circumstances. You can run 2 Megas on a team to be flexible even if you can't run them on the same match, but you can't do the same for Rotoms due to species clause. It has some pretty tough competition for a team slot and generally Rotom-W is more favorable to a pivot.

Vivillon has a couple of supporters and I've placed it in C for the time being because it is deceptively good against anything slower than it.

Still working on a wall of text defending Terrakion because I love the thing lol.

---

Agreed with A/A- for Thundurus-I; any concrete ratings? Sometimes I find it a little difficult to run on a team and relies a little on luck so it doesn't get creamed on its frailty with Blaziken, Scarfers, and more mons that don't particularly care about Sub everywhere. At the same time, priority Taunt and T-wave (or god forbid Swagger) are extremely useful to any team and it will always cripple something.

imo Mega Ampharos at A- is a little high imo, I've tried it a few times and its bulk is overstated due to inconvenient typing. For me, it has not held well against the top threats of the tier and it needs a turn of Agility for meh benefit; the team I ran it on, I rarely brought it along because I perceived it as liability. It is the best check to Thundurus-T and does extremely well against Talonflame/Charizard Y, but overall, I'm not sure what niche it performs better than other Electric or Dragon types. Rotom does a better job as a pivot because of Speed, more favorable matchups, and forcing more switches, Thundurus offers more utility to the team, the other Dragons generally have more favorable circumstances (Garchomp) or get Draco Meteor to help even the power differential. imo, Mega Ampharos belongs in B tier.

I agree with Politoed at B-; setting rain is a useful niche but after rain is up, Politoed is usually not incredibly useful on its own. In 3v3 singles, it is also more difficult to abuse Perish Song. Eject Button appears to be the most popular item on it, but given its random nature, you may still end up wasting a turn switching anyways. Encore is ok too, as is offensive sets that allow you to take direct advantage of the rain. Overall, Politoed is better for team support but once rain is up, Politoed is not the most useful Pokemon on its own.

---

Still warrants more input from different people:

Skarmory - B
Mega Lucario - A+
Bisharp - A
Clefable - B+
Conkeldurr - A-
Ferrothorn - A-
Diggersby - B-/B
Kingdra - C+/B-
Kabutops - C+/B-

Remember, everybody's input is considered, but to minimize the effect of personal bias, it's best to have multiple people discussing each mon nominated before putting it up.

Kingdra and Kabutops for C/C+: Why put a pokemon who is completely reliant on another pokemon, above or on the same level as that poke? Especially in a 3v3 meta in which 2 slots is a big deal. Not to mention, they're screwed if the other person has Ttar.

Otherwise, I see everything else as okay enough.

CoolStoryBrobat

The hero Smogon needs, but not the one it deserves
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Kingdra and Kabutops for C/C+: Why put a pokemon who is completely reliant on another pokemon, above or on the same level as that poke? Especially in a 3v3 meta in which 2 slots is a big deal. Not to mention, they're screwed if the other person has Ttar.

Otherwise, I see everything else as okay enough.
Doesn't Kabutops beat TTar? Still has SD + Aqua Jet for priority, and can set up against Talonflame, at the least, while Aqua Jet can threaten some stuff. Of course it's still a pretty niche mon itself but I don't think it's AS rain-dependent as Kingdra. Despite the fact I'm sort of digressing with your point here I really don't want Kabutops in B-, lol. He's a weird case...Maybe after some playtesting, idk. But I def think in some weird way it should be higher than Kingdra.

Doesn't Kabutops beat TTar? Still has SD + Aqua Jet for priority, and can set up against Talonflame, at the least, while Aqua Jet can threaten some stuff. Of course it's still a pretty niche mon itself but I don't think it's AS rain-dependent as Kingdra. Despite the fact I'm sort of digressing with your point here I really don't want Kabutops in B-, lol. He's a weird case...Maybe after some playtesting, idk. But I def think in some weird way it should be higher than Kingdra.
SD isn't really carried on most sets, the regular one is Aqua/Low Kick/Waterfall/Stone Edge, from what I've seen and used. I wouldn't use SD either because if someone doesn't lead with a Tar, and you switch to Kabu, and he goes to Tar, your Kabu can still kill Tar with Low Kick. But yeah, Kingra is super rain-dependent, I agree, since Kingra has literally horrible stats, a great typing yes, but no great attacking stats to back it up. The main point I was trying to convey was that if you had a Poli, Kingdra, and a Kabu, they would all have to be together, and would be really predictable.

For Kingdra I would say C, but i would go for D for kabutops, because he is severely outklassed by azumarill. Kingdra and kabutops are that low because they need specific support to function best, a rain inducer. I would say kingdra surely has a niche, cause kingdra is the pokemon who can use the crit-tactic the best.
I know that kabutops has an advantage over azumarril for talonflame, but azumarril does still beat talonflame one on one, cause waterfall is ohko and brave bird does around 80%.

SilentVerse

Into the New World
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Nah, Kabutops isn't really outclassed by Azumarill at all; they have totally different functions. Kabutops is a rain sweeper that uses its blistering Speed from Swift Swim to sweep through opposing teams, while Azumarill is more of a bulky glue mon that also has the ability to sweep very easily. While Azumarill does beat Talonflame one-on-one if its at full health, typically it will be weakened, which means that Talonflame will usually be able to pick it off. Kabutops on the other hand takes significantly less from Brave Bird which means that even if it's taken a bit of damage it doesn't have to worry about having its sweep stopped by Brave Bird. imo, Kabutops is probably just as good as Kingdra (they are both the best rain sweepers imo, they just have different answers), so they should be around a similar rank.

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
Kingdra has the luxury of having "one other set that is kinda usable maybe" (being Scope Lens + Focus Energy + Sniper) which of course carries its own flaws by also makes it a tad bit less predictable than Kabutops. They still belong in ~C range imo, with Politoed in B or B-.

I'd like to nominate Greninja for A tier.

It's great speed tier, broken ability, awesome coverage, access to U-turn, and flexibility (I heard physical Greninja is a thing on Battle Spot) makes it a great offensive threat in the metagame.

Hulavuta

keeps the varmints on the run
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I'd like to nominate Greninja for A tier.

It's great speed tier, broken ability, awesome coverage, access to U-turn, and flexibility (I heard physical Greninja is a thing on Battle Spot) makes it a great offensive threat in the metagame.
I would honestly not put Greninja that high. His frailty is a major issue, especially when you only have three Pokemon to take all your hits. Despite having great moves he can't OHKO everything, and anything that can take a hit destroys him in return. Most of his common moves also make him set-up bait for Mega Mawile or Mega Gyarados as well. I guess my point is that he is very reliant on team matchup; it won't really be used much against a bulkier team. I'd put him in B+ at most.

I would honestly not put Greninja that high. His frailty is a major issue, especially when you only have three Pokemon to take all your hits. Despite having great moves he can't OHKO everything, and anything that can take a hit destroys him in return. Most of his common moves also make him set-up bait for Mega Mawile or Mega Gyarados as well. I guess my point is that he is very reliant on team matchup; it won't really be used much against a bulkier team. I'd put him in B+ at most.
Fair enough. Maybe I've been very lucky in my team matchups, but he's been doing great job for me. He's one of my most common leads.

I wholeheartedly agree. While he's very popular, his paper thin defense and lack of OHKO power on key threats makes him B+ at best. Predictable as well running a water type move, dark pulse, ice beam, extrasensory/grass knot/HP fire/u turn.

Lets do this:
Terrakion for A-, my reason is this, he covers both Mega Kangaskan and Aegislash, top tier threats.
Checks for Aegislash:
252+ SpA Aegislash-Blade Shadow Ball vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Terrakion: 174-205 (53.8 - 63.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Aegislash-Blade Shadow Sneak vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Terrakion: 88-105 (27.2 - 32.5%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
252+ Atk Aegislash-Blade Sacred Sword vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Terrakion: 262-310 (81.1 - 95.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Terrakion Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Aegislash-Blade: 376-444 (116 - 137%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Terrakion Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Aegislash-Shield: 154-182 (47.5 - 56.1%) -- 25.8% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
He can plain on kill aegislash with just EG, and bulk doesn't really change the check much, just means aegi cant kill Terra even more
252 Atk Terrakion Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Aegislash-Shield: 118-140 (36.4 - 43.2%) -- 98.1% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Terrakion Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Aegislash-Blade: 236-278 (72.8 - 85.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
4 SpA Aegislash-Blade Shadow Ball vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Terrakion: 135-159 (41.7 - 49.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
4 Atk Aegislash-Blade Shadow Sneak vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Terrakion: 67-81 (20.7 - 25%) -- 0% chance to 4HKO
4 Atk Aegislash-Blade Sacred Sword vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Terrakion: 202-238 (62.5 - 73.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Checks for Mega Kang:
252 Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Terrakion: 69-82 (21.3 - 25.3%) -- 0.2% chance to 4HKO
Plus Terra gets the +2 atk boost and even without the boost can will it with Close C
252 Atk Terrakion Close Combat vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Kangaskhan: 390-458 (111.1 - 130.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Terrakion: 348-411 (107.7 - 127.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
While it can OHKO Terra with EG, Terra can outspeed it even without C scarf (must be jolly/spd nature though)
252 Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Fake Out vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Terrakion: 52-63 (16 - 19.5%) -- possible 6HKO
252 Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Return vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Terrakion: 133-157 (41.1 - 48.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)