Battle Spot Special Season 2: VGC 2014 Rules!

"With the release of the Standard ruleset for the VGC ’14 season last week, many players were disappointed that there would be no in-game ladder to easily find opponents to practice against from around the world. Quick to respond, The Pokémon Company International has announced that the next Special ladder on Battle Spot will feature the exact same ruleset as the one that will be used for this season’s Video Game Championships. For quick reference, that is:

• All matches are played in Doubles format
  • Pokemon above Level 50 will be brought down to 50 for the match while those below 50 will stay as-is
  • Players choose 4 of their 6 registered Pokemon after team preview
  • Pokémon must meet all three of the following conditions to be eligible for use:
    1. Pokémon must be found in the Coastal Kalos, Central Kalos, or Mountain Kalos Pokédex (Full list can be found here)
    2. Pokémon must have been obtained in Pokémon X or Y (identifiable by a blue pentagon on the stats screen)
    3. Mewtwo, Xerneas, Yveltal, and Zygarde are banned
  • Species Clause: No two Pokémon can share the same Pokédex number.
  • Item Clause: No two Pokémon can hold the same held item."
So there you have it! Those of you complaining about PokeBank ruining OU can at least play this. (Doubles only tho) Important notes:

- Sleep / evasion clauses do not apply here
- Blaziken, as it is not in the Kalos dex, is not eligible for this season
- While they have to be hatched in Kalos, Pokebank will bring some additional egg moves from the previously unreleased pokemon
- Nintendo doesn't give a crap about our metagame, so Mega-Gengar and Mega-Kangaskhan are allowed

What will be the dominant strategy?

This will be my excuse to move to doubles battling I guess (while I mull over deciding to hack or not). I really think weather would have perks in this format and Mega-Kahn might not be so centralizing in doubles. Sure it hits hard but two fast attackers hitting her will bring her down quick.

So you say Char Y drought teams are pretty good? What about a Drought team? I was working on one before I realized it would be crappy in 3v3 Singles.

Charizard Y is just one of the best Pokemon, he can use his weather for himself similar to Tyranitar and Abomasnow. If you do go for weather don't go overboard on Chlorophyll .etc I think something like Charizard Y and Venusaur are enough. Between him and Talonflame I highly recommend Rock Slide on Garchomp instead of Sword Dance if you are using it.

Wow. Well so much for that. I was hoping to avoid the flood of hackmons in Free and Rated Random battles, but apprently they are in this too. Real smooth GF.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)